Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This finale episode pretty much goes to show that no matter what the odds, humanity won't give in as Kaburagi and Natsume takes a stand against that monster Gadoll. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

Natsume has come such a long way since being introduced from the first episode. She not only got more experience but also more independent in her role with her partner. What an episode, they managed to capture the stake of the big fight with the fortress in that state. Natsume in that timeskip though. 8/10.
Sep 23, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
WOW...JUST WOW. Ready to call this my AOTS that's underrated.

From the epic moment of Kaburagi fusing into Kabu-Dence, and even if The System doesn't waver to Kaburagi (and Minato)'s call, he decides to do it anyways because it'll bring a better-ment to the world to finish off the big, giant Gadoll. Natsume plays a huge role in defining Kaburagi's action, the "push comes to shove" action of believing that whatever you do, it is for the now and forever.

And with it, a new dawn for Deca-Dence, a rich and vibrant city that's populated by both the cyborg avatars and humans, both bugs and humans living coherently together in harmony.

Kaburagi's sacrifice ain't for nothing, and Natsume in her long hair after 3 years gets to see him come back as his former self (which NGL is kinda predictable).

Absolute greatness of an ending, and I've never wished better for this to conclude in an oh-so-satisfying way that I'll never forget.

"The world truly NEEDS bugs." And the result is what we got for a perfect ending!
KANLen09Sep 23, 2020 9:07 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Natsume looks really good 3 years later... well the final was great but kinda predictable... but overall it's definitely a worth original anime, especially thanks to its incredible world-building.
Sep 23, 2020 8:10 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
They managed to stick the landing in a fast pace anime original show, I am satisfied.
Sep 23, 2020 8:17 AM
Feb 2011
Can't get over the amount of potential they wasted in this anime. All the original ideas it had, but still cliche character tropes.
Sep 23, 2020 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
All I can say is this: I am not crying, you are </3
I really enjoyed this anime and will most likely watch it again in the future. My only regret is that they didn't show much of Natsu's interaction with Kabu at the end, though I can't really say that the end wasn't satisfying.
I still wanna cry though ;w;
Sep 23, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
I got so emotional when Kabu died and then came back in the last few seconds, almost cried.
This one could have easily been a 24 episodes series, so frustrating. Would have died to see another cour after the timeskip, it looked so interesting the new city.
Also damn that twist. Didn’t expect the system to be actually created to save humanity.

Great end to a greater series

9/10
XenocrisiSep 23, 2020 8:28 AM
Sep 23, 2020 8:28 AM
Dec 2018
ShibitoMatuzaka said:
Can't get over the amount of potential they wasted in this anime. All the original ideas it had, but still cliche character tropes.

I'd say that's what makes it special though. There's some cliches, but look under the surface and there's a lot more to it. Like how the narrative of living in an absurd world progresses from episode 5 to 6 to 7 was absolutely fantastic, but on the surface it was some pretty digestible cliche episodes like a prison break.
Sep 23, 2020 8:30 AM
Dec 2018
With the final episode now being out, I can for sure confirm Deca-Dence is my favourite anime ever. What an awesome series:)

Looking forward to a potential OVA or something of the updated world if that becomes a thing
Sep 23, 2020 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty exciting finale and I liked the outcome of the battle. The cyborgs and humans/Tankers are now living side by side and lol Deca Dence became a city.

Natsume has grown into a beautiful young lady. Also really glad that Jil managed to get Kabu back using the back up but lol it took her 3 years to realise that she had a backup and even then it was all thnx to Minato.

Kinda conflicted on how much I should score this anime tbh. The concept and world building itself was really unique and I still remember just how much impactful the twist in episode 2 was but sadly the way everything else was executed was pretty cliched.
Sep 23, 2020 8:47 AM

Jan 2016
Such an unforgettable series.

I'm happy how the story developed and the reunion at the end was so wholesome!

10/10
Sep 23, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2019
Why is someone cutting onions in my room at 11am? What a great way to end the series. Very satisfactory ending, everyone’s character arcs came full circle and the humans can finally live in peace, free from the system. Ending implies Kabu somehow survived too, so he and Natsume can get their happy ending :)

Last week I was thinking we’d need a season 2, but after this week’s ep, I’m confident it wrapped everything up. My only regret is how slept on this show was due to airing at the same time as Re:Zero. If you’re considering watching it, please do!
Sep 23, 2020 8:55 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
What an anime!
It was a great ending I also love the fact that it was an original anime. I think the way the anime ended was perfect I for sure got teary eyed
Sep 23, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Great finale. Ngl, this one was the surprise of the season for me.

The cyborgs and humans living together in peace was nice to see. And the twist about how Deca-Dence was created to prevent the same disaster that happened in the past was great.

Kurenai has fans amongst the cyborgs lol.

The ending with Natsume and Kaburagi was great. Natsume looks good with her long hair.

Sep 23, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good and satisfying ending , good to know that in the end cyborgs and tankers were able to live together , got a bit sad
Sep 23, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
what a great final

9/10 for this unique hidden gem anime

Sep 23, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2020
Couldn't help but feel like this seriously should have been better with 24 episodes. For me, it failed me to care about character except Kaburagi. Still a decent original show 6/10
Sep 23, 2020 9:10 AM
Dec 2019
I'm extremely happy that I saw a write-up somewhere that the second episode had a twist because based solely on the first episode I would not have bothered to keep watching this show.

It's heartening to see that there are still quality anime original series out there and I personally am glad it was just 12 episodes. I don't think there was anything that needed to be added and 12 extra episodes would have come with a lot of bloat. Deca-dence was a simple straightforward story that didn't trip over itself and that's a huge accomplishment in anime these days.
Sep 23, 2020 9:13 AM
Apr 2016
What an awesome anime and what an amazing ending. This was so good! Almost teared up at the end there. Natsume all grown up😭😤. Man I'm going to miss this.
Sep 23, 2020 9:13 AM

Jun 2020
Good show, but I do feel things played out a bit too predictably at the end. This last episode just felt like a lot of clichés packed into one episode. So in the end, it was a good story (high praise for an original) but I feel the execution of the characters as well as the tropes were detrimental to my enjoyment. I didn't really feel as emotional as I think I was supposed to feel after watching this. But it's definitely not something I regret watching. The uniqueness of the premise as well as the message the show tries to convey cannot be taken away from it.

Gonna be a 6/10 from me

P.S. - Natsume looks really good with longer hair that's for sure
spectrojanSep 23, 2020 9:16 AM
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 23, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2020
Cliches ain't a bad thing, or tropes either, for that fact. When used well, as in Deca-Dence this final episode, they cohesively tie up this great story in a neat manner. Enjoyed the timeskip for sure.
Sep 23, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 2015
Should be at least one episode longer, but Deca-Dence already shows that original story anime still have a bright future.

Kabu walking at the end seems strange, is he reincarnate as human shape robot instead of robot shape robot?
Sep 23, 2020 9:26 AM
Jun 2016
This gem is deep 10/10.
Sep 23, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
Well it wasn't a masterpiece, but it was not bad either. I feel like it did a good job for an original, though the ending felt a little bit too fast and kinda forced, all good besides that.
Sep 23, 2020 9:28 AM
Dec 2017
phantomfandom said:
Should be at least one episode longer, but Deca-Dence already shows that original story anime still have a bright future.

Kabu walking at the end seems strange, is he reincarnate as human shape robot instead of robot shape robot?

Guess it's not really important, after all he's only a copy, not original Kaburagi.
Sep 23, 2020 9:38 AM

Feb 2020
Man...This is so good!!Nice ending, probably one of my favourite original anime series 8/10.
Sep 23, 2020 9:43 AM

Jul 2020
For some odd reason, it feels like this anime was playing its executions and themes "safe". I'm gonna have to give it a 6 for me. It had a great premise and story, but execution falls down here...
NewYearSameMeSep 23, 2020 4:58 PM
Sep 23, 2020 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
weak ending but great anime overall

so they have a backup copy of Kaburagi eh and the real original Kaburagi is now dead

the system is constantly updated according to the system itself ye no shit a good system should be flexible anyway just like plans should be flexible too

is Kaburagi x Natsume the endgame there seeing that Natsume is now a grown woman (she pass the age of consent) lol but nah i imagine Kaburagi will go for Kurenai more
Sep 23, 2020 9:51 AM
Mar 2019
I don't give a shit to what other people may say. I just know a lot of the pacing could be better if it was longer but nonetheless I am so happy I gave Deca-Dence my time. I cried multiple times in this episode for ALL that has happened, I would watch this show over and over until who knows when I'd touch my actual PTW list which I probably wouldn't.

10/10.

Sep 23, 2020 10:01 AM
Mar 2019
matching icons for u and ur shocked former commander
decayedangelsSep 23, 2020 10:35 AM
Sep 23, 2020 10:08 AM
May 2016
Great finale. Nice 3 year time jump at the end. This was such an unexpected surprise and so fun. I really enjoyed it.
Sep 23, 2020 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
That's a very very conservative ending... Kinda wanted a bit more considering this show's premise, but I guess it's better than a shit ending like so many other shows... 8/10.
Sep 23, 2020 10:10 AM
Sep 2015
Sondfer said:
phantomfandom said:

Guess it's not really important, after all he's only a copy, not original Kaburagi.

well, it's digital, original and copy have exactly the same properties. Except that this new Kaburagi is not the latest version though.
Sep 23, 2020 10:11 AM
Feb 2019
I LOVED IT !
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤....
Sep 23, 2020 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Nice ending. 8/10.
Would have loved to see a slower pacing and a 2-cour show with them fighting the system and the guys in the ship.

But for 1-cour this was the best they could do.
Sep 23, 2020 10:14 AM
Mar 2019
its a anime original. For me its a 9,5/10 a very good serie

i swear have some ovas to know more. or a continuation
Sep 23, 2020 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Everything ended nicely and happily after the big final battle and everything they went through. I already had a feeling Kabu wouldn't actually remain dead, so him coming back was pretty predictable. I would have liked to see a final interaction between him and Natsume but oh well. Overall this was a pretty decent show, and something I'll certainly revisit in the future.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 23, 2020 10:30 AM

May 2019
"The world needs bugs"

What an awesome quote.

This anime had its ups and downs and I can't really say I enjoyed the final "fight". But still, the ending was satisfying and I think I'll name this anime as my AOTS. Overall, it was a unique and sometimes confusing anime that I enjoyed. 7/10 or 8/10. I can't really decide...

Natsume after time skip was exceptionally pretty.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 23, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2009
There was nothing groundbraking here, but it wqs really well-done. They mixed a lot of tropes in s solid fast-pased series that actully did not left any serious loose ends. Good job!
Sep 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
And so... Deca Dence is over!!

Really good ffinale, leaving us with a feeling of happines (maybe?)
This one is probable the most underrated series of the year (and also the most hyped before it´s premiere) and clearly everyone was expecting something completely different to final result but I cant say that has been a mess (just like most of pepople say at the beginning)

It´s a pretty good series, with a great world Building and lot of risk in it´s plot, teachign us that we realy need bugs existence...

has been a pleassure watch this series and comment it with all of you..

7.5/10
Sep 23, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2018
Good ending. Definitely an enjoyable anime. I wish there will be season 2.

6/10
Sep 23, 2020 10:45 AM

Mar 2020
Even though at the beginning, I was turned off by that twist of cyborgs, I kept going on, and suffice to say, I am not disappointed. In fact, this might be one of my favorite shows of this season! I enjoyed it. And it has had a satisfying ending.
Sep 23, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2018
ShibitoMatuzaka said:

I agree. It feels something more could have been done but overall a good anime.
Sep 23, 2020 10:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, what a turnaround this has been for me! Episode 2 got me so riled up and drowned in negativity but slowly and steadily, my impression went from 0 to a 100. Great final episode to end this positive ascend, to boot!

Enthralling Animation, Sound Department and some of the nice little Comedic relief moments were fantastic, albeit the cliche developments. It's basically cliche done well, lol.

Definitely didn't expect Kaburagi-san to pass away like that, though. Last breath of life after listening out to her, I thought that was it. But I'm so glad my Natsume (and Kurenai-san xD) can finally have her happiness now. Damn, she looked really pretty with that new look though, I must say. Definitely my Waifu of the season sharing the top spot with Chizuru from Kanojo, Okarishimasu. Gold facial reactions, lmao.

Really liked Jill & Donatello's moments too, I'm going to miss this... Lol, a little surprised that we didn't see Hugin getting beat this episode though. I thought for sure that was coming. And Natsume's classmates xD, totally botched sadly.

All in all, it was certainly an interesting and original setting and plot. 2-cours, or rather a cour and a half, could've surely fixed a few of my narrative gripes but the fast-paced story has its own charms I guess.

Studio Nut has yet to disappoint me, as things stand, and I'm certainly looking to seeing what they'll get their on hands next!

God, the Op and ED though. So bloody going to miss them! Love them both immensely.

Going to settle with a fairly generous 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2020 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
well, as much as i hate to admit, i seriously wanted to drop it on episode 2 for obvious reasons, but i decided i wanted to watch more cause i liked the 1st episode...
after awhile, the cyborg thing didn't bother me anymore, and it ended up being a very fun anime :D

Natsume is easily one of my favorite characters of the season (the main reason i kept watching), and ofc Kabu, Kurenai, Donatello and Jill were also interesting

it looked like a real end, i wonder if they plan on doing more, i would gladly watch some more , 8/10 :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 23, 2020 11:00 AM
Jul 2020
For a 12 episode original anime, it did really well in world-building. Ending was predictable but satisfying. I think the only thing that bugs me is how the humans accepted that robots were basically controlling their entire lives. The timeskip justifies the peaceful ending I guess. A lot of questions that need to be answered in another season. What does the system do from here? Are other cyborgs going to use avatars? What about the rest of the world? Can't wait.
Sep 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
structure vs agency, the free will of a bug can change the system

degSep 23, 2020 12:53 PM
Sep 23, 2020 12:12 PM
Apr 2016
lame ending, shonen cliche crap, what a disapointment for such an original anime.

May 2018
Ok, this was a bit like Brazil's (the 1985 movie) "Love conquers all" edit (yeah, everybody hated this version).
The funniest thing - they turned the game into FarmVille.
alshuSep 23, 2020 12:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think a lot of anime directors/writers could sit down and watch this last episode. That's how you do an ending people
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2020

78 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2020

123 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

126 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

112 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

137 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.