Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2020 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
Let's be clear, they are banking on returning viewers. This sort of hurt the score. I wanted to jump right in and get to know the characters and the scenario, but instead am given an extra story. I got nearly nothing to as who these 3 girls are. The only signifigances were the bike, the book, and the name Higarashi dropped. I have no idea what is going on or who these people are, or why I should care.

Hopefully, episode 2 will give a bit more information. I really want to like this show.
Oct 5, 2020 7:13 AM
Oct 2020
I watched it in indonesian dub in 2000 and english dub in 2006, but not finished (forget the last episode that I watched).

in 2010 I rewatched it in japanese dub from 1st episode until finale.

so, the one I remember is the japanese voice.

is there anyone here growing up watching inuyasha in english dub or local dub?
If yes, I want to know your opinion about the original japanese voice.
Oct 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Takao_Bl00driver said:
I watched it in indonesian dub in 2000 and english dub in 2006, but not finished (forget the last episode that I watched).

in 2010 I rewatched it in japanese dub from 1st episode until finale.

so, the one I remember is the japanese voice.

is there anyone here growing up watching inuyasha in english dub or local dub?
If yes, I want to know your opinion about the original japanese voice.

I grew up watching the English dub of Inuyasha and even though I watched Inuyasha with English subs, I can still hear the English dub of the character Inuyasha saying "Wind Scar"," Kagome!!!", or my favorite "Kikiyo!!!". There's nothing wrong with the Japanese voices its just English voices for this series resonate with me because I grew up listening to them.
Oct 5, 2020 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
ah the nostalgic OST! Once it started playing, it had me on the verge of tears. The opening was a bit disappointing tho. I expected more.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 5, 2020 4:27 PM
Sep 2018
SidVicious said:
merope28 said:
the real question is: who is the mother of sesshomaru's kids?

Adult Rin is the mother.

hellllll yaaaaa!!
Oct 5, 2020 5:15 PM

Apr 2020
GREAT first episode!not enough to reassure all the hype but it just started!
nostalgic factor x crumbs of flashbacks. Lets see if the develoment its gives us what it promises and its no another Boruto (burrito)

as could be deduced from the plot synopsis and the trailer, it seems that
Setsuna has the personality of Sesshomaru, Moroha comes to be Inuyasha and Towa would have the original temperament.

btw i LOVE Towa's design! cries in non binary owo
Oct 6, 2020 3:28 AM

Mar 2009
Boy, this whole thing felt bizarre. Like an anime out of a different era. The old Inuyasha music, the original cast - it's like being transported back to the original. What an odd and off-putting feeling. Really, I hope we don't get to see the original cast of characters too often. We've spent enough time with them as is. Didn't take too long to be instantly reminded of Inuyasha and Kagome's toxic relationship. He is still stuck on Kikyo, and Kagome is continuously jealous of this. A never-ending cycle. Annoying. And if we see Miroku groping Sango or even other girls...ugh. This all needs to be kept in the past.

If we follow Towa, Setsuna and Moroha throughout, with very little of the original cast, I'd be content. Towa's design is fantastic and Moroha's a cutie. Setsuna seems cool enough and obviously takes after her father. Anything concerning these three in this episode was fine. And I hope it stays this way.
Oct 6, 2020 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
Didn't expect this and I'm so hyped for it! The manga was one of the first I owned and the anime was also one of the first anime I've watched.
Great start of the series, but I hope this won't be like Boruto. I thought something was off when I heard Miroku, now I know why. The old seiyuu passed away so they had to replace him. RIP. :((
I loved Miroku's old voice, I'll need to get used to the new one.
Oct 6, 2020 9:36 PM
Sep 2020
Soundtrack: check
Bike: check (seat at least)
Good OP: check
Silly after OP snippet:check
Episode title + soundtrack: check

Overall a good callback to the original while establishing the characters of the new series.
Oct 6, 2020 11:09 PM
Dec 2019
SoraSenpai said:
Miroku and Sango banging out children left and right lol.

Good first episode. Looking forward to this series.
well ,its miroku we're talking abt😂
Oct 6, 2020 11:10 PM
Dec 2019
shiroi-ookami said:
Didn't expect this and I'm so hyped for it! The manga was one of the first I owned and the anime was also one of the first anime I've watched.
Great start of the series, but I hope this won't be like Boruto. I thought something was off when I heard Miroku, now I know why. The old seiyuu passed away so they had to replace him. RIP. :((
I loved Miroku's old voice, I'll need to get used to the new one.
you dont really need to, miroku's appearance are just a cameo
Oct 6, 2020 11:13 PM
Dec 2019
Mune said:
Let's be clear, they are banking on returning viewers. This sort of hurt the score. I wanted to jump right in and get to know the characters and the scenario, but instead am given an extra story. I got nearly nothing to as who these 3 girls are. The only signifigances were the bike, the book, and the name Higarashi dropped. I have no idea what is going on or who these people are, or why I should care.

Hopefully, episode 2 will give a bit more information. I really want to like this show.
so you didnt watch the original series?
Oct 7, 2020 1:00 AM
Nov 2016
Okay, I literally grew up watching Inuyasha and I'm as excited as one could be!! But you guys really think the animation was good? Kagome had a lazy eye for god's sake XD Like in general its okay... but its really crappy compared to the original animation! Nevertheless, it was really nostalgic, and I'm really curious about how the story is gonna go from here on.
And about Sesshomaru's wife... I mean, if you watched the original anime, you know it's Rin.
Oct 7, 2020 5:58 AM

May 2014
Too much recap for one episode. I was hoping for more introduction to new characters than seeing the old characters. Don't get me wrong, I like the show to the point I rewatched it all after they announced it (since the last time I saw it was as it aired) but like... IDK, it wasn't thrilling? It felt like it was trying to bank too hard on nostalgia more than anything.

Ending theme was good at least, which has been the norm for the entire series so far.
Oct 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2019
mintiel said:
Too much recap for one episode. I was hoping for more introduction to new characters than seeing the old characters. Don't get me wrong, I like the show to the point I rewatched it all after they announced it (since the last time I saw it was as it aired) but like... IDK, it wasn't thrilling? It felt like it was trying to bank too hard on nostalgia more than anything.

Ending theme was good at least, which has been the norm for the entire series so far.

They have the entire rest of the series to showcase the newer characters more. They have to bridge the gap between the old series and the new one, and what better way than the first episode of the new series? That's kind of the place where that most belongs. And it's an adaptation of the last chapter of the Inuyasha manga, the bonus content from 2013 which had to go somewhere unless they had released it years ago as a separate OVA or something. This is something a lot of Inuyasha fans may have wanted to see finally on screen for the past 7 years.
Oct 7, 2020 8:23 PM
Feb 2020
Well, that was confusing
How does Seshomaru's daughter use the Higurashi name?
Anyone else concerned that the demon kids look to be teens at least and Miroku and Sango's kids are toddlers despite being in the epilogue?
BastionoOct 7, 2020 8:36 PM
Oct 7, 2020 9:39 PM
Oct 2020
Bastiono said:
Well, that was confusing
How does Seshomaru's daughter use the Higurashi name?

check towa's character info for that reason.

Bastiono said:
Anyone else concerned that the demon kids look to be teens at least and Miroku and Sango's kids are toddlers despite being in the epilogue?

obviously it's a flashback.
sokyo said it was happened over a decade ago.
please rewatch it again properly.
Oct 8, 2020 2:57 AM
Oct 2019
Ah it feels so nostalgic!!... I'm glad they kept the artstyle same. A great way to start a sequel since they showed us a bit of backstory. More characters related to original series will be there in the next episode...so just can't wait.
Oct 8, 2020 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Omg I love this series and characters so much. It really feels like the old Inuyasha so far and I'm melting of nostalgia and joy.
And I love how they grew together as couples too and the old characters in new situation, that's pure love! Their character interactions and teamwork, also between Sango and Kagome are fantastic. ❤
And as always, the women in Inuyasha are great. I think I already like Towa a lot too, as far as I can tell from the few scenes and trailers etc. Three great girls there, I hope.

Mune said:

If you have some time, I really recommend you to watch the original as well, if you like adventure fantasy in feudal japan and all.

I think in the next episode, we will start with the three main girls.

Anyway, can we talk about how great that ending sounds and looks? I love it. ^^

removed-userOct 8, 2020 6:04 AM
Oct 8, 2020 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
It's back after 11 years. Damn feels nostalgic
Oct 9, 2020 7:40 AM

Sep 2014
This sure brings me back ;-; Shame about Miroku's old va but was still good.
Was great to see the old gang back together in any case! Felt kinda bad when Miroku mentioned he's powerlessness but at least he's still alive with a big family!
Kagome's "Sit boy" was the cherry on the cake.

Already loving Towa she's so cute, it's not like I have a thing for tomboys or anything!
Looking forward to smol Towa and Setsuna in the next episode <3

Not that big fan of the OP but the ED does give some old Inuyasha vibes.
nerfxOct 9, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 9, 2020 11:59 AM
Aug 2017
This was pure nostalgia sprinkled with the kids plot.
Oct 10, 2020 1:25 AM

Aug 2012
Extremely bad episode. That being said is way better than I expected based on the statements they made. This episode basically undoes all of the Final act part of the series. The only reason I think the writers even mention some of it is because fans complained about it not because they watched it. Problems:
1. the root demon is a low level demon who's main power is regeneration. Inuyasha easily defeated many such demons before not to mention Sesshoumaru Bakusaiga would have killed it in one blow since this is how the blade works by sending poison into the host.
2. since there is no Shikon No Tama anymore even if the demon was sealed for a long time it would sense it and not attack Kagome
3. The relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha has matured way pass Kikyo jealousy and osuwaris. There is no place for them
4. There is no way for Yashahime to get that book
5. Inuyasha Zangetsuha is now formed of blades so there is no reason for the full moon form to be used
6. The arrow + kaze no kizu was used in the movies but bakuryuha can be used here more effectively with almost 0 chances for the demon to escape since it uses its own aura.
7. There are plenty more powers that can be used, for this demon I would have used dragon scaled testsuaiga or flame testsuaiga - although the last one would be not be available if it went by anime
8. the drawing look extremely bad , also the animation
9. Miroku is not using sutras
10. Hiraikotsu purifying power nowhere to be seen
11. Sango has no place in combat. Unlike today mothers did not abandon their kids to work.
12. the Yashahime character is too androgynous. While they are not explained Moroha and Setsuna at least do look realistically. Yashahime looks like a boy that took estrogen. Is the She-Ra stupidity once again
13. Considering that no demon was able to infect the Tree of Ages without the help of Shikon shard or at least a fake shikon shard is hard to believe that weed managed to do so
14. Shippo matured quite a lot during the Final Act and the ending shows that he passed many fox demon exams and grew some more yet we have the Shippo from before Final act again

The writers should have watched the whole series. They have clearly just watched some of the first part of the series and just the final episode of Final Act and have no idea what they are doing . Is visible from every part of this episode. Will give it a 3 episode try but is a definite flop

YggdraSEED said:
Obviously

Moroha ⅓ demon, Inuyasha and Kagome's kid

Towa ½ demon, well Sesshou is full and Rin is human soooooooo

Setsuna, either Towa or Moroha's twin

Your math is off :
Moroha would be 1/4 demon so her demon blood would be so diluted that she would not be able to use any demon blades powers. It would be able to draw some energy similar to how Inuyasha did before being able to use Kaze no Kizu i.e use it to strenghten the blade a bit but just about it and she would not be able to sue regeneration or any other demonic powers. So it would be just an above the average girl. If setsuna is her twin then it would be similar. At most you can claim that by a miracle the demon gene was transmitted and she is actually half demon but the chances are extremely small.
nightcrawlercypOct 10, 2020 1:41 AM
Oct 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2008
Damn you want to start a sequel series right, you hit with a nostalgia bomb. Great choice to start with, I will be watching the rest.
Oct 10, 2020 12:27 PM
Dec 2017
While everyone discusses the plot or Sesshomaru's wife, I just can't ignore the ugly noses of the ex-main characters. And it seems that Miroku's voice has changed, so sad :( (I have noticed cause I have watched 2 original seasons just this summer so I still remember all the voices)
Oct 11, 2020 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
1#: Oh, it seems like the plot is pretty concerned about the course of history now, which Inuyasha story didn't care much about Kagome going back and forth between past and present without causing any changing in time. I think the creator/staff of this anime is going to try to correct some of this failures in this new adventure.

2#: It's notorious (and maybe sad) to know that Kikyou' phantasm is still haunting Kagome and Inuyasha relationship and minds, even when the peace seems to reign after Nakaru's death and Shikon no Tama extinction... 'Kikyou root' was pretty symbolic! And the Root Head Youkai looked very similar to one-eyed and bandaged Onigumu.

3#: Miroku as 'delinquent monk' was an awesome description xD LOL

4#: What happened to Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Rin??? It seems like they're not going to appear in the 10 years later plot :\

5#: OH, HOW I MISSED TO LISTEN TO "OSWARI" AND "KAZE NO KIZU!" *--* THIS EPISODE REALLY MADE ME WANNA CRY :'@@@@ INTENSE NOSTALGIC FEELINGS!
removed-userOct 11, 2020 5:54 AM
Oct 14, 2020 2:59 AM
Oct 2007
What a surprise!
I was randomly clicking and I don't even know this was an Inuyasha's sequel!

Super nostalgic for me.
Good to see all the original casts together again. I actually thought that the studio did a good job squeezing everyone in on a very limited amount of time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2020 5:34 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Considering that I never actually finished Inuyasha... like at all... I'm really surprised that I understood what was going on. I mean they recapped pretty well. I still remembered the characters just fine, but the little name tags were still helpful for newcomers I'd hope. Like it seems to me like they tried to make this as beginner friendly as possible.

All that aside, I really like what it seems like we'll be getting. A three girl squad? Sounds good to me. I'm already liking their personalities too. I'm really down to keep watching-- especially since they made me feel so welcome. o3o

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 24, 2020 12:42 AM
Jul 2015
Hypeeee
It felt so good to see the gang back again. Like meeting with old friends after years. Glad they did a sequel.
Nov 4, 2020 7:30 AM

Jun 2017
Damn! I really thought at first that Towa was a male character!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 24, 2020 12:13 PM
Oct 2020
Aleph199X said:
I want more of the old cast... I missed them.

YESS! Me as well I feel pretty sad when they dont come out!
Mar 21, 2021 10:23 AM

Sep 2014
waited to watch the English dub but all of the old characters voices sounded weird, I almost thought they all got replaced lmao Kirby Morrow's voice used to sound sexier back then.

Oh crap I just found out he died last November.. RIP 😢

I am addicted to the OP theme, it's a catchy song!
sunsetoceanApr 17, 2021 9:14 AM

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
May 6, 2021 5:47 AM

Oct 2007
finally got to start this show. So nostalgic to see Inuyasha, Kagome, and everyone again. Sesshomaru still arrogant, but he's a good guy now.

Root Head is terrifying, beheading people and using the heads. Why the heck did Kikyou choose not to finish this guy off when she had the chance? Anyway, the demon looking for the Shikon jewel really made me nostalgic.. it's like the good times again watching Inuyasha on tv on weekday afternoons!

well, but now we start a new story... looking forward to the adventures of their daughters.
May 9, 2021 4:28 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
So much nostalgia
- Justin T. Poindexter
Aug 18, 2021 2:40 AM
Dec 2020
ss4chris said:
do we know who Sesshoumaru's wife is?

Sesshoumaru's wife is Rin.
Aug 19, 2021 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
Lacxux said:
ss4chris said:
do we know who Sesshoumaru's wife is?

Sesshoumaru's wife is Rin.

show me the car fax akaproof
Aug 23, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
mygod. I only heard of the sequal a couple of days by scrolling on Twitter.
They really knew how to start the series with a nostalgia kick. The music, characters, time travel concept, etc. shit got my warped right back to the MAL forums with a happy smile

BecauseAllYourThoughtsAreWicked | Sailor Mars
May 17, 2022 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
It was nice to see the old characters again, especially Sango, she's as hot as ever. It looks like Miroku turned her into a baby factory. He can finally do all the lecherous moves on her to his satisfaction.

Hmm, so these are Sesshoumaru's and Inuyasha's daughters? Interesting.
Jul 15, 2022 6:11 AM

Jul 2012
I am surprised..
The seiyuu is still the same.. its been a long time, glad to hear their voice once again n glad that they r still alive healthy somewhere in Japan..

I wonder if I can give this one another 10's..

I've tried to watch this "boruto like" series, while I didn't even want to watch boruto..
But I might give it a try later.. even if IK it might be bored thou 😔
I just don't know what to watch anymore . .

Jul 25, 2022 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
Best Inuyasha episode I have seen in a while.
Jan 7, 2023 7:04 AM

Jan 2018
I knew that Miroku's English VA Kirby Murrow passed away in 2020 but I had no idea his original Japanese VA Kouji Tsujitani also passed away 2 years prior to it. I noticed a different voice right away and immediately looked up if he was recast. Finding out this information made me very sad because I had no idea about this while I was watching Inuyasha for the past few months. 

The first episode was pretty much based on Inuyasha's epilogue story written by Rumiko Takahashi "Since Then" and it was pretty good. I guess the actual story begins in episode 2. 

Unnecessary and bad sequel or not, I thought Yashahime would be way more popular than it currently is since it's a sequel to something that was a gateway anime for a whole generation. I'll keep watching it for the fanservice and that might be enough to keep me happy. 
0451Jan 7, 2023 7:09 AM
Mar 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
This very a lot like the old show, did not expect it. Was a good first episode, though we mostly saw the old characters. Time to introduce the new ones.
Dec 30, 2023 5:15 AM
Dec 2023
Story bland, Characters Bland, Missed opportunities, Animation bad. All round a mediocre anime, dropped it half way through.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.