Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2008 11:26 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hagu ;_;
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:47 AM
Mar 29, 2008 3:02 PM

Aug 2007
oh... poor hagu, I think she will die... I still crying :,(
Mar 30, 2008 7:16 AM

Feb 2008
Hagu-chan!!!! Man, I hope her hand will heal properly T_T

Also, lol @ Lucas Design Arts =P
May 13, 2008 10:46 AM

Mar 2008
have a feeling she wont be able to draw again. but maybe itll be better if she cant, so then all her pressure would be gone and she can live the way she wants? but then her dream was to live in the countryside and draw right? hmm....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2008 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Bad choice of music leading up to the accident.

Also, I was disappointed that what was hinted at in the previous episode turned out to be an accident, and not Hagu taking her own life because she felt like a burden to Shuu and everyone.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 30, 2008 5:11 PM

Jun 2008
Zeah i was dissapointed that didnt happen too... I mean she could have attempted and failed. I have never seen any romance anime handling a suicide attempt in a "real" way. As for the preview it almost made have goosebumps.
netoelgrandeJun 30, 2008 5:32 PM
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Sep 13, 2008 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Cihan said:
Bad choice of music leading up to the accident.
I reckon. All the music has been great up to this point, but what was that?

But still, Hagu. Hope you will fully recover.
Dec 14, 2008 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah the music was definitely o_O Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! >.>

And @xxjanism, thanks for spoiling. Very nice.
Jan 6, 2009 11:56 AM

Dec 2008
Hm, I thought so it would be an accident. I don't think Hagu would commit suicide just cause that, but hey, that's just me. I feel sorry for Hagu x.x;
Jan 28, 2009 8:39 PM

Sep 2008
lol, I agree. What was with the music choice?! The music is always so great in H&C, so what the hell was that? o___o
Ah, I thought she attempted suicide for some reason...tbh, I think that would've been more exciting than have glass accidentally fall on her, but okay...
Feb 12, 2009 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
Karura said:
Hagu ;_;

Mar 12, 2009 1:29 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah the pop music choice was a bit strange, but I think it has it's implications. It was right before the festival, a cheery mood should have been present. Then right at the moment where Hagu's life changed, the music cut off, with the sound of glass shattering. I think it was meant to show how fragile happiness is, how everything can change in an instant.
I like anime and stuff
Apr 23, 2009 8:19 PM
May 2008
NOW, I retire what I say. THIS EPISODE MAKES ME CRY
H-h-h-h-h-h-HAAAAAAGUUUUUU ;____;
Oh heck, I can't believe it.
The accident hit precisely such an important part of an artist.
HER HAND. HER RIGHT HAND. B-waaaah!

Actually, this has been one of my nightmares since a while. If my right hand ever gets damaged, I would really... have one of the worst depressions in my life. I'm not such a talented artist, but I really adore drawing. I have spent hours per day practicing. Months. Years, actually. Drawing it's one of the little reasons why I'm sooometimes admired. I can't imagine... to loose all that time, all that practice I have achieved, all that… dreams.

Now, I know I could get over it after sometime, after all.
But… Hagu's life really revolves around drawing. Complety and only about drawing.
This is going to get worse, a lot… worse. Uhhhg, Haguuuu!! I’m so worried ;___;
May 13, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
WAAAA!!! so sad!!! :(( for a painter to lose her right hand?!?!? THATS TERRIBLE!! :((.. waaaa!! hagu!!! :(( noooo....
May 18, 2009 4:52 PM

Apr 2007
I agree with the bad choice of music and this series is turning out to be more depressing than I expected ;______;
May 25, 2009 8:51 AM

Aug 2008
Oh my God that was so sad ;__;

Jul 4, 2009 7:00 AM

Mar 2009
The music before her accident should be shot it was f***ing terrible. I hope she recovers but I have a feeling she won't.

Jul 21, 2009 4:16 PM

Apr 2009
I got teary on this episode...
Jan 20, 2010 6:11 AM

Mar 2009
Such terrible accident. I hope she be all right, just matter of time. I hope.
Feb 21, 2010 2:12 AM

Oct 2009
Oh no Hagu-chan.
I was 'relieved' it was an accident rather than suicide, I don't think it would have been very realistic for her to try and take her own life right now She's so worried about the implications for her Shuu-chan if she chose to follow her art rather than moving back to the countryside, that the idea she'd put him through her death rather than trying to just move back home and keep out of his way seems a bit out of character? ahh, dunno.
May 26, 2010 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
Illuminis said:
Yeah the pop music choice was a bit strange, but I think it has it's implications. It was right before the festival, a cheery mood should have been present. Then right at the moment where Hagu's life changed, the music cut off, with the sound of glass shattering. I think it was meant to show how fragile happiness is, how everything can change in an instant.

Yeah, god forbid that someone would use their heads and, I don't know think that maybe there was a reason for the choice of music.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 16, 2010 4:20 PM

Jan 2010
Hagu is the character I can relate to the most from this anime.
And this episode was a good old brain**ck for me. It is awesome, so moving.
Hope she and Takemoto will be together.
Jun 24, 2010 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
I can also relate most to Hagu. The thought of never drawing again is the most terrifying for me.. I really hope her hand heals.
And how could no one call Morita?!!!!?!?!
Aug 29, 2010 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
vearg said:
for a painter to lose her right hand?!?!?

And what about 'for a woman to lose her face'? I mean now she has scars.

Nothing wrong with music, 5/5.
Oct 14, 2010 12:11 AM

Sep 2008
I like how the Hagu event totally eclipses Morita revenge GET!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2010 12:09 PM

May 2010
Still beats season one
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 12, 2011 10:15 PM

Oct 2010
Wow i would have much rather her die then not be able to let her draw again thats just cruel :(
May 16, 2011 6:05 AM

Dec 2010
I was kind of disappointed it wasn't a suicide attempt as well...but this way works just fine. This series is finally flexing its emotional muscle, should make for an outstanding ending!
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
May 19, 2011 12:09 PM
Apr 2011
Poor Hagu-chan i hope her hand heal and she can draw i just cried about hagu
Aug 26, 2011 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
Strangely enough, with forebodings from two episodes the accident itself when it did happen does not feel groundbreaking to me. It's not the case of broken happiness either, as Hagu does not have hers yet. It is yet unclear to me if the situation was meant to ruin her or to put pressure on the matter of choice (I think it's latter). Now life or death is on a fingertip, as we are shown shortly before how Hagu clearly states in her mind that drawing is her life. What is the question now is not if she is to draw for life in art or as a hobby at home but if she is willing to live to draw again. Shuu-chan tells her the deal and we finally know that her restoration is not impossible and yet is not certain. It is in situations like this the person's will becomes a decisive factor. And this is hard because Hagu is not strong, was not strong and does not see herself being strong even. She does not have to be the way she understands it (not burdening anyone), but this she didn't recognize. She didn't actually lose her hand or her eyes but she has to regain her hand in a lengthly process of a few months. Will she bother?
I'd like Morita and Takemoto to go and make some difference here.

nuclear_skies said:

And what about 'for a woman to lose her face'? I mean now she has scars.

Takemoto will love her regardless, as well as Shuu-chan. That aside she is an artist first and foremost and does not have a beingness of a woman to be hurt much by losing one of it's attributes.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 7, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
Poor Hagu-chan :( I almost cried.... Hope she'll recover....
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

May 20, 2012 12:41 AM
Mar 2011
I was also expecting Hagu to have either killed herself or attempted to commit suicide. However, you can sort of look at it in two ways... This could be worse than killing herself since her passion of drawing and creating art might be taken away if her hand doesn't fully recover. But, you could also see it as a sort of blessing in disguise if you put it in the sense that, if she can't draw she won't have that enormous amount of pressure which has really taken a toll on her.
May 21, 2012 12:42 PM

May 2010
The music is kinda surprising.

It gives off somewhat like a "tension" vibe with it's fast beat and ended with a sound of glass shattering which seems fine to me.

There must be a reason for that choice of song as someone said.

As for Hagu, I hope she can have her talented hands again.
Jun 17, 2012 4:44 PM

May 2007
StormViruz said:
The music is kinda surprising.

It gives off somewhat like a "tension" vibe with it's fast beat and ended with a sound of glass shattering which seems fine to me.

There must be a reason for that choice of song as someone said.

As for Hagu, I hope she can have her talented hands again.

It's a very good choice of music, and those who disagree simply do not understand how cinema works. Think about it, they did something special, not the same old cliched sad song, but an upbeat song that provokes danger. Other than that, it also made the viewer realize she won't die. That's not the whole point of the accident. It was to trigger the whole affair with Morita and Takemoto.
RethardusJun 19, 2012 12:55 PM
Jun 18, 2012 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
Why did something tragic have to happen right now? This is just so sad. I get the feeling that she will never be able to paint again. I hope I'm wrong.
Jul 13, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
Hagu... Don't kill yourself if you can't paint. Please. I can't bear to see you go in that direction.
Sep 9, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2008
Forced drama.
Nov 18, 2012 9:39 AM

May 2012
Hagu :'( HAGUUUU!!! Damn sad that this must happen so late in the anime really tear jerking! And damn those 2 brothers finally took back their fathers company! They've worked for so long and finally got their goal!

I really wonder what the next episodes will bring us! I so hope we'll see Hagu in a good state again!
Nov 26, 2012 9:23 AM

Feb 2010
Kaoru doesnt seem happy even though he has taken over the company.
Revenge is never a happy thing I guess.

Umm, so I guess Hagu cant draw again. That's terrible
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Mar 24, 2013 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
Great story of Moritas family.

...And wretched cheap drama with this little bitch Hagu.
May 30, 2013 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
I thought that it would be Hagu killing herself (which would have actually not been out of place had it happened) but it turns out it was just an accident. It’s sort of like what happened with Takemoto when he had to find his own identity once his job of taking care of his mom had finished and passed onto Kazuo. Obviously it’s on a much greater level; Hagu has been a prodigy all her life and now to have lost sensation in the hand she uses to create, it’s going to be extremely difficult to find a purpose again, especially if she was as attached to it as we saw.

So Kaoru was able to get his revenge by taking back his father’s company at the expense of breaking his promise. Morita is able to handle it better since it seems he stayed true to his promise and didn’t care for revenge but simply helped out.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 13, 2013 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
holy shit! this is getting sad. It made me a bit teary. I choked when i saw them moving the glass thing. I felt something bad was gonna happen. I think i'm going to watch the rest of this at night cuz it'll probably have more tearjerker moments and i don't want my roommate seeing these man tears.
Aug 20, 2013 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
imo first season was better
Aug 30, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
At least Hagu-chan didn't die.
She can still use her left arm to do her art stuff. There a lot of people with difficulties in this world that overcomes them.

Nov 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
omg... that was so sad. my dad was really talented with his hands and had a similar injury... needed surgery the nerves in his hand and unfortunately he lost a lot of its functioning :( it's really heartbreaking
Apr 17, 2014 2:55 AM

Dec 2009
Frohike said:
Yeah the music was definitely o_O Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! >.>

And @xxjanism, thanks for spoiling. Very nice.

LOL. I couldn't agree more.
Dec 18, 2014 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
Ha. Haha. Ahahahahaha.

I assumed the worst case scenario. ._.

This still isn't good though. Her right hand might be permanently disabled.

Hagu said:
Ah, God... If I were ever to stop drawing, at that moment I will return my life to you.

Kaoru is pretty messed up. Destroying that man's life won't right any wrongs...
Jan 5, 2015 1:39 AM

Jun 2009
Oh no! Now Hagu won't be able to draw/paint/sculpt properly/at all so there's no point in her going to Nagano. Now she can live happily ever after with Morita/Takemoto!

Yay!

Fuck that shit. Cheap shitty plot device.
Feb 5, 2015 3:34 PM

May 2009
Gosh.. Hagu once said that "she will return her life to God once she won't be able to draw/paint again". Well looking at how this is going, she might be the one who put an end to her own life...
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 21, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2014
My little fairy, Hagu. Don't give up on the state. Each episode feels like giving unexpected surprises
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.