Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2020 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This new theme song (Tomorrow x Together) is pretty catchy if you ask me.

It was fun watching Golden Dawn taking care of business especially with characters not often seen in action, like Letoile and Alecdora.
Sep 1, 2020 3:54 AM

Oct 2017
The visuals in new op were seriously dope, the op song was pretty great too. As for the episode it was another okay filler, nothing noteworthy.
Sep 1, 2020 4:22 AM

Apr 2011
Theme song is fine, but man, another filler.. Let it end, I'm seriously bored here.
Sep 1, 2020 4:30 AM
Apr 2017
Damn that opening is legit so beautiful. It's like a completely different anime with that opening. Alas the episode was one of the more meh anime canon episodes.
Sep 1, 2020 5:02 AM

May 2018
Homm said:
Theme song is fine, but man, another filler.. Let it end, I'm seriously bored here.

The filler arc will last minimum 12 more episodes so you can either watch or wait.
Sep 1, 2020 5:08 AM

Jan 2014
I loved these kinds of episodes. While the Black Bulls are always amazing, it's great that we got to see another squad get the attention. Hoping for more in the future.
Sep 1, 2020 5:42 AM
May 2020
I dislike K-POP, but as a BC Opening, Banger. Also the Visuals went crazy. Love it.
The Ending is awesome too.
The episode was also pretty good!
Sep 1, 2020 5:45 AM
May 2020
The episode was not the best, but I'm kinda tired of ppl referring to the episode as filler. They are not filler they are anime canon, this stuff actually happens!
Sep 1, 2020 5:47 AM

Nov 2019
Is this the first ever kpop opening song in anime? Ofc not counting manwha adaptation animes
Sep 1, 2020 5:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the sequences for the Op is dope! Asta swinging his sword vertically, that shot has become a trademark of the series now it seems. Pierrot really knows how to use the extra budget to good, it's just a pity that the funds for it are only but limited.

ED was pretty cool as well. Pretty good song and some of the shots eye-pleasing.

Squad leader's change of heart towards the end was a little bewildering but it was a nice episode to see Yuno acknowledging his nakama.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 1, 2020 5:52 AM

Nov 2016
Opening was already good on the first try. I know I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this one as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2020 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
New OP/ED set for the remainder of "Season 3", and the pairing is ABSOLUTELY great. K-Pop for the OP, and Asta's voice for the ED (of which it's his debut).

Anime canon...for the remainder of the 12 episodes. Early speculation I know, but it'll be a VERY LONG wait before we can watch the return of the manga.

As for the episode, it's nice that Yuno's group, the Golden Dawn, is getting some attention for a change of pace (after watching the Black Bulls for like weeks now). Going villager-saving and enemy-killing is like easy bread-and-butter for them.

Only problem: proud people like Alecdora, the present-past personality of Langris. Facing off a potent enemy with reliance on magic enhancement items, the usual teamwork works like wonder. Glad that like Langris and Asta's peasant status, power and fame aren't the be-all, end-all thing.

Gonna run through this canon like it's normal.
Sep 1, 2020 6:41 AM

Feb 2019
IK coz it's anime cannon/filler and that the animation quality is not a concern but the grass in the OP looked very out of place tbh for me
Hope they don't mess up the CG when the canon content gets animated
The episode was decent and the OP and ED are great as usual
Sep 1, 2020 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked the episode for this week. It was nice to see the Golden Dawn get some spotlight and to see a serious mission. Alecdora annoys me though. While he had a change of heart about Yuno at the end of the episode, it bothers me that it took this long for him to give Yuno any kind of recognition. He should have realized how competent of a Magic Knight Yuno was in the Magic Knights Exam and after hearing of his accomplishments in the Elves' Resurrection arc.
Sep 1, 2020 7:23 AM

Jul 2019
YggdraSEED said:
Is this the first ever kpop opening song in anime? Ofc not counting manwha adaptation animes

No, there were kpop groups made songs for animes before. But most of them were before kpop being super popular.
Sep 1, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
As always, Black Clover giving us some great songs for their OP & ED. The visuals in OP were nice.

As for the episode, it was okay. Nothing special.

Sep 1, 2020 8:07 AM

May 2012
I can easily tell the next 12 episodes will be not be from the manga because they are not showing anything from the manga in the opening song

I wish if they showed us how Yuno ......

Sep 1, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
Watching this episode made me realize how little Yuno has been featured in this training arc. I think he has only shown in one or two episodes since it started, glad they finally gave him some time to shine (he's one of the main characters after all).
And, well, seeing the Golden Dawn in action was cool, even if only for a short time. Kinda sad in hindsight

Like the new OP/ED (this last one sung by Asta's seiyuu, even). As always, Black Clover never disappoints with it's theme songs. It seems the canon-filler episodes will last for a while, but, tbh, it's necessary, since the manga still needs to distance a bit from the anime.

olajuwon20 said:
I really liked the episode for this week. It was nice to see the Golden Dawn get some spotlight and to see a serious mission. Alecdora annoys me though. While he had a change of heart about Yuno at the end of the episode, it bothers me that it took this long for him to give Yuno any kind of recognition. He should have realized how competent of a Magic Knight Yuno was in the Magic Knights Exam and after hearing of his accomplishments in the Elves' Resurrection arc.
Yeah, Alecdora sucks, his jealously for Yuno is pitiful, and I rolled my eyes when he said that if he wouldn't have been possessed by an elf, he would have helped Vangeance to save the country (mind you that Vangeance had a big part in causing all the mess with the elves in the first place). At least he had a change of heart at the end, but his attitude annoyed me.
Sep 1, 2020 8:37 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
Some stuff in the OP and ED were great ...
But when you know the manga ...
Anyways, having filler doesn't disturb me at all.
Sep 1, 2020 9:02 AM

Feb 2013
I really think it's ok to use magical items to make your magic stronger.
Sep 1, 2020 9:20 AM

Dec 2019
Man, when will these fillers end....

The OP was great tho. Take notes Stray Kids, this is how you do an anime opening
Sep 1, 2020 9:40 AM
Nov 2019
New opening and ending are nice, wonder if people know the new ending is sung by Asta’s VA.

For the episode, it was okay, not bad but nothing special though I like it wasn’t about Black bull this time.
Sep 1, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
how much budget do you want in the OP?

Pierrot: Yes.

Visuals are absolutely gorgeous. As I expected, TxT dropped a bop. Been listening to them since their first album last year.

As for the episode. Some great development for Alcedora, langris and Yuno. Langris has come a long way from the days of hating his brother and Alcedora, like the rest of the golden dawn, has accepted Yuno into the family. Doesn’t matter about your family background. All that matters is that you’re willing to work hard. Very touching moment at the end there too with Yuno getting emotional.

ED bangs too.
Sep 1, 2020 12:25 PM
Apr 2020
Bro Asta is singing the ending song it’s so weird but also kind cool
Sep 1, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
New OP visuals are amazing! Good stuff.

Focus on the golden dawn this episode, perhaps a much needed one cause honestly, Yuno has barely any screentime compared to Asta. Obviously another a filler, but a decent one tbh.
Sep 1, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2016
The new opening is beautiful, this series always gives good openings. By the way, comparing it to the start we’ve come a long way with the art. It’s nice.
Sep 1, 2020 2:30 PM

Sep 2017
Hey new opening. Wasn't expecting that in this filler arc since basically nothing has happened except character development stuff. Pretty nice visuals. Song was alright. This was a decent ep for the golden dawn. They haven't gotten much focus.
Sep 1, 2020 2:33 PM
Aug 2020
Rider9530 said:
Homm said:

The filler arc will last minimum 12 more episodes so you can either watch or wait.

12 u gotta be kidding me
Sep 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
And the filler continues 🤮
Sep 1, 2020 2:35 PM
Aug 2020
this filler episode was better than previous one and the op and ed is crazy good
Sep 1, 2020 3:40 PM

Nov 2017
I wasn't expecting the TXT's to sing the opening at all, and yet I loved the music and the visual!
Sep 1, 2020 5:19 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I wish we had some of this Golden Dawn focus before the elf arc so the impact of their possession hit harder, but this is still great. SIde characters & Yuno himself are all developing
Sep 1, 2020 7:18 PM

Jan 2013
Wow this anime is fell from grace. I put this worse than Fairy Tail from a filler nonsense bullshit perspective. Shittiest anime of 2020 but was very good in 2019 - WTF???
Sep 1, 2020 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
ricksed said:
I wish we had some of this Golden Dawn focus before the elf arc so the impact of their possession hit harder, but this is still great. SIde characters & Yuno himself are all developing

140 episodes in and still developing ...TOPKEK
Sep 1, 2020 7:58 PM
Sep 2020
narekokr said:
Man, when will these fillers end....

The OP was great tho. Take notes Stray Kids, this is how you do an anime opening

When in Japan you gotta do as the Japanese. Right. SKZ' song was good according to Kpop standards but as an anime song...just no...

Sep 1, 2020 7:59 PM
Sep 2020
YggdraSEED said:

2PM's "Take Off" ending for Blue Exorcist, that I do remember.
Sep 1, 2020 9:21 PM

May 2018
GHOSTrobber said:
Rider9530 said:

12 u gotta be kidding me

12 episodes is optimistic, it will probably be more.
Sep 1, 2020 9:46 PM
Apr 2017
Hey! Yuno is going through some character development!
Sep 2, 2020 2:48 AM
Jun 2017
we have some new OP and ED... and i love it, especially the visuals..

and to episode itself, we have the Golden dawn having some missions... and it seems really that Yuno aint close to other members due to being a peasant that he is always with mimosa etc... thats why i appreciated this one as having a mission together-- you can have some bonding moments right after it...

and those bandits that are just using magic items... hahahaha....
Sep 2, 2020 2:48 AM
Jun 2017
we have some new OP and ED... and i love it, especially the visuals..

and to episode itself, we have the Golden dawn having some missions... and it seems really that Yuno aint close to other members due to being a peasant that he is always with mimosa etc... thats why i appreciated this one as having a mission together-- you can have some bonding moments right after it...

and those bandits that are just using magic items... hahahaha....
Sep 2, 2020 3:05 AM

Jun 2011
Woow. They put all the budget on the OP and ED visuals. I love TXT's song
Sep 2, 2020 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
New opening and ending both rock, that something this filler crap does not deserve. Powerpoint fight sequences, totally meaningless plot and character that supposingly mattered. Really tired of it, can we not adapt the latest manga chapters already?
Sep 2, 2020 5:41 AM
Apr 2020
New OPED are both awesome! Nothing new about that tho.

A lot of people hate Yuno because he's powerful and finished things done easily, forgetting the fact that Yuno is also struggling and is as hard working as Asta. And it's good to see that Yuno is starting to be appreciated and recognized by his fellow Golden Dawn members, aside from Klaus and Mimosa. Even Langris changed. Just like the Black Bulls, the Golden Dawn is starting to become a family.

Sep 2, 2020 8:45 AM
Apr 2020
I'm just here to praise the new opening.

Man Black Clover openings never miss. They've put a lot of effort on the visuals too.
That scene of Yami and Charlotte was hilarious.
Sep 2, 2020 9:04 AM
Aug 2020
Ooga booga when is the story gonna move foward :)
Sep 2, 2020 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
Didn't know the opening was from a KPOP band, but them visuals were just 👍 I had no idea that Asta's VA sang the ending. Also, Captain Yami's sword👍
Sep 2, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2019
Not liking the new OP....Ya know, I kinda find it unfair that Vengeance was never punish for that elf uprising that he started a few arc's back and I wonder as to what has become of Patry after that elf uprising..?

When Yuno said that Asta would be the Wizard King, I'm starting to think that there is a spoiler around here....
so this Alecdora guy was pretty much being an ass to Yuno than a smart squad leader.
Sep 2, 2020 1:55 PM
Nov 2017
Loved the new opening
Sep 2, 2020 4:40 PM

Dec 2019
The new opening isn't bad persay, but I'm not really feeling it, the song that is. The visuals were good. the episode itself, decent.
Sep 2, 2020 7:05 PM

Aug 2015
Damn, the new op by TXT was really good especially the visuals. The ending was good too. This was a very nice episode. Glad Yuno finally feels at home. Hopefully, we get to see more of him. Looks like the next episode is about the Black Bulls and some mysterious people.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Today, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Today, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.