Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys include anime you watched as a kid on your lists?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 23, 2020 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Only the ones I'm sure I've completed and I remember. Although I think the only one of those that I haven't rewatched is Dragon Ball Z.
Jul 23, 2020 9:05 PM

Sep 2019
Yes and no, I added only the ones I vaguely remember like pretty much all the Pokémon movies I’ve watched. I don’t add stuff I don’t remember that well, like Zatch Bell, Shaman King, Inuyasha, etc.
Jul 23, 2020 9:10 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
That's a good question. I've watched the entirety of Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) in around 2004-2006 multiple times over and don't remember a thing. Well, some things are slowly coming back to me after starting Brotherhood and seeing the Opening, such as the characters, and... the dog. Same as stuff such as Kodocha I watched in like 2004-2007, when I was a toddler, I vaguely remember a lot of anime from that period. I count them because it would be wrong to say that I didn't watch them.

Now that you mention it, I have a very good memory that goes back to when I was at least two years old. I seem to surprise my family at times about those memories. I'll also count anime I watched when I was 8-9 in 2011 or so like To Love-Ru (yes I watched To Love-Ru when I was 9, lol).

It's also weird, because I chose not to put stuff such as Inuyasha and much of Pokemon on my list despite having watched it as a kid or toddler at the same time, just because I forgot. So I guess yes and no, like the above poster said?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2020 12:06 AM

Feb 2020
I've only included Ponyo on the cliff from the sea and Kiki's Delivery Service as these are movies and consequently make it easier for me to remember what happened.
However I don't add series, first because I haven't finished most of them, and also because I barely recall some of the events.
Jul 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Apr 2018
Only some, if I remember that I completed all the episodes, then I'll add them. I also leave them unscored, it would be unfair if I score them from the adult viewpoint, and it would be also weird and difficult if I score them from the child viewpoint.

So far, there're only 3 entries on my list though.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2392/Doraemon_Movie_26__Nobita_no_Kyouryuu_2006
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2156/Bakugan_Battle_Brawlers
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5337/Bakugan_Battle_Brawlers__New_Vestroia

I've actually watched a lot of Doraemon episodes, but I don't remember which is which, so I'll leave them unadded.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

Jul 24, 2020 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't but who knows maybe in the future I would , there are a lot of childhood animes for me -
Idaten Jump , pokemon , shinchan , doraemon , per-man , Ninja Hattori , another one whose name I forgot - it had a small cute alien which looke like a bay and it landed on earth and a family adopted it I think and raised him as their own child and he helped his human big brother out of tricky situations , the anime was a lot like doraemon and maybe the title had a stand alone letter with another word( if anyone knows the name , please tell me ) and many more
Jul 24, 2020 12:17 AM

Nov 2016
Well I saw only 3 animes as kid - Naruto, Shaman King and Pokemon (thanks to Jetix/Fox Kids) and yes all of them I included in my anime list since it is list of all my completed animes and I'm not ashamed if it has kid age rating (guess only Pokemon has kids age rating :D).
Jul 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
I am watching japanese animation since I'm 3 years old, watching television. Since most of the series were broadcasted multiple times up to my 6th or10th year, I know I've seen them. There were a few I had forgotten, but checking them or starting to watch them (and getting the course of the show back to my mind) was calling memories back so much I added them too, after checking they were actually broadcasted on the said channel like I thought.
Some of those were never fully shown/translated for the broadcaster so I simply register them as "dropped".

It would be weird not to input those entries when my consumpttion of "jap-idiocies" was at its highest point when it was free, everywhere on TV (maybe >75% of our children/youth TV slots).
Jul 24, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Only the ones I rewatched, preferably in Japanese. Because in many cases dubs do edits and mess the order and number of episodes. I think I covered the majority of my childhood anime, though there are still few left.

One reason anime sites should also include foreign versions too.

Eg Gatchaman international vs original release.

Or Saber Rider vs Bismarck. Former has few more episodes and edits and cuts .

Or Aizenborg. In English there is only an abridged movie version. Only way to rate it is by adding the whole 39 episode series which would overinflate the list.

Or Hutch Honeybee. Dub combined 117 episodes of both seasons in one 65 episode series.

Or Dog of Flanders TMS TV version. Germany had just 1 movie version on video,whereas series was 26 episodes.

You could of course rate the anime as incomplete and just add the exact amount of episodes that represents it but this could cause huge repercussions for anime completionists and become a doomsday scenario.
Jul 24, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
I'll do it only if I manage to re-watch them today.
Jul 24, 2020 12:25 AM

Mar 2016
Be a bit awkward to put 60 rewatches under Spirited Away so no
wow
Jul 24, 2020 12:34 AM

Sep 2019
I add every title I remember watching, then I rate them based on how much I remembered them and if I liked watching them or not. My parents used to buy copies of Arabic Dubbed anime like UFO Robo Grendaizer and I used to like it a lot (favourite childhood anime). There's also shit like Chousoku Spinner which I hated watching and thus I gave a bad score.
(btw some of the shows I watched as a kid were from the 70s/80s because my parents used to buy their discs as they watched those shows as kids.)
Jul 24, 2020 4:18 PM

May 2018
usually not , besides dragon ball and some episodes of one piece (since they didn't finich it here) , I usually just rewatch the show than add it to my list...
Jul 24, 2020 4:26 PM

Sep 2017
I never completed any of them so no.Tbh I don't even remember the plot or anything as well
خ
Jul 24, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2019
No, because i never really finished a series a kid and remember which episodes i watched
Jul 24, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't put Sailor Moon on my list. I don't remember it quite that well. Same thing with Dragon Ball Z. I watched Yu Yu Hakusho as a kid, but I rewatched it again last year.
Jul 24, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah haven't rated them though partially because I haven't watched them since. Just for stuff I remember completing for the most part though. Inuyasha I watched a bit but I don't remember much about the plot nor how I felt about it. Again more content to be re-watched.
Jul 24, 2020 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
My reason is very simple.

I do not add them because I never watched them in order or do not remember where I left off. This includes the Naruto and DBZ series as well which were some of the series that got me into anime outside of my childhood ones.

I don't plan on revisiting them though.
Jul 24, 2020 7:41 PM
Jul 2020
I personally include animes that I watch during childhood.
Jul 24, 2020 10:03 PM

Dec 2015
I do. I hate having inaccurate entries in my list, so I can't possibly mark them as complete when I know I haven't watched it all. My best way was to watch it from the beginning until I get bored and use that as my entry. I did this with stuff like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Deltora Quest and that. I ended up putting them as dropped which I'm not a fan of doing but since I technically haven't finished them what else can I do, kids shows are pretty boring now.
Jul 25, 2020 12:16 AM

Jun 2020
yup. digimon, most yugioh shows, and inuyasha.
Jul 25, 2020 1:15 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
No, I don't know how much of them I actually watched and I hardly remember anything either way.
Jul 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Oct 2011
Yes, any anime I can remember ever watching before joining this site I added. I think I joined this site in 2013 so the first time it took me a little while, but it wasn't until maybe 2014 or 2015 when I really started binging more on anime. Before that I was mostly playing video games.

The only anime i don't add to my list is hentai. I use a separate account for that list. ;)
Jul 25, 2020 1:27 AM

Oct 2015
No. I dislike inaccuracies considering I can't vouch I watched all of it episodes albeit feeling that I did so I don't include Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, DBZ, Bakugan, etc. on my list
Jul 25, 2020 1:28 AM

Nov 2016
Yes if I watched them enterely and I also tend to rewatch most of them too so no memory issues there.

Ofc that doesn't include the likes of detective conan and pokemon since they'll never end.
Jul 25, 2020 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
No, I don't. There is no way I can clearly remember things I watched over 30 years ago - also I am pretty sure I skipped episodes here and there, so to add it as "completed" would be a lie.

I only really added things from the last few years to my list, both anime and manga - before that anime was not my main hobby / interest so I did not give it the attention it gets now.
Jul 25, 2020 4:32 AM

Sep 2017
Nope, not really since I only watched a few episodes of each (like Magical Doremi, Yu-gi-oh, Kirarin and Keroro)

I only add the ones I finished later, like Bleach or Yume no Crayon
Jul 25, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
Of course, why would anyone want an incomplete list?

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jul 25, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Nah, I don't remember anything that happened in those anime.

I think if I re-watched them now, it would be a different experience because my interests have obviously changed over the years.
No
Jul 25, 2020 9:38 AM

Jul 2016
Nah, the only anime from my childhood are 4kids dubs. Even though I can logically accept them as anime, in my mind they've always been subconciously classified as something 'other'. Figuring the number of episodes I watched would be a bother (between randomized reruns and episodes I missed) while listing it without any would be unsatisfying. And to be frank, they don't really factor in to my current love of anime.
Jul 25, 2020 9:41 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
if I remembered how I feel about them and I actually finished them, yeah.

Like I remember watching and liking episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura on TV but it's been almost 20 years since I watched that, idk if I watched everything or not.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 25, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2018
ur assuming i watched anime as a kid, ofc not. somehow didnt even watch pokemon- only anime-type thing i watched as a kid is last air blender
Jul 25, 2020 10:12 AM
Jun 2020
Good question.I don't cause I couldn't tell the difference between a good story and a bad one.So it would just be an excuse to increase my ep counts.
Jul 25, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
The only anime I watched as a kid was Pokemon, but I don't remember a single thing about it and have no idea how many episodes I watched so it wouldn't make sense to add it to my list.
Jul 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
If I can remember if I watched them fully, yeah. I tended to bounce around when a lot of old anime, watching them when I happened to catch them on Saturday mornings or owning a few VHS tapes of select episodes.
Jul 25, 2020 10:55 AM

May 2011
Actually no, not unless I've re-watched it. There might be just one exception, with intent to re-watch it regardless with a new perspective.
Jul 25, 2020 10:58 AM
Jul 2020
who doesn't?

I add them just because of the nostalgic feeling. Honestly, the best feeling is finding an anime you've watched as a child that you've forgotten along the way and finally find it again. It's like digging up gold. uwu
Jul 25, 2020 11:02 AM
Oct 2012
Nope, if I don't rewatch it as an adult I can't give it the proper rating.
Basing off of nostalgia Pokemon would be my favorite anime, but since I have a brain I know it's garbage.
Jul 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2020
Nop i have watched lots cartoons show by japan that i wouldnt really consider anime. And watched tons of random animes on tv that i didnt even finish

Made by k3ti
Jul 25, 2020 3:12 PM

Sep 2019
I can't say that I haven't XD
Some I did add like Slam Dunk, CardCaptor Sakura, His and Her Circumstances, but the rest like, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Flame of Recca, Shaman King, etc, even though I've watched them before, I feel like going over them again, since I wanted to watch them with Japanese dub (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

"You don't become friends because you decide to, it just happens." - Okita Sougo
ANIME LIST || MANGA LIST

Jul 25, 2020 5:05 PM

Jul 2020
Sure. Why not? I watched it after all.
Jul 25, 2020 5:07 PM

Jul 2011
Yes I listed most of my childhood anime, some of them I actually had to google as I didn't know their titles.

Jul 25, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2019
I think i only ever saw a few episodes of pokemon and dragon ball growing up so i cant see why id add them to my list, maybe one day ill go back and watch them since im very early into my anime watching career.
Jul 26, 2020 1:03 AM

May 2016
I'd like to include Beyblade, Bakugan, and Blue Dragon here but I can't even remember on whether I actually watched most if not all of their episodes back in the day oof

Jul 26, 2020 1:06 AM

Dec 2017
Only if im rewatching and finishing it otherwise I dont add them
Don't fuck up the present, it's connected to your future!
Jul 26, 2020 2:57 AM
Jun 2020
Yes, since I haven't seen many to begin with.
Jul 26, 2020 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
I added 2 anime that were my favorite when I was a kid to my completed list, and I added the rest to my dropped list.
Jul 26, 2020 7:43 AM
May 2020
No, for example Digimon or Pokemon. I watched those when I was a kid, but don`t add them to my list because I didn`t know they were anime at this time and I wasn't an "anime fan".
Jul 26, 2020 8:12 AM

Feb 2015
Nah, mang. Never got to watch them properly. And by "properly", I mean I never missed one goddamn episode on TV, since the opposite often happens as I have to spend 6-8 hours of my time at school, except for the weekends which unfortunately now airs some boring-ass shows like they're subliminally telling us elementary kids at the time to go outside and get tanned under the sun. We all just wanted to see how Yusuke almost got dickslapped by the Younger Toguro.
Jul 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Yes and the funny thing is; during my
current rewatch of Pokemon I realized that I remembered pretty much every episode and even some random parts better than anime I've seen like a year or two ago.

And if you know what to expect then it can be pretty enjoyable . By any means, it's not complex or profound, rather ridiculously contrived think, but I think it's still holding up well with how plain and charming it is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

55 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

17 by Shipfan66 »»
7 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 10 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
18 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.