Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2020 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Shuuichi making the hard decision even if it's by himself.

Compared to the other episodes, this one is pretty calm at least in terms of violence. Also got to see more of Alien's flashbacks which hasn't been very common. He's really an engima in this show that no one truly understands.
Jun 14, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
The episode was boring, there was no fight in the first half, they tried to return to normal life, where is the ecchi scene? Shuuichi is just a bullshit, even so I don't hate him because some of his words are true.

The duel happened quickly and for some reason there was no tension, was Shuuichi that too strong even though he wasn't helped by Kurea? Although the slamming was amazing does not mean it made him lose. In the end Shuuichi killed him, nice shoot. I like the final part, killing that many people in one sword swing.

Jun 14, 2020 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
The best line of this episode was... "Do you need warming up?"
---
The animations of the two battle/sword related scenes were kind of lame.
Jun 14, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2011
good episode as always, next episode they will reveal some of the past
Jun 14, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Damnn, I feel like today was a turning point in Shuiichi’s character. Killing that guy as he was retreating was cold blooded. But it’s part of that promise he made to Clair to not let her carry crimes alone.

Didn’t personally have enough of an attachment to abukawa to really be upset about his death, but it‘s an unfortunate event

The alien may not be as evil as he came off to be initially. The fact that Honoka suggested the coin quests/wish granting puts things into a different perspective. I wonder what type of wish she could’ve made to get her to become a grim reaper type being

Finale next week, no way all of this stuff gets wrapped up so hopefully we get another season one day
Jun 14, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2019
Another filler episode, We learned some new information but this was nevertheless boring. Shuichi's character took a turn, I knew this would eventually happen.

Seems like the next episode could be a flashback, interesting since there are only 2 more episodes left.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 14, 2020 9:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf the man at the end has a stand xD
Well it was pretty good episode but not very usefull, at least Shuuichi's character development was interesting.
Jun 14, 2020 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Damn Shuuichi. All the development in growing within his new situations, and now he's fully changed. Quite the experience to see for sure.
Jun 14, 2020 9:50 AM

Jan 2011
Marinate1016 said:

Finale next week, no way all of this stuff gets wrapped up so hopefully we get another season one day

still 2 episode left
Jun 14, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
Wow so the first one to talk to the Alien was Honoka and she was one of the students from Shuuichi's old cram school. So they were the very first people to get the powers and WTF was that guy's power. It seemed like he was using Honoka as his stand. I'm really interested to know more about the past now.
Jun 14, 2020 10:11 AM
Nov 2017
Did the Katana Guy even have a power? He seemed awfully weak. I really expected more, as he was always shown next to Madoka. It led me to believe that he was his right hand. But the only power he seemed to have was a cloth covering his eyes without falling off :D
Jun 14, 2020 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
An empty stomach is worse than lonliness.

And here we go, Mr. 100 coins appeared. Apparently also an old friend of Shuuichi, another flashback to learn how he ties into the picture seems likely.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2020 11:09 AM
Mar 2015
The alien was not the source of the game We see some of our boys backstory He is gong back to that person even without his memories
Jun 14, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Honoka became a stand.
Jun 14, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2018
So Lesbo Girl has decided to give up...well , she did mention in the last episode that " Running away" was her group's specialty. Too bad Clair has to partner up with a bunch of losers....

Well, then I guess we now know how that Alien got the idea of using people to go look for coins, it's that Honoka girl and now we have a clue as to how Shuuichi got into such shit, Honoka and her big mouth.
Jun 14, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2019
"i believed that madoka could change the world"

now where have i heard that
Jun 14, 2020 11:33 AM
Apr 2018
So SHUUICHI has decided for himself. He shot that "revenge guy" to protect CLAIRE.
That was some nice development for SHUUICHI.

Mr. ALIEN is as carefree as always.

The Guy at the end with the HONOKA called himself a protagonist. He might be the one with 100 coins.
Doutei-kunJun 14, 2020 11:38 AM
Jun 14, 2020 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Ok I think the main issue with this take on the whole survival game biz is that......there's like no everyday risk whatsoever. Unless I'm forgetting something (which I probably am given how I couldn't care less) there's like no problems with Shuuichi or whoever going back to their everyday lives, hell Shuu. was even offered the opportunity. And its not even like alien-kun was gonna punish them for not looking for coins(?) so there's literally nothing stopping Shuuichi from just going back to normal lol (plus he just killed the last surviving member of Madoka's gang so there's no one else out for vengeance). Even the legs girl in the beginning she only attacked him because of the talk of coins, otherwise she wouldn't have cared less about him

On a plus though, I'm actually liking Shuuichi's more negative development, was surprised he actually went ahead and killed that dude
Jun 14, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Wow that "monster" looked like Claire - Now I see why Shuichi said Clarie is a demon.
Jun 14, 2020 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
Short_Circut said:
Ok I think the main issue with this take on the whole survival game biz is that......there's like no everyday risk whatsoever. Unless I'm forgetting something (which I probably am given how I couldn't care less) there's like no problems with Shuuichi or whoever going back to their everyday lives, hell Shuu. was even offered the opportunity. And its not even like alien-kun was gonna punish them for not looking for coins(?) so there's literally nothing stopping Shuuichi from just going back to normal lol (plus he just killed the last surviving member of Madoka's gang so there's no one else out for vengeance). Even the legs girl in the beginning she only attacked him because of the talk of coins, otherwise she wouldn't have cared less about him

On a plus though, I'm actually liking Shuuichi's more negative development, was surprised he actually went ahead and killed that dude

the reason why Shuuichi start collect coins because he wanted to know the reason for his form and his past with Elena so that what keeps him looking for coins

Jun 14, 2020 11:53 AM
Aug 2018
I don't understand why "blind" guy say "he is the only one left" when he clearly state that Madoka saved some of them. Are they just so lame that, once their leader die, they don't even want to try to get revenge ?
Jun 14, 2020 11:56 AM

Jan 2011
Rukodaime91 said:
I don't understand why "blind" guy say "he is the only one left" when he clearly state that Madoka saved some of them. Are they just so lame that, once their leader die, they don't even want to try to get revenge ?

that what you get when you lead a bunch of bastards, maybe some of them were happy about his death since they can now collect coins for themself rather than collecting for him
Jun 14, 2020 12:09 PM
Aug 2018
Short_Circut said:
Ok I think the main issue with this take on the whole survival game biz is that......there's like no everyday risk whatsoever. Unless I'm forgetting something (which I probably am given how I couldn't care less) there's like no problems with Shuuichi or whoever going back to their everyday lives,

It's true they did not get attacked in their everyday life after the fight but that does not mean it could not happen. We see that they are on their guard at school and Shuuichi even say "That's a relief. Nothing on the first day". Maybe they should have try to emphasis this point a little more… maybe with the "bunny girl" which is weaker and can not "smell" opponent or stuff… Or Claire who could not feel that secure when she is away from Shuuichi… I agree they could have emphasis the matter. I think the author wanted to focus on the subject that they done some horrible stuff (to assure their Survival) and now they have to live their usual life… almost like it never happened.

hell Shuu. was even offered the opportunity. And its not even like alien-kun was gonna punish them for not looking for coins(?) so there's literally nothing stopping Shuuichi from just going back to normal lol (plus he just killed the last surviving member of Madoka's gang so there's no one else out for vengeance).

I understand your point. It's true that Shuuichi could have choose to run away. But he didn't. In the beginning of the show, the situation is forced upon him and he has to deal with it. If he was offered the same choice, let's say, before saving Clair, or maybe after they had to kill their first opponent (who he did not want to kill), he probably would have chosen to run away and get back to his normal life.

But, now, when this choice is offered, he clearly state his motivation and decide to continue in this "game" even though he understands he will have to fight for his life and kill people…

So, to me, him chosing to stay in the game, means he takes his fate in his own hand and I think it's a good character development and for me it is part of this "negative developement" you were talking about. It really shows that now he is ready to go all the way to stop this game (instead of just following Clair).

PS : As a french, it's so hard to write Clair instead of Claire… It's funny because it seems Clair was actually used but for man (a long time ago I hope, because now it's clearly a feminine name).
Rukodaime91Jun 14, 2020 12:17 PM
Jun 14, 2020 12:12 PM
Aug 2018
dark-chaos said:
Rukodaime91 said:

that what you get when you lead a bunch of bastards, maybe some of them were happy about his death since they can now collect coins for themself rather than collecting for him

Yes, you're right. I may have been too much focusing on Madoka mindset which was kinda interesting and forget he was leading a group of people who just wanted to have their "fun".

Kinda sad for Madoka who died for them :( Even if he was an asshole, sacrificing your life to save your nakama, it's not something everyone could do...

Jun 14, 2020 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
Background of Honoka and the other guy that is an old friend of Shuuichi is gonna be interesting next week, hope the Anime will explain it a bit better, cause it was honestly confusing at first!

Honestly feels like we're not going to see the lesbo leader group anymore this season. 2 more episodes to go, curious how and where they are going to wrap it up!
Jun 14, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2016
Dreamxer said:
Another filler episode, We learned some new information but this was nevertheless boring. Shuichi's character took a turn, I knew this would eventually happen.

Seems like the next episode could be a flashback, interesting since there are only 2 more episodes left.

That is not What a filler episode means, It was %100 canon
Jun 14, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 2010
Mmm Funny how everything started out innocent. Just helping look for coins turns to killing off each other for the sake of selfish desires that reached a new level.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 14, 2020 12:45 PM
Nov 2019
Back on track, good adpatation of the last bit of volume 5.

2 episodes to go and they need to adapt chapters 33-39 to get to the end of volume 6.

They didn't do justice to the fight in the junk-yard and the reason Shuichi shot him in the back was to protect Clair as he'd worked out that it was Clair that lit the fire and Shuichi needed her inside him to be powerful (In the Managa he says he'll spare Shuichi if he tells him where Clair is and is going off to find her).
Jun 14, 2020 12:45 PM

Nov 2018
Shuuichi's character has finally taken a turn after 11 weeks and he was actually able to overcome his fears to shoot and kill that guy. Also, we learned that the alien guy wasn't the one who came up with the idea of collecting coins and getting wishes granted.

I think they are going to reveal more of the past next episode and it will be interesting to see what they fit into the last 2 episodes.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 14, 2020 12:46 PM

Jun 2020
I don't think this episode was perfect, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The reason? No major action took place in the episode. But that is to be expected. The gang just came back from the forest after setting it on fire, killing Madoka, Abukawa and others. They had to stand back because of how dangerous their trip to the landing zone of the spaceship was. Now, there was a fight in the episode. It was Shuuichi versus the katana dude (can't remember his name, sorry). I guess the reason not much happened in the fight was because in the manga it was sort of similar. Although they made the katana dude look stronger and more buff, the fight was around 10 panels long. Maybe this was to show how strong Shuuichi has gotten since the beginning. But we all saw that thrilling fight in episode 2, when Claire got inside Shuuichi and fought together for the first time. This was not the case in the manga. Obviously, there are things you can do in the anime that you can't in the manga, and vice versa. The example being in episode 2. Either that or maybe it was to get people hooked onto the series, expecting to see more action-filled fights. Hopefully we will get to see another great fight in the remaining episodes.

Action aside, some new details were introduced to the plot. We see Elena talking to the alien, looking desperate to put an end to the coin hunting game. We got introduced to some new mysterious characters (Honoka and the boy), which the latter claims to be the protagonist of the story, and we even got a hint of how this whole game started.

You could say that this is where things start to get interesting. It's not only about the coins, but to what happened to Shuuchi that made him lose his memories, and how he is related to Elena, Honoka and the boy. Can't wait to see how the series will end. Once it's over, I'll definitely check out the manga. I'm just not patient enough to wait for season 2 (if there will be).
Jun 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2020
The dude swing his sword like 5 times and gets tired. Wow, what a fight. I don't know, at this point I'm just hoping for this anime to end. I just keep watching because I like Clair.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 14, 2020 1:32 PM
Jan 2019
Does anyone know who is the VA of the guy that appears in the last part of the episode?
"Your favorite anime is out there waiting for you."
Jun 14, 2020 1:34 PM

Feb 2020
Good ep like that theyre still going to school and didn’t just forget it for the ‘interesting story’ take

Jun 14, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2017
ayy shuichi finally finding himself. very entertaining episode. really loving it \:)

plz @ me
Jun 14, 2020 2:25 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly, I enjoyed this episode more than the previous ones. For this week, Gleipnir moves away from the sex and the violence and gave some much-needed focus to the characters, more specifically Shuuichi, who finally decides to get fully committed to the game in order to stop the violence for the coins.

I think the best moment in the whole episode is when Shuuchi calls out the Alien over the fact that this whole mess was his fault. Even if the Alien wasn't being actively malicious, he was actively irresponsible and now, humans are betraying and killing each other over the Alien's promises of power. Shuuchi doesn't care about power, he just wants normal lives for both Kurea and himself. It will be interesting to see how the main duo struggles to retain their humanity while trying to achieve their goal.

By the end of the day, Gleipnir will stand or fall by the strength of its narrative and characters. You can have all the violence and fanservice you want, but those things won't matter if you don't have characters your viewers care about. This show made the right decision by focusing on the characters and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 14, 2020 2:29 PM
Apr 2020
People who dropped it after the first episodes are missing out. (I personally hated the first episode).

How many MCs killed a person in cold blood for convenience/protection ?
This anime goes beyond my expectations.
Jun 14, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 2019
Hoshimiya1 said:
Dreamxer said:

You're right, sorry for my choice of words there. I meant it as the first half of the episode was filler.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

Jun 14, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2020
This episode was kind of boring but it was nice to see Shuichi realize and become comfortable with who he is.

The series is also starting to wrap up and I'm looking forward to the next two episodes.
Jun 14, 2020 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
Elena's confrontation with the Alien, the one who provided the Coins. Even if he was the starting point, it looks as if all these were already set in motion beforehand.

The current situation with Isao's power is outta hand for Koyanagi's crew, so a temporary retreat for all to recuperate their losses and gather their thoughts.

To understand how Shuichi got into this juncture, is to ask the Alien, but knowing he's a friend or foe is the key to ending this survival game of collecting 100 coins. It's a risqué life of survival to ensure that his "good" people stay alive.

And...the momentary fight with the one left of Madoka's crew for revenge, truly shows Shuichi's inferiority, but he isn't one of devoid personality to leave any stone unturned, and ended his life before things could escalate further (which really displays Shuichi's growth and tenacity to outgrow his closed personality and be more daring).

So it seems that Honoka herself knew of how the Alien worked, and initially on good terms with as friends, but the future that she wished got twisted so hard it was different. But a merger with another coin Gatherer a.k.a the protagonist of the "story"...is this the future they so hardly fought for, wasted to ruins?

A thought-intriguing episode, but a good one. 2 episodes left.

Dreamxer said:
Hoshimiya1 said:

You're right, sorry for my choice of words there. I meant it as the first half of the episode was filler.
The flashback itself was canon, but the episode is by no means filler. It was actually events in the manga that got shuffled around to suit the situations called and pace the episode to goodness.
KANLen09Jun 14, 2020 4:19 PM
Jun 14, 2020 6:03 PM

Aug 2019
Cannot wait to see what happens next.
Jun 14, 2020 6:21 PM

Aug 2018
Damn if this show doesn’t keep on getting stranger. From most of the team feeling remorse for slaughtering Madoka’s team, to Suichi doing the dirty deed, to whatever that was at the end.
Jun 14, 2020 6:29 PM

May 2020
Looks like Suichi is descending into a more killing and violent path. Killing that madoka teamate was kinda interesting development to him, not gonna say it's good or bad, he's changing. The other main part of the episode was the ending that we get to see Suichi and Elena with their friends one of them was that brought all this mess and she looks like united with one another friends that appered in that photo. A good episode nothing more, it gaves more just a few details of Suichi and Elena's past and showing us the next villain/opponent. I wanna see how the deal with the development or making of that character, because he was introduced so late on the story.
Jun 14, 2020 7:04 PM
Apr 2020
I thought the episode was pretty good. The tid bits of information given about the past was insightful and the last 2 scenes were pretty good. It's a bit predictable to have an episode dedicated to the aftermath of a battle and I can see how people would be disappointed in the episode because combat is a huge point in this show.

Also I just noticed it was updated to show how many episodes are left for this season. I'm a little disappointed it's only 13 and I hope we get a 2nd season soon.
Jun 14, 2020 8:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The Shuichi teams finally got disassambled while they had a hard time facing Madoka's group. Its somehow a better decision, because shit happen fast in the center of the coin fall. The groups became shattered. Their will become vagued. Meanwhile in the other places, Elena try hard to pursuit the Alien. She failed. The Alien still in his believe that the game can't be stopped whatever happen, even if he died. Because, like a wheel, the game would be running away until its end. No one can block it, even the Alien. The only shit that may stop the running game was only to collect all the coins. Shit always gone crazy. Shuichi now realise some changed. He lost his best friend because of that incident. RIP abukawa. His motives? Like every people, had hidden motives that can bring another side that sometime different from the usual side. Confused? Just seen another scenes (it states in the third pharagraph while Shuichi finally be able to take the risk and made up his strong will. He shot people by himself!). Next to the monologue of the Alien. Back to the flashback.

It seems that girl named Honoka had somes mistake there. She might searching another hand to help. However, it came to be the end of her. That guy in the end, might be making a wish to making Honoka as his monster. Thats his sin, changing up Honoka into that while ghost monster in the back. Its somehow a same condition with the huge monster thing that looks alike the parents for kid with yellow hair in the half of the show. Maybe, its just my review with shit happen.

Surely its hard to follow up what was goin on. Because somehow the show just coming back again to the flashback that may reveal the scenes about the start of the hunt games. To show how ironic the human was. A kindness and the cruelty always mixed into one being, a human. With the show might come in the end, i wander how could they wrap up the finishing story. Because at that point, Shuichi his self still kinda hard to make up his mental statement. His condition somehow could be so good, while in the other parts felt so weak. On this episode, Shuichi finally could maintain his will, to finally lock his own goal: end that shit game asap. The problem there was another people might be strong af. So how could Shuichi get rid of them? What could Elena do with the rest of the show?

Damn, so much mystery. Yet, the show kinda hard to believe that the duration now come the end. How could they wrap up the finale? Idk about shit. No wonder, because its pacing really hard to be following up....
badabassJun 14, 2020 9:02 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 14, 2020 10:00 PM
Nov 2010
Dreamxer said:

Filler in this case means stuff that doesn't happen in original source (manga in this case), and the 1st half did happen in the manga, so no, filler is not the right choice of word here. You probably just meant nothing much happened in 1st half.
Jun 14, 2020 10:07 PM
May 2015
An ok episode. I really thought that guy he killed would turn out to be his friend in monster form.
Jun 14, 2020 10:13 PM

Dec 2019
eplipswich said:
Dreamxer said:

Filler in this case means stuff that doesn't happen in original source (manga in this case), and the 1st half did happen in the manga, so no, filler is not the right choice of word here. You probably just meant nothing much happened in 1st half.

Yeah, sorry for my mistake here. I was thinking of filler as stuff that doesn't move the story too vastly (Or nothing happens) Thanks for the correction!

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

Jun 14, 2020 10:14 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Welp the backstory this episode caught my interest. Good that the threat of the enemy team wasn't handled without any proper precautions, I respect that. Honoka's deal feels like it'll be central to the future of the anime. It is possible that she wished for the ability to help the alien to find his friends/coins, and so turned herself into an ethereal body. But considering how she was linked to the other guy who said that this was a story of his crimes, he had to have played some role in how things went down just like Clair's sister had schemed for her target.

Also, while the fight of this episode wasn't the craziest thing out there, it certainly wasn't badly animated.
Jun 14, 2020 11:28 PM

Oct 2016
Interesting episode, maybe Shuichi is just reverting to his old self, before his memories were wiped because he seemed like a different, more confident person from the flashbacks we have seen so far of Shuichi.
Jun 15, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
Man all throughout the ep I was thinking what a shame it is, that it's gonna end soon, maybe should just read the manga after.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.