Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2020 4:07 AM

Jan 2020
My mom spotted me using Tohsaka Rin profile picture in WhatsApp , I expected her react "is 2d girls really that attractive?" But instead , I got "why is your profile picture a cartoon girl? You like girly stuff like Barbie?"

Damn , it's just Tohsaka Rin , a heroine from an action anime with Male Protagonist and Male villain , imagine if my mom caught me watch CGDCT stuff , How will you explain to her about CGDCT? And how will you make her understand difference between it and Barbie stuff?
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jun 19, 2020 4:12 AM

Apr 2019
heh good luck pall, just admit ur an absolute degenerate. dont forget to show her a body pillow

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Jun 19, 2020 4:13 AM
Nov 2019
i would simply say yeah it is barbie stuff,end of story

Jun 19, 2020 4:19 AM

Aug 2016
I mean if we're going there, Barbie is just about cute girls doing cute things. If there is a difference then what is that difference? If so, then theres the answer you give your mom.

Or ya know, just do whatever makes you happy and not worry about what other people think or say?
Jun 19, 2020 4:21 AM

Feb 2019
I don't bother explaining anything so my parents just think I am autistic and accept it hahaha.

edit:
If it is a big deal to you, just make your parents watch something normie friendly like Death Note or Psycho Pass and that will probably solve the issue. They might even like it lol, as long as they aren't religious or something. I think making them watch CGDGT would just make it worse though lmao, even I forget why I am watching it sometimes.
yarukaJun 19, 2020 4:31 AM
Jun 19, 2020 4:35 AM

Aug 2010
I suggest the following answer:

"MUM U SHOULD WATCH THIS SHIT! IT IS A MASTERPIECE!"

Then you show her K-ON! or another great CGDCT, like Sora Yori. If she watches it, she will understand.

If this method doesn't work, try to explain the plotline with fancy words, like "there is this school and they made a club because they love to sing, but in reality it is a metaphor with Plato's Cave and they didn't know what reality really looks like!"
Jun 19, 2020 4:48 AM

Nov 2018
Maybe you should teach your mum about anime and what it offers and what you like, maybe she'll gain a better understanding of anime and she might think better of you, who knows?

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jun 19, 2020 4:50 AM

Mar 2020
"I fucked her so much that even Emiya wasn't able to save her. Let alone shinji that, once fucked her too. It was hardcore, I'm better than anyone else".

Tell your mom this and I'm sure she'll understand the situation.
Jun 19, 2020 5:02 AM

May 2018
Try to intimidating her with escalation.

"It's Barbies for now but pray I don't switch to Ponies!".

Like my mother was OK when I watched Sailor Moon but reacted badly to MLP:FIM...and I was "What's the difference, they are all fictional?".
Jun 19, 2020 7:03 AM

Jun 2020
Straight boys with moe girl avatars? Alot of people online merely know them as reactionary busybodies who spend their time pestering women on twitter.

Have you considered not clearing up the misunderstanding with your mother?

Because sometimes a white lie is better than the truth.
Jun 19, 2020 7:13 AM

Dec 2016
Just say that you are experiencing a homosexual phase
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jun 19, 2020 7:24 AM

Jun 2016
If you used the patented hyper artistic, aestheticaly pleasing, deep and meaningful Theo1899™ profile pictures you wouldn't have this issue.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 19, 2020 7:36 AM

Jun 2017
Gyeferson said:
I suggest the following answer:
"MUM U SHOULD WATCH THIS SHIT! IT IS A MASTERPIECE!"
Then you show her K-ON! or another great CGDCT, like Sora Yori. If she watches it, she will understand.

This. Most sensible piece of advice ever. If you think something you like is good, don't try to explain it: show it to them and let them see for themselves. Moms are not stupid. If K-On or Sora Yori or whatever you choose cannot defend themselves, they're not the shows I thought they were.

Gyeferson said:
If this method doesn't work, try to explain the plotline with fancy words, like "there is this school and they made a club because they love to sing, but in reality it is a metaphor with Plato's Cave and they didn't know what reality really looks like!"

I couldn't resist:

Jun 19, 2020 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Show your mom some bishounen in hot poses. She'll understand.
Jun 19, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2018
funny are u winning situation, lmao being trolled by your own mom, she's clearly making fun of you.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 19, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
my mom is almost 70 and got really bad eyesight, I think she wouldn't even ask if I would introduce a dakimakura as her new son in law <.<

sorry, that doesn't really help - I'd go with politely nodding, most likely she'll be satisfied with that ?
Jun 19, 2020 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
It's really simple. Guys like (cute) girls and girls like (cute) boys unless they're gay
Jun 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
Yo are you dissing on Barbie? Cuz Barbie is the shit.
Jun 19, 2020 7:12 PM
Feb 2014
Hahaha, jokes on you OP, i don't watch CGDCT anime at all!!! >:)

My mom knows what anime is and she knows about me watching it(we even watched many anime together), so of course she wouldn't bat an eye about me looking at/having an anime picture or whatever.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jun 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Aug 2009
Instead of trying to further dig your own grave by preemptively explaining cute girls doing cute things, maybe you should think about convincing your mom that you're not a soy boy?

..Or you could watch hentai at a specifically loud volume.
FacelessVixenJun 20, 2020 12:13 AM

Jun 19, 2020 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
I'll tell her it's like watching some kitty videos on youtube.

That still won't salvage her view of my masculinity?

Oh well whoop de doo.

P.S: I actually had a pic of yui from k on on my twitter for months and nobody ever batted an eye
JoyBoy_316Jun 19, 2020 7:46 PM
Jun 19, 2020 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
something like
for the last time, i am NOT a pedophile

also for the rin pic just get a more lewd photo of her so your mom gets the hint
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jun 19, 2020 11:05 PM

Mar 2018
I got a chuckle out of this thread, thanks :D

"How will you explain to your mom about CGDCT?"

Easy. You don't.

Jun 20, 2020 6:54 AM

Feb 2015
Nuh-uh. You tell HER—don't she ever diss on my sister from another mister.

I owe Barbie my life.
Jun 20, 2020 7:05 AM
Feb 2019
i watch anime on my tv sometimes (although not cgdct and other fan service type stuff) and my dad comments why I'm watching cartoons while i was watching FMA:B. I said you can try to watch it, as its a pretty good show and he watched the movie but he liked it. I need more confidence to watch cgdct though..... as for mom though, i rarely watch in front of her, usually in my phone
Jun 20, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2019
good luck bro, I even use multiple IDs to avoid my family members
Jun 20, 2020 7:10 AM

Nov 2016
Any attempt at explanation would be futile. She either already wrote it off as insignificant or you're branded as lost cause, there's nothing you can do anymore.

I'm just glad that I started watching cute girls shows after I moved out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2020 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Last week I sent my mom a picture of Kurose Riku figure I’m planning to buy. She told me to buy figures of some cute girls instead. So in my case - I don’t have to explain anything.
Jun 20, 2020 7:21 AM
Oct 2018
Yea, I don't think she'll care about my explanation lol

--
Jun 20, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2017
My life is too negative mom, please let me fill the holes in my heart by watching cute high school girls doing stupid things. It may look like Barbie but it has much cuter girls.
Jun 20, 2020 7:35 PM

Jun 2016
No need to explain. My mom knows I'm a lolicon.
Jun 20, 2020 8:32 PM

Jun 2017
If all else fails, you can always say "But you're much cuter than any of them, mom!"
(You can add "Okaasan daisuki!" for good measure.)

Jun 20, 2020 11:48 PM

Mar 2019
2life said:
heh good luck pall, just admit ur an absolute degenerate. dont forget to show her a body pillow

I keep my body pillow in my bed in full sight of anyone who walks in. Both my mother and my father regularly enter the room and see it.

Both of them hardly reacted at all to it when I first carried it inside the house. One time I even asked my mom to buy a girly shampoo for the body pillow so that I could wash it and have it smell like a girl when I sleep next to it.

I have actually watched CGDCT anime in the family room with my mom and dad in the room. I don't have to explain anything to them, puberty smashed me like a bull and I've been absolutely obsessed with cute, sexy girls ever since. To them, they see my motivations for watching CGDCT anime as no different from my motivations for putting up posters of beautiful girls wearing semi-provocative outfits all over my room.

I don't think they've ever seen it as unmasculine. Everyone who has known me since high school has just known that I have an obsession with pretty girls. Its a frequent subject of affectionate teasing in my close circles.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2020 4:12 AM

Apr 2015
Ryuk9428 said:
One time I even asked my mom to buy a girly shampoo for the body pillow so that I could wash it and have it smell like a girl when I sleep next to it.

Couldn't you just try to find a gf if you actually wanted to sleep next to a woman?
Jun 21, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
Basically it's a sitcom about high school life and to pander to a horny and extremely insecure male audience there's exclusively girls in those shows, so they indulge in the aesthetics of teenage girls without feeling threatened by another male presence.

There's really no 'good' way of explaining that last part to your parents, but you can try and make up some deep, thematical reason for it to be only girls (aka lie to them). Maybe blame it on japanese culture and there being no mixed gender schools. Your parents probably won't know any better.

konkelo said:
Ryuk9428 said:
One time I even asked my mom to buy a girly shampoo for the body pillow so that I could wash it and have it smell like a girl when I sleep next to it.

Couldn't you just try to find a gf if you actually wanted to sleep next to a woman?

That's like telling a poor person 'Couldn't you just try to become a millionaire?' -.-

Trying is not the same as succeeding, you know. Trying doesn't pay the bills :>.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
CravenlockJun 21, 2020 10:24 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 21, 2020 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
Pullman said:
konkelo said:

That's like telling a poor person 'Couldn't you just try to become a millionaire?' -.-

Trying is not the same as succeeding, you know. Trying doesn't pay the bills :>.

Implying I wouldn't say that to a poor person lying somewhere in the streets. If they're lucky I might even spit on them while saying that.
Jun 21, 2020 7:28 AM

Feb 2019
You can just tell that CGDCT is basically goddesses doing divine things. I doubt rin tohsaka is from a CGDCT show tho.

Also make sure to tell her that barbies are ugly compared to superior 2D anime girls.
Jun 22, 2020 12:51 AM

Mar 2019
konkelo said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Well, as Pullman pointed out, its not that simple 😂
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2020 3:42 AM

Aug 2018
MarcusRomain said:
My mom spotted me using Tohsaka Rin profile picture in WhatsApp , I expected her react "is 2d girls really that attractive?" But instead , I got "why is your profile picture a cartoon girl? You like girly stuff like Barbie?"

Damn , it's just Tohsaka Rin , a heroine from an action anime with Male Protagonist and Male villain , imagine if my mom caught me watch CGDCT stuff , How will you explain to her about CGDCT? And how will you make her understand difference between it and Barbie stuff?

*Inhale*
*Exhale*

"Mom, this is not barbie this is a sub-genre of japanese cartoon called cute-girls-doing-cute-things and sometimes it got lolis in it, lolis are children :), so mom, instead of liking barbie stuff, i love lolies :)"
Jun 22, 2020 3:46 AM

Nov 2018
Just tell your mom you are gay it will be easier to explain.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Jun 22, 2020 3:59 AM

May 2018
cythraul said:
I doubt rin tohsaka is from a CGDCT show tho.

Well, there is that show called Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan - https://myanimelist.net/anime/37033/Emiya-san_Chi_no_Kyou_no_Gohan which is partially that.

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
10 seconds ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

21 by luckyrune »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

31 by 707supremacist »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

52 by SuperAdventure »»
6 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

15 by Longnines »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.