Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 13, 2010 11:15 PM

May 2010
I don't get it...I don't think I will ever understand this Anime.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 30, 2011 7:24 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this was so much better than the first season. Some say they thought it was too serious, but I preferred that angle and how characters relationships deepened so beautifully because of it. I like the comedy in Honey and Clover, but injecting too much into the sequel would have weakened it.

I cried when Takemoto found the four leaf clovers on his sandwiches. I finally felt something for Morita when they stopped making him being there solely for the point of humour (I was waiting so long for development on his part), and his brother's story was amazing. I wasn't too enamoured with Hagu and Morita's relationship, so I'm happy with the way it ended, even though I can't see Hanamoto and Hagu's relationship as romantic.

10/10.
Jan 31, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2010
I totally loved the second season, it was better than the first one. The pace was a bit faster and the drama more intense and wow all the character story's were pretty heavy sometimes... I'm glad I finished it though and I'll def miss it :(

I liked the ending for Hagu and Shuu-chan but poor Morita and Yuuta, they were the only ones without a really happy ending... But the last lines of Yuuta were just so touching and I now know why it's called Honey & Clover... <3
Mar 13, 2011 12:01 AM

Oct 2010
This show had so much meaning all the way through
10/10
Mar 22, 2011 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
I enjoyed the series - it didn't touch me like Clannad but, it was very well done - not so cliche etc, not totally predictable, which was nice I guess.
Mar 24, 2011 9:31 PM

Sep 2009
I think it was a really good and powerful ending....it just struck me as weird when she got all touchy with Takemoto at the LAST episode...when all she was ever thinking about before was Morita...UGH.

Overall, i'm disappointed in the ending, but i still give the anime a ten.
Apr 12, 2011 11:08 PM

Apr 2010
Bittersweet ending. It is truly a beautiful series, although the left field ending kinda left me with a wut expression. I guess I am one of the few who was glad morita didn't end up with hagu. Although I had hopes for takemoto I kind of dig how they don't toss him any bones really. His life sucks but he just mans up and deals with it. It's honestly crazy how this anime replicates life, as silly as that sounds.
May 9, 2011 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
It was pretty good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first season, which I thought was amazing.
A few things bugged me about season 2 that left me with a weird feeling.

First, is Shuu confessing his love for Hagu. I don't really care for the age gap. My main gripe lies in the fact that Hagu is Shuu's cousins daughter (according to season 1). That would mean Shuu is Hagu's biological uncle. Nevermind the fact that he raised her as a father figure ever since she was so little she peed her bed (according to season 2 episode 12).

Second, Takemaru seemed a bit neglected in the story. Whatever happened to the end of season 1 with his bike journey? In that episode the most important thing for me was that he actually found some courage and decisiveness for once which leads him to confess to Hagu. However, that is all missing in season 2.
He kind of passively does nothing the whole season except give excuses to not try. Only time he gets near hagu is tagging along with Yamada, or when Morita rushes the hospital-- a far cry from seeing her as the important thing from his bike journey. Very dissapointed.
ve1lMay 10, 2011 1:09 AM
May 12, 2011 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Great season. I loved hat it was just as good as the first. Honey and Clover was just such a sweet series.

Overall, I gave this series a 7/10.

May 17, 2011 5:40 AM

Dec 2010
I loved this series immensly. A great set of characters, wonderful soundtrack, and just a laid-back atmosphere behind it all. And the ending was very touching.

I'ma give it a 9/10.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 20, 2011 2:22 PM
Apr 2011
and that was the end i think it was kinda a good ending but i also have wanted that hagu-chan be with morita-san
but i have liked that ending too n_n
Jun 20, 2011 2:56 AM
Aug 2010
Rewatch.
Jul 7, 2011 7:40 PM

Mar 2009
Gonna miss this one. I can't believe I don't have any more episodes to watch. =(

10/10, easily. I loved it almost as much as I loved the first season.

And, oh yeah, those honey and clover sandwiches made me cry. Perfect way to end it all.
Poor Takemoto...
MormegilJul 7, 2011 7:44 PM
Jul 16, 2011 4:17 PM
Jun 2011
So in the end - Hagu stayed with her cousin Shuuji. It makes sense as she has been with him most of her life and her future is now in question as an artist. He indicated that he loves her - was it romantic or other - I just find it fuzzy.

What love is it for Shinobu?

What type of love for Yuuta?

I fell that they left ayummi in the dark......

Any thoughts?
Jul 26, 2011 8:05 AM

Mar 2011
*yawn*
The comedy was good, but the rest was pretty lame, if not outright boring.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Aug 9, 2011 12:39 PM

Nov 2010
Takemoto must be the worst mainchar ever. First of all I couldnt see any charm in Hagu, who was supposed to be a gifted kid but I can't recall seing her complete any work at all. Only the teacher guy had a believeable reason to like her, which was still somewhat a mix of loli fetish and maternal instinct. Others took a shine to hagu since she was the only undecided girl around i suppose, because otherwise, why? In the end noone but the glasses guy had any will to fight for anyone and he carried the anime to be barely watchable.
Aug 28, 2011 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
Love it.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Aug 30, 2011 8:36 PM
Feb 2011
The series was probably the best romance anime I have ever seen.

The bike ride and train scene seemed kind of cruel, nails into the coffin type of thing. I can't agree with Hagu's pairing sadly enough. The Train scene was the only scene that really made me tear up. I couldn't feel most of the other relationships very much. And my favorite character had the worst ending lol. I still never grew to like Nomiya.

But enough with the put downs, the show is an amazing anime.
Sep 2, 2011 8:01 AM

Apr 2011
The best slice of life. Ever.
Sep 14, 2011 5:17 PM

May 2010
Loved watching H&C, However, I wanted Hagu-chan to be with Yuta, and when I relized it wasn't going to happen, I was so sad and mad at the same time. :/
But I guess i'll live because they had a moment in the end. TT.TT
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 15, 2011 3:38 PM

Sep 2010
This season was even better than the first one, cuz well.. in this one morita showed up more

they give too much attention to taekmoto :S , i don't rlly like him ... but anyway GREAT ANIME , i rlly liked it simple and lovely

10/10
Nov 22, 2011 12:03 PM
Jun 2011
Silent_Scream said:
The best slice of life. Ever.

YEP one of the greatest anime I ever watched
Nov 22, 2011 12:04 PM
Jun 2011
Confucius said:
I don't get it...I don't think I will ever understand this Anime.

what is there not to get?
Dec 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
I get family = squick.
But why do people keeping posting cousin's daughter = neice?
It doesnt. Sibling's daughter = neice.
Cousin's daughter = Cousin Once Removed. Depending on what country the language is spoken it is interchangable with Second cousin.
NOT Uncle/Neice.
Its bugging the hell out of me... Someone please answer? Im not being snarky I actually want to know LOL
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Dec 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Nov 2011
This is the best slice of life anime ever, i watched 12 episodes within a day.

I was touched at the ending, when Takemoto says his first line, "a six tatami room with no bath, 10 minute walk from the college yada yada blah blah blah" after that I shiver, big time! And when he cried out loud inside the train, I can't help myself from crying too ahahaha.

My bias character would be Yamada, because I feel the same way you can't tell the reason why you love a certain person even if it hurts you so bad. But finally there's Nomiya-san who's on her side.

I'll give this anime a 10/10 :)

Still a good ending.
Dec 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Nov 2009
So much better than the first season in every aspect. I love the director of this season, should've done the first one as well.

9/10
Jan 2, 2012 8:08 AM
Jul 2011
10/10, no less.
This anime needs no alterations (except for a redub of Takemoto's voice in the last episode). The characters were the most natural in any sort of media I've ever seen.
10/10, no less. :)
Jan 7, 2012 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Oh god, the moment I saw the four leaf clover at the sandwich Hagu gave.....HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This series is just simply wonderful, but I'm still kinda sad that Yuta didn't get Hagu.... but I agree that it's really Shu who deserves Hagu ^^

one big 10/10
Jan 11, 2012 4:06 AM

Sep 2010
Beautiful..... just beautiful.....
Honey and Clover moment was so cute, yet sad :3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Apr 1, 2012 2:36 AM

Jun 2009
itd be col if someone could tell why Hanamoto was kissing Rika ...
Apr 21, 2012 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
I had a few minor nitpicks* (gave both seasons a 10/10) but felt this was an excellent series and moving way to end it. The series (ending especially) did seem rushed (12 episodes wasn't enough!) but it worked in the realistic sense: your life can suddenly change at the drop of a hat.

*I wish we could have seen more of an outcome with Rika/Mayama/Yamada/Norita love square (the credits sort of answer that though a lot of the ending credits is up to viewer interpretation). Also the Shuuji/Hagu angle seemed to come out of nowhere (compared to Takemoto and Morita) but I don't think it was necessarily in a romantic sense--all this time, Shuuji was looking after Hagumi because it was what he wanted to do and WAS truly happy with.

Realistic and touching, simply wonderful. The cast all found the missing thing from their lives (Four Leaf Clover symbolism) in one way or another.
removed-userApr 21, 2012 4:06 PM
May 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Great series with light toned comedy, romance, and pace. Loved it :)
May 23, 2012 11:32 PM
Mar 2011
Slice of life with such maturity even when it had its scenes full of quirkiness and comedy it never felt out of place. The characters were all brilliantly written out with their own individual story lines that yet still managed to intertwine till the very end.
Everything about this anime is what I love and look forward to when I watch animes of this genre.

Going up there with one of my favourites, no question.
Jun 19, 2012 11:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nooo! She chose Shuu!? But what kind of choice? She likes Morita right!? They will get together in the future! I'm seriously hoping for it! >_<

Oh well, I'm just glad that Ayu seemed to have gotten her happy ending too. But it's sad to see them part ways. Guess that's how life goes. And it's not like they're never gonna meet again.
Jul 14, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
I cried. So hard. This season was amazing. Honey and Clover wasn't really a show that dug deep into my heart, but it made me feel so many things. I absolutely love it. 9/10
Jul 25, 2012 4:36 PM

Aug 2010
"...And so we'll keep revolving" such a beautiful experience with all it's ups and downs, a great slice of life anime.
Aug 10, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2010
fishergirl16 said:
This season was amazing. Honey and Clover wasn't really a show that dug deep into my heart, but it made me feel so many things. I absolutely love it. 9/10

and yet 9/10?
(laughs hard)
Aug 16, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm.. I think this second season was better than first one.
Ending with some crying, great one <3

... Honey and Clover, makes sense :D
(Bread with honey and clover, feel bad to eat such good food)

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 1, 2012 4:45 AM

May 2010
8/10 it was pretty good, but I think it got worse at the end
I also personally don't like Morita as a person

Oct 8, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2010
Loved this episode. Very happy with the ending.

Overall, better than the previous season. And so far, best josei series I've seen. :)
Nov 18, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2012
Damn what a nice episode, the ending really teared me up with the four leave clover! I really wanted to see what happened if they would get together but this ending suits as well but is in fact really sad!

This anime was really good for what it gave us both first and second season where great had a great story development and pace in the episodes, had enough of character differences that made every one of them great!

I would have preferred to have a bit more positive ending but well not every story needs to end all perfect! 9/10
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
It's great to see Nomiya and Yamada together. I love this pair.

This is too good. I'm pretty sure that I wont appreciate it as much if I watch this when I was younger. I really cant wait for my sister to grow a little bit older and show this to her.
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Dec 5, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
It's been a very long time since I teared up, but this managed to do it for me.
Dec 16, 2012 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
I was expecting a cheesy Disney ending for the last episode but they really nailed home a good message. This anime was the most Genre Defining Slice of life I've seen.
Jan 24, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
It seems like so many anime endings these days leave me disappointed, angry or both that I went into the last episodes of this series with low expectations. I am happy to say that I found the ending of this series to be one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in some time. While I would have loved to see Hagu with Yuta, I was good with her staying Shuji and I thought the sweet clover scene at the end was a nice way of showing Yuta that even if she didn't return his feelings, she still cared about him. I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more with Ayu or Takumi and their respective relationships, but I think we kinda knew where they were at. All in all I was very pleased with the ending.
Jan 28, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2012
a darker side of slice of life. I thought it would be a tragedy anime halfway through. I guess they already having a hard life enough already. Only one couple was made. It really shows that life isn't always pretty. It should have ended when ALL of them parted ways. Not just Takemoto. Then have a reunion OVA episode on the 10th anniversary of HnC!

Adolescence 2: Adolescence Harder.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 7, 2013 2:53 PM
Jan 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. I was one of the Yuta x Hagu fans as I saw Yuta as being nicer than Shinobu. But Hagu rejected him at the beginning of season 2 ending of season 1, because she didn't love him the same way. But I accept the Shuuji x Hagu ending as well. I'm a little more than dissapointed that people keep projecting their values into their expectations. This show is a slice of life show. Life can throw all kinds of people and events at you. And not everything will follow what society says will happen, much less a society half-way across the globe. In japan, first cousins can get married, Shuuji and Hagu are second cousins. If you put things into perspective, it really isn't that farfetched. And we shouldn't give a f*** if Shuuji really is in love with her or not. All we the viewers should care about is if she is happy and unharmed (although we couldn't do anything about it regardless since she isn't real). How is Shuuji being in love with her, bad for Hagu? How would it be bad if she returned his love? Do people get evil as they grow older, or are we basing morality on youth in and of itself. Or is it a sexist double standard, since Rika, who is around the same age as Shuuji hasn't gotten any flack when Takumi who is just four years older than Hagu, fell in love with her, and later when she had slept with him? Why is it there was no age barrier for them, but suddenly it's a big problem if it's with Hagu and Shuuji? So I ask again, How is Shuuji being in love with Hagu, bad? Hagu herself described Shuuji as her rain. And for Hagu, that is probably the best compliment one can receive.

Shuuji professed his love for her to others. A big theme of this show is about unrequited love. Many don't ever confess their love, and others do, but take a while. Shuuji claimed he had fallen in love with her a long time ago, but didn't exactly say how long ago it really was. I don't think he'll confess to her, because he really does love her, he doesn't want there to be an awkwardness between them. If he confessed, would that be evil? I don't think so. I don't believe an action can be good or bad based on who is doing it. For a love confession to be evil, it would always need to be evil. If she reciprocated, I also don't think either would be in the wrong. Love conquers all. For them to love each other romantically and it be considered evil, love would always be evil. Yes, Hagu is a loli. She's been a loli since forever pretty much. If shuuji being in love with a loli is bad, then what about when Yuta and Shinobu grow older. She'll still be a loli, and they will look similar to Shuuji when he was that age. You're essentially delaying judgement, and at the same time you are actually condemning Hagu. For if what Shuuji is doing is evil, and what Shinobu and Yuta would have been doing when they got older was evil, then what Hagu is/would-be doing is also evil, for the simple fact that it takes two to tango.

Anyway, rant over. Wherever her relationship with Shuuji goes, I would support it. Love conquers all, even prejudices. I myself would love to live in a world, where you aren't dictated who you must love and who you are forbidden to love.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Mar 17, 2013 1:39 AM

Feb 2010
It seems to be a minority, we who like Shuu+Hagu pairing. It is kind of surprising, since Shuuji realy loves Hagu, while not sleeping with her. He also could, and that would be an extension of already established feeling. Isn't it that most women would wish for? Regardless, Shuu is always good to Hagu and you can't ask for better, if you love(like) her as she is, i.e. not want to break her or forcibly change to others standarts. Visuals are misleading here, Hagu is grown up, only her character is moeish and not sexualy developed, yet she is as mature as others in general aspect. It is actualy quite often to see age difference like this when men after 30 are with young women, so why not here?
May 3, 2013 1:09 AM
Apr 2013
Can someone please tell me what is up with Shuuji and Rika in those scenes when it was just the two of them? In this last episode when she surprise visits him in the empty room, her eyes water and they seem to kiss (they cut away) and then they hold hands and lean against each other. They had like those moments before in S1. This confuses me so much. Are they romantic or just such good friends they're that intimate? Or am I missing something here.
May 31, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
What an amazing ending and series!!

Hanemoto sensei fully devotes his life to Hagu and helping her recover and follow her dreams. He was saved by Hagu from his feelings regarding Harada’s death and so as his sensei says, it’s his turn to save Hagu.

Morita and the assistant taking care of the demoted chairman’s family was incredible! Morita was really always moving toward the light as his dad wanted. Kaoru was also able to return and move on.

The closure we got with Takemoto and Hagu seriously could not have been done better. He realizes that there is something out of a failed love. He moves on toward his new job with the memories of Hagu and everyone that he holds so dear. I was barely holding back tears at the end.

Defninitely staying in my top favorites. This anime makes you stop and think about your life so far. Beautiful series
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.