Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 9, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
Another blistering success arranged by Chika, that musical duo part was awesome. Also, Kaguya, god damn, how many mental punches and counter punches she took...

Great episode, everyone made the most of their screen time.
May 9, 2020 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
Always a fan of skits with Chika training Shirogane lol. I do feel like the pace was a bit faster than usual, but as long as it doesn't happen in the most hilarious chapters or the most important ones I'm okay with it.
May 9, 2020 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
TOMEK18 said:
Am I the only manga reader who thought they did it better in the anime?

You're not, it's a shame that the Hayasaka part got cut but I laughed more watching the anime than when I read the fetish chapters, Fujimom on Mother's Day was also so much better since we could actually hear how horrible Prez was. Kaguya trying to manipulate Iino was a dark scene the whole time, it really showcased how terrifying a Shinomiya can be and how hard Kaguya is working for Miyuki (the only way she knows how). I loved every second of it, it may be a weaker episode, the weakest on this season even, but by no means it is weak at all.
May 9, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2017
Am I the only one who missed the fact that Kaguya was lusting after Miyuki? I thought she had weird taste, but it didn't click that it was a fetish until I tried to look up the online discussion for it.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 9, 2020 12:36 PM
May 2020
Honestly, though does seem to be an unpopular opinion, I thought this episode was better than last week’s, which was my worst episode of the season. I think as someone said before in this thread that the eyes chapters were originally way too slow paced for the joke it was telling, and cutting the two to make them basically a single skit made it way more enjoyable than the manga, at least for me. I never felt the pacing was too fast, and that honestly surprised me, because when they adapted the 4 French chapters last season I did think those were rushed. I honestly thought this one had perfect pacing. But as always, this stuff is subjective I guess.
May 9, 2020 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
Kinda unexpected some manga readers didn't like this as much as the other episodes. As I haven't read the manga multiple times, so there's no way I'll recall off the top of my head details that may have been skipped. But the only thing that felt a little off was the fact Iino only appeared again towards the end of the episode.

There may not have been any "special" moments like the stargazing scene or the whole school eagerly waiting for a confession. But even then, as a whole this made me laugh more than the previous episodes. (Chika not knowing Shirogane's birthday takes the cake as the funniest scene though)
May 9, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
enjoyed every bit of this episode, perks of being an anime watcher only huh? tho im pretty sure ill pick the manga up after the last episode.
im a bit scared at that campaign ad posted by chika, learning it was all chika's initiative had me a bit worried lol. well as long it's not worse than lino's campaign ad, it'll be all good. if only kaguya realizes that she doesnt need to do anything for shirogane to win
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
May 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
The two first chapters were definitely rushed which was a shame, I really really liked them but oh well you need to cut some stuff.

While the 3rd one(the singing one) it was really well adapted, but I couldn't stop but wonder, how can they waste so much time during the election? A small reminder like the first hayasaka chapter that it was before summer vacation would have been perfect but they decided to put it in the election time... kinda a bad move imo.

Finally the last chapter was perfectly adapted no problem. Sadly this episode was just kind of a mess to me, wasn't that enjoyable. Hopefully the next episode deliver because we have the perfect set up to do the election arc properly now.
May 9, 2020 1:26 PM

Mar 2010
So many great moments, Love truly is based on individual merits but its baseline is putting up with them. Chika will probably be the best wifey. Love her. Other than that Hayasaka is really reliable another promising wifey.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
Too bad they want to finish the election arc in 2 eps. They will probably adapt the last chapters next episode.

Not that I hate. The best of Kaguya will happen after the election anyway...

May 9, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2019
May 9, 2020 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
AdrianRubinsky said:
Too bad they want to finish the election arc in 2 eps. They will probably adapt the last chapters next episode.

Not that I hate. The best of Kaguya will happen after the election anyway...

The election arc really isnt that long all things considered its just the first time of many to come where there is something you can even call an arc, but looking back on it there seriously isnt much in the series that would take multiple episodes to adapt when you really look at alot of it, they really could of just skipped the eye chapters and done it with this week but thank god they didnt cause they'd just rush what I'd consider to be some pretty great chapters at the end of it.

ShinyOppai said:
Hey Hello!! where is my special ending!!?
it'l come eventually, I feel like theres really no way its gonna have the same impact though when it does especially if it just feels like they are attempting to replicate something rather than do it new.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2019
God bless this anime. What a show, daaamn. Its sooo good!
There's so much meme material in this epi

Totally loved the ptsd chicka flashbacks, the subtle fetish introduction, the way they reacted and this skit like composition as whole. Can't wait for new epi

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
May 9, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Fujiwara stole the show today, she's so proud of Shirogane ha
May 9, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2018
The talk about "true love' was hilarious as well as Fujiwara teaching Shirogane how to sing.
May 9, 2020 3:18 PM

May 2019
That singing part was pretty stupid and nowhere near good as the previous volleyball one.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 9, 2020 3:22 PM
Apr 2019
Did anyone catch the reference to COVID-19 ? It was near the beginning of the episode when Shirogane said to Fujiwara “Why are you social distancing?” Was this intended ? Up for debate I guess ... ;)
)^o^(
May 9, 2020 3:22 PM
Apr 2019
Did anyone catch the reference to COVID-19 ? It was near the beginning of the episode when Shirogane said to Fujiwara “Why are you social distancing?” Was this intended ? Up for debate I guess ... ;)
)^o^(
May 9, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2013
It's amusing how quickly Kaguya turns from a cold, sharp negotiator into a flustered schoolgirl the moment Miko mentions Shirogane, yet Miku does not realize what has just happened.
May 9, 2020 3:30 PM
Apr 2020
The Episode Director is Vtuber ?
May 9, 2020 4:15 PM

Apr 2015
krxst1echan said:
)^o^(

Aniplex subbers chose the term social distancing. But this manga chapter was released back in 2017 with the same scenario so it was just pure coincidence.
May 9, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2019
Quite the jump in manga chapters; still an enjoyable ep nonetheless!
Here we go again...
May 9, 2020 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
Mohammadalmannai said:
krxst1echan said:
)^o^(

Aniplex subbers chose the term social distancing. But this manga chapter was released back in 2017 with the same scenario so it was just pure coincidence.

Not coincidence. They actively worked at this by changing the script.

The translator, editor, and anyone else involved in localizing this episode should honestly all be fired.

It's basically Rule 1 of localization to NOT rewrite the script and that's literally what they did twice with the "social distance" lines. The Japanese did not say that so the subs should not say that. It was a really tasteless and poor attempt to be "funny" and "current". You don't do that with someone else's work. Write a fanfic for that crap
May 9, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2018
This has probably been my favorite/funniest episode for me so far. I laughed out loud multiple times this episode and I just really enjoyed it. All the jokes landed hard for me. Really great! So far this season seems to be better than the first! Hope it keeps it up!
May 9, 2020 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
Fujiwara being Shirogane's mother never gets old. She even broke down crying seeing her son sing LOL

Kaguya was a terrifying negotiator until Shirogane's name was brought up. Poor Kaguya looked traumatised at the end.
May 9, 2020 5:25 PM

Feb 2016
Ah yes, the true love discussion, one of my favorite scenes from the manga.
It's true that the pacing tends to be pretty fast perhaps, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.
May 9, 2020 5:28 PM
Aug 2017
Welp I'm not really mad with the skipped parts , but there are some dialogues about Ishigami that were cut off, and those I feel they give him some presence for the next episodes.

Anyways, it was a good chapter, not the best, but not awful too.

4/5
May 9, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was very hillarious! XD Shirogane was unrecognizable with that fresh vibe! Shocking! *-* And the exausted (zombie) look was so out of the blue it was funny XD
Oh no, the moment he sang hurt my ears, but I was happy to see Fujiwara help him practice after that, even after what happened during her previous (first) lesson. Very nice! Seeing her cry proudly with her success was adorable <3
PurpleGirl203May 9, 2020 5:33 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
the amount of funny faces are off the charts this week lol
especially the return of mama Chika
May 9, 2020 7:34 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah it's this kind of stiffness that made me never like iino, but aside from that the episode was still great.

Looking forward to things to come.
May 9, 2020 7:54 PM

Aug 2019
lmao ishigami really give the real life lessons here, hope he gets more moments like that honestly
Damn Chika really the parent here, building Shirogane from the bottom up to being a capable singer, oh also i've studied music for 2 years and still can't understand shit so i can't blame him for not understanding xD
Intentionally or not, Iino managed to flip the argument over on Shinomiya with her emotions, i guess thats one weakness to a all knowing overlord we'd least expect.
May 9, 2020 8:04 PM

Feb 2018
Sometimes I'm glad I don't read manga. A lot of the folks keeping up with the manga seem displeased with this episode and all the stuff they skipped, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 9, 2020 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
Five episodes to finally have the first "O kawaii koto~" moment of this season. It sure took its time, uh?

Honestly, I was expecting a lot more from the "Miyuki becomes popular" segment. I mean, just imagine the possibilities but well.

Overall, another entertaining episode but not as strong as the previous ones. Kaguya having a fetish for exhausted Miyuki was quite the curious revelation tho.
May 9, 2020 8:33 PM
Jan 2020
02:48 Chika is doing her duty, social distancing
8:20 Chika's always there to fuck it up eh?
Dang Kaguya is in love with zombie Shirogane
12:28 Finally the "How cute" face is here. I miss this face so much 😊
16:13 Chika deserves the title "Mama of the year"!
18:20 Kaguya has just died in Chika’s boobs… They are lethal weapons…
18:34 Kaguya is carrying out some shady business out there
18:56 "Campaign promises are just like decorations" True :))
22:43 Goodjob, Miko! You has said the line that every viewer wants to say =)
23:35 I really thought kaguya would switch sides till Miko pull "No romace" card
May 9, 2020 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
Miko is in the opening animation so wonder if we'll see more of her after she loses... And boy is she gonna lose talking about discipline to her classmates, and then scaring the cute side of Kaguya, of all people.

Likewise think the episode works having not read the manga, not really that much more jumping around than any other episode. I may check out the manga to see Kaguya's machinations with the other candidates that were just hinted at here, but the show does well having her be around characters who her vulnerable side rather than her in ruthless mode.

Subtitle jokes dumb but nothing was lost so meh.
May 9, 2020 8:55 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Seeing Chika mommy Shirogane again was pretty great. Also the part between Kaguya and Miko Iino was nice. Kaguya really was out there thinking that Miko was complimenting how similar she and Shirogane were.
May 9, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2019
Manga readers seem to be upset about parts that were left out, leading to rushed pacing.

I haven't read the manga, but I didn't stop smiling the whole episode through. While this episode may have lacked the traditional battles between our lovers, I still thoroughly enjoyed it's trademark charm and style.

Also seeing Kaguya go ruthless on the competition was incredible.
May 9, 2020 9:11 PM

Nov 2007

This week you need to give it to the all conquering Fujimama! So, the screecap is dedicated to the Rabu-tantei Chika!

I really thought the pace was too much in order to squeeze in 4 chapters (even without an ED). The Hayasaka part was one of my faves from these chapters and it got truncated to make room for other moments. In short: Read the manga!

Regardless, I have to give it to the voice acting and overall direction of the parts that were animated.

Also, Iino<3 is just too pure and we cannot hate her for that, now can we? The way she didn't forget to blush a bit while saying "Might as well get married" was so adorable! Haha!

Kaguya finally met her match in the incorruptible Iino! But it's her blushes that left a bigger impression!

I really thought we would jump straight to elections arc so I can see why manga readers might feel like a deep in the run on top of being rushed. But hey, we got some bonus contents that might not have been animated.

Election Arc next!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Oct 2016
I honestly think they did a good job squeezing in 4 chapters these episodes, the transitions were smooth enough.

They skipped some stuff but, they were not really super important, this episode was still amazing the adaptation will not always be 1 x 1 with the manga besides we are lucky that our beloved manga is having an amazing adaptation.

We get the best of both worlds, the manga and the anime.
May 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
I loved the episode and laughed a lot but felt like a lot of the humor was repetitive as usual. Usually repetitive or reiterated gags work, even in Kaguya-sama but for some reason in this episode, I didn't laugh as much at the parts with Chika raising that boy again and Kaguya trying to cull the rival candidates.
臭い-
May 9, 2020 9:35 PM

Apr 2019
Really glad that they adapted the "Shirogane wants to sing" chapter.

I think Fujiwara would make a pretty good teacher.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
May 9, 2020 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
Chika Mama is the mom we all need. She raised that boy. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 9, 2020 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Just ok. Reiterated gags as someone else said, which is not too bad for this series. "Social distancing" (doubt that's an accurate translation).
I really expected there to be more of that new character in this episode, but nope. Just one part of the episode again. I thought she'd be a new main character that actually shows up often like the other ones, but maybe not.
May 9, 2020 11:23 PM

Feb 2019
Can't forget how great Kashiwagi is! She's basically Kaguya's protective friend and who understands her cloistered upbringing best. Can't get enough of her reactions. Also loved her inner comments when Kaguya was saying it was about a 'friend'.

Chika is going to have PTSD from teaching Miyuki one of these days.

Next up, the election! So looking forward to it. Loved it so much, can't wait to see it get animated!
May 10, 2020 12:20 AM

Feb 2017
-Stray said:
I’ve been praising season 2 non stop but this has to be the worst ep yet in both s1 and s2, the pacing was awkwardly fast, they skipped a lot of fun shit too like Hayasaka calling Kaguya out on her “true love” shtick and them skpping Kaguya pushing the other ones out of the race(tho I dont really remember if they did skip it, was lost for words with how I got bored with 1st and 2nd parts that I lost hope for the 3rd part). Anyways not a fan of the ep.

LOLs... FOR ME, this episode was really solid & good.
Also both funny & kind of emotional.
May 10, 2020 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
That was a devilish singing, too bad it's gone now.
May 10, 2020 1:27 AM

Aug 2019
Love the episode cannot wait to see what happens.
May 10, 2020 2:15 AM
Sep 2019
cchigu said:
Lol, buddy, you just wrote a D-mail, better delete this shit before SERN is on your ass.

Lmao this comment is genius
May 10, 2020 2:26 AM

Jan 2015
I felt this episode was a bit weaker than the last 4. The pacing was a bit off and the episodic nature of it in which the events weren't connected much with one another, as compared to the previous 4 which progressed the story, both are the major reasons for it. Still a great episode nonetheless.
May 10, 2020 3:33 AM
Feb 2020
EXITED FOR ELECTION NEXT WEEK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.