Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more of Azami's past...

However, the main event between Souma and Asahi heats up as both sides demonstrates their skills in this maga battle. Honestly, I think both competitors proved themselves a lot to the world. And from their skills, they really evolved with how they manage to capture the audience's attention at the fullest.
Stark700Sep 18, 2020 11:04 AM
Sep 18, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
This is an amazing episode. I know the results of Saiba and Yukihira's match were extraordinary but it seems like Erina and Yukihira's match caught my eye more. Several scenes of Erina's childhood are also shown here, finally we know the reason why Yukihira, Aldini, and their friends are at Totsuki Gakuen.

Ed is Nakiri's family ver?

looks like it's only up to 13 episodes.

https://twitter.com/shokugeki_anime/status/1306988090502737922?s=19

SyureriaSep 18, 2020 9:10 AM
Sep 18, 2020 10:09 AM
Oct 2019
manga readers be like please be an original ending , they may add an original scene but whole episode original i am not sure but i could be wrong
Sep 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Another great episode, loved the parallels between Erina’s father and Asahi. Got goosebumps when Joichiro said he’d always be Asahi’s father in cooking. I really enjoyed this one and am going to be really sad to see the whole series end next week. :((

We also got confirmation on Twitter that the ending will be different from the manga
Sep 18, 2020 10:16 AM

May 2012
i wonder who will win, can anyone spoiler please? erina or souma?
Sep 18, 2020 10:17 AM
Mar 2019
only 13 episodes. i swear do the extra dessert plates
Sep 18, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Aw this was a good episode. Yukihira wins, obviously.

Really hoped Yukihira would've said "Today's the day I'll make you say delicious!" at the end of this episode.
Sep 18, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
suzumya said:

(if you really want to know)
Sep 18, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
Dang. They did an awesome job on this episode. I am looking forward to the series finale. After that I hope there will be an OVA or an episode that will be showing more. I will not say anything here. Y'all gonna have to wait! XD
Sep 18, 2020 10:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Asahi x Erina is kinda incestuous xD
Well seems to be pretty good settings for the final ep, they really need to innovate with an original dish, I'm convinced and looking forward to seeing the next ep, hope the ending will not be disappointing.
Sep 18, 2020 10:26 AM
Mar 2019
Syureria said:
This is an amazing episode. I know the results of Saiba and Yukihira's match were extraordinary but it seems like Erina and Yukihira's match caught my eye more. Several scenes of Erina's childhood are also shown here, finally we know the reason why Yukihira, Aldini, and their friends are at Totsuki Gakuen.

Ed is Nakiri's family ver?

looks like it's only up to 13 episodes.

https://twitter.com/shokugeki_anime/status/1306988090502737922?s=19

Its a pitty. i want more episodes of the extra caps of desserts

and i need info of future of the characters
Sep 18, 2020 10:29 AM
Sep 2015
Too fast, just too fast.
Sep 18, 2020 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
Ayy Souma beat Asahi Saiba's ass hehe.

Finally the legendary shokugeki begins. A final shokugeki of this series and it"s gonna be Erina vs Soma, whew I'm getting chills.

Just one more episode to go, hopefully the anime will have a better ending than the manga.
Sep 18, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
Souma beat Asahi in the end.

It was nice of Jouichirou considering himself as a dad of Asahi when it comes to cooking.

The series finale next week. Ngl, I'm going to miss this.

Sep 18, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2013
Well, Asahi is out of the game (with a change of heart) and the final match will be Souma vs Erina. Independently of the result, I wonder how they are going to end the series. Are they going to adapt the epilogue chapters, going for an original ending, or just end the anime with the ending of the manga? Either way I hope they get to end the anime on a good note at the very least.

Asahi being Azami's son was one hell of a plot twist, but tbh, if you look them close enough, they are almost identical. Which means Asahi was about to commit half-incest without realizing it lol.
The interactions between Azami and Mana were funny ngl.
Sep 18, 2020 10:53 AM

Jun 2019
Souma won against Asahi. Next week, we'll have the last episode which will decide who would win? Erina or Souma.
Sep 18, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2020
AHHHHH STOP MAKING MY FEEL GUILTY AND SYMPATHIZE WITH ANTAGONISTS AGHSGHSGHSG
Sep 18, 2020 11:22 AM

May 2016
So it was all a plan to save Nakiri family haha, it sure changed the fates of a lot of them.
I really do hope Souma can win this, I do want for Erina to surprise her mother and save her from that issue, but still doesn't mean I want Souma to lose again to her.

gonna miss this show dearly Summer 2016 when S2 was airing I started watching it and my God I enjoyed S2 so much, I still can't forget the joy I got from watching it after a long work out session in the gym.
Sep 18, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2020
suzumya said:

According to twitter the ending will be different than the manga, but they weren't really specific.

In the manga this is who wins though:
Sep 18, 2020 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Does anyone know the name of the ost before the ending begins?
Sep 18, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 2018
MaDmAnI said:
Endi_Demneri said:
Does anyone know the name of the ost before the ending begins?

Snow Drop – nano.RIPE
Is the ending of season two.

Not that one, the soundtrack just before the ending.
Sep 18, 2020 12:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Excluding the first few minutes of the episode which was clearly just to get the results of the matchup out of the way, the remaining portion wasn't bad at all.

Generation of Prodigies, the full picture is now out! And it's questionable to say the least but if there's anything that was proven this season it's that anything goes in this series, lol. Alice's reaction to her father's random gibberish out of the blue though, couldn't help but chuckle really hard there.

Mana-san and Azami-san's backstories too, and what a treat that was! Possibly my favourite moment of the episode, in fact. It was really sweet to see their interactions, and really reminded me of Souma and Erina in a way. No "delicious" from Mana-san and likewise from Erina but here's to hoping we'll see amends to that next episode.

What on Earth are Mimasaka, Hayama & Ryo up to, by the way?

Asahi's resemblance to Azami-san followed by Joichirou's encouragement was nice to see but it was kind of odd seeing how quickly he managed to grab hold of himself and trudge off. Just didn't feel right, honestly.

But, this is now the past. Next episode serving as the conclusion to the entire series (lol @ the next episode preview there, poor Souma lost the initiative) and that's going to be the focus for the week. Can the anime team pull off a better job than the manga counterpart, let's see...

@Endi_Demneri Pretty sure it's a new track so we'll have to wait for the OST sets to officially come out.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 18, 2020 1:00 PM

Oct 2018
I love how they put the flashback of every single Totsuki chef and the Soma & Erina journey in the episode.

the anime is 1000000000% better than the manga.
And this rating is so unjust.
at least they put some efforts for modifying it.
Sep 18, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
So awesome!! A lot of the threads and character stories running throughout the entire series are finally being woven together. Epic episode and cant wait for the show down I guess we've been building upto since first series. Although I do wonder if the cross knifes guy is related to erinas dad some how. I'd never thought about it until this episode but they both do look rather pale! Just saying. lets hope its not true cause his interest in Erina would be a little too much :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 18, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
So, why does Saiba Ashai wants to marry Erina????Is it because that he wants to beat Joichio all the way that it goes way beyond that instead of getting a woman who is bad a t cooking he decides to get the best and it's Erina or is he related to Erina that he has this incestuous thing going for her ......

Well, Souma is done with Saiba and now it's him Vs Erina and it looks like somebody may have just spoiled the out come from the manga.
Sep 18, 2020 3:06 PM

Jan 2018
Man it's hard to believe that the next episode will be the last one of the series.
Sep 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
Asahi got F*cking trashed by Mana... Thank god that eyesore is gone now!

I love the more backstory on Azami and Mana on how their relationship started.

I am quite surprised about this Generation of Prodigies, to think Erina's grandfather did all this to improve Erina's cooking to the maximum. It was all set up from the start, just as planned! Erina has a great grandfather!

Erina vs Souma next week and the series conclusion, can't wait!

Marinate1016 said:
We also got confirmation on Twitter that the ending will be different from the manga

Now I can't wait to see/hear what changes they will have made to make the Anime ending better than the Manga. Eventho I don't know how the Manga ends, I do feel like they do care about the fans of the series, who might or might not have been disappointed with the Manga's ending.
Sep 18, 2020 4:04 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, Soma winning was expected but also very satisfying to watch.

What Asahi really desired was family? Something to fill the void deep down and make him passionate again. Nice parallel between him and Asami.

ED of Ni no Sara insert was great. Made me reminisce and smile.

It all comes down to Erina vs Soma, sounds like the former got off on the wrong foot because of feeling obligated to create something 'new'. I think she'll shake it off and make something special and to be honest I want Erina want to win.

Didn't know this was supposed to have a changed ending, curious what they'll change. I haven't read the manga but I suppose I'll just read the last few chapter to get a handle on what's different.
Sep 18, 2020 4:13 PM
Jan 2017
Well, when i read the manga, i thought a series couldnt suck so bad but it did..so horribly written story, the villian sucks so bad and they try to make him a good character who has change of heart and yes! he has horrible past, so all of his actions are forgiven and some of them were illegal.
As for the anime, it didnt do any good, i was constantly on the edge, they manage to annoy me every episode and totally killed my excitement even for the match this episode...In other words, this season sucks so hard, at least for me.
Sep 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
Ah so they moved the Azami/Mana backstory to this episode. Damn they really cut out pretty much all of the information regarding the truth about Asahi lol.

The outcome of Souma vs. Asahi was obvious, now we get the final showdown between Souma and Erina. So they plan to change the ending? I'm interested in how that will play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2020 5:08 PM

Dec 2016
I can see Saiba lacks the most important thing about being a chef and it's not just power! At least he admited defeat, which I don't think it was easy for him XD I'm very happy to see Souma pass to the grand finale, but never expected to see Erina give him the cold shoulder and acting like he doesn't exist, ouch >_< well, I did kinda expected a little, but maybe not like this >_>

Souma is giving Erina a little push while in her breaking point, which is nice :) Now the real question is: Who's gonna win? Can't wait to find out!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 18, 2020 6:08 PM

Apr 2007
At least they picked the best Shokugeki nano.ripe song for an insert :) I enjoyed hearing it again
Sep 18, 2020 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Yukihira destroyed Saiba Asahi, now i guess it's his turn to turn to the good side after Erina's father, lmao i love how everyone is connected to Souma's father.

Whan an own from Souma, damnnnnnn, my boy has grown up!

A lot of backstory development in a single episode, we found so much about almost everyone, now i am ready for the last episode.

Tbh Erina's attitude bothered me a little, like if Saiba won then he could be the one who will save her mother because he is the best, now Souma owned him and she suddenly believes that she can beat Souma, lmao

But i do guess they have to create some drama xD
Still a great episode, it has been a long time since Shoukugeki has left me so hyped for 2 episodes straight!

I do wonder if this is the last season because it seems like it.

Btw loved how they started the flashback with the first dish that Souma made to Erina, tbh i am hoping that he will make an even better version of that just to show Erina. That would be 10/10

Go Nº1!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2020 7:16 PM

Jul 2017
well I did like to see the reasoning why Yukihira won in the first place, nice to see that it wasn't just some lame asspull

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
So, why does Saiba Ashai wants to marry Erina????Is it because that he wants to beat Joichio all the way that it goes way beyond that instead of getting a woman who is bad a t cooking he decides to get the best and it's Erina or is he related to Erina that he has this incestuous thing going for her ......

Well, Souma is done with Saiba and now it's him Vs Erina and it looks like somebody may have just spoiled the out come from the manga.

I think it's because Asahi wanted to find that woman that would "ignite his passion for cooking" similar to Joichiro and Erina just so happened to be that girl?

or it could just be incest is wincest
Sep 18, 2020 8:13 PM

Jul 2014
That was another good episode.

Of course we went beyond the gifting and now we have a combo with the bursting xD. We have to enjoy these last moments of fanservice. Btw, Rantabi... Best Girl!

Even though I hated Asahi and his Noir, I liked their send-off, it was nice. And I also liked Joichiro's words to him.

Asami and Mana's flashback was pretty nice, I really liked it. So, Asashi is Asami's son? lol.

I liked how this generation of prodigies is connected to Erina as a grandfather's plan to help his family. That was unexpected.

While this series has had its ups and downs, I fell in love with its first season and since then it has been a part of my life and has a special place in my heart. I pray for a good ending.
Sep 18, 2020 8:47 PM
Jun 2020
Short_Circut said:
well I did like to see the reasoning why Yukihira won in the first place, nice to see that it wasn't just some lame asspull

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

I think it's because Asahi wanted to find that woman that would "ignite his passion for cooking" similar to Joichiro and Erina just so happened to be that girl?

or it could just be incest is wincest

It's because he is empty inside and Joichiro says that he found passion by finding someone to devote his cooking to and Erina has the God Tongue so she was the best candidate and I don't think he understands what 'love' is either.
Sep 19, 2020 12:19 AM

Aug 2020
Okay so this episode singlehandedly saved S5 (for me at least). Im glad I didn't drop it. Im actually hyped now. and also, baby erina saying that breast milk lac depth was the best! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiQlFGFU4AAZjMh?format=jpg&name=large
Sep 19, 2020 12:33 AM

Aug 2020
Endi_Demneri said:
MaDmAnI said:

Snow Drop – nano.RIPE

I think its the soft piano ver. of the ed which is Crossing Road by nano.ripe
Sep 19, 2020 3:11 AM
Dec 2019
if Soma doesn't beat Erina and we get an anime only ending. I am going to smash my PC with a sledgehammer. I won't feel ANY satisfaction if Erina wins, J.C Staff don't fail me now.
Sep 19, 2020 3:43 AM
Sep 2018
insane insane episode
Sep 19, 2020 4:24 AM
May 2014
They already moved some things earlier with Mana figuring out Azami was the father just by tasting the food instead of having an investigation done on his background after Blue. They also moved Soma's mom's background to earlier instead of Joichiro explaining it to Erina later. Wonder how else anime will differ in the ending. Maybe Soma will actually have a dish shown in the anime.
Sep 19, 2020 5:10 AM
Sep 2020
Im 100 % sure they will introduce le dessert.
Sep 19, 2020 5:15 AM
Sep 2020

I have a feeling that Soma will marry Erina as she is the one who "ignited his passion for cooking " even more
Sep 19, 2020 5:23 AM

May 2015
Wow that is some anticlimating ending for sahi
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 19, 2020 7:56 AM

Mar 2018
The callback part with S2's ED, 'Snowdrop', was needed, and well-put. Such additions, albeit minor, made this season at least watchable compared to the manga.

Heard the ending will be changed next episode. I don't think Le Dessert will fit in just one episode so they'll probably skip it and end it at BLUE while making Soma the winner.

Rain or shine, next week will be the final episode. 5 years. 5 whole years I've followed this series since it started airing. Read the manga after S1. It was a bumpy ride when Azami was introduced and the last arc is a total trainwreck but now, I can't help but feel all of it are nostalgic.

Sep 19, 2020 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Endi_Demneri said:
MaDmAnI said:

Snow Drop – nano.RIPE

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWgmZ3zN8g
Sep 19, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2017
Ahhh the hype.I can't seriously wait to see the last episode.Seems promising
خ
Sep 19, 2020 2:56 PM
Jan 2018
_NTx said:
Endi_Demneri said:

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWgmZ3zN8g

Thank you very much
Sep 19, 2020 3:51 PM

May 2019
I loved this episode solely for Grandad's plot twist.

One more episode, guys. We can do this!
Sep 19, 2020 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Just like that cross knives is beaten. Saiba Asahi is just another come-and-go villain. But I like how he lost, basically what Soma said in the previous episode, it's because he's never tasted defeat before. And now he did. Anyway, I remember someone said that in the manga Asahi is Erina's half-brother. How ridiculous is that, good thing that unnecessary bs was not adapted.

Also, another useful info about these god tongue bitches, apparently they can do this bursting thing and they can sense the emotions of the chef who made their food? Ok. Soma's winning this thing then cause there's no way Erina got motivated by him telling her what she's cooking tastes boring.

Lastly, I always thought some of Totsuki's students were scouted to enroll to their school, turns out these batch of students are a special case.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

71 by aod-kun »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.