Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, more bonding time between Shuuichi and Claire. Honestly, I think this episode was somewhat emotional and thrilling considering the plot moving forward on the other side with their group.

That embrace though....he's come a long way.
Jun 7, 2020 7:57 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like they are in a very bad state, after the fight it seems like the two of them are fine. For some reason Ikeuchi here was very panicked, sacrificing his own colleague for escape was not a bad idea for now. What flower is that? It's a Azalea?

It looks like the fire was the cause, the enemy seemed to be in trouble. Anyone know why Ikeuchi died? in my opinion it's because of the burning flower. Look at Erena's smile at the end of the episode.
Jun 7, 2020 8:01 AM

Jan 2011
Syureria said:
Looks like they are in a very bad state, after the fight it seems like the two of them are fine. For some reason Ikeuchi here was very panicked, sacrificing his own colleague for escape was not a bad idea for now. What flower is that? It's a Azalea?

It looks like the fire was the cause, the enemy seemed to be in trouble. Anyone know why Ikeuchi died? in my opinion it's because of the burning flower. Look at Erena's smile at the end of the episode.

oleander or Nerium: it is toxic in all its parts you can read about it online

Because he tried to betray them it's the leader ability
Jun 7, 2020 8:09 AM

Feb 2018
dark-chaos said:

Is that a new type of flower, xD ... I don't understand whether it's similar to the Wisteria flower? (I mean Demon Slayer,. XD) Thank you btw.
Jun 7, 2020 8:15 AM

Jan 2011
Syureria said:
dark-chaos said:

Is that a new type of flower, xD ... I don't understand whether it's similar to the Wisteria flower? (I mean Demon Slayer,. XD) Thank you btw.

oleander more toxic and the fire makes the toxic spread faster
Jun 7, 2020 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
Although there was not so much action, it was quite an elaborate episode. Also the mental details of the team members of the protagonists were depicted very well. The hug scene with the background full of poisonous flowers was beautiful too.
Jun 7, 2020 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
dark-chaos said:

Ehhh....So that's why Ikeuchi died, I think the effect was just shortness of breath. The scene where Ikeuchi felt his neck hung, was horrifying. Can the poison spread even with a mask?
Jun 7, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2017
Syureria said:
dark-chaos said:

Ehhh....So that's why Ikeuchi died, I think the effect was just shortness of breath. The scene where Ikeuchi felt his neck hung, was horrifying. Can the poison spread even with a mask?

He died because he tried to tell a secret of a group member - ability of the group leader activated (you can see choker made of hair in his neck).
Jun 7, 2020 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
Syureria said:
dark-chaos said:

Have you like not been paying attention? They all took an oath not to tell secrets of the gang. The penalty is death... if you’re watching raws you may wanna wait for the subs to come out.
Jun 7, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Very exciting episode. Lot of mental games this time around. Clair with a big brain move to get everyone out of that pinch, pretty ingenious. Great way to utilise all the talent around. Funny how she called the one guy as the one sacrifice and in the end he did end up dying for trying to snitch.

Felt a bit bad for Madoka and crew at the end, obviously they weren’t upstanding people, but they all had a bond and cared for each other. Few villains would wait behind and try to save all of their squad. Respect

Elena looks fed up with the alien’s bullshit, next week’s going to be exciting. Can’t wait
Jun 7, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2018
Marinate1016 said:

Have you like not been paying attention? They all took an oath not to tell secrets of the gang. The penalty is death... if you’re watching raws you may wanna wait for the subs to come out.
It's not that I don't like to pay attention, I already know that it has to do with a gang/Having problems with the group because I have writed it above that, I can't make a full summary in five minutes, Forget about the death of Ike is not important, I'm more interested in the flower given from Kurea.
Jun 7, 2020 9:12 AM

Jan 2011
next episode the real story start
Jun 7, 2020 9:18 AM

Dec 2019
A fairly solid episode, not much action but I enjoyed the outcome. Ikeuchi was really annoying to me, So I am satisfied he died.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 7, 2020 9:25 AM

Mar 2019
The scene before they set the forest on fire looked great, that was a good plan
Ikeuchi died, he tried to betray everyone, deserved it
Jun 7, 2020 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty smart plan tbh. Though now there is a lot more tension in the team.
Jun 7, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2020
Madoka’s actually a pretty swell guy, isn’t he? I actually kinda felt bad for him this episode. I doubt he’s finished though. I’m almost certain he will come back next episode more pissed off than ever.

Ikeuchi is dead as a doorknob though. Thank god. I’m sure no one’s going to miss him.

Jun 7, 2020 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
It was so obvious that Madoka was just testing Claire and the others, but in the end he fucked up his own team with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2017
Uwaa Clair's scary but I love her. I like how she's willing to do anything that's needed to be done. Also this definitely ain't the end of Madoka and his gang. I wonder how he'll try to get revenge.
Jun 7, 2020 10:00 AM

Feb 2020
Clair has taught an important lesson this episode, fellow fans!
And this time we could see and experience more than ever, that loyalty can be your biggest weakness, as well as your greatest strength owo
I'm pretty happy that Ikeuchi is dead now tbh
he was sorta useful, so that's a shame, but he was way more of a burden than he was of help.
He was even willing to abandon the group AND spill a secret!
So yeah, i'm quiet satisfied with this episode
There was great development between the characters and they have to rethink their opinion on Clair too. It was really interesting too see Clair and Shuichi bond deeper. I'm fairly sure that Madoka and his group are gonna come back, so I'm looking forward to that interaction, even though they might not come back this season anymore?
I miss Sanbe though! When's he gonna come into action?
all in all superb episode! excited for the next one owo

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 7, 2020 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
OH GOD, an enemy that saw through Shuichi and Claire's disguise? That's BAD NEWS for Koyanagi and her monster crew, rendering them totally surrounded by Madoka and his group of rampant demons (which are just mere tools for one person alone).

Whilst Chihiru has learnt of Elena and her team's goal conquerance of 100 coins and leaving everyone else to fight against themselves, this battle of "trading sacrifices" is just the beginning. And since Claire is of one mind and spirit of her personality like Madoka, the abrasive cameraman Ikeuchi is dead either way as the sacrifice. And I'm glad that he's out of the picture.

Guess the misnomer holds true: people like Madoka, being rejects of society, are given another chance to live because of the Coin, which in turn, provides a purpose to live out their innermost desires.

Being a smart-aleck, Claire, even in her subjective wit, knows how to play this game in her own logic, no matter the amount of bloodshed and obstructing abuse of powers all seen too well. And to think of a beautiful but poisonous flower being the key to get Koyanagi and Co. to safety and burn Madoka's crew to a crisp that is some hatched ingenious plan.

Guess the crux I've learned thick-and-thinly well this episode is: "As long as the battles can be won through logic, NOTHING is impossible".
Claire, like Elena, sisters-in-crime, borne from their sin and the immense weight on their shoulders. Their personalities are not to be underestimated.

Next episode, the backstory of how this "story" began.
Jun 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Shuichi has finally become a man. The flowers were very pretty, even though they were poisonous.
Jun 7, 2020 10:57 AM

Jun 2017
Woah if Camera dude didn't jump to conclusions and be retarded he would be still alive. That was a well deserved Darwin award.

Pretty genius plan from Claire.
Jun 7, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
Whoa hooo oooo Clair is so ingenious, so strong and fearsome. I wonder what she will make her powers be if she trades in the coin? What a crazy thing to consider seeing as how her wits carry's her well already.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 7, 2020 11:36 AM
Mar 2020
Nice episode! It seems that i was wrong in my assessment of their groups - Sayaka's and Madoka's groups have more in common than not. Well, except for the whole killing thing of course.

Clair's plan is especialy ruthless when you realize that the plan's success was entireky dependent of Madoka's care for his companions.

Shuichi and Clair bonding is a nice touch. It's nice to see them genuinly taking up the challenges together.
Jun 7, 2020 12:01 PM
Jan 2017
This was actually a good episode. I was starting to lose faith in Gleipnir's ability to sustain itself after previous episodes indulged in action and fanservice, but it's nice to see the character interaction get back into the forefront. Shuuichi and Claire's relationship becomes stronger in this episode and the main characters' struggle to survive leads them to do something unexpected.

I'm wondering where Claire's loyalties really lie, though. It's clear that she does care about Shuuichi, in her own way, of course, but this episode really shows us what she's willing to do in order to protect Shuuichi and herself. For all we know, she might be willing to betray. Even Koyanagi is already suspecting that Claire might try something against the group. If nothing else, I can give Gleipnir credit for its intriguing character drama.

This episode has left Gleipnir in a good position and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 7, 2020 12:05 PM

Oct 2016
Best episode so far
Jun 7, 2020 12:09 PM
Apr 2018
SHUUICHI seems to be realizing his partnership & responsibilities with CLAIRE. CLAIRE made a bold decision to save her & allies ; of course SHUUICHI was her priority.

IKEUCHI who was all about protecting YOSHIOKA, lost his life. Too bad for him he can't do that now.

Jun 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Oh man, this episode was so stressful, I was always on the edge of my seat worrying about what was going to happen. And while it was stressful we also got several shots of Clair's ass... She has such a great ass! xD. Thank you for blessing us.

From the atmosphere generated by Clair's plan, I thought she would do something bad against her team but thankfully it wasn't like that, it was "just" mass murder. I mean, I get that they don't want to be like them but come on, it's kill or be killed, besides they're all scumbags. Which makes me impressed by how much the leader cares about his scumbags.

RIP Camera Cuck Guy, you won't be missed. At least he died pathetically alone, I was afraid he'd drag someone else with him. Not that the rest of them are already safe tho.

I hope they address the transformation with Chihiro at some point as it can be a valuable element in their favor for moments like this.
Jun 7, 2020 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
A genius plan from Claire and with it, everyone was saved. Well, apart from Ikeuchi.

Madoka is one of those cool villains that cares about his comrades.

Jun 7, 2020 12:25 PM

Jul 2019
Oleander? So I have a bio weapon at the ready in my garden? Cool.

Very big decisions made by Shuichi and Claire. Sadly, the show did not stress enough how big the charackter changes were and it felt like some generic dialogue. The absence of a good or better OST really kills the emotional moments for me.

Anyhow, I bet that the revenge of the enemy team will cost wuite a few lifes... They really stumbled into this. Oh, and the obious snitch died as he was destined to. Good riddance...
Jun 7, 2020 12:30 PM
Jun 2020
In the manga he’s still alive for some reason so far 😐 anybody have any insight on that??
Jun 7, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2018
Ohhh making Isao grow some olenders and having Clair burn them was like using chemical warfare on Modoka and his lackeys
Jun 7, 2020 12:42 PM
Mar 2015
Ikeuchi will not be missed
Jun 7, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
nice to see everyone else thinks camera guy deserves it lol
take the oath, get punished for breaking it
Jun 7, 2020 12:50 PM
Dec 2013
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but
I wonder if that means they're doing an original ending(?)
Jun 7, 2020 1:20 PM

Feb 2020
Another week and a new chapter of Gleipnir ...

This time around, we may be facing the most "serious" chapter of all so far, with Shuichi and Clair putting their current situation on the table and confronting their feelings. Also, good moments of confrontation and a great idea to escape it.

The series remains in its peculiar solidity (with the ups and downs that that implies.)
Good episode and it only remains to wait for the next week (And who knows how many more episodes!)
Jun 7, 2020 1:25 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, a little bonding between Suichi and Clair was nice, along with some expanding on her thoughts. I hated that telescope guy anyway, so I was glad to see his attempt at being a fink fail.

Oleanders: Back in the '60s, FL planted them along all of the interstates and in the beach parks. They're very pretty and they grow fast, seemed like a good idea at the time, till people in the parks started using the oleander branches for firewood in their cookouts. Several people died before the state started removing them, and along the interstates it took even longer. Occasionally you'd have some road crew decide to burn them and stand downwind, this led to said road crews ending up in the hospital. It's been many years, since I've seen one, but I'm sure they are still in the woods, just waiting to bushwack unwary hikers.
Jun 7, 2020 1:40 PM

Nov 2017
Pretty exciting episode. Clair was the shining star once again! Looks like they're safe from them now. And finally that camera dude is dead. He died by betrayal, *smug*

Also that ending, is Elena gonna kill the alien or something.. Can't wait to find out next week

plz @ me
Jun 7, 2020 2:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
best show of the season and best girl of the season (Claire)

dem booty shots<333
Jun 7, 2020 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
They really delivered on those flowers, they looked really pretty! Why is that pretty goes hand in hand with deadly in this show!!!

Ikeuchi dying was quite the surprise for me... He was annoying as hell, but... see quote below.

joa12222 said:

This, I am surprised they made this change! At the rate it's going, it won't have much impact on the ending if it's going to have 12-13 episodes, it's a different story when it becomes a 2-cour show though. Curious to see what they will do with this change in the future!
Jun 7, 2020 3:04 PM

Apr 2020
A fire in forest is always a good plan, huh?
The vowyer dude died, good.
And Madoka really cares about his partners, I appreciate that.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 7, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2020
Will suuichi ever get a haircut?

Jun 7, 2020 3:24 PM
Nov 2019
OK - Episode 10 adapted up to Volume 5 Page 94.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJun 7, 2020 5:43 PM
Jun 7, 2020 3:27 PM
Jun 2020
Clair looks like a "Gleipnir Shikamaru".
Jun 7, 2020 4:04 PM
Nov 2018
Let's say they did choose one of their own to be killed. If I was Monkey Guy, I'd keep him alive. They'd have to see him every day, a reminder of what they'd done. They'd have to feel the guilt, and it would finish them as a group.

Then, they would be much more amenable to the thought of, one by one, joining the big group instead. Try to gain a new position there instead of the tainted position in their old group.

It's like the Cultural Revolution in China, when they forced people to denounce their family members.
Jun 7, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2019
Amazing episode the telescope dude that died deserved it all he cared for was his crush and himself.
Jun 7, 2020 6:06 PM

Dec 2019
Great episode! This episode was more focused on the drama and there wasn't much action but it was very well executed overall. The episode started off pretty intensely, I like that this old man cares about his fellows and all.

We finally got some of that Clair fanservice, I admit that I was missing some booty shots! The fanservice has clearly decreased. That scene between Claire and Shuuichi was beautiful, the whole scene was very well done. And thank god that telescope head dude died, he was really fucking annoying.
Jun 7, 2020 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
joa12222 said:

Jun 7, 2020 6:45 PM

Aug 2018
Holy hell I wasn't expecting to cheer this much for an antagonist in this edgefest but this gorilla dude IS AN ABSOLUTE BADASS AND A BRO LEADER ! I think what makes Gleipnir and other edge shows stand out of the crowd is those interesting and compelling villains.

Eitherway, stop with those bullshit violins osts, it's so cheesy, and Claire crying is also very out of character, still she's hot and sly as fuck, too bad she can't join the shitheads crew cuz they're all probably serial rapist considering all their transformations are ugly monsters.
Jun 7, 2020 7:27 PM

May 2020
Probably the best part of the episode was the metal struggle and how they dealed w/ it. Claire finally remembered me that she was actually a total genious/nutjob, the way she used Madoka's morals against him was quite astute. And now looks like Claire's sister is gonna something that will lead into the last/final part of the series, I'm interested how this is gonna turn out
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.