Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite the more action this episode, I still find it rather adorable at the various character chemistry between the cast. Hell, even Yuki gets some screentime.

Those shadow entities posed a threat but honestly, the episode still felt like most of the others with the usual light comedy. Still, I suppose Christina isn't one to take lightly against in a fight. Ames is pretty cool though this episode imo.

May 18, 2020 8:53 AM

Feb 2018
An exciting episode, I'm interested in Eustiana and Momochi. Actually the two of them were very cute but for some reason they were difficult to get along, seeing Momochi's expression when embarrassed made me fall in love with her.

It seems like the village is being attacked by a group of black shadows, how should I call it ... Eustiana with her sword now has to fight the pink haired girl with a bow / archer as her weapon. Kokoro and his friends who realized that the village had been attacked immediately rushed there but it seemed like they had to face one of the enemies too.

SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:26 AM
May 18, 2020 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode. I liked the call back to the original party. Christina strong as ever.
If I had a complaint though, it's that they don't really show why Yuuki-kun's buff powers are important.
Peco and Kyaru for example are already super strong and he never buffs them.
And the girls fighting Christina, we don't actually see how they were fairing really before the buff so we can't compare. Take Hatsune, we never see her attack prebuff so it is hard to gauge what has changed.

Yuuki-kun seems to be talking more now and appears to be more intelligent on what is going on.
May 18, 2020 10:00 AM
Dec 2017
I wonder if it's just good CG or some kind of renders made with a game engine (like No Guns Life).
May 18, 2020 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Getting to know more characters is always the charm of this show, as seen by the OP of course. With that many characters though, help is easier said and done.

Other than that though, Pecorine, Karyl, Koro-ster and Yuuki on the seatch for more ingredients, and suddenly things getting more sinister with the plot.

The Shadows though, are a major threat in this point of time, and someone losing his/her subconscious can really wreck the mind (a.k.a Hatsune's sister Shiori), and that's Karyl's POV and her original purpose (that somehow though Pecorine's interactions, changed her mind about it).

Starting with the fight against Christina, she's a tough nut to crack, but Yuuki's buff...I'd get it if it's by hook or by crook, but it seems that the Yuuki we know so far, there's still MORE to him than we could ever fathom. Reagrdless, everyone's collective efforts made their fight worthwhile.

Otherwise, a preparation and a premontion of things to come. Now, I'd really want to know what's going on with Yuuki and the "KonoSuba" summoning.

A very thrilling episode though, can't wait to see more action and the subverting plot behind just the gourmet-style setting.

Sondfer said:
I wonder if it's just good CG or some kind of renders made with a game engine (like No Guns Life).
Cygames produce mobile games, and this show is done at their in-house studio, so if you'd play any of their games before you can expect it to be just as good in the animation department.
KANLen09May 18, 2020 10:23 AM
May 18, 2020 11:01 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
MC showing his target support skill, Union Burst, buffing his allies. It's nice seeing Hiyori, Yui and Rei from his flashback in this ep.

Christina is pretty broken with her ability.
She's op. It remind me of Emiya Kiritsugu's Time alter - double accel
Fuwa_sanMay 18, 2020 1:46 PM
May 18, 2020 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
I dont want to be overly critical as Im still not sure the point of the show, but the first fight between arrow girl and her old friend didn't feel like it carried any energy. However, it looks like that was just a dirty appetiser in the run up to the main course. The fight with the sword lady I found really fun and well executed. You could feel the energy of that battle as it was fought. Still, shes clearly nails as she walked away from it feeling pleased with herself!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 18, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode! We keep getting more plot (apart from the plot that each girl offers). Once again we had a glimpse of Yuuki's old party... who, searching a little, are voiced by Nao Touyama, Risa Taneda and Saori Hayami. Man, that's not fair, I love Kokkoro, Pecorine and Kyaru but can we have his old party back? xD.

I liked to see Yuuki being more competent and determined in this episode, but even with his buff, Christina is way too op.

Kyaru can fight! Nice xD.

I love Kana Hanazawa's characters like Aoi <3

Shiori and Hatsune's relationship is so wholesome. I'm glad this ended well for them.
SkyLETVMay 18, 2020 12:03 PM
May 18, 2020 12:10 PM

Apr 2020
Finally some action from the MC! Was hoping he wouldn't get kicked off the screen like in Super Smash Bros. XD

So Shiori got sent the shadow realm but was able to escape with the help of Hatsune. Christina had nothing to do with unleashing the Shadows?

May 18, 2020 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
The special effects looked amazing, this studio really knows how to do magic and light shows properly.
May 18, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2017
Karyl just keeps on growing and stealing the show. It was nice to get some action from everyone, Christina is pretty OP with her phasing like skill.

KanameYuuki said:
The special effects looked amazing, this studio really knows how to do magic and light shows properly.

Agreed. Those shadow things didn't seem like CG at all, they felt like it but I can't quite put my eyes on it. Also, the smoothness was a real eyegasmer. All the effects are just great.
May 18, 2020 1:23 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
At lot more action in this episode as Shiori was possessed by a shadow, but was rescued by Hatsune and her friends. Yuuki learns a new ability and Pecorine continues to show how OP she is after eating a lot of food.
May 18, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
What's up with Ayumi cameo tho?
[EDIT]She apparently appeared during every episode, lol.. XD
“I-I'm not a stalker... I just... am happy watching over Yuuki from afar...” (Ayumi Ishibashi)

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots. One one is allowed.
Koito91Jun 9, 2020 7:24 AM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Sep 2014
Nice Kyaru and Peco moments ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) loved seeing Kyaru using her Burst too.
Christina op as hell damn, was great to see her in action.
All's well that ends well, Shiorin and Hatsune relationship too sweet hnnggg.
Wonder if we'll see Yuuki's old party..
May 18, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
nerfx said:

well, they already appear in OP and even more clearly in this episode. I'm pretty sure we will get a flashback episode about them n Yuuki..

May 18, 2020 2:29 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
nerfx said:

well, they already appear in OP and even more clearly in this episode. I'm pretty sure we will get a flashback episode about them n Yuuki..
We will definitely see them in anime,
theENTERMay 18, 2020 5:38 PM
May 18, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
It was a pretty good episode, but I feel like this show works best with the comedy

Great usage of CGI, and those special effects damn
May 18, 2020 3:05 PM
Jan 2017
I like this show, I really do, but sometimes it can be too cutesy and saccharine. I get that this is a show for kids, but a show's target demographic shouldn't prevent the character moments from carrying a bit more pathos and gravitas. That said, I can enjoy the character moments on isolation. I'm very intrigued on how the mystery surrounding Yuuki will develop. This episode opened up a lot of possibilities regarding Yuuki and his previous teammates. Still, I'm not sure if Princess Connect! Re:Dive will able to deliver on this now that the show is past the halfway mark. I can only hope that the show does its characters and plotlines justice as it moves forward.
May 18, 2020 3:25 PM

Mar 2019
Fight episode, the animation was surprisingly good especiallythe cgi
I like the goddess who kinda ressurrected Yuuki, she looks good
May 18, 2020 4:14 PM

Nov 2013
holy shit, SUCH A GOOD EPISODE!
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 18, 2020 4:21 PM

Jan 2017
As cliché as it was I absolutely love lt!
The visuals were way beyond from what you except in a standard TV series.

Also that MC "power up my harem" skill is quite similar to the MC "unique ability" from Masou Gakuen HxH.
May 18, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
nerfx said:

Here's something without spoilers
May 18, 2020 5:47 PM
Oct 2019
This episode is just like Hatsune's Present event all over again like in the actual game
May 18, 2020 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode!!

Quite some action again with all these shadows lurking around. I do gotta say that the Animation still impresses me a lot for this show! Especially near the end it's really great! Also the CGI for the shadows is actually really nicely done!

I love that we got a glimpse of Yuuki's previous adventure team!

Christina is very overpowered, even with the support of Yuuki's ability, they didn't stand a chance!

The Pecorine & Karyl moments are only getting better, this episode also had a great one again! Their teamwork was also nice to see!
May 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
oh my! the action scenes on this episode was pretty impressive and sfx as well!
5/5.

May 18, 2020 6:24 PM

Nov 2018
I liked that there was more action in this episode with the shadows. Pretty good animation in that department. I also liked how the characters interact with each other in every episode which is great especially between Pecorine and Karyl which is what I like to see every week.

Finally, Yuki is talking more and it seems there's a lot more to dive into with his character than we know. I also liked to see his buffing skill and his other support skills that were used.

The comedy is probably the highlight of the show overall and is basically like a PG Konosuba. I want to know about Yuki's old party some more which we'll see in future episodes. Good episode even though it doesn't really have anything we haven't seen before already. Can't wait for episode 8!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 18, 2020 8:37 PM

Aug 2018
Holy smokes!

What a great ep
I like how this anime can shift to cutesy to serious mode.

Christina literally 1v5 Team B lmao shes strong af

Also the powers on this anime were pretty unique

Lastly the animation still superb af its like it comes from the future
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 18, 2020 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
i just want my pseudo konsosuba comedy back ,though the action still looks good so that's fine i guess Christina is still busted just like her game counterpart as expected of someone of her rarity
May 18, 2020 10:58 PM

Oct 2017
This episode was full of action scenes and those were lit. Yuki helped again with his extreme buff power and Hatsune's attacks were dope. Also nice Shiori's back to normal.
May 18, 2020 11:43 PM

Oct 2007
People trying to cut up each other with swords. Almost no jokes this episode.

Good thing Kokkoro is alert, enchant Yuuki just in time with magic so he didn't get instantly killed.

Ames is beautiful. I hope she get more screentime.

Scary, those shadow things go inside people.

Karyl the true friend. I hope she does not get into trouble for helping fight the shadows.

Them saying "this is so good!" at the end make me laugh a little. ^^

looking forward to next week! :)
Liddo-kunMay 18, 2020 11:57 PM
May 19, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... Yukki is so shit man. Good episode. Shit really got dark in this colorful anime. Didn't expect that to happen. Fighting animations were good. Ok episode
May 19, 2020 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was so shallow, the whole time I was thinking what a waste using animation like this here is. Cast is expanding too fast to give a damn about anyone's standard sad backstory.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 19, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 2012
everything here is perfect. the art. the battle scenes. everything. 10/10
May 19, 2020 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
Does this show have unlimited budget? O___________O

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

May 19, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2018
Lol, I know Yui (pink girl from protag's previous party) is a walking spoiler but why the anime's showing them like they're dead or something? They're all alive and kicking in case somebody wants to know. Since the other thread said this'll be only 13 episodes, I'm gonna bet my ass that this season'll end when protag reunites with Twinkle Wish, the guild of his old teammates.

Anyway, best episode. It got serious for a change. They even skipped OP and ED. I hope this'll shut up some hate-watchers in "protag is useless" camp and "the story is all sunshine and rainbows" camp. Altho somehow, I get the vibe that this'll be the last time it'll get serious and we're back to Gourmet Guild adventures next time because judging from next episode's title, Little Lyrical (3 loli guild) will be back and take the spotlight.

Geez, Nozomi and her gang should hurry and show up, or Hatsune'll take the best girl spot, at least for me.

May 20, 2020 1:55 AM

Apr 2020
So, he remembered how to use his skill??
May 20, 2020 6:02 AM
Dec 2014
Ohta08 said:
This episode is just like Hatsune's Present event all over again like in the actual game
I agree, personally wanted the"smiley contrast" song as the ending of this episode...

p.s. hope they will animate the Re:zero collab event... unlikely they are going to do that though...

theENTERMay 20, 2020 6:10 AM
May 20, 2020 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
This was a nice action-packed episode where we also got information here and there regarding the overall plot but I'll need to see more to make complete sense of it. I'm guessing we might be going back to the comedy in the next episode, I'm looking forward to it!
May 20, 2020 7:30 AM
Dec 2014
Rythme said:
this anime is based on mobile game of same name, which is popular in Japan and South Korea.. Cygames is probably using their money which got from the players of the game in this anime (to promote their game..)obviously..
theENTERMay 20, 2020 7:40 AM
May 20, 2020 8:46 AM

Mar 2010
theENTER said:
Rythme said:
this anime is based on mobile game of same name, which is popular in Japan and South Korea.. Cygames is probably using their money which got from the players of the game in this anime (to promote their game..)obviously..

Despite knowing that, I'm still amazed. Most game studios don't seem to risk putting that much money and effort into anime no matter how popular.

Now Watching

SV-Mirage

May 20, 2020 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
Rythme said:
theENTER said:

Despite knowing that, I'm still amazed. Most game studios don't seem to risk putting that much money and effort into anime no matter how popular.
man, do u know all the famous seiyuu they got for this game/anime.. kana hana, minase inori, maaya uchida, sora amamiya, etc. Its basically all star anime..
lswarmrulerMay 20, 2020 9:49 AM

May 20, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2010
lswarmruler said:
Rythme said:

man, do u know all the famous seiyuu they got for this game/anime.. kana hana, minase inori, maaya uchida, sora amamiya, etc. Its basically all star anime..

Of course! They take lots of screen time too even though they aren't main (like Hanakana in this ep). That's how much they wanna flex their budget for the anime, and I'm glad that's the case, haha.
And in other anime from game, I feel like they only tend to have famous seiyuu but they don't put as much effort into production itself, unlike this anime which do both.

Now Watching

SV-Mirage

May 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
The animation is really nice and awesome~ I really love all the colors/color effects during fight scene~ ^_^
May 20, 2020 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
lswarmruler said:
Rythme said:

Was surprised that Yui Horie voice someone in this show. I hope to see vice captain again! :)

Looking forward to see the character voiced by Amamiya Sora (no need to answer me on this, don't want to be spoiled).
May 20, 2020 4:42 PM

Nov 2016
Christina for best girl simply because she reminds me so much of Elsa from Re:Zero :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 21, 2020 5:29 AM

Apr 2020
OH MY GAWD! CYGAMES IS JUST FLEXING THAT BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION WOW!

Seriously, this show wouldn't be as enjoyable as it is, if it wasn't just so drop dead gorgeous to look at.

However, the character interactions are pretty good too, Pecorine and Karyl-chan interactions made me wanna die from cuteness overload.
May 21, 2020 10:40 PM
Jul 2016
lswarmruler said:
What's up with Ayumi cameo tho?
[EDIT]She apparently appeared during every episode, lol.. XD
“I-I'm not a stalker... I just... am happy watching over Yuuki from afar...” (Ayumi Ishibashi)

OMG, how can I not realize this sooner. LOL
Anyway still can't believe the rating is still under 7.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Koito91Jun 9, 2020 7:24 AM
May 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
Dikicchi said:

OMG, how can I not realize this sooner. LOL
Anyway still can't believe the rating is still under 7.
i realize her appearance in episode 3 n 5 but dunno her identity till someone in gogoanime disqus mention her name when someone ask who is behind the tree in episode 6.

Nah, don't care that much about MAL rating. I only believe with my own rating anyway. But I'm pretty sure priconne will be above 7 after the end, as many users give score after finish completing it.
lswarmrulerMay 22, 2020 7:46 AM

May 23, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2017
Smiley Contrast is soooo good even though I don't really care for either Shiori (excluding the Mahou Shoujo event) or Hatsune

I really hate seeing Yuuki charge in every single time even though him being weak but having OP buffs is kind of the point. The buffs also doesn't get potrayed as very strong.
Loop_StratosMay 23, 2020 3:15 AM
May 23, 2020 3:20 AM

Oct 2007
The buffs also doesn't get potrayed as very strong.

I'm actually glad the buffs are not very strong strong, because if it is.. this anime would start going the route of OP mc, and we already have a lot of that kind.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This anime isn't funny

Keanan88 - Jun 11, 2020

34 by Kristiwazhere »»
Feb 28, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

81 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2020

132 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2020

180 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

106 by TanzimFarhad »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.