Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 5, 2020 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
of course he's op because fuck you why not?
Jul 5, 2020 3:43 PM

Apr 2013
I blinked and was halfway through the story.
Jul 5, 2020 5:26 PM

Nov 2017
the characters are bland af and the pacing is ridiculous. fr these main characters could just be background characters, not even side characters but background. The overpowered stuff was satisfying and funny and he is quite good looking but thats about it so far...

plz @ me
Jul 5, 2020 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
Nice episode. The MC is OP asf. Nothing to add.

Jul 5, 2020 8:07 PM
Mar 2020
hmm overalll very good the mc are op graphic are lit characters are beautiful i hope Th e ending will be good aswell aslo has a romance scene
Jul 5, 2020 8:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
This is bad and retarded but man that was also entertaining. I laughed a lot at heartbeat scene, that one was ridiculous lmao
DatRandomDudeJul 5, 2020 8:21 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 5, 2020 8:18 PM

Dec 2018
Andypin said:
Can anyone confirm if the mc's mom is voiced by toyosaki aki? She sounded awfully like Ristarte (Cautious Hero)

yes I screenshot end credit then translate it in the app
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jul 5, 2020 11:32 PM

Dec 2017
I thought this was gonna be pretty boring for a generic type anime, but I really enjoyed it. Hopefully it won't get boring.
Jul 6, 2020 1:32 AM
May 2015
It was an ok start.

Jul 6, 2020 1:47 AM

Oct 2019
So for people that do not know. I for one do not know how much studios try to take from something like the manga and try to incorporate it into the show. Just to state facts, this one episode is essentially 2 chapters with about 50-55 pages each. Of course, much of the content is either condensed, taken away, or Swapped with other events.
AS I have stated, I do not know if I would have liked the anime if I hadn't read the manga or not. Personally, I do not know if Silver Link is afraid that they can't fit the whole story into 13 episodes or not. I just feel that the first episode would have been better had they just done the first chapter and just extend the animation.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 6, 2020 4:57 AM

Jun 2015
Well it was interesting. I wonder if the story will be about the MC being the rebirth of the new demon lord or not. He nuked the royalty while barely blinking and also recruited a new wife who clearly has immense power also. As the first of the new season Ive watched so far I'm interested.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 6, 2020 7:39 AM
Aug 2017
Huh, the skipped the first few chapters where they show him facing the hero 2000 years ago and the deal they make. Shame as it helped characterisation And his reincarnation was only mentioned in passing.
Overall a solid adaptation though.

Advice to anyone reading: Don't expect too much from it. It's not some deconstruction of the whole magic school anime, just a fun entertaining one with a confident Chad as MC. It's nothing deep just something fun to watch.
Jul 6, 2020 9:16 AM

Sep 2015
Notifications said:
yeah alot of the stuff isnt the same as in the manga (idk about light novel). The fights are way cooler tho and i wish we got to see the talking baby Anos/ Arnos / whatever his name is cause it keeps changing.

Yeah I wanna see more of the parents and their "SASUGA ARNOS-CHAN" stuff. They're the best manga parents I've ever seen. Idiot pervert Dad and worry-wart doting mom, absolutely adorable.
Jul 6, 2020 11:05 AM

Feb 2020
I just Love Demons and OP characters!!!

Demon King enters the chat*

It was a joke. Wasn't it funny?
The world has changed quite a bit from 2000 Years ago. Interesting
Jul 6, 2020 11:32 AM
Dec 2018
OKEY!

This was better than some over rated korean shit adoption ,ngl
But I feel like they rushed with the events , like we've already had 3 fights in one episode technically
And I kinda felt like there is no built up in between the scenes or the way the story progressed ,yeah i know its only one episode in

HYPED .... YEA!
Jul 6, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2017
I remember the source material starting out in a completely different manner. Not sure if I liked how they portrayed Misha. Turned her into a generic shy heroine that follows around MC. Her character development wae different in the LN if I remember correctly.
Jul 6, 2020 2:57 PM

May 2015
Looks to be just dumb fun, which I'm fine with
Jul 6, 2020 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
even though i've read the manga n WN but somehow feeling unsure if i should watch this
but 1 thing i need to say the WN is decent at best,so if they did it right with the adaptation,the anime might be decent as well
Jul 6, 2020 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
It's pretty basic so far, and there wasn't much information conveyed so I was confused as to why a lot of things were happening. I'll give it the next episode.

I see this going where Anos learns to live in the current world over actual magic fights. A pure action show with a protagonist this OP could get boring really fast.
Jul 7, 2020 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
It's so fucking fast paced that I don't know what to even say.
Jul 7, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2014
Oh boy that is a really disappointing start

I'm not optimistic about this anime !!
Jul 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
At the beginning, the white-haired came to challenge Anos, but he was killed and resurrected again and again. I almost had pity on him. Then I was shocked by the setting that even the heart beat can attack. (゚O゚)

When testing the power, Anos got a 0 because his power was too high. Then he answered all the questions wrong, which made him judged as a misfit. (T▽T) (Did someone change the history secretly, so Anos gave all the wrong answers? Is it the final boss?)

After that, he brought his girl friend Misha to his house. What made me feel incredible was the acceptance of his parents. Their son is only one month old, but has been so powerful? ps: The mother is kawaii! カワ(・∀・)イイ!!

After dinner, the white-haired came with his brother and wanted to crucify our shujinkou, but his brother killed him first…… This time I thought the white-haired was going to die, but he was resurrected again. ( ´▽`) From here we can see that Anos is very kind and attaches great importance to family ties.

At last, Anos has finally learned that he is judged as a misfit. What will he act later? I am looking forward to his later performance. o(^o^)o

Generally speaking, this anime is not bad. It is suitable for watching after work. It can make me feel relaxed and can also be used to kill time.

Jul 7, 2020 9:11 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Nothing new here, DROPPED.
Jul 7, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2012
I watched the first episode which, honestly was fine for what it is. Then I read the synopsis and noticed how the information described there, wasn't really conveyed all that well (if at all). So it feels to me like they skip through a bunch of the exposition.
Jul 7, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2010
its a "ok anime" worth see
this season so weak, i miss 2011-2014 times
Jul 7, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2018
Stark700 got beaten to the punch for once lol. Anyways that was a good first episode, even though it was basically Demon Lord MC showing off his powers
Jul 7, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
Very promising start. I looked at the poster at first and thought: "Yeah, here comes your typical isekai/fantasy show that's gonna be mediocre and full of cliches".

However, unexpectedly not a single thing annoyed me in the first episode. Overpowered antihero who is not afraid to be violent, but also does not seem to be evil at root? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

Also I really like the artstyle and the animation.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2020 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
billybub said:
Looks to be just dumb fun, which I'm fine with

Yeah I thin this one could be a good fun show to watch each week.
Jul 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Oct 2019
Suitedup said:
I watched the first episode which, honestly was fine for what it is. Then I read the synopsis and noticed how the information described there, wasn't really conveyed all that well (if at all). So it feels to me like they skip through a bunch of the exposition.

Yep, thats what quite a few people and myself have been complaining about. But, hey, if people can enjoy it as is, kudos to them.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 8, 2020 3:28 AM
Mar 2018
Damn, son! It was far worse than I thought it would be. The utter trash.
Jul 8, 2020 7:29 AM
Apr 2014
Damn!!

I had no expectations yet they failed with the story, pacing, and timing compared to the Manga. I know it is based on the LN/WN but the manga did it all the better, and did not skip the prologue.

Only good thing so far is the Animation.

Some Anime it might be better without the Prologue, but not this one. The prologue explains so much in a short time. Yet they waste time showing him sit in a goddamn chair to wait for the first battle or showing Misha as someone noone cares about, as a tragic figure or something.

And the pacing and atmosphere do not live up to how the material is nor how Arnos the character is.
Jul 8, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2009
Wonderful parents, especially Aki Toyosaki mama.
QPR said:
That was an insta drop for me, totally cliched and an overpowered character battle shonen.

It's not battle shounen. It's LNshit.
RebelPanda said:
Akashik Records + Irregular at Magical School + Kenja no Mago + Assassin's Pride = This copypasted derivative sludge.

It's nothing like Rokudenashi and Assassin's Pride - MC isn't a teacher nor loli is protagonist.
bastek66Jul 8, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 8, 2020 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Generic as hell, but at least they did two things to offset it some. They had the good sense to make the OP protagonist alpha as could be, instead of some self insert avatar kun. And they inserted some comedy into it. so you don't need to take it seriously.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 8, 2020 5:23 PM

Oct 2018
not bad, but i do wish they didnt skip the explanations in the beginning. it would have been nice to some people who were confused (aka my friends). the mom did explain some stuff, so i guess the skipping is fine. i do get a small feeling of "the irregular at magic high school" but it's still different in its own way, i guess. hopefully this will turn out nicely.

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘫𝘢𝘺
Jul 8, 2020 6:54 PM

Dec 2018
>kills a man using his heartbeat
WTF, this is hilarious????
Jul 8, 2020 10:34 PM
Jan 2017
very good opening episode..
the MC was very overpowed like the Devil king was..
and yes the Torture and the cold Expression was cool too. i hope its not breaks by the harem genre..
Jul 8, 2020 11:34 PM
Apr 2020
Great premiere episode! What an OP MC! Animation and art are both good. I'll probably like the other female MC with a pigtail, she looks cool and powerful. It's also great coz it has some comedic parts. The Demon King got a cross-shaped score, will probably bring misfit. Haha

Jul 9, 2020 6:16 AM
Jul 2015
Whoa, this was absolute garbage, not too far of a shot from the manga either. How this was even greenlit is beyond me. I can only hope the score for this series drops so that innocent people will be spared of this shitstain.
Jul 9, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2011
Weird pacing imo, let's see how next episode goes.
Was anime really a mistake tho
Jul 9, 2020 8:26 AM
Mar 2020
This is such a bad show but ill keep watching it bc i cant only watch good shows.
Jul 9, 2020 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
I think this will be nice just to pass the time, one episode per week will be fine. Let's see, but I don't think it'll become something very good.
Jul 9, 2020 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
Sigh. Where do I even start.
Like don't misunderstand me, I fucking love the manga. But what is this adaptation even?

Changing character design is fine, but why did they remove Anoth's monologue is beyond me. Like most of funny shit is 90% from Anoth's monologue and removing it makes him looks unnecessarily edgy.

Also, are they really going to skip Anoth's reincarnation and growing up? I really hope they don't cause this trash is going to be in garbage if they don't include that scene.
Jul 9, 2020 5:25 PM

Nov 2013
RebelPanda said:
Why does the mom look like one of his classmates? She fawns over him even more than the other girls.

she said he is one month old but he looks like 20 years...so it's normal for the mom to look like them if she is also 20-25 ... i guess?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 9, 2020 6:13 PM
Apr 2020
*sigh*
I'd say ... They really ruined the adaptation. This is soo baad in comparison to its Manga version.

Art wise, it probably follows Light Novel design but for those who have read the manga, they'll realize that manga design is far wayyyyyyyyyy betterr no doubt

The pacing is weirdly a bit too fast. There are way more details in manga version that makes it a lot differents to your usual generic school fantasy storyline.

Lastly, they litereally CHANGED the PoV from Anos to using 3rd person PoV. It makes the story so empty because Anos' monologue is also what makes the story great. All in all, I feel like Im gonna cry from seeing how badly its adapted.
Jul 10, 2020 1:30 AM
Mar 2008
I am a Manga reader, so some things were weird for me - but I can't complain about the animation and the voices, it's exactly as I imagined them.

If you have any interest, the art in the manga is also fantastic, the girls are even cuter and the boys more handsome.
Jul 10, 2020 2:34 AM

Jun 2019
Okay so the MC is OP as hell. Misha is adorable but a quiet one. MC's parents are awesome and cheerful. LOl. BTW the MC is only 1 month old. Story and episode 1 was eh... Nothing too extraordinary to be hyped up about.
Jul 10, 2020 7:48 AM
Jun 2015
43 hate vote again and we will have equal vote between hate and loved it
Jul 11, 2020 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
oh! overpowered MC again huh...Let's see...
4/5.

Jul 11, 2020 2:38 AM

Nov 2018
If its just 2 girls i dont realy see a problem with this, aside from it feeling kind of generic...1 month old, does that make the girl a pedophile?
Jul 11, 2020 3:26 AM

Jul 2020
ahhhh atlast an anime where mc is badass,strong as hell capable of destroying anyone who come in his way that to demon lord and it was more entertaning than i thought. gonna keep watching for now
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Finally a protagonist who....

Sch4n - Yesterday

17 by Uruichi »»
Today, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

279 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 26, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.