Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Oct 7, 2020 10:45 AM
Jan 2019
Okay, i watched the video of funimation. In episode 2, we should start seeing differences between the OG anime and the remake, and given the way Ryukishi07 said it, i don't know if he means truly subtle changes or a radical new perspective . I don't know man... just wanted a remake
Oct 7, 2020 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm that ending cliffhanger and they brought back the original OP
Oct 7, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Ok, this is actually quite funny xD (no spoilers, don't worry)

Edit: It would also be more than one-cour:
ovy7Oct 7, 2020 12:11 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
rholeros said:
Okay, i watched the video of funimation. In episode 2, we should start seeing differences between the OG anime and the remake, and given the way Ryukishi07 said it, i don't know if he means truly subtle changes or a radical new perspective . I don't know man... just wanted a remake
There's no point in remaking it 1:1.
Oct 7, 2020 2:11 PM
Nov 2016
God, it's good to be watching some new Higurashi content. I saw a thread that said this wasn't a remake, which is interesting to say the least. Nonetheless, I honestly really enjoyed this first episode a lot. Definitely had a very light-hearted and jarring vibe (but in a good way), and the pacing was pretty good in my opinion. As for the artstyle, you know what? I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's a lot cuter (and deceptive to say the least), but I'm fully prepared for it to go all out in the darker scenes. Like my goodness, the opening was pretty gruesome to say the least, more than I thought it would be (I loved the neck scratching detail and how we never saw Keiichi's face, I loved that). Also I know it's probably because of the monogatari artstyle, but this honestly reminds me of Shaft, lol. I swear it's because of some of the show's shots and the artstyle but it feels so shaft to me. Disregarding that the art direction is really good here, love you Passione for the good work! The characters were introduced much better here than in the original, and while I definitely like the buildup more, however, the description and horror of the incident was a little lackluster, and could've been better. Post-Credit scene definitely caught me off guard, and to be honest revealing Rika to be supernatural is a bit of a questionable decision to me? Otherwise, pretty good premiere, and definitely watching Episode 2.
Oct 7, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2020
is this a remake or i have to watch the 2006 one first?
nonfactorOct 7, 2020 3:29 PM
Oct 7, 2020 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
YOOOOOO THE FRICKING OPENING AT END.
Also, Rika's red eyes at the end there will probably screw with a lot of people who are watching this blind.
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left
Oct 7, 2020 3:56 PM
Jan 2019
nonfactor said:

In the interview they said that only people who watched the OG will get to notice subtle things added; they even encourage you to watch it all, including playing the VN

Take it as you will. For me, you should be fine without it.
Oct 7, 2020 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
omfg, was higurashi always so fun to watch? i think i saw all the other seasons before but i don't think i ever had so much fun with 1 episode

from the Rena walk to school banter about waiting/not waiting, to the Satoko class trap scene, to the food scene, to the Rika punch trap ... the NIPPA, the OMOCHIKAERI ... DAMN LOL

there it is, the ending reminding us what this anime is all about :D

Rena you scrub, you were the one who lured him there, don't blame him for that lol
i wonder if she had that planned since the start... kinda forgot the original story
winddevil1Oct 7, 2020 4:56 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 7, 2020 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
YokaSol said:

This is what I love about this is watching new people go through the cycles. I wish I could make myself forget the entire story and do it again. :)

I know how that feels, there are many animes i wish i could forget and watch again. But i am so glad for this remake! And with that ending, can't wait for today's episode!
Hope i will enjoy it as much as you ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 8, 2020 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
ovy7 said:
Apparently someone here on MAL leaked parts of the title and story-bits (very little of those, tho) since April. If those end up true, this anime may end up as a re-imagining of the original story, instead of an adaptation....

Ryukishi seems to be very hyped for this, and seeing that he wrote the anime, I do trust him on this.

That's actually quite possible, and the more I think of it the more sense it makes.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Oct 8, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2016
I haven’t seen many anime since lockdown started so I’m glad to be getting back into the seasonal jig with this new part of one of my favourite series. I kind of love the new animation style??

I wasn’t massively pleased that this episode seems to be a blow-by-blow remake of the first episode of the 2006 first season, but from what I’ve heard this is going to be an entirely different arc from Onikakushi. Massively excited for what’s to come.

Oct 8, 2020 9:51 AM
Jan 2017
Ohoo.. the remake is airing,
yeahH its better anime style and look fresh, and the situation still same too but yeah im really miss this series so much and the Original song was legend just like uhmmm look very sweet..
Oct 8, 2020 11:58 AM
Jan 2019
nonfactor said:

Its me again buddy. I take back what i told you; go and watch OG higurashi and then come back here. Why? Because this is a sequel or a complete re imagening of the series, meaning that if toy want to feel the mistery of the OG, you wont have it. Ep 2 gave away everything now.
Oct 8, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2020
rholeros said:
nonfactor said:

Its me again buddy. I take back what i told you; go and watch OG higurashi and then come back here. Why? Because this is a sequel or a complete re imagening of the series, meaning that if toy want to feel the mistery of the OG, you wont have it. Ep 2 gave away everything now.

aight , thanks mate will do

btw in what order should i watch them ? :s
Oct 8, 2020 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
nonfactor said:
rholeros said:

aight , thanks mate will do

btw in what order should i watch them ? :s

The first series titled simply Higurashi no naku Koro ni and it's sequel Higrashi no Naku koro ni Kai.
Oct 8, 2020 11:38 PM
Oct 2020
Ok I just came back after watching the old Higurashi first episode.
This new one is definitely a sequel. Because I found the old one explains so many things that are not explained on the new one. Like who is Mion, who is Rena, How they are together in school same grade with younger kids. Which those are my questions after watching the new one as newcomer. Ok the old one also explain why they play games, because it's their club activities.

The animation the new one is better, however as episode 1 goes, I enjoyed the old one a lot compared with the new one. The story telling is better, the joke is better, aside from the animation, a lot of things in old one is better. The new one seems to be made for fans that already know the story, hence the some are not explained things, and then focused more on the slice of life activities like they are made for nostalgic moments.
Oct 10, 2020 2:44 AM

Jun 2020
Nipah! So Higurashi is back and they did some pretty good animation on the characters and I liked it and they changed a few of it and I'm looking forward on this series to follow the old one.

And Rena is looking cute she's most likely the best girl on this series lol.
Oct 10, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
Oh shit....here we go again.
Oct 12, 2020 6:32 AM

Oct 2016
A nice introductory episode. The animation is good and the voice acting is perfect. Even with the cutesy new art style, it keeps the horror vibe from the original anime. And OMG I'm so thrilled when hearing the old theme song near the end, which is very likely to be the opening for the episodes to come.
Oct 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
The moment the old Higurashi OP song was used at the end gave me massive goosebumps. That goddamn nostalgia. Although, I really thought they will use it as the OP song once again.

Oct 23, 2020 6:10 AM

Jul 2019
I really like the new artstyle and animation tbh. Rena going psycho still gets me
Oct 27, 2020 4:21 AM
Apr 2020
Wow they just used OG. Theme in ending!!! I didn't thought that they might use the Original op from old series 💯💯🔥
Oct 29, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or is the anime a little too over-saturated (the colors)?
Oct 30, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2014
svet said:
Is it just me or is the anime a little too over-saturated (the colors)?

Read the comments and find out.
no, not only you ._.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Nov 2, 2020 5:41 AM
Apr 2020
Why bother remake it? Animation looked better in the original. Doesn't make any sense.
Nov 2, 2020 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
Kisaki47 said:
Why bother remake it? Animation looked better in the original. Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, there's absolutely no need for remake. But it's reboot+sequel and that's the reason.
Nov 18, 2020 9:04 AM

Jun 2017
I'm only reminded of how the characters looked like. My memory about the story, no matter how I muse about it, is a little vague. It's been a long time ago since I watched the original but when I catch up to the flow of the story, I'm pretty sure it will come back to me again.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 30, 2020 8:56 PM

Apr 2020
keiichi in this version seem more palatable and less annoying

Dec 17, 2020 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
keiichi's voice sounds nasally, i don't like it. also all the girls have a resting :3 face which is kind of weird... are they trying to make them look more cutesy or something so it's more shocking later on? maybe it'll be better once the action starts but i didn't really enjoy this episode.
Jan 2, 2021 7:06 AM
Feb 2019
I never watch the old Higurashi and never read anything related to it too. For a first time experience, the first episode is pretty good, but I think the art style is kinda...weird? Didn't make it any less enjoyable tho, especially since I watched it for free legally on youtube(ani-one).
Jun 20, 2021 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
It just doesn't feel the same. Originally in the scene with Tomitake and Keiichi there were some long pauses in between lines, particularly on Tomitake's side, which built so much tension. But here it kinda feels like they're just regurgitating the lines. 0 pauses in between so 0 tension was built. I was even kinda zoning out during this scene, when the original was so impactful, and when I realised this I felt pretty sad.
The voice actors are the same but they sound so different. I feel like I'm watching a very awkward roleplay rather than a remake.
I got used to the art style pretty quickly in general, but I will never grow accustomed to how Keiichi looks now. His hair especially looks super weird.
iiKrinaJun 24, 2021 3:59 PM
Sep 14, 2021 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Sextoko is so hot.
Dec 23, 2021 6:45 PM

Nov 2010
I saw the original 12 years ago or so. I read this is a remake. Hopefully, I'll be entertained as much as I did long ago.

Anyway,

I must say modern animation made the girls look cuter.

So far so good. It still has that air of creepiness and mystery that I remember.

Rena and her cleaving weapon. I couldn't forget about that.
Jun 8, 2022 3:47 PM

Dec 2018
not sure yet if this is a remake or not, or even warranted as i thought it already wrapped up nicely. the animation seems lighter? but sharper. maybe it was the stream i watched but the original looked like it was recorded with a potato. supposedly there's supposed to be differences, i hope that's true but not in a bad way.
Aug 17, 2022 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
StateofOhayo said:
not sure yet if this is a remake or not, or even warranted as i thought it already wrapped up nicely. the animation seems lighter? but sharper. maybe it was the stream i watched but the original looked like it was recorded with a potato. supposedly there's supposed to be differences, i hope that's true but not in a bad way.

i peeked at the ending of this and next season it could be remake cause it seems almost identical but different reasons why this SH is happening
i remember the old1 being about a parasite being in/part of Rika and it has a power
but thids1
Sep 11, 2022 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
iiKrina said:
It just doesn't feel the same. Originally in the scene with Tomitake and Keiichi there were some long pauses in between lines, particularly on Tomitake's side, which built so much tension. But here it kinda feels like they're just regurgitating the lines. 0 pauses in between so 0 tension was built. I was even kinda zoning out during this scene, when the original was so impactful, and when I realised this I felt pretty sad.
The voice actors are the same but they sound so different. I feel like I'm watching a very awkward roleplay rather than a remake.
I got used to the art style pretty quickly in general, but I will never grow accustomed to how Keiichi looks now. His hair especially looks super weird.

hard agree with this. I feel like some scenes that were originally supposed to carry a lot more weight felt so... lackluster in this remake. there's just no impact whatsoever.

while the animation and art-style is a step-up to fit with modern anime-style, it just feels off in comparison to the original anime.
Jan 13, 2023 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Is this really something new? Start reminds me an awful lot of season 1. Or at least of what I remember of it.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.