Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 27, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice job to Karasuno. Their training paid off after all but it's interesting to see Hinata meeting Hoshiumi, as a potential rival.

Seems even at this late stage in the first cour, they're building into another rivalry. Exciting stuff tbh. That Hoshiumi guy has a lot talent and imo seems skilled in different areas with a good amount of strength in his plays. Definitely someone to watch out for.
Stark700Mar 28, 2020 9:22 AM
Mar 27, 2020 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
End of first game, meeting their senpais.

Checking up on how other schools do. KajiKaji's character's school advanced. Energetic guy got overwhelmed by the court but got back on track w. what senpai said.

Main guy meeting someone similar to him. He hates people keeps saying "even though he's short"...

Interaction between main team and KAjiKaji's character's school.

Final ep. of first half next.
tsubasaloverMar 27, 2020 11:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 27, 2020 10:49 AM

Oct 2018
Hoshiumi and Hinata finally meets each other was such a hype moment and next match is gonna be a blast so hype. Animation was amazing as well so I really love this episode, can't wait to see the boys on next episode.
Ri22rkMar 27, 2020 3:33 PM
Mar 27, 2020 12:15 PM
Apr 2018
Next episode is the last one for the season..
So season 5 is the nationals season basically?
Mar 27, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2016
One aspect I always loved in Haikyuu was the emphasis put on the opponent, but this adaptation cut out some key moments for Tsubakihara(OVA did the same) Admittedly not a lot, but these few panels were enough to build a stronger connection and gave Karasuno's victory more weight. Most probably couldn't care less, but low-key disappointing for me ._.

Part with the dai-senpais was nice and Hinata met his biggest rival(after Kageyama)

Ryu at the end was priceless xD

Major spoiler below

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2020 12:28 PM
Sep 2015
Even though Karasuno doesn't play a match in this episode, but it's so good I'm gonna cry.

First, Bokuto. How can anyone NOT love him!!! He's the highlight of the show for me. Hey Hey HEY!!!

Second, Hinata meets little giant, I believe this is the highlight of this episode. Hinata is even shorter than him (5cm?), that's why Hinata will be very amazing if he can outperform the expectation, and that's also why this anime make him a protagonist.

Third, Kuroo trash talk, sports anime have to have trash talk, and Kuroo is doing a very good job on that LOL. He's a looker too ;)

Oh! And the last scene, I don't read the manga but I'll predict that the girl team will lose on a second day to prove that even elite former champion school can lose in early round too to prove that the tournament is very hard.
Mar 27, 2020 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
It was funny seeing Bokuto. Him losing motivation just because he is not playing in the main hall.

All the main schools like Nekoma won their first match as well.

Hinata met a new rival.

Ryu has a chance lol. Would it end well for him? XD
LeoMar 27, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 27, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2015
Hoshiumi seems like a version of Hinata who is good at everything.

Next week it ends, I don't want to wait for the next cour.
Mar 27, 2020 12:41 PM

May 2019
Feathers and Hinata instantly went into competition mode as soon as they saw each other and that was adorable.

LOL Tanaka at the end. Ma boy froze, if Noya saw that he would be depressed.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 27, 2020 12:45 PM
Oct 2013
Bokuto is climbing the ladder of my favourite characters of this show so fast with each scene. I hope his team makes it deep into this Tournment.

The episode was nice, one episode to go before the break. then the Real tournment starts in July.
Mar 27, 2020 12:51 PM

Oct 2017
Hey!Hey!Hey! Bokuto san was absolutely amusing XD. Damn that Hoshiumi guy is like a super advanced version of Hinata, his plays gave me chills. Also wow Ryu may get his girl, I really like the guy and if he gets her I'll be really happy for him.
Mar 27, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2020
ahh, i loved this episode! i'm so happy we got to see more bokuto and akaashi scenes before the ending of the first part of the season..i love those two sm, and emo bokuto is the funniest thing to me. i also thought it was so cute how hinata showed up during the match holding up his shirt that bokuto told him about.

also we finally got to see hinata and hoshiumi meet for the first time, how intense!

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Mar 27, 2020 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
damn the animation turned up to like 11 (apart from the still shots though), really looking forward to the 2nd cour assuming corona-chan doesn't interfere with things.

Final ep seems to deal with Tanaka and whatever-her-name-was' backstory

FMmatron said:

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhh really?
Mar 27, 2020 1:11 PM

Oct 2018
@Short_Circut
Mar 27, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2019
NivTV said:
Next episode is the last one for the season..
So season 5 is the nationals season basically?

I think technically what's happening is that there will be a part 2 for this season like for Attack on Titan.
Mar 27, 2020 1:30 PM

Jul 2017
ExodiaX said:
@Short_Circut

damn. I’m just surprised something like that even happens in this series in the first place lol. Also F
Mar 27, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
That moment when Hoshiumi & Hinata finally met... chills boooy! I had the same worry as Suga - that Hinata might be thrown off by meeting someone so similar to himself but better than him - but bless the little ray of sunshine, it just made him even happier!

Bokuto was, of course, a highlight in this episode (isn't he always? hey hey hey!) and that scene with Tanaka and the girl from his middle school was so freakin' adorable. Tanaka might think he's a bad boy but he's just too sweet haha

Only one more episode to go and then we gotta wait till JULY! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Kitty-KateMar 27, 2020 1:53 PM
Mar 27, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2017
MegamiRem said:
Hey!Hey!Hey! Bokuto san was absolutely amusing XD. Damn that Hoshiumi guy is like a super advanced version of Hinata, his plays gave me chills. Also wow Ryu may get his girl, I really like the guy and if he gets her I'll be really happy for him.

I feel like Hoshiumi is where Hinata could've been at if he had had better opportunities in Middle School
Mar 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Dec 2016
I don't know what the heck I just watch, but at 12:12 I see a headless body by the stairs ._.;

I've been wondering for a while... is Hoshiumi supposed to represent an egyptian? (I mean, look at those eye liners!). I also though 's amazing since he made his first appearance during practice with Kageyama in All-Japan :) He looks like a better version of Hinata indeed.

Bokuto, no! Bad time, bad time!!! He looses motivation very quickly >_< I'm glad Hinata was there <3 He appeared at great moment!

Great episode!
Mar 27, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2015
Holy shit what an episode, got to see many actions from the teams this episode what a ride that was.

Fukurodani and Bokuto back at it again I won't ever get sick of this shit, and that moment when Hinata was cheering Bokuto up was damn priceless!

And Hoshiumi man... Man is too good, Hinata's definitely gonna follow his path.
Mar 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Feb 2018
Basically...

Hinata = Daniel
Hoshiumi= The cooler Daniel

*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 27, 2020 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
Oh my god. This episode got my so hyped for the next cour already. The tournament is gonna be amazing. Also, anything critiquing the animation needs to be thrown out the window. It turns out that they really were just saving it for matches. We haven't even gotten to any of the "big matches" and they've shown signs of great things.
Mar 27, 2020 2:51 PM
Jun 2019
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK
Mar 27, 2020 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Really nice to see Bokuto, Akaashi, Kuroo and Kenma! I really love it when they appear in episodes.

God. Hinata's "i'm so happy I made it here". powerful. i love him.

another great episode. can't believe the next episode is the last for this cour... it's been passing by so fast
Mar 27, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
The music when Kamomedai's match was a new soundtrack, I think. The whole passage was wonderful.

Oh the childhood friend is interested in Tanaka. She's so cute.
Mar 27, 2020 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
I've been so busy with some gaming that I forgot that today was the new episode. And wow Hoshiumi literally became the star of this episode. Along with Nekomata and Bokuto!

Small edit: Ryuu you better get the chance to ask her out man. I mean is she not your friend back in your elementary school days? Chances like these never comes often at all man. XD
alphazero4umMar 27, 2020 3:13 PM
Mar 27, 2020 3:24 PM

Mar 2018
This season has really picked up. Last few eps have been fantastic. I feel like next ep might end up in a big cliffhanger and idk if I'm gonna be able to wait til' Summer for the next core if that happens.
Mar 27, 2020 3:27 PM

Sep 2019
Damn the animation was good
Mar 27, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2018
This was a really good episode in terms of action and animation, they really stepped it up as the end of the first half nears.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 27, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao Bokuto is always hilarious and amusing anytime he's on screen.

I really like the way they animate Hoshiumi's scenes. He hasn't had too much screen time this season but any volleyball action involving him has had great animation, I've noticed. This also looks like the beginning of what could be an exciting rivalry between him and Hinata.

Looking forward to the finale and then the painful wait begins :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 27, 2020 4:51 PM

Dec 2014
wow... nice to see other teams too... sad that only episode left
Mar 27, 2020 4:53 PM

Oct 2009
Tournament Day 1: 40 teams disappeared
Man, talk about harsh reality hitting you like a ton of bricks. I mean, sure it's to be expected, but such a summary.....

nanimeanswhat said:
LOL Tanaka at the end. Ma boy froze, if Noya saw that he would be depressed.

Where WAS Noya from this episode? Even at the bow at the very beginning, we only saw him from the back; and then pretty much everyone had a moment or two screentime at least, except him. It was weird.
Mar 27, 2020 5:39 PM
May 2019
Best episode so far in this season, man from begginng to the end is so good
Mar 27, 2020 5:58 PM

Dec 2014
HEY! HEY! HEY! Bokuto is just too awesome. XD

Everyone meeting their dai-dai senpai's.

Hinata meeting Hoshiumi was great and I love how he's reacting to this meeting. I also love the way they showcase Hoshiumi's jumps.

Finale next week and then wait till next cour. :(
Mar 27, 2020 5:59 PM

Oct 2017
It's hard to bare how much I love Haikyuu that I didn't want the episode ended since the beginning till the post-credits images.
Can't wait for next coming eps. I was pretty shocked too about how many teams were left out! And about Hinata it's just amazing how strong and great person he is, I'am trully in love with his character. Also thought the voice actor ( Natsuki Hanae) choosed for Hoshiumi fits perfectly!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Mar 27, 2020 6:11 PM
Feb 2020
I liked this episode but the thing is,everything was going so fast,I couldnt even catch the conversation between players so I needed to rewind some parts. The animation got better but I dont feel the hype that much because my mind always reminds me the badly drawn and animated scenes in this season. I am like "Is the next panel gonna look bad or not?" and I cant concentrate on the episode. Overall 8.5/10 episode.
Mar 27, 2020 8:32 PM
Aug 2017
This was really the episode I wanted being able to see other schools play their matches of day one. Seeing Boukto and Nekoma is always nice to see as well and while I think Hoshiumi is an interesting rival for Hinata I just can’t get over how weird he looks he completely takes me out of the immersion everytime he’s on screen.
Mar 27, 2020 8:38 PM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Intense episode!

Bokuto's number 6 problem xD but it's good to see his senior chipping in with words of encouragement to lift him up. I wonder how overpowered he'll be when he's in full form. And then there's Nekoma toying with their opponents...

Nice to see some more Karasuma alumnus around to watch their games. Seems like the first-years this time around really do pack a punch in various manners, lol. Damn, Kageyama and Kirishima looked like beasts for a second there.

Awesome to see Hoshiumi rule the ground! Amazing details put into his jump which is always fantastic. Some competition he's got with Hinata it seems. Gold first meeting too, xD. Hinata, meanwhile, is fully charged up and this just freaking calls for hype! Day 2, here we come!

And that after-credit scene, glorious! Ryu's got a chance! But I feel like he'll make a mess of it himself in the end. Whatever the case, that awkwardness totally hit me on the spot, so kawaii ~ Can't wait to see their backstory next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 27, 2020 9:59 PM

Nov 2018
let's appreciate bokuto that knows he's being a jerk but still want to cheers his buddies

Mar 27, 2020 11:18 PM
Jul 2019
dedass where has this animation quality that I have been looking for since the start of this cour BEEN.

also miss boks so much love this sunshine
Mar 28, 2020 12:15 AM
Apr 2018
That smile of Hinata is so satisfying.
Mar 28, 2020 12:33 AM
Jan 2018
Really great ep!

I want to jump to the manga cuz i seriously can't wait anymore plus its only one eps left!

Can someone tell me which chapters to thats right after ep12
Mar 28, 2020 1:47 AM
Apr 2016
Seems like that gave Hinata a big motivation boost! I wonder if that guy got one too.
Mar 28, 2020 2:36 AM

Sep 2013
I've been critical of this season at times, but this might be the best episode of the season. Everything was on point. The action was flashy, the environments were lively, the interactions were dynamic. Really good stuff.
Mar 28, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode. Hinata pulling one of his "intense faces" is always such a hype moment.
Mar 28, 2020 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
This was a really important episode in my opinion,having a player that seems so much better than hinata and being almost in the same height level...gives hope to hinata that he still can improve and that height isnt that much of an disavantage..nevertheless its another great episode :D

Mar 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Aug 2019
This was such a great episode. Everything was perfect from the animation to character interactions to the hype. It was great seeing Bokuto, Akashi, Kenma and Kuroo again, I really missed them.

Just like Suga, I was worried too that Hinata would get depressed seeing Hoshiumi so far ahead of him, but his smiling face and that "I'm so happy I made it here" just warmed my heart.

I really don't want this to end :(

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Mar 28, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
Breathtaking episode, I love Haikyuu so much.
Mar 28, 2020 12:19 PM
Aug 2012
Nice episode
part two should be on october right ?
Mar 28, 2020 1:55 PM

Oct 2018
mohafiz said:
Nice episode
part two should be on october right ?
no, it's july, it was decided months ago.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

73 by Cammell »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.