Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2020 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kosame is alive! That's good but he does end up in a hospital.

The scene with the tears in the rain though...that hit hard with Appare crying and letting his feelings out. Damn. This episode hits right in the feels.
Sep 11, 2020 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
I can review this episode in one word: Amazing!

Now let me review their relationship, which will be much longer:

Appare X Kosame (or the other way around) is pretty much confirmed, but they will die a century before gay marriage is allow in USA.

Dylan and TJ is more interesting, they used to be straight in front of their woman, but now that woman is gone, there's no one to prevent their relationship anymore...

Lyon is very smooth, as soon as Appare reject his hug, Lyon immediately shake hand with Seth.
Sep 11, 2020 7:39 AM
Jan 2019
The breaking of the fourth wall was incredible.
Sep 11, 2020 7:45 AM
May 2019
Probably the best episode for me so far. A really emotional ride that made me sad but also hype. Hopefully the race will really continue though. Only 2 episodes left and with defeating Gil there isn't really any time left to finish the race maybe...
Sep 11, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, that was a really deep episode. Now we're all gonna get payback on Gin.
Sep 11, 2020 8:18 AM
Jul 2013
oh yessss I'm so happy Kosame is alive, I knew they wouldn't do this shit after they so blatantly baited with that preview.

On another note, it looked like Dylan and TJ used to be very close. I was actually surprised, I thought their relationship has always been strain/tolerant of each other but the flashbacks were completely different damn.

Seeing Appare cry in the rain hit me hard. Tbh I'm glad that his emotional arc peaked with Kosame specifically. Nowadays, a lot of series just don't give satisfactory development to the relationship of their chars for the sake of plot but thankfully appare ranman was different lol also can't forget just how very shippable they are ngl.
Sep 11, 2020 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Ah yeah Kosame's still alive, whatever.

Good to see everyone back in business, specially Appare. He's more motivated than ever. Also TJ and Dylan's backstory was nice.
Sep 11, 2020 8:48 AM
Dec 2019
Wow, I don’t know how this series managed to get me 100% more invested within two episodes.
Sep 11, 2020 9:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode for the week!

Kosame turning out to be alive after all is .. expected that, honestly. Definitely not in the way it happened though. And by the looks of the next episode preview, he'll be back in action very soon as well. Mixed reception from me, to sum it up.

Appare's development from this incident followed by that hype ending is the take-away from this little arc though! It was really great, honestly. Kosame's pep talk as well, that was really sweet to see!

We still haven't uncovered the relationship between Al and Sofia but we got a nice little backstory from the two outlaws and the late Claudia.

Finally, versus Gil and the resumption of the fight. It's a little concerning that there's just a couple of episodes but hopefully it'll go well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 11, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
Man I’m so glad my boy’s alive. The preview for this ep and how last week ended was really worrisome. First time we’ve seen appare straight up break down bawling, reinforcing how important Kosame is to him.

Appare’s back with improved resolve, can’t wait for next week
Sep 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode. I'm really liking where this is going.
Too bad this show is underrated
Sep 11, 2020 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
Turns out praying to anime gods really does help.
Sep 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Mar 2017
So much heart in this episode and I found their determination and resolve very inspiring. Especially loved Kosame's speech to Appare and Appare's speech to the other drivers.

It was so sad seeing Appare breakdown; he's not very good with emotion to begin with, but then to experience that kind of anger, hurt, and sadness at once must have been awful. He's becoming a lot more an expressive character now though!
Sep 11, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2019
Oh for the moment there I thought Kosame would've have kicked the bucket, til those 2 gorillas arrived late for the party.....

Now, who is the wise guy who said that it's RIP for Kosame????

Whoever is the OG of this anime, seems to not know that towns have sheriffs, that GM dude could've called them instead of calling the police in another place cu'z each town or state have their own police dept, or that GM dude could've have called the US Marshals or the Pinkerton National Detective Agency to hunt down Gil T Cigar.
Sep 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
Not all character awakenings involve powering up or massively increasing power output. Sometimes they are sublime and muted, routed deep down in a person psyche. I'm pretty sure I just seen Appare awaken to a new level.

Also I couldn't help but feel the Going Merry reference at the end. 'Can you hear its voice?' Damn, I pretty much teared up with them feels.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 11, 2020 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
Metallica_Nero said:
Great episode. I'm really liking where this is going.
Too bad this show is underrated

I know :( I wish it had more recognition
Sep 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
So glad Kosame is still alive!!

Seeing Appare this sad and depressed, that breakdown though...

So glad the race is still on as well, now all the teams will work together repairing their cars, but Appare himself has different plans. I can't wait to see what kind of revolutionary invention he will pull out of his brain this time!!

Great episode!!
Sep 11, 2020 2:08 PM

Jul 2014
We have been bamboozled! xD. I mean, with how lighthearted the show is in general I kind of expected it as soon as they took him to the hospital. I'm glad Kosame is alive.

Nice to have some more backstory of TJ and Dylan.

Appare made me tear up when he started remembering Kosame and broke down in tears, and then hyped me up with that speech at the end. Great episode!
Sep 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
After the setup and preview, I can't believe Kosame is still alive. Lol, the level of trolling. Hope experiences like that won't turn me into an overly sceptical person in the long run xD

Anyway, the episode was dope, really loved the atmosphere.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 11, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2018
Can we take a quick second and praise Hanae for this amazing crying/screaming scene. God damn...
I felt this. I think now we get to see them save Sofia and maybe kill Gil.
This show deserves more love I want a second season!! :(

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Sep 11, 2020 5:57 PM

Jan 2017
Props to Appare's VA for that crying scene, it gave me chills.
I can't remember the last time an episode had me almost shed a tear just to have me with a huge smile on my face a few minutes later. When the series started I feared that at least half of the other racers would be just "villains", but seeing them all work together like this is so much more interesting than I expected.
*laughs in Dimple*
Sep 11, 2020 6:10 PM

Sep 2017
Despite getting jebaited about Kosame dying, it was still a good ass episode. Appare's character has been slowing becoming less of a socially awkward wreck throughout the series, and this was like the final break point for his growth.
Sep 11, 2020 6:23 PM
Jan 2017
Appare-Ranman! delivers yet another fine episode! The show's light-hearted aspect gets downplayed in favor of a more dramatic and serious atmosphere, as Appare faces the possibility of Kosame dying. I have to say, this episode was a fine display of character development for our protagonist because it humanizes him and gives him some much-needed pathos. You care about him and feel for him and the situation for him. Fortunately, this episode isn't nearly as dark or depressing as it could have been and our heroes get the chance to take the fight back to Gil, even if that means taking some very risky measures. This is one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 11, 2020 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, Appare, it took Kosame almost dying for you to finally appreciate what he's done for you. Kosame should've died so he could have lived in guilt for the rest of his life.
臭い-
Sep 12, 2020 2:29 AM

Jul 2020
What a nice inspiring episode. Glad to see all of them motivated to join the race again after the carnage in the previous episode.

Good to see Kosame is still alive. He jebaited me with that handkerchief on top of his face, I thought he actually died for a moment. xD

So far I haven't been impressed by Appare's inventions. Appare told us many times he's going to build something incredible to show the world but unfortunately up till now his inventions are a bit underwhelming.
Hopefully this time I'm wrong!
Sep 12, 2020 4:50 AM
Oct 2017
Oh, the wonders of modern medicine
Sep 12, 2020 9:12 AM

May 2015
AYYYYY TJ SHOW ME YOUR FACEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 12, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like I let the preview get the better of my judgement from last week. I'm glad that Kosame is alive, though.

That's mainly thanks to the bad brother's car still running, despite having a train carriage fly into them, but either way, they got Kosame to the hospital and thanks to the blood transfusion, Kosame is now on a path to recovery. =)

During the time when Kosame's survival rate was 50/50, we saw just how deep this episode got to with Appare's emotions. He was angry at Kosame first for taking the bullet for him. Afterwards, he was in a state of depression, not wanting to fix his car at all. Afterwards, this led to the scene with him by the lake, where his conflicting emotions went off like a bomb and he cried HARD. His voice actor did an excellent job in this scene overall and it left me feeling rather sad for Appare as a whole. T_T

Thanks to Kosame pulling through, his talk with Appare was enough to get Appare's fighting spirit running again at full power. Everyone is now working together to get their cars working again and take down Gil and his bandit crew once and for all.

Another part of this episode that I really enjoyed was with TJ and Dylan. The flashback showed that these two outlaws were close to each other when they were helping Claudia when she was alive. It's a shame that they've come to hate each other now, but maybe they'll be friends again in the future. Who knows...
Sep 12, 2020 12:57 PM
Oct 2019
God damn freaking Kosame, you got me for a second 😭
Sep 12, 2020 4:20 PM
Mar 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:

We still haven't uncovered the relationship between Al and Sofia but we got a nice little backstory from the two outlaws and the late Claudia.

Actually, I believe that Sofia described their relationship as sibling-like in the 9th episode.
Sep 12, 2020 8:10 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jo_March said:
Actually, I believe that Sofia described their relationship as sibling-like in the 9th episode.

Pardon me, I should’ve used the word “explore” now that I think about it. What I meant earlier by “uncover” was more like a backstory, which I believe we’ll be seeing very soon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 12, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2016
Amazing episode, I got jebaited by Kosame though what a troll. Trolled us for a whole ass week lmao, the power of modern medicine. But seeing a character like Appare breakdown though hurts, Hanae Natsuke did really fucking well in that scene and now we get an evolved Appare. That ending scene was fantastic, let's go Appare.
Sep 13, 2020 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
The group is back on track!
the life saver for this one regarding Kosame is Chase the Bad! if not for them Kosame's a fodder. good thing Chase wasn't involved and it's a good thing that they were left behind and not get involved...lolz
4/5.

Sep 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
The race is defaulted, and the fight is coming! The racers vs. Richard a.k.a Gil T. Cigar the Snake/Butcher.

It definitely would be overkill if Kosame went out like this, but thanks to the Bad Brothers' Chase, he gets treated ASAP. Unfortunately, this doesn't sit well with Appare who hasn't had an idea to qualm with just tampering his dream machine, at least not without Kosame.

Quite the history of Dylan, his late fiance Claudia and TJ. A fight of friendship-turned-love-hate relationship.

Depression as we call it, overtakes Appare's body and soul with no true felt purpose, to the extent of his open-shell personality as the focus shifted elsewhere. Well, thank goodness Kosame is living and breathing (and still able to churn out jokes) through "modern" medicine a.k,a blood transfusion, and Appare learns the grace of thanksgiving from Kosame, after all the trouble he's went through.

Only one thing left to do: be wary of Gil's demands and tread the fine path carefully. Appare, regaining his confidence, shows his dignity to finish this massacre and race, once and for all.

All for one, one for all, the race doesn't stop until one of them crosses the line. It's gonna be a hectic race for the final 2 episodes! Anticipating the ending line!
Sep 13, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2016
I’m glad Kosame is alive. Let’s see how they’ll kick Gil’s ass.
Sep 13, 2020 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
I'm so glad that Kosame is alive, Appare team needs him.

The next episodes will be fire, Appare is 200% ready, tbh i thought that he would merge everyone's cars xD
But it will still be hard, Appare gotta come um with something amazing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2016
I will kill you Kosame!

I was sure he was going to live since he was alive when he arrived to the hospital but he scared the hell out of me! You stupid Kosame, I am glad he is alive thought.
Sep 17, 2020 7:10 PM

Jan 2020
Half of this episode, i felt choked up and the other half I was grinning like a madman.

Seeing Appare get so emotional was heartwrenching and him getting all flustered from Al hugging him was...well pretty wholesome. I think i really like the trope of kuudere's slowly showing more emotion. Just hits me hard in the feels.

We also finally got to see why TJ and Dylan hate each other so much. I think their mutual care for the girl is pretty nice, since even though they despise each other, they have something in common.

Glad I got around to watching the new episode today because now I dont have to wait long for the next one.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Sep 18, 2020 5:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm at least Kosame is alive (kinda predictable though)
Sep 19, 2020 8:22 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, wow. Nevermind. Kosame is alive. Should've figured this anime wouldn't get that dark, but the preview in the last episode was deceptive.
Sep 23, 2020 6:24 PM

Nov 2016
How can this shit be so bad, fr.
Episode 1: Appare to Kosame: Idc about what you do, jump out of the boat or something.
Episode 7 or smt like that: Appare as usual not listening and givina shit about what Kosame does or says.
Episode 8: Kosame saves Appare life
Episode 11: Appare: OMG kOSAME MY BEST FRIEND, WHY ARE YOU DYING, WHY I FEEL SAD.

the fuckin hipocresy, this shit so bad.
Oct 25, 2020 4:09 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Appare emotions burst out like that, really shows how much he cares about his friends compared to the past and I'm glad Kosame didn't die.

Dec 21, 2020 10:09 AM

Apr 2020
Kosame is alive! Deceived by the trailer…… 😂

Feb 19, 2021 4:03 PM
Jun 2020
Kosame really got me with that tissue on his head. Glad he's still alive.
May 26, 2023 11:56 PM

Dec 2022
I'm torn between being really happy they didn't kill off Kosame and being salty that they bait and switched me so well with last episode's preview.
Dec 4, 2023 4:31 PM
Nov 2023
This episode in general is really good, cause this episode reveal the real plot-lune we was waiting for, this ep was so exciting thought ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

55 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 11, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Apr 24, 2020

77 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 10, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

79 by Purplik »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

83 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:37 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 7 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Aug 14, 2020

30 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.