Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 4, 2020 4:54 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The pre-air is online, both in Japan and simultaneously on YT via Muse Asia:

Foreword: PLEASE USE HEADPHONES, don't say I never warned you. HEHEH xD

Animated by ARVO Animation and directed by the in-house director for "We Never Learn! Bokuben", which is decent at best.

First impressions, a less lewd Monster Musume with a touch of the style of Interspecies Reviewers, but isn't borderline hentai (and is still "lewd" in its own right).

A doctor and his Lamia assistant, along with the myriad of species to prescribe diagnosis to.

So far, looks like this'll be an episodic series on different species every episode, that's for certain on the setting.

A good start, if you want more of Monster Musume, I'd think.

NOTE: Episode 2 comes out on regular broadcasting timing: July 19th!
KANLen09Jul 19, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 4, 2020 5:06 AM

Apr 2014
headphone could be necessary because someone might be misunderstand about what you watching from those sound. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 4, 2020 5:12 AM
Oct 2019
Hmmm,awesome anime.
Jul 4, 2020 5:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
@KANLen09 God bless Muse Asia!

I'm a little late to the party, it seems. Originally, I'd no plans of watching this since I figured it'd be very similar to Monster Musume no Nichijou and I didn't happen to be a fan of that but (courtesy to Muse Asia picking this up) this was slightly better than I expected. Hence, a fine watch.

Noticed a lot of CGI use for some of the monsters and action scenes so here's to hoping this won't drop too much in terms of quality. Animation Quality, overall, didn't seem to be as crisp as Bokuben's but it isn't too bad either, I suppose.

Good thing my wireless headphones had just about enough charge to see me through that "medical operation", lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure I've seen this artstyle in some Hentai.
Probably in Bunnywalker's.
Anyone else?

Jul 4, 2020 7:28 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Apparently, its out on Crunchyroll too so shout out to them for giving this to us early. It seems like an episodic show where the doctor treats a different case with a different monster girl and her assistant get jealous when he gets additional attention.
Jul 4, 2020 7:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
eh... so far the Lamia waifu material but not really feeling the Centaur, unfortunately everyone is probably gonna have to compare this to the first Monster Musume even if unrelated
Jul 4, 2020 8:03 AM

Jun 2017
Piromysl said:
Probably in Bunnywalker's.
Anyone else?

If it isnt Shiny breasts,it isnt bunnywalker
Jul 4, 2020 8:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha to be honest it was enjoyable mostly thanks to the lamia girl, she's madly in love with the doctor that's cute xD
The centaur was also cute, they all love the doctor wtf.
I'm just a bit disappointed by the art, it looks meh :/
Jul 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Reminds me of Monster Musume with less fan service.

Crunchyroll also has this anime for Westerns with subs so if you want to watch that version. As far as I'm concerned, I think it's an entertaining start with the variety of characters introduced already.

Jul 4, 2020 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
Damn.. I was playing it on full sound bit then I realized, In the first 15 seconds that there's gonna be lot of moaning and stuff in this anime.
Good first episode. Not too much fanservice so far. And MC is nice too. Definitely, giving me Monster Musume vibes.
Jul 4, 2020 8:39 AM
Apr 2016
hmm i m really dispointed. The animation isn t very good, there s no comedy and the characters are rip off from monster musume. The lamia is the jealous main companion, the horse girl has giant breasts, i could almost guess what other characters we will encounter next.

I m not gonna watch the next episodes
Jul 4, 2020 9:00 AM

Mar 2019
I thought more "things" gonna happen after the frist scene actually. I wish more would happen...
somehow a little different to see horses with really four legs (in others like Uma Musume:Pretty Derby they also have two)...
But it was a fine start still...maybe (hopefully) even more fanservice
Jul 4, 2020 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Personally I consider only inferior versions as "rip-off".
Jul 4, 2020 9:16 AM

Mar 2010
I enjoy a good doctor show, reminds me of dr. house and how he tries to figure stuff out. Ofc not much can come close personality, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 4, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
Really great premise, Saphee reminds me of Miia so much and she's as adorable as her too. The fanservice was not over the top which was for the better imo. Artsyle and animation was good too so hopefully this anime will turn out great and won't dissapoint like Ishuzoku reviewers which was a hentai and quite gross to boot.

Tisalia was cute and funny. She was so scared of getting those shoes XD. Also wow we ate already getting mermaid girl in next epi.
Jul 4, 2020 9:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A doctor story and he observed the monster? Okay. Interesting shit. And nice sounds in the beginning as a therapy to rehabilitate my dumb mind. Idk what happen to the relations between the war between human and monster ended up with the doctor storyline. I found it funny. So far the conversation was okay. The character had a nice personality, especially with that snake assistant. Wtf she was jealous? Just locked him up and killed him already! But, no.

The amount of ecchiness was desperately too little, rather than listening some awkward sounds of sensitivity. Otherwise, nothing happen. The doctor habit was indeed normal, not labelled as perverted too. So, i guessed, It needs more time to glued more of their storyline to me. So, yeah, as always, i expected some shit happen in the near future....

Ah, unfortunately, i found some glitch on the reptile monster fighter movement at 22:04. A pretty good material to laugh in the middle of the night xD
badabassJul 4, 2020 10:03 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2016
Very good first episode and wow that scene at the start, he is diligent even in a situation like that.
Jul 4, 2020 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
Man I've been looking forward to this solely because it's the first anime I've ever watched where I've read the source material already. That being said it had been a long while since I've read the first LN so I just skimmed through to see how this was adapted.

I'd say it was pretty good. They adapted the first of 4 chapters in volume 1. Nothing major was cut. Just some world building and some minor dialogue, but all the scenes are there. I feel like Sapphee grilled Glenn far more in the novel for how he makes girls moan by being too rough in his examinations but w/e. Also it was a lot more fanservice-y when she grabbed Glenn with her tail in the LN.

They subtly introduced the cyclops girl Meme this ep when I'm pretty she doesn't come up till volume 3 or something. The big cyclops dudes are there, but she just wasn't tagging along.

Anyway looks like next ep will be chapter 2 of the LN based on the title. Guessing they will probably do volume 1 over the next 4 eps.
Jul 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Sep 2017
Daver_ said:
So far it seems incredibly generic. Animation seemed to be lacking in some screens. Characters are bland. It’s ecchi, but only to the extent that moans are used for non-sexual scenes. It also ears to be an episodic series where the doctor treats a different monster each week. Hopefully it gets better, but it probably won’t.

Yeah I mean it's a pretty average ecchi overall, but it won't be episodic. The first volume of the LN spends most of its chapters introducing the main monster girls that will be showing up throughout, but after that the volumes follow more cohesive story arcs.
Jul 4, 2020 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
Don't look at sensei

She not worth your times

Look at sapphie

Breast are temporarily

But snake waifu is forever

Jul 4, 2020 10:28 AM

Nov 2016
The concept is good, but I'm not quite sold on the series yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
Looks to be another dumpster fire I will still binge for no reason. The closest will get to Monster Musume Season 2.
Jul 4, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Ecchi with easy fan service and comedy I can actually enjoy (compared to a certain anime released yesterday), with a naive young doctor, his serpent nurse-assistant and a lot monster girls waiting in line for getting his seed, I mean patients to be attended.
I didn't finished Monster Musume, series which this one was compared to, but after watching maybe I could pick it up again.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 4, 2020 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
She may be assistant, but she's no nurse. She is full-fledged doctor (as she noted in this very episode).

Although she is specialized on pharmaceutics and drugs rather then diagnostic side of medicine .
Jul 4, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
Blehg. That was a bit a drudge for 20 minutes.

Canned animation, questionable CG, and the dialogue was dry and banal. Some of the more fan service-y scenes had a bit more care to them, but not much. And it was weak fan service, too. Even the plot was really...bland.

I look forward to the fan art, but the anime has no life in it. The only laugh I got out of it was at the lizard girl's "fight" scene CG.
Jul 4, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
Oh great, jaz great, another Monmosu kind of anime.
Jul 4, 2020 12:07 PM
Feb 2019
I think I put my expectation too high on this. So quite disappointed.
The main protag has weak character & persona, I guess it would never be a problem if he doesn't make any appearance on the entire 24-min length episode. Because, what I saw on the first episode, the main attraction of this show (what make it interesting) is definetely the monster girl not the doctor, well obviously. For me, he is one of the most low-tier harem protag, I hope I'm wrong.

The animation quality is overally not too bad but not at the level I'd expected. I feel off at some part especially, the animation when Tisalia practicing joust. She literally looks like walking off the screen.

Gonna lowering my expectation and see if I still interested on this on the future.
Jul 4, 2020 12:46 PM

Feb 2007
Piromysl said:

Original LN art by Z-ton, so yeah... :D
Jul 4, 2020 1:23 PM

Feb 2019
I was expecting it to be a little different of monster musume, but this is too much like monster musume and that is very bad
Jul 4, 2020 1:33 PM
Nov 2019
Thank god I had my headphones on while watching this....

VA's doing a fine job over mediocre animation and a borderline crap plot.

You can't beat the original MM.

2/5 - will give it a few more ep. in case it improves.
Jul 4, 2020 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
This is very wholesome
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Nov 2015
I liked the fanservice more than i thought i would. The thing is, the comedy is ok but the characters are lame. I won't expect anything better than what they already presented.

i guess it will be a 5.5~6/10 for the rest of the show.
Jul 4, 2020 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually surprised how much I like Sapphie so far. I feel as though other monster girls will grow on me more but I still liked Sapphie. Dr. Glenn is sort of cool. I like him so far.

I like the premise. This will be a Keeper.

That face though <3
SoraSenpaiJul 4, 2020 3:37 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 4, 2020 4:01 PM

Oct 2014
This premiere felt like Umamusume if it were a raunchy harem.
Jul 4, 2020 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
A very good doctor honestly.
Jul 4, 2020 4:50 PM
Nov 2019
Pretty average when it comes to first episodes. Though the protagonist so far seems to be lacking a lot, all we know is that he's a monster doctor but doesn't show much of his personality (very average) unlike Saphee. She displays much more info about her as a character through her jealousy and clinginess towards the protagonist while maintaining her professionalism as a doctor as well. Compared to Miia art-wise, Saphee looks better as a lamia, in my opinion. Animation is decent but you can clearly see that they cut some corners. Pacing of the story wass better than I expected. Still looking forward to see how things develop with introduction of new monster girls. 3/5
Jul 4, 2020 5:15 PM
Aug 2018
Wow! This show is legit fucking trash. I mean, it obviously wasn't going to be good... as soon as I realized it was some ecchi bullshit where literally every single girl falls madly in love with a generic MC so basement-dwelling neckbeards can live vicariously through the anime, that was apparent...

But did anybody notice 21:58 - 22:05? The absolute most egregious part?! The lizardwoman the centaur is battling is just randomly moving side to side while walking backwards... and then all of a sudden, she starts running forward (from a dead stop, I might add... I thought she was moving backwards just a few frames ago?) and has a random spasm at 22:04...

Do you all understand what just happened?

She's supposed to be dodging the centaur's lance. They just forgot to animate the fucking lance in.

Absolute dumpster fire. This show is bad, and anyone who likes it should definitely feel bad. I'd give it a 0/10 if I could.
vardavarrJul 4, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 4, 2020 6:31 PM
Jun 2017
nice first episode..
Jul 4, 2020 6:53 PM
May 2018
Wow! This show is legit fucking trash. I mean, it obviously wasn't going to be good... as soon as I realized it was some ecchi bullshit where literally every single girl falls madly in love with a generic MC so basement-dwelling neckbeards can live vicariously through the anime, that was apparent...

But did anybody notice 21:58 - 22:05? The absolute most egregious part?! The lizardwoman the centaur is battling is just randomly moving side to side while walking backwards... and then all of a sudden, she starts running forward (from a dead stop, I might add... I thought she was moving backwards just a few frames ago?) and has a random spasm at 22:04...

She's supposed to be dodging the centaur's lance. They just forgot to animate the fucking lance in.

Absolute dumpster fire. This show is bad, and anyone who likes it should definitely feel bad. I'd give it a 0/10 if I could.

Yes, there are problems with the animation, but you should never make up your mind about anime by watching only one episode.
Jul 4, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
There were points during this where I just kept thinking "is this legal? like, can a doctor do that to a patient?"

I know it's just an excuse to feel up monster girls in a semi-realistic circumstance, but I actually would've liked it more without the medical angle to it. Couldn't get through the first episode, but I hope others find it enjoyable!
Jul 4, 2020 9:10 PM

May 2013
I like it this better than the original Monster Musume
Jul 4, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
After waiting for a second season that probably may never come, I finally get some sort of spiritual successor for "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou". And although they have nothing in common story-wise, it will be kinda hard for me not to compare these two shows from now on.

Anyways, pretty average start I guess. Not sure what I was expecting but the whole deal with Tisalia didn't catch my interest in the slightest. The excessive use of CGI was disappointing tho. Not to mention that there were also some errors with the animation such as seeing Saphentite's tail disappearing into itself in the last scene but well.

And as for the fanservice/ecchi aspect, it was more tame than I expected but that may change later on. Depending on the monster girl of the week and stuff.
Jul 4, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2019
This might be better then the original Monster Musume but we'll see how it'll turn out.
Jul 4, 2020 10:41 PM

Jul 2017
This is generic trash, not even close to the godly monster musume no iru nichijou. And what the fuck were those ugly 3D bugs?
Jul 4, 2020 10:52 PM

Apr 2011
Godly MMnIN? Lol, I like your sense for humor.
Jul 4, 2020 11:15 PM
Jul 2019
Para um anime do gênero,foi bem divertido esse primeiro episódio.animacào está boa,vai ser um anime divertido de assiste.
Jul 5, 2020 12:46 AM

Nov 2019
This was legit poor. Awkward that some immature and retarded people are blaming it for the ecchiness and 'harem(?!)' elements (but still came to see the show and waste their time writing about it). As I have read part of the manga (then dropped it), I would say the story and characters aren't too bad, but it is highly doubtful if they'll go anywhere.

Horrible character animation, terrible use of frames, miserable BGM are some of the obvious things that bugged the first episode. Makes me wish that it stayed in the manga form. Nothing to compare with Monmusu, the animators did their job more or less there. I might drop it in this very episode, or just see the second episode just for the opening and ending songs :(
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 5, 2020 2:16 AM

May 2020
Production value is obviously low, as we could expect from a minor studio.

The 1 chapter/episode pace should be good and allow for 3 volumes to be covered which is a good thing since the first arc is the least interesting.

I like the designs and the "clean" style though the colour palette seems a bit shallow. Some animations feel cheap.

Overall I'm quite happy with it. I like the source material and this is as good as I could hope to get.
Jul 5, 2020 4:16 AM
Sep 2019
This is a really interesting series for its plot. A human being a doctor for monster girls and be in some sort of Harem with those girls, I can't ignore an Anime with this idea.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2020

68 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2020

31 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 9, 2020

51 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 2, 2020

56 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 10:56 AM

» Season 2

YoukaiKouhai - Sep 27, 2020

16 by falko92 »»
Nov 7, 2023 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.