Forum Settings
Forums

MAPPA Produces Final 'Shingeki no Kyojin' Anime Season, Compilation Film Announced

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2020 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
deg said:

err right im sharing info here im not looking for attention like you wannabe pretentious poet

Well you just shared some massive misinformation with forums full of vulnerable to fake news Americans. Way to go, way to go...

this is fake news to you? PV Director, Storyboard: Shuuhei Yabuta (Vinland Saga) its in the first post
May 29, 2020 5:02 AM
Apr 2016
deg said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well you just shared some massive misinformation with forums full of vulnerable to fake news Americans. Way to go, way to go...

this is fake news to you? PV Director, Storyboard: Shuuhei Yabuta (Vinland Saga) its in the first post

Drop it deg, everyone can see your posts and your comments on the matter. You will be digging yourself deeper with every word. Like Minneapolis police.
Theo1899 said:
@Daniel_Naumov
From the two shows I've seen by hayashi in the direcor position, one was plain garbage and the other was pretty good so I can't judge his ability. One of the new staff members that's very exciting is chief director Jun Shishido who worked on hajime no ippo. That series had some partiularly well directed boxing action scenes.

Quite thoughtful of you not to mention the "garbage" series. Either way, his track record seems decent and he has enough experience in serious (in all regards) series. Besides, his direction will have to be green-lit by the author of the series itself, preventing any hazard associated with directing deviating from the author's vision.
Re:formed
May 29, 2020 5:04 AM

Jan 2020
The pv looks pretty good, though the character design got me a bit worried, especially in that Levi scene. MAPPA sure had great year, they did great job for Dorohedro, got God of High School, JJK and now AOT
May 29, 2020 5:04 AM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
deg said:

Drop it deg, everyone can see your posts and your comments on the matter. You will be digging yourself deeper with every word. Like Minneapolis police.

ye again you do not know what youre arguing about just re-read my comments on that particular news line then
May 29, 2020 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

Theo1899 said:
@Daniel_Naumov
From the two shows I've seen by hayashi in the direcor position, one was plain garbage and the other was pretty good so I can't judge his ability. One of the new staff members that's very exciting is chief director Jun Shishido who worked on hajime no ippo. That series had some partiularly well directed boxing action scenes.

Quite thoughtful of you not to mention the "garbage" series. Either way, his track record seems decent and he has enough experience in serious (in all regards) series. Besides, his direction will have to be green-lit by the author of the series itself, preventing any hazard associated with directing deviating from the author's vision.

I mentioned it some early heavilly edited and patched post in this thread because OP was still updating the news at that point. The shows are kakegurui and dorohedoro if you are that interested.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 29, 2020 5:16 AM

Mar 2018
Different studio this time huh, the PV looks pretty good, MAPPA has produced some great content before so I guess this last season is in safe hands. Still gonna miss WIT's art-style. The character designs - specifically Levi looks kinda odd.
May 29, 2020 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
Theo1899 said:
Pakumen- said:
-finally, we get rid of the shitty cg.

I see CG in all the places I would expect it from the previous seasons

That´s why I said "Shitty". Wit is very bad in the cg department, Mappa is not.
May 29, 2020 5:22 AM

Jan 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
deg said:

you miss this news last year? here https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/05/19/attack-on-titan-at-its-wits-end/

The thing is that the article does not specify why the studio was changed, only 5that it will be and possible issues with it.

well the article did imply the huge workload and poor production schedule or management of Attack on Titan at WIT studio so they must be fed up and quit
May 29, 2020 5:22 AM
Apr 2016
Theo1899 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I mentioned it some early heavilly edited and patched post in this thread because OP was still updating the news at that point. The shows are kakegurui and dorohedoro if you are that interested.

Ah yeah it would be hard to make just anything decent out of Kakegurui. It was a conceptually flawed story, as such I would not blame the director. Maybe for not refusing to work on it. Nevertheless, I fully endorse MAPPA and its staff for the final season of Shingeki no Kyojin.
May 29, 2020 5:30 AM
Jan 2018
Pakumen- said:
Theo1899 said:

which parts where CG
May 29, 2020 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Pakumen- said:

which parts where CG

A lot of the environmvents especially on fast action scenes and some large objects. Same stuff that was in the previous seasons.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 29, 2020 5:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
"Every shots of this PV were made by the team of MAPPA." - Shuhei Yabuta-sensei (Director of Vinland Saga).

https://twitter.com/yabshu55/status/1266345837367443456

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 29, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2016
Really looking forward to it!

The only season I'm hyped for this since most anime in 2020 don't really appeal to me.
May 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Sep 2017
honestly its looking pretty good, and yeah it doesnt close to season 1 style but still decent guys. lets put some faith on MAPPA, i believe they are doing their best for this final.

i agree this season should be delayed to winter/spring next year, let them finish their JJK and GoHS first

and im curious who was voicing Gabi & Falco?
May 29, 2020 5:51 AM
Jan 2018
that a lot of lets say out of context spoilers for a trailer
May 29, 2020 5:51 AM
Oct 2016
Mappa with the continued heat!!! Becoming one of my favourite Studios. So excited to see how they turn this out
May 29, 2020 5:58 AM

Aug 2017
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Question for people familiar with MAPPA's work. Is there a chance this will become a Berserk?
It won't be. The director actually had a good track record with his works. His most recent, Dorohedoro is great.

Jun 2016
The word mapa is a funny rural rednecky greek word meaning ugly face. Also when we say that something is mapa it means that it's shit or fake. I found that amusing and needed to share.
Mattinator95 said:
that a lot of lets say out of context spoilers for a trailer

Japan seems to have a love affair with spoiler filled trailers. More so than other countries.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Jun 2012
The preview was epic! Mappa is a GOAT studio, this final season will be great. Those character designs look more faithful to the manga.
May 29, 2020 6:00 AM
Jan 2018
https://twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1266299614371516419?s=20

Shuhei Yabuta confirms the Titans PV is pre-animated.
May 29, 2020 6:03 AM

Oct 2017
I really like Mappa's work plus the trailer was beautifully done, so I'm looking forward to this!!

May 29, 2020 6:07 AM

Nov 2007
Yuki Kaji just mentioned on his Twitter account that there's a little new recording for him in compilation film.
https://twitter.com/KAJI__OFFICIAL/status/1266352549713477633
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2020 6:13 AM
Jun 2016
As long as MAPPA adapts the story exactly as it is in the manga, I'm cool with it! Just follow what WIT was doing and all will be fine. This trailer is fucking AMAZING. The animation appears a lot smoother too.
May 29, 2020 6:16 AM

Apr 2015
That PV is so hype!! But with the recent studio changes for some of my beloved franchises (Date a Live, Nanatsu no Taizai), I can't help but be slightly worried to see MAPPA taking this over from WIT studio!

Nevertheless, I can't wait for it to happen!!
May 29, 2020 6:17 AM
Jan 2019
Dorohedoro; AoT Final Season; Jujutsu Kaisen; God of High School....
MAPPA is carrying anime 2020. ALL HAIL MAPPA!!
May 29, 2020 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
Eren is waaaay too big in that key visual.
He's supposed to be about 15 meters tall.
There, he's bigger than the buildings around him and the humans are like ants around his left hand. The proportion is all wrong.
I like the art style, though.
May 29, 2020 6:28 AM

Dec 2018
New chara design is big no from me,but its aot so ill obviously watch it.
Also anyone knows why wit gave up on the project? Its the most popular anime theyve ever made.
May 29, 2020 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
But as long as the music guy is still there aot will still have the same feel to it.
May 29, 2020 6:33 AM

Jun 2016
HansondJayLee said:
Eren is waaaay too big in that key visual.
He's supposed to be about 15 meters tall.
There, he's bigger than the buildings around him and the humans are like ants around his left hand. The proportion is all wrong.
I like the art style, though.

Movie posters and a lot of paintings and other visual arts for that matter tend to mess with the proportions to look more aesthetically pleasing. I doubt they'll mess up in the actual show.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 29, 2020 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Two music producers? No! My s4 ost album should not be tainted!
May 29, 2020 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Uchitama, Dorohedoro, JJK, Listeners, God of High School, AOT, Zombieland saga Seaosn 2 and Mr Love.

jesus, how much they can handle?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 29, 2020 6:48 AM

May 2015
Pakumen- said:
Theo1899 said:

Have you seen Inuyashiki and Zombieland Saga? lol

May 29, 2020 6:53 AM

Jun 2009
I've seen a decent amount of anime from Mappa so I'm not that worried. Honestly I would rather look more towards the staff in charge rather than the studio name.

May 29, 2020 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
Shit quality incoming.
May 29, 2020 7:13 AM
Sep 2018
I am really hoping that the last episode isn't going to turn out to be a disaster or the fantastic. quality of the show dips.
May 29, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2018
Mappa: lemme handle every future anime.

May 29, 2020 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
From an outstanding 2d animation in 2013 to a totally garbage CGI shit in 2020.. and that too from one of the studios I respected so much ...Sigh.. I've lost all hope .. its time to end my anime life ..
*Taking refuge in Korean manhwa
May 29, 2020 7:19 AM
Apr 2016
Sandymikoto said:

*Taking refuge in Korean manhwa

*Barfing profusely from the mere thought of
May 29, 2020 7:28 AM

Aug 2015
Yet another Nanatsu no Taizai situation, where the manga is coming to an end so the anime producers rush to get out a sequel/finale. Just like One Punch Man season 2, they don't understand that fans will wait til the original staff is able to work and watch if it means their product will look amazing. MAPPA I'm sure will do a much better job than Deen with OPM 2 and NnT 3, it may even look great, but it will not be amazing as the Wit seasons.
May 29, 2020 7:28 AM
Feb 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
Finally, some news! Obviously I'm bloody stoked but I just can't help but fear a little.

Firstly, the new Character Designs are a miss for me. While the Marley Characters and Eren look great, Levi, Mikasa and Sasha look disastrous in my honest opinion. My Mikasa, damn it! Levi seriously looks like a fatso meanwhile with the chummy cheeks. Also, the lighting seems to be brighter and I'm not totally in for that either.

Secondly, MAPPA have a lot on their hands with God of High School and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Thirdly, I don't happen to be a huge fan of MAPPA and I don't exactly "trust" them to give this final season the justice that it deserves.

But hey, that aside, it was a good PV it must be said. And I'm just more excited for more animated SnK.

Fall 2020 has probably been ditched now but that's totally a-okay with me. Finish off with GoH and JJK by this year and take your sweet time for this baby.

@ImmovableObject Lol, some people are branding MAPPA as the new/next "J.C. Studio" now over on twitter.

I don’t know much about animation companies but I can agree that some character designs are a letdown... Levi looks like a van just ran over his face, and Mikasa looks like her head is attached to a gorilla’s body.
Also, I think it may be because I am not used to the new art style, but Eren in Titan form looks quite weird to me here•~•
May 29, 2020 7:32 AM
Dec 2017
The fault is of the anime production committe,not of the any of the studios to change the way to handle anime productions.
The committe is the one with all the desicions to give all the work to different studios.
Like what happened with Madhouse and J.C Staff to take care of One Punch Man season 2.
The anime production did'nt care to give Madhouse a year to prepare with all the team that make the first season and give that to J.C staff.And alot of stuff of the money shot animation that was made in the first season of OPM was outsorced to other studios,no only Madhouse.And besides all that you call 'sakuga' animation,is only the tecnique of the money shot that gives the best animation by only a little while in the anime.
All that information and more i get for a spanish speaking channel call "Animacion Arteasanal" that talk's about animation and all the styles beyond Disney,anime and other stuff.I am only recommend to watch if somedy here know spanish.
Thank you.That's all. I give Mappa the final judgement when the anime premieres next year.
May 29, 2020 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
@JR9253
@Theo1899

The trailer will look exactly like the final product as all previous season except for season 1 was also pre animated. Check out the previous seasons trailer and you will recognize all the scenes nothing was left out or even change.

@deg

You see what I'm talking about? You are spreading misinformation now persons are believing what they saw in the preview they wont be what they see in the actual anime.

I know what you are saying but you have worded it wrong and you are giving people the impression that this trailer will look nothing like what it will look when it starts airing.

@LookaLaki

The character design looks more like the manga design now, but meh a lot of person prefer wit design over them manga so I get why you would say that. Season 3 also change design from season 1 too and persons complain but eventually gotten use to it. I hope it will be the same for this.

The TV show will definitely not look like the PV. This is Mappa not Wit. Did you already forget that dororo pre-animated PV? Also the previous preanimated PVs like s2 and the later ones were storyboarded by Imai so we knew they were going to be included in the final version. Unlike Imai, we don't even know if Shuhei Yabuta is working on the final season.
May 29, 2020 7:38 AM
Aug 2018
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me thst this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again
May 29, 2020 7:39 AM
Aug 2018
MAPPA isn’t a bad studio but it worries me that this season is gonna dip in quality due to mappa working on so many projects at once. FFS why couldn’t we have just had Wit again
PotatoWedgeMay 29, 2020 7:43 AM
May 29, 2020 7:41 AM

Dec 2016
Attack On Titan about to go crazy!!!
Studio Mappa does have a lot of anime in the works so I hope AoT anime have consistency.
May 29, 2020 7:52 AM
Feb 2017
Look at the staff they all good
May 29, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2012
Ok, now i'm slightly worried.
May 29, 2020 8:26 AM
Mar 2019
Look at that crew tho.
May 29, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, MAPPA <3 Time to finally catch up with the series.
May 29, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2016
Kanedgy_ said:
FuMomo-kun said:
With Wit Studio gone, I was wondering which studio'd pick it up. I would have preferred Production IG, but Mappa is also great. They have really amazing art and animations. Well, they'll probably make the characters a lot cuter than they should be, I guess. lol. Still, I am glad a good studio picked this up.

The character art from the PV just seems closer to the one from the manga.

Yeah, they are much closer to the manga. I watched the PV a few minutes after writing that comment. And the animations and the characters were perfect!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
6 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.