Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2020 10:23 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That 8man x Hiratsuka conversation was great. Such a great teach, in fact, we can give her the title-- Great Teacher Hiratsuka. Someone please marry her already! Why does she have to leave? feelsbadman

Yukinon has changed. Too much. More than anyone else in the show. Ice is melting, slowly but surely. It has been such a long time since we have seen Yukinon this gleeful. My girl suffers because she is too nice :'(

8man planning something. Considering 8man, it definitely can't be good. But maybe this time things will be different, maybe 8man has matured enough to change his ways. Maybe.

8man vs Yukinon > 8man x Yukinon.

Nice episode. Character interactions still top-tier.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 6, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
Life is full of choice, Prom or not and lending hand or just stay background.

Student council girl not allowing him to find Yukino.

He feels responsible, though. Then suggesting she should have alternative way other than the fix.

Competition talk from first season... Competition is on, but student council girl sees it as couple talk.

Now student council girl admits that she's bothersome person like other three.

Otaku guy appearing next.
tsubasaloverAug 13, 2020 10:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 6, 2020 10:24 AM

Jul 2017
The School Prom, it's a difficult issue, even with Yukinon's mother involved. Going through such a trial like this is unthinkable, but there's no turning back now, Hachiman must push himself to get more involved with Yukinon to make the school prom a success.

The co-dependency that's talked about heavily last episode, the balance between both Yukinon and Hachiman, it is a 20/20 hindsight of both the prom and his own personal feelings of friendship towards her, as part of the Service Club. And Hiratsuka-sensei punches that thought as firm as possible, etching it into his head to get things done proper.

Iroha's retaliation towards Hachiman concerning the prom, is it the mere thought of obligation, or is it building infatuation towards Yukinon instead? A clear indication in the air between the president and the senior, but the self-restraint is getting into both Hachiman and Yukinon's heads TOO MUCH. The problems faced vs. rebuttal and backlash, it seems too much for Yukinon to face (whilst keeping her Daijoubu facade, though Hachiman's intuition tells him otherwise).

Ultimately, the task of putting the responsibility to someone, it comes with a lot of thought-thinking and inherent questions that will have no answer to. But Hachiman vehemently pushes forward, solving problems as they come, and working together.

A challenge, huh. Whoever wins will have the prom their way, because the girl hates losing, and the guy hates not helping out of obligation. Iroha's presence in Yukinon and Hachiman's debate, truly an eye-watering shedding moment, knowing these two and how far they'll go for each other.

Seriously, Hachiman and Yukinon's relationship, it may not be one of love, but one that's of compeititon and proving who has the strongest willlpower.

Build-up episode, just as to be expected. But a pretty well done one, regardless.
Aug 6, 2020 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
This season needs more of sensei, Shizuka Hiratsuka. At least she got some screen time this week.

Iroha has an interesting presence in all this drama if you ask me. And of course, there's Hachiman and Yukinon, one of the most dynamic duos of this season, a relationship that I think is complex but very insightful to watch with both of their personalities.

I really hope this episode will lead to a very memorable episode for the rest of the arc this season.
Aug 6, 2020 10:30 AM

Feb 2018
Sensei part? skip, it's better if you get married. Iroha part? Skip, is this a called confession ... I think it will be nearing the end. This is a battle for them, winning is everything. Was Hachiman's request to make Yukinon a girlfriend?

I'm glad I didn't see Yui in this episode.
Aug 6, 2020 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Oregairu and a great moment eith the best sensei: Hiratsuka...

Really significant conversation between Hachiman and Hiratsuka, showing that he has grown up and she has been always supporting him and that, at the end, life´s going on.
ANd also a good episode for our ice queen: Yukino is changing herself and melting the ice inside her ... ¿Should we prepare ourselves for a romantic scene soon?

Good episode (as the previous one, with Yui as a star), this time with Yukino and Hirotsuka.. Next one will be for Hachiman?
Just waiting for next week!
Aug 6, 2020 10:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
cchigu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That 8man x Hiratsuka conversation was great. Such a great teach, in fact, we can give her the title-- Great Teacher Hiratsuka. Someone please marry her already! Why does she have to leave? feelsbadman

indeed, indeed. When she made that "will you take me?" face I was blinded with the force of a thousand suns. She is not only beautiful but wise and cares so much about our main man.

At first I was really pissed off that Iroha was there cockblocking Yukino and Hachiman, but then when she had her inner little monologue revealing her turmoil I was ok with it. If anything, she works well as a catalyst for the Mc's to get their act together
FarabeufAug 6, 2020 10:58 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems he convinced her somewhat but they still have to make it work.
Looking forward on how it will go still Yukino is being pretty stuborn as usual.
Aug 6, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
Yui stans and Yukino stans, one thing we can agree on is that sensei is best girl.

Hiratsuka spin off when??
Aug 6, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2020
This episode was just a perfect follow up for the cliffhanger from the last episode.
We get yet another deep conversation between shizuka and 8man followed up by mellow flirts from either side! (Shizuka's face when she says "take me" is the cutest!)
Iroha trying to understand the relationship between yukino and 8man is just another step forward for the catalyst for their future. Getting her little monologue was quite satisfying. For a moment there though, i thought she was falling for 8man. Anyways we get kore of 8man and iroha next ep.
Glad we didn't get to see Yui this ep.
Yukino almost crying in the end just was cherry on the top(in an emotional way ofc)
Feels like the season is just starting now.
We get more of kawa-whoever next ep. Really looking forward to it
Aug 6, 2020 11:10 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Farabeuf said:

indeed, indeed. When she made that "will you take me?" face I was blinded with the force of a thousand suns. She is not only beautiful but wise and cares so much about our main man.
It was too random, haha. Reminded me of good old season 1 days.

At first I was really pissed off that Iroha was there cockblocking Yukino and Hachiman, but then when she had her inner little monologue revealing her turmoil I was ok with it. If anything, she works well as a catalyst for the Mc's to get their act together
True. Speaking of Iroha, I don't understand Irohasu at all. During Zoku/vol 9-11, I thought that she developed a crush on 8man and was putting up the act of liking Hayama to keep 8man entangled, but the last 3 volumes say otherwise. Hmm.
cchiguAug 6, 2020 3:15 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 6, 2020 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Yes please reconsider and take Hiratsuka sensei as your bride Hachiman.

So time for one last contest between Hachiman and Yukinon. Is Yukinon planning to win and end things with Hachiman? If so then I want Hachiman to win.

Also woah I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from Iroha.
Aug 6, 2020 3:10 PM

Aug 2013
Someone, please take Hiratsuka sensei. She deserves all the happiness.

Iroha's inner monologue was interesting. I wonder what she's truly feeling.

So we have a competition between Hachiman and Yukino, the bet from the first season. Things should get a lot more interesting now.

Aug 6, 2020 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Just marry her you idiot and if you don't then I will.

And surprisingly enough, I'm starting to like Iroha more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
I wasn't too interested in this episode to be honest. And really the direction of the whole arc so far. Nothing bad, but nothing that I can attach too really.
Aug 6, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2020
"It feel like being forced to realized just how irrelevant I am"
You know Iroha..That basically what Yui had to go through everyday in clubroom. Being the irrelevant third wheel...

Iroha jealousy when she realized she didn't have any place in hachiman heart since he focussed to yukino.
Aug 6, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
It wasn’t a bad episode by any means, but it was quite mediocre compared to the all the previous ones, imho. I’m pretty sure it’s due to how sluggish the pacing was. The series’s pacing consistency can feel “see saw”-ish with some episodes being too fast and some being too slow. It’s an odd prospect, but at least the general story quality sans those weird pacing choices hasn’t really dropped off.

That being said, poor Iroha. She just confirmed herself as just a recurring side character :P
Aug 6, 2020 3:31 PM
Jul 2020
KANLen09 said:
The School Prom, it's a difficult issue, even with Yukinon's mother involved. Going through such a trial like this is unthinkable, but there's no turning back now, Hachiman must push himself to get more involved with Yukinon to make the school prom a success.

The co-dependency that's talked about heavily last episode, the balance between both Yukinon and Hachiman, it is a 20/20 hindsight of both the prom and his own personal feelings of friendship towards her, as part of the Service Club. And Hiratsuka-sensei punches that thought as firm as possible, etching it into his head to get things done proper.

Iroha's retaliation towards Hachiman concerning the prom, is it the mere thought of obligation, or is it building infatuation towards Yukinon instead? A clear indication in the air between the president and the senior, but the self-restraint is getting into both Hachiman and Yukinon's heads TOO MUCH. The problems faced vs. rebuttal and backlash, it seems too much for Yukinon to face (whilst keeping her Daijoubu facade, though Hachiman's intuition tells him otherwise).

Ultimately, the task of putting the responsibility to someone, it comes with a lot of thought-thinking and inherent questions that will have no answer to. But Hachiman vehemently pushes forward, solving problems as they come, and working together.

A challenge, huh. Whoever wins will have the prom their way, because the girl hates losing, and the guy hates not helping out of obligation. Iroha's presence in Yukinon and Hachiman's debate, truly an eye-watering shedding moment, knowing these two and how far they'll go for each other.

Seriously, Hachiman and Yukinon's relationship, it may not be one of love, but one that's of compeititon and proving who has the strongest willlpower.

Build-up episode, just as to be expected. But a pretty well done one, regardless.
hachiman and yukino's relationship is a relationship of love and also a relationship where they are willing to go to any heights for each other. And hachiman isn't doing it out of obligation, but because he loves her and can't let her face trouble by herself.

Jan 2018
Hiratsuka-sensei's "Will you take me" was so cute. Sadly though Hachiman was born 10 years later.

A competition is rising, cannot wait what methodology Hachiman will be using. This is big brain time.

May 2020
Ryuseishun said:
It wasn’t a bad episode by any means, but it was quite mediocre compared to the all the previous ones, imho. I’m pretty sure it’s due to how sluggish the pacing was. The series’s pacing consistency can feel “see saw”-ish with some episodes being too fast and some being too slow. It’s an odd prospect, but at least the general story quality sans those weird pacing choices hasn’t really dropped off.

That being said, poor Iroha. She just confirmed herself as just a recurring side character :P

thats what i feel as well but try watch it again u will apreciate a bit more
Aug 6, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2016
Natsude_tanaka said:
Ryuseishun said:

thats what i feel as well but try watch it again u will apreciate a bit more

I know. I tend to revisit certain scenes after watching the episodes the first time.
Aug 6, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2019
ngl the whole prom thing is starting to get boring.
Aug 6, 2020 3:42 PM

Jun 2020
Just drop off all the genre tags this season has except drama

Pale_28 said:
ngl the whole prom thing is starting to get boring.

Yes, thank you
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 6, 2020 3:55 PM
Mar 2020
Never liked Yukino, but it seems she's endgame. And all of my favorite characters are getting heartbroken. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Aug 6, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Sensei puppy eyes!! Someone take her and marry her before I do!!! One of the best teachers I have seen in Anime!!! I am not looking forward to her leaving!

Well, that's two ships down the drain alright! Not that Iroha ever stood a chance though, but God I love her character!!

Some impressive character animation at times, as per usual, but it did impress me more in this episode!

It's pretty clear how Hachiman and Yukino feel, but I honestly can't wait to see how this will wrap up, I am expecting a lot of drama to come!
CeddyyBearrAug 6, 2020 4:09 PM
Aug 6, 2020 4:01 PM

Jul 2017
flamebc said:
KANLen09 said:

hachiman and yukino's relationship is a relationship of love and also a relationship where they are willing to go to any heights for each other. And hachiman isn't doing it out of obligation, but because he loves her and can't let her face trouble by herself.
The love between each other is obvious, but as of this time, it doesn't even amount to anything if the guy gives and the girl pushes back. Remember, though we'd already learn from Yui's perspective of the entire background, this arc's subliminal message is to show and prove the "co-dependency" towards each other (that was quite heated if you saw the last episode). Hachiman being able to challenge her and make sure that he'll do his way to fruition vs. Yukino still in her "be strong" facade, love compels each other to move forward, but in this case, it's only 50-50 to break the brick wall of Yukino and let her realize that Hachiman has always been there from the very beginning (of Season 2's drama). Read through the lines.
Aug 6, 2020 4:32 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
We finally saw a small break in the Iroha wall. Honestly, she might be my favorite character from this series. I love her razor intellect concealed by a bubbly exterior. Her role reminds me a lot of the role of Ami Kawashima from Toradora. It's kind of too bad that it seems that she will be as successful in her love as Ami, but on the flip side I've always though that Hachiman and Yukino were made for each other, so I'm not disappointed with this result. Honestly, this is one of the few romance series where I don't find myself firmly aligning with one potential pairing, which goes to show what a fantastic job they've done in creating believable characters.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 6, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
*sigh* Ok ok I guess I have no choice, I'll go ahead and step up to be the guy that marries Hiratsuka. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2020 5:03 PM
Jun 2020
favorit part about this is it seems like sensei would not mind to get married t our 8man
Aug 6, 2020 5:05 PM
Mar 2015
Got to hear Hachiman's conversations with 3 of the women in his life Sensei and Iroha were left with the wish that he would take responsibility for them Yukino and 8man are set up for their final battle As Iroha said it sounded like a confession
Aug 6, 2020 5:06 PM

Apr 2019
And another showdown between Hachiman and Yukino arises, I wonder who will will.

Gosh, with that last bit of dialogue from Yukino at the end there, I can confidently say that things are gonna be a bit rocky when either side wins this, cause I think I know what Yukino might ask of Hachiman, and I don't know if I'll like it.

Anyways, another great episode, looking forwards to the next one.
Aug 6, 2020 5:14 PM
Oct 2015
As a LN reader, this is the best episode so far. I hope they can be consistent like this, especially about Hachiman monologue. Hachiman used "responsibility" as an excuse, even Iroha realized that. Then Yukino who gave up and wanted to end this all. In her perspective, she felt she was a bad influence on Hachiman, even though it wasn't really like that. Hachiman just loved her and wanted to help her.
Prom is just a plot device. It's better if you focus on each character's motivation rather than the prom itself
Aug 6, 2020 5:17 PM

Jan 2020
you know it's the endgame when the ships are sinking one by one
Aug 6, 2020 5:17 PM
Apr 2018
Is it just me or did this episode have some serious harem vibes? Yui at the beginning (following up from 8man's perspective of the last episode's heartbreaking scene), Hiratsuka-sensei pleading for him to take her (jokingly), Iroha playing the tough role of testing his reasons and then realizing he wants him to take responsibility for her feelings, and then Yukino. The ice queen that 8man has slowly worked to melt away the coldness and do his utmost to relieve her stress as he can, even if it wasn't what she wanted.

"This is a confession. That, or a lover's quarrel, or maybe a breakup. Having to listen to it right next to them, I felt like an idiot."
Aug 6, 2020 5:21 PM
Apr 2018
ShiroHachi said:
As a LN reader, this is the best episode so far. I hope they can be consistent like this, especially about Hachiman monologue. Hachiman used "responsibility" as an excuse, even Iroha realized that. Then Yukino who gave up and wanted to end this all. In her perspective, she felt she was a bad influence on Hachiman, even though it wasn't really like that. Hachiman just loved her and wanted to help her.
Prom is just a plot device. It's better if you focus on each character's motivation rather than the prom itself

I think the LN does an amazing job of obscuring this as much as possible. After all, we are constantly reading the thoughts of 8man. He has yet to accept his feelings for anyone in particular. The anime, however, is much less packed with the thoughts of 8man. The dust is not as thick and his motivations, even if we were well aware in the LN, are much clearer in the anime adaptation. This is equally as great to watch, because they still make his hesitations and insecurities all so clear. He's growing up, getting more mature.
Aug 6, 2020 5:22 PM

Jul 2020
I agree with Iroha that "I want to save you." that Hikigaya said was basically a confession. Damn I'm really excited how this will play out.

Somebody, please for the love of God, marry Hiratsuka-sensei. I love her conversation with Hachiman in this episode.

And yeah I really like how Iroha's internal monologue is so straight forward. That she thinks the two is having some sort of love quarrel lol. How she clenched her fist to the cup because she thinks she's being irrelevant and that she wants 8man to take "responsibility" over her too.

That end credit scene really shows how Yukino doesn't want to rely on Hikigaya anymore. With her not using the blue ray glasses our boy gave her on her birthday and when she said she want to end it , her being dependent to 8man.

Yoo! Zaimokuza is finally back after not really appearing on Season 2 lol. One my favorite chunii characters ever lol.

Very good buildup episode, and yeah I forgot to mention Hachiman and Yukino CHEMISTRY is really good imo.

5/5 episode for me
krukroooAug 6, 2020 6:44 PM

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 6, 2020 5:28 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
So we got basically a confession probable as close to one as we will get with 8man and Yukino.
The thing that people will make memes about and said forever "take me" from Hiratsuka so overall a pretty good ep.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 6, 2020 5:45 PM
Oct 2015
I really like the chemistry between Hachiman and Yukino. They were created for each other. You can see how they understand each other's thought processes. Unfortunately they are bad at understanding each other's feelings. When Hachiman said he was going to fight Yukino, Yukino realized the end result. That's why she reminded "The loser will grant the winner's wishes." Yukino started planning something, that's why she was crying.
"I can truly end things with this."
ShiroHachiAug 6, 2020 5:55 PM
Aug 6, 2020 5:57 PM

Oct 2017
Amazing episode as usual! The scene with Hiratsuka and Hachiman was great, too bad she's going ;-;
Aug 6, 2020 6:53 PM

Feb 2019
Episode felt tense and there's always this sense of something big looming behind the scenes, whether it's the events, their thoughts, or their brains thinking heavily. This atmosphere is one of my favourite parts of OreGairu, where all the parties involved put on their thinking caps and engage all the gears in their brains.

OreGairu certainly never treats us as too stupid to grasp the situation and meanings behind the scenes. Although it's hard, it's quite an enjoyable experience to try and read between the lines and see what lies behind.

Hiratsuka-sensei is truly awesome. Although that part about her asking Hachiman if what he said meant he was going to take her as his bride was lol and Hachiman still feels Hiratsuka would be wasted on someone like him and somebody better marry her soon before he changes his mind. That part was awesome. But seriously, somebody marry her, please?

Every time Hachiman and Yukino discuss something serious, it always feels heavy and I really need to focus to understand what they mean, not just their words, and to also simultaneously think through those meanings. It's something I really enjoy.

Hearkening back to the first episode's challenge between Hachiman and Yukino. Thinking back, everyone sure has changed. Yui, Hachiman, Yukino - all of them have. Hachiman isn't the poster boy of a loner anymore. He has people he cares about and people that care about him, and not just his family. He's willing to talk properly and not just do things his own way without saying anything, but rather takes into account what others think too. And he doesn't plan to do something self-destructive as he did in Kyoto.

And Yukino, the ice-queen, is slowly and gradually melting. Slowly and gradually but surely. It feels like everyone's matured.

Although poor Irohasu for basically being irrelevant in that conversation in the student council room lol

I'll be honest. I can't be fully happy with what's happening, especially after seeing last episode with Yui. I have an inkling of what both Hachiman and Yukino would ask of the other when one of them inevitably wins.

Even so, I'm excited and curious to see how things will go. Yukino is with the student council, but I'm guessing Hachiman will recruit his own team outside of it with Yui, Zaimokuza, Saki, and others. At least that's what I got from the PV, still not sure how things will go since I don't read the manga and haven't reached this part in the LN.

Still, the PV shows some... interesting faces of Yui. I'm definitely looking forward to see what's happening next.

This show continues to be a masterpiece. Another 10/10 episode.
Aug 6, 2020 7:43 PM

Apr 2019
What? no Yui in this episode? I really wanted to se what happened to her after she fell apart like that the last episode
Aug 6, 2020 7:43 PM
Feb 2020

Don't worry Shizuka, I would marry you without thinking.
Aug 6, 2020 8:26 PM
Apr 2019
Nah. Those bureaucratic bastards called PTO thinks that interfering with school matters such as prom is a good idea. No one's willing to discuss it with a vote and forum, eh? I hope that this issue will be resolved in the next episodes.

Finally, we got to see Iroha's point of view now. She really knew between Yukino and 8man, she's like a wallflower in front of them. At least the visual novel of Oregairu has a route for every girls so yeah it's a win-win.

It's sad to see Yukino is crying at the end of episode. We knew that she wanted to take matters in her own hands, since as long as 8man is acting like a big brother that she could not be independent as what she wanted.

Lastly, those interactions with 8man and Hiratsuka-sensei though: If only sensei was in the same age with 8man that they could be in a relationship.
Aug 6, 2020 8:41 PM

Aug 2019
pretty neat episode won't lie, Hachiman stepping up and coming in to help Yukino with the prom and Iroha being slightly mesmerised with what she witnessed.

Ah, FINALLY they gave Shizuka-senpai some of the spotlight. She absolutely killed it i swear, how in gods green earth is this women not married yet, she hits almost peak perfection in everything. Especially cuteness i mean looking at those puppy eyes my god. Honestly Shizuka-senpai really do be best girl according to my real life preferences i swear.

Wow that whole Iroha and Hachiman scene to Yukino, Hachiman and Iroha scene had quite a lot to digest. Iroha getting more screen time is a plus, and her consultation with Hachiman beforehand was interesting. Hachiman's proposal to help Yukino was good, his "to save you" ooooh he did, he said the line, loved it. Bringing up the original competition that Yukino and Hachiman had was also a pretty good back-up, completely forgot that, that competition was really what started it all.

But Iroha's analysis of what was happening surprised me because of how accurate it was and how i didn't notice it sooner. Yeh...yeh Hachiman's proposal to help Yukino really did look like a confession of sorts or a pair of lovers finally settling on where to eat xD now this, this most certainly put a smile on my face.
next ep looks interesting, the man the myth the legendary blade master general Zaimokuza is finally back and things are looking spicer then ever, actually can't wait!
Aug 6, 2020 8:48 PM

Dec 2010
Justice for best girl Irohassu.

Ayaneru needs to win!

And someone please marry sensei, or I will... XD
Aug 6, 2020 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
God Sensei is freaking amazing. Her favoritism towards Hikigaya is fantastic. The "Take Me" moment had me in tears lol.

Hikigaya is the GOAT he TELLS YUKINO he wants to save her. Then in old school Hiiki fashion basically challenges Yukino to a battle to see who's idea for Prom can be accepted. Such a good moment. It went from what could have been a Super serious scene to a little more upbeat and happy.
You know other then Iroha being upset that she sees Hikigaya and Yukino as a couple already.

Iroha you put yourself in this spot. I am glad she was pissed at herself though.

Shoot I forgot to mention Yukino NOT wearing the Glasses that Hikigaya got her for her Birthday. God Damn dude the dependability! T_T

I think people are misinterpreting Yukino crying at the end. So lets go down the list. 1. The winner of the Battle can ask the loser of one thing. 2. Iroha tells us the viewer that this battle is basically a love confession so in a sense Yukino if she wins Will Ask Hikigaya out. In theory. (We already know she has feelings for him because A. ITS clear. and B. The Photo Evidence.)
3. She mentions "This is the last time" because if she does win then The Service Club can't go back to Normal. Due to them either being in a relationship or on the outs. I mean shoot Yukino is not dense enough to know that Yui has feelings for Hikigaya as well.
While I think that Yes Yukino does want to be with Hikigaya she also does not want to lose the Service Club and Yui as a friend.
SoraSenpaiAug 6, 2020 9:08 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 6, 2020 9:12 PM
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:

I know right! I've been reading reviews where people are saying season 3 is slow or prom is getting boring and shit.
The whole series is just about the characters(and their relationship) and not about what happens in their life.
Prom is just a plot device - ShirHachi
Right before rewatching the ep i read these reviews and it just pissed me off bruh
Aug 6, 2020 9:33 PM

Apr 2020
Still not used to Yukinoshita being soft. It feels unnatural to see her smile with emotion. Her voice is not as sharp too, but mellow and sad. She feels like a delicate flower now, in contrast to a powerful blizzard, a force of nature she's often described as.

I think it's a product of her character development and how she dropped her guard when it comes to Hikigaya and Yui. But I honestly prefer when she's cold. I miss the back-and-forths and the banter. Though people change, and if they don't their environment would -- which is still akin to change. Once things are said, it can't be taken back. The now they have is fragile and acting as if nothing happened between them is disingenuous.

The times they are in are tumultuous and confusing but I hope the conflict bears fruit to a satisfying conclusion.
ToraiSAug 6, 2020 9:37 PM
Aug 6, 2020 9:45 PM
Nov 2017
Hachiman pulled a big brain move on Yukino.

I'm expecting him to set the bar pretty high for her. Imagine his plan requires almost no effort compared to her extremely well thought-out solutions and it's still better than her plan.
Aug 6, 2020 10:19 PM
Apr 2019
I hope people now would understand how complicated mess of words could sound as a confession to a third party view. Hachiman likes to twist his words, remember he has been a loner so he didn’t make proper chat with anyone. And he fears words, so far we got gist of it. And that’s the main problem of him, "He is too twisted for his own good"
And Yukino, she doesn’t lie but also doesn’t tell the truth always.

Iroha part was amazing, funny how she felt completely outside of the party amongst the three, probably she is understanding what Gahama chan has been experiencing since last year.

Gahama chan is missing in this episode, this probably is a first time she makes zero appearance in a single episode. But preview shows her. Happy face, fans should be happy too.

Finally, Yukino is crying, she wants to move forward but so far isn’t able to.

This was so far the best episode which did justice to Source material. I have to give credit to Iroha monologue, you can now have an image of how a genuine relationship works.

"Confession, or love quarrel, or break up, I couldn’t get behind any of it"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Yesterday, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.