Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2020 11:03 PM

May 2020
recently i got into watching anime. with the summer 2020 right around the corner, i'm curious on how you guys approach watching it. do you keep up with it weekly? or you wait till the season ends so you can binge watch it? For me i found that binge watching rezero s1 very satisfying bcs you got the story right away, on the other hand i found that keeping up weekly with kaguya sama s2 very enjoyable also bcs it felt the ep just keep getting better and better and you get that sense of hype a lil bit everytime you watch weekly and it's hard to avoid spoilers if you don't keep up with it...

how do you watch seasonal anime? is there any other methods? please share your thoughts :)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2020 11:05 PM
Dec 2017
For me watching weekly is always better as it is more manageable because I have a lot of school shit to do
Jul 8, 2020 11:06 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
I almost never watch seasonal anime as they air; I think the only exception I've made for this rule was Banana Fish. If the plot really compels me to, that's the only time I really watch seasonals as they air. Otherwise, I binge it... sometime in the future, haha. There's still a lot of anime I have to go through...

γ€Œ I am forever your most devoted believer. 」

Jul 8, 2020 11:13 PM

Mar 2020
for me it actually depends on my personal hype/interest or the first episode. If I have to choose one it'd be watching them weekly because I can avoid spoilers that way and u can be up to date with what the community is on about

real talk, Is u floor gang tho?
raferiJul 8, 2020 11:18 PM

Jul 8, 2020 11:15 PM

Nov 2018
If it's a highly anticipated show or if it's a continuously airing show like One Piece, then I'll stay up to date with it.

If it's a show that I'm up to date with in its franchise, then I'll wait until it ends so I can binge it.

Other than that, I'm primarily watching already finished shows and going through my PTW and On Hold list

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 8, 2020 11:29 PM

Jan 2016
I don't watch seasonal series i let it ends first, but might be try it this season, most of the time i only binge-watch finished series except for Conan and One piece been continuously watch 'em since 2007/08..
Jul 8, 2020 11:35 PM

Apr 2015
Well, really depend on how much i like the anime. If i love it so much like Princess Connect last season, i don't have any patience to wait, so i watch it asap after it is aired in japan.

If it is something i'm not interested that much or somehow lost interest after watching 1st episode of it, i can bear to binge it after several episodes or after its ended.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Jul 8, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2014

yah and nope
lol
actually i just picked those that i find interesting and those that I have watched the prequel/s to watch in weekly manner... the others I just binge the whole season or the whole series.

Jul 8, 2020 11:40 PM

Nov 2016
I was an avid seasonal watcher for the past 2 years or so. Watched 10 anime at least every season. After last season though I decided to give it a break indefinitely whilst I break through my enormous PTW list.
Jul 8, 2020 11:43 PM

Apr 2013
I only watch seasonals I'm really really interested in, like Shingeki no Kyojin. Everything else I'm just waiting to finish before watching.
Jul 8, 2020 11:50 PM

May 2020
raferi said:
for me it actually depends on my personal hype/interest or the first episode. If I have to choose one it'd be watching them weekly because I can avoid spoilers that way and u can be up to date with what the community is on about

real talk, Is u floor gang tho?

yeah avoiding sopiler is tuff, especially if your friends are watching it weekly too,
big PP to you man.. Floor gang ough!

Jul 9, 2020 12:02 AM

Mar 2016
I never ever watch anything on a week to week basis. My memory is shit and sometimes I forget things even when I binge a series (for example Danganronpa – I watched it in one day and literally forgot the character who was mastermind existed and at the end when everyone was like oh shit I was sincerely perplexed because I just had no idea WHY they're so surprised).

So even if I'm really REALLY interested in something or even if it's I spent years waiting for I will wait until it finishes airing. I tried watching from week to week a few times but it just never worked for me. And the same goes for manga – I only read completed things (with a few exceptions like Berserk or Kingdom but with both I just stopped reading once I caught up).
Jul 9, 2020 12:34 AM

Jun 2012
I just watch it weekly as it airs. Sometimes, I'll wait for the first three episodes at least when I'm in doubt.The so called 3 episode rule.
Jul 9, 2020 12:49 AM

Dec 2018
I try to watch them weekly but I generally fall behind quite easily. So in practice I watch about half the series weekly then i binge the rest.
Jul 9, 2020 12:50 AM

May 2018
Not a big fan of binge watching...Yes, I like to watch a lot of stuff in one sitting but I prefer it being from several different titles.

And yes, some titles are more suitable/enjoyable for/with binge watching but I am not sure what my criterium is...maybe the slower paced ones?
Jul 9, 2020 12:51 AM

May 2020
NamikazeHime said:
I usually just wait until it ends. I make an exception only if I'm really interested in the series.

is it the opposite tho? bcs ur interested in the series you kinda want to cherish it and wait until the end so you can get the whole package right away? i dunno lol

CakeMan-kun said:
For me watching weekly is always better as it is more manageable because I have a lot of school shit to do

yeah that's true.. we grow older and busier. but it's quarantine and i'm on my college break so i'm farming anime like 24/7 now awokwowkwk

Mod edit: Merged double post. Please use the edit button.
MrZawaJul 9, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 9, 2020 12:53 AM

Mar 2018
for me its easier to mange watching it every week but sometimes ill slack on watching then just wait for it to end to binge watch.
"Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."
Jul 9, 2020 12:54 AM

May 2020
gwendal738 said:
I almost never watch seasonal anime as they air; I think the only exception I've made for this rule was Banana Fish. If the plot really compels me to, that's the only time I really watch seasonals as they air. Otherwise, I binge it... sometime in the future, haha. There's still a lot of anime I have to go through...

yeah me too man,, there's a lot series i want to hurry up and watch ya feel me?

Pylia said:
I watch, however, I'm in the mood, or I've got the time to watch the shows the way I do.
As a result, I'll follow the seasonals in whatever 'format' possible, from weekly, biweekly, a random number of episodes every few weeks, binging it at the half, or after it finished airing.

kinda agree on that, some shows better to watch weekly and some shows worth the wait. there's no exact format in here, just how do you feel like it how you want to enjoy it, the important thing is you enjoy watching it regardless the method

Mod edit: Merged double post. Please use the edit button.
MrZawaJul 9, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 9, 2020 1:05 AM

Nov 2018
Sometimes, i tend to binge watch it after it had aired and sometimes i watch it weekly. It mainly depends on my mood tbh.
Jul 9, 2020 1:10 AM
Jun 2020
When it truly comes to it I enjoy binging anime. It just comes easier for me and is exciting to be focused on one thing for the day and to enjoy the ending without having to wait. On the other hand, there are just some shows that are interesting throughout every single episode, so there are some anime that I might watch weekly. Also, it's less of a chance for my schedule if I do that. Spreading it all out really helps when it comes to things that are actually productive. I'm definitely looking forward to Summer anime and hope that Corona Beers won't be that big of an effect on anime production.
Jul 9, 2020 1:13 AM

Jul 2019
Not anymore, I used to keep up with all the seasonals and watch like 20 animes at a time but now, I can barely stick to one show. It just gets annoying waiting one whole week for another episode because I'll start to lose interest. And, they keep coming up with different genres that I'm not really into so I don't even watch them after they're done airing. I just want the generic 12 episode school romance slice of life animes back
Jul 9, 2020 1:22 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
I can't even imagine how u could enjoy watching 1 episode per week. Especially in the case of favorite ones, it was experience which u clearly can't enjoy with 1 week break everytime.
Jul 9, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2019
Jetkuy said:
NamikazeHime said:
I usually just wait until it ends. I make an exception only if I'm really interested in the series.

is it the opposite tho? bcs ur interested in the series you kinda want to cherish it and wait until the end so you can get the whole package right away? i dunno lol

Nope, I usually don't have enough dedication to follow anime week to week (that's why I usually binge watch it), so my way of cherishing it is my dedication to follow it week to week.
Jul 9, 2020 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
What I do is that I check out the first 1 or 2 episodes of all the shows I am going to watch every season and if I think the show is good, then I follow it weekly. But if I don't like the show, then I wait for it to end, so if it gets better or something. And if don't like the show at all, then instadrop.
Jul 9, 2020 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
I wait until the season ends and watch the most intereating ones. In the meantime, I watch old stuff.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 9, 2020 2:16 AM

Dec 2017
I really can't stand waiting every week in order to watch just an episode, I guess it would be even a bit confusing cause I would be watching something like 6/7 series at the same time.

Talking about 2-cours sequels, instead, I wait for the first 12 episodes to be released and then I watch them, then waiting again for the other 12 ones. (e.g. Boku no Hero Academia)

Jul 9, 2020 2:24 AM
May 2015
It's a mixture for me. I'll have as much interesting animes to watch as I can while they are (usually around 10, give or take some). That way I usually have something new to watch everyday, and in my time outside of that, I'll either hard binge something if I really like it (i.e - re:zero, steins;gate, Fairy Tail) or slow watch something (i.e - Durarara, Boogiepop).
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jul 9, 2020 2:25 AM

May 2014
I always watch seasonal shows weekly. No way can i sit and wait months until it's finished.
Jul 9, 2020 2:30 AM

Apr 2020
if i enjoy it i watch it immediately
if not so, i watch all pending episodes every 3 weeks

Jul 9, 2020 2:31 AM

Feb 2020
If it's an anime that's new and not talked about, then I don't mind watching after it's done airing. But it's hard to binge-watch smthing like Re:Zero or AoT sequels when there's massive following and huge risk to spoilers. So, I usually watch weekly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2020 2:33 AM
Aug 2018
I watch the first episodes of my most anticipated stuff and wait until the season ends to binge it. Reason is I'm never in the same kind of mood every week to watch something. So either I binge something in 1-2 days or it goes in the eternal on-hold and drop list.
Jul 9, 2020 2:54 AM

May 2020
maxchooo said:
I definitely prefer waiting and then binging, because I will forget details if I watch weekly. I think it's a lot easier to digest an anime via binging than watching it over a 3 or 6 month period.

For this season, I have a lot of shows that I plan to see, and I've basically sorted them into two halves of weekly watching and waiting. For example, I'm gonna watch the new SAO while airing but I'm waiting for about 6 months for Re:Zero S2 to finish airing. Since I don't care about SAO that much, I'd rather watch it weekly, while something like Re:Zero where details matter a lot would be best for me to binge. Also, I need to rewatch S1 anyways, and this gives me time to do so.

You also have to consider whether you want to risk encountering spoilers. People often talk about airing anime, so you might spoil yourself if you wait for a show to air, especially if you have friends who are watching weekly.

As for other methods, the only thing I can think of is waiting for about half of a show to air, then for example watching it at a steady pace so there's less time to wait between episodes. I did this for Rising of the Shield Hero.

yeah bro, kinda agree on that. in the meantime there's a lot of show that i havent watched yet. rezero s1 is so much fun bcs i was late to the anime wolrd therefore i can binge watch it till the end

Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I just watch it weekly as it airs. Sometimes, I'll wait for the first three episodes at least when I'm in doubt.The so called 3 episode rule.

i heard about this term before, but it doesn't work with all shows right? some shows gets better in the middle.

Raideroz-nim said:
I can't even imagine how u could enjoy watching 1 episode per week. Especially in the case of favorite ones, it was experience which u clearly can't enjoy with 1 week break everytime.

depends on the series really. i binged watched kaguya sama s1, i really liked the show. for s2 i watch it weekly and the enjoyment and the hype it's there also, well that's just me...

Floppa said:
I really can't stand waiting every week in order to watch just an episode, I guess it would be even a bit confusing cause I would be watching something like 6/7 series at the same time.

Talking about 2-cours sequels, instead, I wait for the first 12 episodes to be released and then I watch them, then waiting again for the other 12 ones. (e.g. Boku no Hero Academia)

thanks for the suggestion, might try this method where you watch a bunch of the ep, wait for another nuch to come and watch it again

Mod edit: Merged multiple posts. Please use the edit button.
MrZawaJul 9, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 9, 2020 3:13 AM

Jul 2019
not gonna lie, watching seasonals kinda sucks, because i end up watching so much. what i am planning to do is watch the first few episodes weekly, and then get to about episode 3/4 and wait for episode 10/11 so i can just binge it, from there i just wait for the last episode like everyone else.
Jul 9, 2020 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
As I said many times in other similar threads, I prefer watching seasonal, so definitely 1st option for me (keeping up with it weekly).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2020 3:51 AM

May 2012
I always wait for the season to end and then binge the series that I'm interested in but this results in times where I'm interested in a series but just don't get around to watching it because I don't set aside time to binge it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2020 3:56 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Jetkuy said:
Raideroz-nim said:

depends on the series really. i binged watched kaguya sama s1, i really liked the show. for s2 i watch it weekly and the enjoyment and the hype it's there also, well that's just me...

Well, it's just 12 episodes comedy with no complex story, so I guess that's natural. But let's take for example Steins;Gate or something like Shingeki no Kyojin and then things are different.
Jul 9, 2020 3:58 AM

Dec 2015
This is how I do it.

I start with everything I think is bad and watching 1-3 ep's per show each day.
After I have gone through everything I thought was bad I start something I think is good.

Sometimes when I start I show i think it's bad, I can be wrong. if I'm wrong I normal watch the show in one go.

Jul 9, 2020 4:12 AM

Sep 2017
I watch them weekly

It creates a nice schedule throughout the week
Jul 9, 2020 4:17 AM

Jun 2016
I always watch a few weekly, but I also binge watch some afterwards.
Why is there no "both" option? :(
rip.
Jul 9, 2020 4:19 AM

Jun 2020
I prefer keeping up with it weekly because binging takes a lot of time. Sure, binging is fun, but keeping up with it weekly gives you a feeling of hype. I'm fairly active in Reddit and its impossible to avoid spoilers if you use Reddit and don't keep up with the show. That's why I prefer keeping up with it weekly.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 9, 2020 4:23 AM

Jun 2017
I watch seasonals like this: Watch the first ep of anything that seems not bad (or better I should say avoid "fujo bait/fujoshi" and game adaptations and then at least watch some minutes of anything else) then drop the uninteresting ones and watch some more episodes for the ones I doubt I will like it or not and finally I decide to complete an anime or not (though in some cases I drop an anime after episode 6+)
For the ones I decided to complete them I want to watch them weekly but usually other than short anime I don't watch them weekly and waiting for them to end
Jul 9, 2020 5:09 AM

Feb 2019
pretty random. depends on what i feel like at the time regardless of how good the show actually is. I usually watch at least the first couple episodes as they come out. sometimes I take multiple seasons before i get back to it.
Jul 9, 2020 5:12 AM

Jun 2012
Jetkuy said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

i heard about this term before, but it doesn't work with all shows right? some shows gets better in the middle.
Yeah, I don't exactly follow it by that standard, sometimes I'll drop it after the first 10 minutes or 2nd to the last episode or whatever number but the point is I'll still drop it but it's fine. If that anime really had the potential, sooner or later I'll hear about it somewhere so I could just go back again. But if it simply just don't have any value, then I lose nothing.
Jul 9, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2020
I always wait until it is over. Regardless of how much I want to see it. I have tried weekly but I much prefer enjoying an entire season all at once. This season Oregairu I will watch it all at once make a night out of it. Pizza and such and just binge the 3-4 hours. I have tons of other anime I want to watch that I can binge until it is all done. Shokugeki will be the same. I may even rewatch the entire series for each since they are both done for sure since they will both be caught up to source material which for both is done.
Jul 9, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2016
Depends on how much I enjoy the first ep, if it's fine I might do either of them, if it was really good I'll watch weekly and if it was so good that I can't wait to see what's next I jump into the manga. It has mostly been that last one recently.
JoyBoy_316Jul 9, 2020 5:25 AM
Jul 9, 2020 5:24 AM
Apr 2014
I have been watching shows weekly since 2012... It worked fine for me in many years as I can spend on other stuff like work or school, then on the evening, I can relax with some weekly shows to wind down with. I am also very impatient and want to see more as soon as possible, so waiting for the final episode to air in order to binge-watch takes too long for me to wait for when I am hyped AF for new seasons to air.

Altough nowdays, I got more time to binge older shows and starts clearing off my PTW list...
Jul 9, 2020 5:56 AM

May 2020
Lurker said:
I always watch a few weekly, but I also binge watch some afterwards.
Why is there no "both" option? :(

awokwowkwk sorry, i thought about it the main choices it's either you binge it or watch it weekly... (to make it simpler)
well i guess your counts as other methods
p.s i'm new to this hehe

Jul 9, 2020 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
I prefer watching it weekly as I did when I first got into anime in 2010.. but I stopped watching anime for a while, so at the moment I choose to wait until the airing shows ended first while binging on the shows I missed.
Jul 9, 2020 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
depend on series actuallly..
if it adaptation from a manga that i already read i will watch it weekly,,otherwise i marathon it later after finished furthermore if the series has a heavy story
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - 1 hour ago

5 by CareBear »»
9 minutes ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - May 10

95 by Mishiia »»
11 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - 8 hours ago

9 by Dokisensei »»
14 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

116 by logopolis »»
14 minutes ago

» Why was Magic Knight Rayearth overshadowed by Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of popularity?

funtime43_tr - 9 hours ago

10 by tchitchouan »»
60 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.