Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A whooping 58 pages for the finale, the colour spread was dope.

Ofc betrayal as soon as his work is done lol.

Welp Macy joins the team too, now this will be more amusing.

Also woah a hug from Noelle. That took me by surprise but it was sweet.

Looking forward to season 2.
MegamiRemSep 13, 2020 10:23 AM
Sep 13, 2020 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
That Marchen or whatever is like a legendary creature. In Season 2, I hope we find out even more about them.

Noel didn't hold back with her embrace :o
Sep 13, 2020 9:12 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
What a random hug. We already have some glimpses of what will come in "season 2" of the manga. For a legendary creature, Cinderella sure fell anticlimactically.

When Balgo got his pipe sword thingy I was like "hey, is that a Bleach reference?!", but in the end we didn't see much of it.

I can't wait for the rest of Kubo's new story.
Sep 13, 2020 9:19 AM

Nov 2015
Definitely looking forward to the Season 2 of this manga.

The introduction of the Marchens were an interesting add to the story and how Balgo would play a major role in their extermination.

The hug between Noel and Balgo was so precious!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2020 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
I think this first season was a solid 7 or 7.5/10. Great art, interesting characters, world and concepts, but not quite enough to give it a very good or great rating. Definitely felt like a teaser of what’s to come and I’m looking forward to exploring this world more. The marchen, dark dragons and magic are all really cool. Lucky hug at the end there too.
Sep 13, 2020 9:43 AM
Sep 2017
This chapter really made me excited for future chapters with the plot threads they introduced this chapter. Kubo's art was beautiful as usual, especially the double page panels. And... a random hug from Noelle.
Sep 13, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
Cinderella looked majestic. But Billy taking it down was the most impressive thing so far in this manga. He must be secretly OP.

That hug from Noel. That came out of nowhere.

Good thing this is not the end of this series. Looking forward to part 2.

Sep 13, 2020 9:52 AM
Apr 2014
6 marchen to go, should be interesting
Sep 13, 2020 9:54 AM
Nov 2019
I'm glad that a "second season" was announced for this - the last chapter was the one that finally got me invested big time in this world.
Sep 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2015
Ok, Billy is the Urahara of BtW. Funny and quirky, but secretly very OP. I mean, the dude took out a legendary dragon with a finger from like a mile away, while 3 witches/wizzard (1 of them being a Captain or however they are called, can't remember rn) couldn't even scratch the thing.

Also, a nice throwback with the "Aren't fairy tales just full of it?" line. Honestly, this season would have needed a bit more chapters IMO, the plot feels very fast-paced and the fight with the Marchen is kinda anti-climatic.

Anyway, can't wait for S2 and I hope it would have much more than 4 chapters.
Sep 13, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2020
I did not expect it to be Billy.

Loved that Wholesome hug from Noelle
--AbiSa--
Sep 13, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
The ending was a bit weird for me, but I guess it's okay. I loved the battle with Cindrella and am hoping to enjoy it further in the movie adaption.

Looking forward to season 2.
Sep 13, 2020 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
weird seeing this "season 2" thing in a non-webtoon environment. i could get behind it being an end to an arc, but this way it seems a little weird
Sep 13, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2019
I like this manga. Now I can't wait!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 13, 2020 11:06 AM

Feb 2012
There was way too much plot points thrown into this chapter. The pacing would have been better served is some of it was revealed earlier or not at all. It felt like the author started the story as if it was going to be a long running manga even though this was always known to be a limited series.

The good news is that this story has enough good stuff in it that I'm still excited to see this continue in the next season.
Sep 13, 2020 11:46 AM
Nov 2017
I excited of this new serialization after chapter 4
Sep 13, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2020
Glad this will get a season 2. To the chapter - it was a satisfying conclusion. So Noel and Bargo may be a thing? She does care for him for sure. The way Cinderella was shot down was pretty funny.
Sep 13, 2020 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
God this series has been boring.
Sep 13, 2020 1:38 PM
Jul 2014
Best chapter so far. I hope now that Kubo has packed in a lot of the world building into these 4 chapters, he'll be able to focus more on the other characters. This has felt more like a prologue than anything else, which is fine. I'm just glad we're actually getting more, though I wonder if Season 2 of the manga is also going to be 4 chapters.
Sep 13, 2020 2:53 PM

Dec 2016
Wanted poster for Balgo's head was lifted so Noel relieved that she don't need to see her friend dying decided to hug him
Everyone: What a random hug.

I think story needed like more chapters or (like I said in previous discussion) about 100 page chapter, but overall story was good.
Good setup, interesting characters and goal for season two or maybe each session will be focused on one legendary dragon?
Definitely seasonal option would help make more "condensed" story and author wouldn't be forced to work in weekly format with potentially unpredictable hiatuses.

about Balgo and Noel:
As the old Polish proverb says "I ship them".
Nieznajomy43Sep 13, 2020 2:57 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 13, 2020 2:53 PM

Feb 2015
Kubo seems to have crammed 20 chapters into 5 longish ones or 1 volume.

I hoped the story would have a little more time to breathe, but it looks like Kubo is trying to create a world as big as Bleach with this manga, filled with lore, characters and stories, but at the same time, doesn't want to spend years and years drawing it, so he's packing as much as he can on the page, because of that the manga feels very rushed and is full of expository dialogue.

Cinderella here might be like the Gillian in the beginning of Bleach, a big threat that later on we discover that isn't that big of a deal.
SteelingMaxSep 13, 2020 8:37 PM

Sep 13, 2020 3:24 PM

Mar 2015
definitely need more expand. feels too rushed.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 13, 2020 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
lots of Kido i mean magic summoning spells gong on

and so the main enemies are this legendary dragons call Marchens eh

Balgo can attract those Marchens so he is being kept alive as a bait

it would have been cool to see Balgo use that magic sword though
Balgo seems your typical weak character that has hidden superpowers all along

and Noel x Balgo happened eh nice one
Sep 13, 2020 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
Gotta say, this was a pretty awesome chapter. A s2 is definitely needed, so I'm stoked for that.
Sep 14, 2020 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
40% of this so far was infodump without much substance, very strange to call it season one or whatever.
The best thing was Noel's deadpan personality but hardly worth to rate up the entire manga just because of it.
Sep 14, 2020 7:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That was one hell of a finale with so many new characters. Looking forward to seeing more work from Kubo-sensei in Season 2.
Sep 14, 2020 9:06 AM

May 2012
I must say, I loved it. That was atmospheric, grand, surprising, epic, just insane but somehow down to earth beautiful. The concept of the Märchen is great and I loved Cinderella's terrifying presence, but it's really sad how Elly clearly loved Macy and screamed after her, only for it to end like this where Elly wouldn't even recognize her anymore.

So the Patchworks division guy who was never shown out of the Top of Horns took Elly's corpse and it seems there's a grander goal regarding the Märchen.

I must say with Macy, Bruno, Ninny, Noel, Balgo, Wolfgang, Roy B, Sullivan, Harry Shayk, Billy Banks Jr., and the rest, this series had straight up top notch character designs off the walls, and the characters themselves just pop off surpisingly well and are fun to follow.
k11chiSep 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 14, 2020 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
That cover image is amazing, Kubo really knows how to display their characters in a stylized manner. Love in particularly Cquntnire Milieve outfit :>
I liked how main 7 dragons are named Märchens (another german name I see) and subsequently each have popular fairy tail names. Great consept and I loved the design for Cinderella (her revelation and transformation with the moon light made amazing panels). Speaking of amazing panels and visuals, Bruno being able to do summon and spells using spraycans as well as how they look like something you would find on walls of streats is trully genious and ties well with his character design.
Other than that I liked how the dialogue that was stated in the beginning was related to this situation and worked as a wake-up call for Macy, living a fantasy to try to escape reality and thinking you are special for it is not healty. And like I suspected Banx helped them out and proven that he is someone quite powerfull, seemingly the son of a hero of Reverse London.
Not really a fan of Balgo seemgly having all this hidden abilities and the story moving along because of him, but I guess is a okay as a starting point. Adictially I think Cinderalla was taken out way to early, but ehh cant conplain much.
Loved this first season, in terms of characters, artsyle, world building and such I am sold on it. Hope the story don't deviate too much from what we seen thus far and we get more character interactions and something along those lines. Cant wait for seaosn 2.
Sep 14, 2020 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
Elly and macys end was disapointing.
Sep 14, 2020 11:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I really like the ideas behind Burn the Witch, I just think Kubo needs time to expand upon them. But now that season 2 has been announced, it may be safe to say that this could continue well into the future, giving Kubo time to fully realize this world and its characters.

I was worried that Balgo wasn't going to be used, but we finally got a hint of what he's capable of. It almost looks like Excalibur comes out of that horn. It got the attention of the legendary dragon, so there has to be more to it. Hoping he gets a kickass transformation with armor or something.

I can't help but think that Wing Bind may not be the "good guys" from what I could tell, Cinderella didn't necessarily feel evil. Could killing these legendary dragons be a mistake? And what about the Chief? He's apparently the son of a Hero?

Finally, really happy to see Noel actually showing she cares about Balgo. It helps give her character some depth.

Kubo has sewed quite a few seeds that could grow into really interesting plot points. Hopefully the success of BTW continues!
Sep 15, 2020 7:45 AM
Nov 2017
Loved every minute of this series.
Did Balgos snot and tears go into the horn to make that sword lol? I loved his expression when it happened.

I was really sad about ellie dying like that. I wanted her love for macy to overcome her nature, but I guess that would have gone against the intended message on fairy tales. Did anyone else realize macy was actually shown in the first chapter when Ninny gave the speech the first time? A reporter bumped into her. I love great foreshadoing like that.I don't think we've seen the last of Cinderella either. Im putting my money on animated corpse from a mad scientist at wing bind.

Loved that macy is gonna live with Ninny now lol. And loved the hug with Balgo and Noel. So cute
Sep 15, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2012
HecticHooligan said:
Loved every minute of this series.
Did Balgos snot and tears go into the horn to make that sword lol? I loved his expression when it happened.

I was really sad about ellie dying like that. I wanted her love for macy to overcome her nature, but I guess that would have gone against the intended message on fairy tales. Did anyone else realize macy was actually shown in the first chapter when Ninny gave the speech the first time? A reporter bumped into her. I love great foreshadoing like that.I don't think we've seen the last of Cinderella either. Im putting my money on animated corpse from a mad scientist at wing bind.

Loved that macy is gonna live with Ninny now lol. And loved the hug with Balgo and Noel. So cute

Yeah, and Macy said that Ellie loved eating fruits and vegetables, and if you pay attention when she bumped onto the dude in the first chapter she dropped a bag full of, you guessed it, fruits and vegetables.

Same can be said about the moment when Macy found Elly, if you pay close attention, Balgo was actually right next to her.
Sep 18, 2020 4:09 AM

Jun 2019
Noel with the hug.
The legendary dragon was super powerful. It was a good final.
Waiting for Season 2.
Dec 21, 2020 4:47 PM
Jun 2020
After reading the one shot and the "season 1" chapters, I'm pretty into this story. It's got two really cool and powerful female leads with some cool mystery behind Jr. (I always love a secretly powerful chief character). However, I have to say that Balgo ruins it completely. I am so tired of seeing absolute pervs in manga, the sexist jokes are not cool or funny. I was actually rooting for Balgo's extermination, and now I'm pretty upset he'll be a big character...also that hug from Noel was really cool moment BUT is totally ruined because Balgo isn't her friend but a stalker perv who she only knows because he tried to physically get her panties.
Jan 30, 2021 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
axed before it could even hatch into being.
Jan 30, 2021 5:02 AM

Oct 2017
HibiChika said:
axed before it could even hatch into being.
Axed?Lol wut. It's continuing soon with a second season.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1863712
Feb 4, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2020
I gave it a 6. I mean, I enjoyed reading it. I would've liked to have seen everything more fleshed out, but it was fine for a quick afternoon read.
Feb 4, 2021 7:04 PM

Oct 2017
DertyChewbacca said:
I gave it a 6. I mean, I enjoyed reading it. I would've liked to have seen everything more fleshed out, but it was fine for a quick afternoon read.
It's not over yet btw.
Feb 4, 2021 7:12 PM

Jun 2020
Yeah, I know, Season 2 is coming. I'll probably change my rating after.
Mar 22, 2021 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
pretty cool Kubo stuff - always liked his artstyle and disliked what he had to do to his previous work. Hope he takes all the time he needs to create something awesome! I'll definitely pick up s2 when it drops
Sep 28, 2022 2:57 PM
Jan 2020
End of vol 1, quite enjoyable, if next vol follows this structure I'm excited

More topics from this board

» Burn The Witch Season 2 Confirmed

FateXBlood - Sep 9, 2020

34 by Mikarin_Enjoyer »»
Feb 16, 6:09 AM

Poll: » Burn the Witch Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2020

20 by MrConnman123 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Burn the Witch Chapter 1 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 23, 2020

36 by omega_blue »»
Sep 28, 2022 2:36 PM

» Burn The Witch Continuation?

FateXBlood - Sep 9, 2020

6 by KursedArcana »»
Sep 13, 2020 3:03 PM

Poll: » Burn the Witch Chapter 3 Discussion

BunnyBunela - Sep 6, 2020

19 by Pre_Yum »»
Sep 13, 2020 7:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.