Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HOO BOY...Makie got massacred hard by gunfire after serving for Anotsu Kagehisa all the way.

The final headway of Doa, Hanabusa, Habaki, Anotsu, Manji and the bloddy massacre which has claimed lives from both the Rokki-dan and Itro-Ryu, it has come to this moment: Anotsu Kagehisa vs. Habaki Kagimura, and with Habaki killed, Manji vs. Anotsu.

The absurdity of Rin FINALLY killing Anotsu Kagehisa is the sign of the revenge getting served, ever free from her hands since the beginning.

The future that's free of these problems, Rin takes hard advice to live the way on another journey that does not involve people dying. Manji banned from Edo, and Rin leaving her old ways with Hyakurin.

The final timeskip of Manji surviving the new Japan era 90 years later, and obviously Hyakurin passed away while Manji lives on his immortality. The young girl Fuyu from Hyakurin's family heritage is now in Manji's protection.

THE END of the long journey for this full re-adaptation. Some high moments, many low moments.
Mar 25, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2011
And with this "5 cuts per second" the animation is finally over. I dunno what to say really, i kept watching for some characters and the style of the show, but this could have been so much more memorable if they didn't try to cram an entire manga within 24 episodes, the plot became so convoluted as a result. Shame, I still somewhat found some entertainment value in the show though. 7/10
Mar 25, 2020 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
Too rushed. Too rushed.... What a shame, cause I was excited for this anime, and there were some solid moments of directing and tension building here and there.
Mar 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
man I gotta read the manga cause I really loved this. That ending really leaving me in pieces.
Mar 25, 2020 9:49 AM
Nov 2016
It's a shame that this new adaptation of the manga was so rushed.The content was intriguing, the tension was good but it happened too fast to fully understand the story.There were ups and downs but somehow,I enjoyed the anime, especially its ending.
Mar 25, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
Man, this manga didn't have luck with any of its anime adaptations. The first one was incomplete, and this one was rushed and skipped lot of material. So sad, really.

The first 10 or so minutes of the episode were a disaster, they skimmed both the deaths of Makie, Ryo and Hanabusa in 3 or 5 minutes, then the battles of Anotsu/Habaki and Manji/Anotsu in the remaining ones. They were so lazy they didn't even bothered to voice the scenes. I was going to give this series a 5 (since it had a few cool moments), but after seeing how much they butchered the final arc, I'm going to take a point.
To say something positive, the scene where Rin kills Anotsu and the epilogue were Manji meets Rin's descendant was good, but not enough to save the anime.

I never had high hopes in this, so the disappointment wasn't too great, but still, I'm glad this finally ended, because at this point I was following the series due my no-drop policy.
Mar 25, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 2019
So, they rushed up things Manji was able to defeat Anostsu, and 90 year later he gets to be Rin's Granddaughter's nanny.
Mar 25, 2020 11:15 AM
Apr 2014
Well, I read the manga some years back, and by some point I could feel the thing was being rushed to hell, like some more hardcore fans of the manga may have started seeing way back.

This actually made the anime pretty inconsistent, hitting some highs and lows. Like the last episode. The fight between Manji and Kagehisa was absolute trash. I don't remember the manga but Blade of The Immortal being what it is, it couldn't end without a long and brutal fight.

At least the ending was kept intact, which I appreciate.

I'd say I had fun. I don't have such high standards, and always thought Blade of The Immortal could use a decent adaptation after the first one. I'm actually glad it's just inconsistent/rushed instead of Berserk levels of failure.
Mar 25, 2020 11:23 AM

Sep 2007
So, Manji took Anotsu arm for himself just like that? lol
The series were okayish, but they really should have done 2 season series (with 24-25 eps)... It's a pity, now I just can't rate this more than 7/10.

Mar 25, 2020 12:49 PM

Oct 2011
This show had so much potential, but squandered all of it away due to its incredibly bad pacing. Guess there's no choice but to read the manga in order to fully appreciate the story here.

Mar 25, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
Well this was bitter-sweet ending i think..
Mar 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe I'm on the minority side but I think this was a really good mood piece.
The chaotic narrative combined with the chaotic visuals to deliver more of an experience.

It's not all about sakuga but rather how you use animation. Likewise, not all stories need all the details and time to be effective.
Mar 25, 2020 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Overall I liked it, good series.
Mar 25, 2020 4:50 PM

Nov 2019
The beginning of this episode was a strange experience. I went from "Please skip the opening, please skip the opening" to "Wait, don't skip all the dialogue as well!" Oh well, I can see why they did it, it really was too much material to cover in a single episode, as always, and I guess they wanted to have the entire second half of the episode to cover the epilogue.

Poor Makie, she was a complete cipher to the end in this adaptation. And I can only imagine the confusion of most anime-only viewers while watching that silent movie with Hanabusa, and Magatsu assisting Mitake in committing seppuku. But at least Anotsu's death scene was well done, even if the character himself didn't get the development and depth he should have had to make his final moments truly powerful. Nevertheless, it was a good moment, hearing his final wish for Manji to keep the memory of the Itto-ryuu alive and bear witness to the impact they left on the world in the future (which, alas, wasn't much, but that might be for the best).

I'm still not sure how I feel about Rin actually killing him in the end, after all those scenes of bonding between them. It came as a real shock and somewhat of a disappointment to me, but I suppose I can understand where she's coming from after she explained her feelings to Hyakurin.

But the biggest disappointment is definitely the conclusion to her relationship with Manji... or lack thereof. Not sure what Samura was thinking there. I mean, I can understand Manji not staying with her because of his immortality and all, but at least give us a farewell scene between the two.

Well, at least best boy Magatsu got his peaceful ending, being finally able to let go of the sword (Ren had pointed out and lamented his inability to do so before her death) and settle down. Glad they kept that in.

All in all, it took a significant adjustment of expectations, but I did end up managing to enjoy this adaptation. But, of course, it'll always be a "What could have been" case, since Hamasaki and company could have definitely given us a classic if only they'd gotten a bigger budget and higher episode count. Oh well, it's already a small miracle this ultra violent seinen manga that finished like 8 years ago got a new adaptation, so I guess we have to take what we can get, and hopefully this will have renewed some interest in the manga (probably not much though, doesn't seem like it had many viewers, sadly).

Btw, the Amazon translation was as terrible as ever in this episode. When Manji said "I wonder what she would have thought of this era", it should have been "he" because he meant Anotsu (he said "ano yarou", he would have never used that for Rin lol). And it was also his name he remembered at the end (since that pinky-less arm was his). Man, as if the modest budget and frantic pace weren't enough of a hindrance, the translations were pretty terrible from the start to finish. Poor show really couldn't get a break.
Mar 25, 2020 6:05 PM
Aug 2016
Does anyone have the name of the ending of this episode ?
Mar 25, 2020 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
what a shame this series was so promising at the start
Mar 25, 2020 7:53 PM
May 2016
Hmmm OK I guess obviously way too rushed, the show ended up being a highlight reel for manga readers since I imagine only they could really understand what was going on (I know I sure couldn't). I guess the ending is supposed to be ironic after Rin finally kills Anotsu (thus denying him the descendants he was talking about) her descendants are still around and holding his arm which is still around thanks to Manji (the arm that killed her parents).
Mar 25, 2020 11:06 PM

Aug 2017
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
So, they rushed up things Manji was able to defeat Anostsu, and 90 year later he gets to be Rin's Granddaughter's nanny.

yea too rushed. also i think it was great, great, great granddaughter....too little time for a large amount of topic to be discussed.

Mar 25, 2020 11:22 PM
Aug 2014
apparently the sequel to the manga is getting animated as well.
Mar 25, 2020 11:26 PM

Mar 2019
That was fucking incredible. The minimal dialogue opening. The music. Great battles. Fantastic voice acting. I also loved how everything was stylized. This is what I wanted that Shigurui adaptation to be. To have some life to it.

I loved this show so much. I'm going to miss it.

So, my main issue of the entire run is just the storytelling. It appears to be a common issue for many viewers. It clearly felt like a ton of material was skipped, and some stuff rushed through. I started the manga a few weeks ago. I'm going to get back to it eventually so I will find out how much was cut. I could understand the gripes from manga readers, but given the passion that I felt from this show I'm sure if they had the opportunity they would have adapted the thing entirely. It's 2020. It's an adult anime on Amazon Prime. An adaptation of an older series. You're not getting 800 episodes. So, I'll cut them some slack there. I'll probably feel a bit less enthusiastic as I make my way through the manga lol, but I really felt they tried their best. There was a ton of action on this show for a 24 episode adaptation.
Mar 26, 2020 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
The pacing was rushed but I got almost everything. I really liked this series and I’ll miss it. Maybe I pick up the manga in the near future
Mar 26, 2020 5:50 AM
Apr 2016
So Anotsu ended up dying after all... But I praise Rin's decision to murder him, I believe it was the right one.

Of course, while the pacing was way too fast in this show, it was still a real spectacle because of the incredible production quality. Ended up having a great time, enjoying it very much.
Mar 26, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
Manji was really the "Inhabitant of the Infinite".
It's a good thing that he is able to forget people and is so chill about life. If he weren't, if he didn't live the moment, he would probably go crazy like Eiku Shizuma.
That's why he is "Manji", that's why the anime begging and end with the water wheel (of samsara) spinning counter-clock wise.

Mar 26, 2020 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
No matter how much time they are apart he can't get away from Rin
Mar 26, 2020 12:55 PM
Jan 2016
It really sucks that they wrapped up the overall plot with what was essentially a recap episode of what the rest of the plot was supposed to be. At the very least, the final ending to the story with Manji felt satisfying...watching him bury those swords definitely felt like a pretty deep moment.

It seems like Blade of the Immortal is actually a really great story....it's just a bummer that it was rushed into un-watchability....well, at least there's always the manga :\
Mar 26, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2019
All these characters, the convoluted mess of all their backstories and relations, everything blown to pieces with death everywhere. I must say this finale had very little emotional impact on me. If anything, I am happy that this gordian knot got somehow undone. Overall, diappointment reigns supreme. The first half of the show had great focus and definetly has some rewatch value. But things got worse and at the latest after the prison break I had trouble following it. This is even more frustrating since the story telling was on point at times, same goes for animation, art and the score. 7/10
Mar 26, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
Ngl the start was good, but at the halfway point it just got boring and to me that ending didn't feel right.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 26, 2020 7:37 PM

Sep 2018
Damn everyone getting some of Mr. Manji’s daycare services
Mar 27, 2020 7:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get a feeling that non manga readers got more out of this show than those familiar with the source material. I for one enjoyed watching this a lot. There's not that many seinen shows out there
FarabeufMar 27, 2020 11:45 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2020 5:16 PM

Sep 2007
The more the serie advance, the more i was wondering how will they put everything given the number of episodes. The answer is they didn't. This was way to rushed and the quiet dialogue in this final episode is revealing of that. The development and psychology of main and secondary characters is rather inexistant. I can only recommend the viewers to read the manga to really appreciate the story.

Well that was a nice trip despite that.
Mar 27, 2020 6:25 PM

Oct 2008
and who is this moe cute loli girl Fuyu!? Manji got babysit/bodyguard job instead of relaxing at Edo!?
At least Rin has her vengeance finally completed!
so many fodders! Habaki, his only blood daughter, ruthless Makie and of course Kagehisa!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 28, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2015
There was only so much this series could do with 24 episodes. The director tried, the Shigurui vibe actually fit the series well albeit the 3-second animation style. Seriously though the manga is great and has some of the most stylized action panel-by-panel I've read. There was was just soooooo much plot related content cut that fully fleshes out individual motivations and relationships between other characters (Manji & Rin). The soundtrack was wonderful imo. A solid 8 more episodes would have done the adaption justice.

3/5
Mar 29, 2020 11:56 AM

May 2015
With a very few exceptions, this is basically another failure of a remake... what else is new?

I don’t even know why these producers keep remaking old series as most of them seem to end up as financial failures.

Next stop in the whole remaking frenzy: Higurashi remake (2020)(Visual Novel)...

4/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
I really loved the art style and the serious themes this anime portrayed, but the last 4 episodes were a goddamn mess. so many characters got rushed or ignored, to the point of them feeling like an afterthought.
like renzo. why did he even join with Shira if he hated his guts? why didn't he kill Shira? why did he carelessly submit to rin with such opposing intentions? all of the deaths felt unjustified, even shira, I thought he would come back as a wolf man or something, but no his death was very unsatisfying, even though they spent a whole episode on it.
Rin and Manji barely escaped death against that German in a detestable manner. he called rin out for wasting time yet he was the one who wasted the most time. he stood over and watched the blood pour out of Manji but still didn't decapitate him. his own master Habaki led experiments on Manji's immortality and I guess he forget to fill him in on how to actually kill him! what a shitty fight, and it was also the longest fight of its episode ironically enough. all of habaki's bodyguards were criminally undeveloped.

I can rant about it more but the point I'm making is that I really came to like all these characters! the ending is one of the most important parts to an anime and they just butchered it. it went from a 7 to a 6 real fast. at least I have another manga on my backlog.
Apr 4, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
Little Rin made this stayed as 6/10!
Apr 5, 2020 10:52 PM

May 2015
That's all folks

Without reading the manga or watching a previous adaptation, I can say I really liked it. Don't get me wrong, it was hard to follow for moments because of the pacing. Still, the dark atmosphere and crude reality of the show is something you don't see very often in anime.
8.5/10
Apr 17, 2020 7:23 AM

Jul 2015
After so many bloody gruesome deaths of both innocent people as villains, one question remains....can Ozuhan, the masked warrior, speak?

Loved the revenge part, glad Rin did it! The end was kind of sad looking at manji being on his own...at least he put away his days as wandering samurai. Btw did manji just took Anotsu's arm as his own because it was his pinky that got cut off during the battle with Kagimura

Pretty good adaptation, a lot better than the old one in my opinion, I wish they didn't cut so many scenes from the manga because I sometimes got confused on what happened. I also wish they used less cuts in the fight animation but overall pretty good story
UnkrownedApr 17, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 19, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
This is one of the greatest samurai shows that i've ever seen, next to the likes of the first Kenshin OVAs and the Intrigue in the Bakumatsu TV series. Production took it to another level capturing and projecting the possible atmosphere of that time and the human behavior that existed there, and it was intense. Felt like you were transported there, to that raw and merciless era. Music was on point, arguably one the greatest scores i've heard in a long long time. The opening was very good but those endings and the scores in them, wow mind blown. Liked most of the characters and despite somethings that felt rushed still like how they were developed in the time frame that was given.

Ending was crazy in couple of ways, for starters I think letting Anotsu lived would had been better for the story and characters. Rin coming out of nowhere and stabbing him was kinda anticlimatic and cliche to me. I thought she was gonna die thinking that Manji killed Anotsu, so that was a big let down. Also how she started to break down and cry in front of Hyakurin to me was like she regretted killing Anotsu, like if it was all for nothing, her parents never got brought back by she avenging them and she knew it. In other words like I said, would had been better if Anotsu had survived for the sake of the story and Rin. Another thing was after that scene Manji was nowhere seen around Rin and the other characters, so it would have been nice to see some closure between them before sending him off to almost 100 years to the future. That was like a solid punch, seeing Manji in the future and scary how they portray the power of immortality in the way that almost 100 years have passed by and he doesn't even remember the faces and names of people he was closed to, hell 90 years had passed and he hadn't even mentioned the name Itto-Ryu. That ending was a little bit sad and depressing, gonna take a while to digest it.

I have never read the manga but remember seeing some covers and reading some pages like in 2001 in a comic book store back in the day that doesn't exist anymore. When I saw the first anime adaptation I thought it had potential but the end result was garbage. Upon giving this new adaptation a chance I wasn't disappointed, only con was the dog that shira fried, hated that scene lol. but the rest was great and felt artistic like it represented the old school anime that I love so much and doesn't exist anymore. Was gonna give it a 9/10 but that "lame" ending, Manji with the gigantic arm, Anotsu getting dumb killed, Manji disappearing out of the blue into the future, and the last episode makes me give it an 8/10. But if I gave it a 9 it's because it has been a long time since a show transported me heavily into the story and characters. Even if it was rushed, the whole journey was almost perfect. I'm definitely gonna be re-watching this series again soon and possibly buy the blu-ray when it comes out too.
Apr 22, 2020 1:23 PM
Mar 2014
I enjoyed it. I wish It had a better conclusion. For Manji just to drop out the world like that and appear 100 years later was lame. I hate these long timeskips. But I got a dark long journey full of violence, tension, little to no comedy and a good amount of action.

7.6/10. Excited for the sequel.
May 13, 2020 6:14 PM
Nov 2018
Goddess makie❤
unfortunately it was very presented,
but I liked the anime,👍
sence_c4May 13, 2020 6:20 PM
May 20, 2020 12:02 PM
Nov 2014
Cool stuff. If there were 50 episodes instead of 24 it would be perfect.
Makie super cool
May 22, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
I get that the story was rush and butchered to hell but as a non reader I felt like I enjoyed it a lot.

I think the presentation and style was good. Appreciate the art more than I thought I would.

I guess the ending was pretty well wrapped too. Rin got her closure. The endless clash of itto ryu and the shogunate ended. Some of the itto ryu members lay down their arms and lived their lives.

Story was all over but I definitely still enjoyed it.

7.5/10 for me. One that I would still recommend to others despite the flaws.
Jun 2, 2020 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
I am content. Anime like this are precious. In the 2000s, Basilisk and Shigurui were the best examples of this genre in my opinion. I am so happy that Dororo and Mugen no Juunin left their mark in the 2010s.

Mugen no Juunin is better than Kimetsu no Yaiba and on a par with Vinland Saga.
Jul 28, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
This episode give a new scale for the word "rushed". The first ten minutes (and more globaly the whole adaptation) were a real trainwreck, but it succeed in making me want to read the manga (so that I can have the normal-paced story).
Jul 31, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
AmarantineAzure said:
The beginning of this episode was a strange experience. I went from "Please skip the opening, please skip the opening" to "Wait, don't skip all the dialogue as well!" Oh well, I can see why they did it, it really was too much material to cover in a single episode, as always, and I guess they wanted to have the entire second half of the episode to cover the epilogue.

Poor Makie, she was a complete cipher to the end in this adaptation. And I can only imagine the confusion of most anime-only viewers while watching that silent movie with Hanabusa, and Magatsu assisting Mitake in committing seppuku. But at least Anotsu's death scene was well done, even if the character himself didn't get the development and depth he should have had to make his final moments truly powerful. Nevertheless, it was a good moment, hearing his final wish for Manji to keep the memory of the Itto-ryuu alive and bear witness to the impact they left on the world in the future (which, alas, wasn't much, but that might be for the best).

I'm still not sure how I feel about Rin actually killing him in the end, after all those scenes of bonding between them. It came as a real shock and somewhat of a disappointment to me, but I suppose I can understand where she's coming from after she explained her feelings to Hyakurin.

But the biggest disappointment is definitely the conclusion to her relationship with Manji... or lack thereof. Not sure what Samura was thinking there. I mean, I can understand Manji not staying with her because of his immortality and all, but at least give us a farewell scene between the two.

Well, at least best boy Magatsu got his peaceful ending, being finally able to let go of the sword (Ren had pointed out and lamented his inability to do so before her death) and settle down. Glad they kept that in.

All in all, it took a significant adjustment of expectations, but I did end up managing to enjoy this adaptation. But, of course, it'll always be a "What could have been" case, since Hamasaki and company could have definitely given us a classic if only they'd gotten a bigger budget and higher episode count. Oh well, it's already a small miracle this ultra violent seinen manga that finished like 8 years ago got a new adaptation, so I guess we have to take what we can get, and hopefully this will have renewed some interest in the manga (probably not much though, doesn't seem like it had many viewers, sadly).

Btw, the Amazon translation was as terrible as ever in this episode. When Manji said "I wonder what she would have thought of this era", it should have been "he" because he meant Anotsu (he said "ano yarou", he would have never used that for Rin lol). And it was also his name he remembered at the end (since that pinky-less arm was his). Man, as if the modest budget and frantic pace weren't enough of a hindrance, the translations were pretty terrible from the start to finish. Poor show really couldn't get a break.

Hi! I am one of those only anime-viewer. Lets see...after hundred of animes, I can say I liked a lot this one, because, as other user said, this anime transported me there, to that raw and merciless era...and I liked the story overall.

However, the problems are obvious and already mentioned: it is very difficult to understand some things, confusing scenes, you do not know what happens, you do not know who is who (many names and very similar faces XD), especially when the plot progresses and becomes more complicated towards the middle of the series, as the initial argument branches out quite a bit. Another thing that has given me problems, is that there are a lot of alliances and betrayals, and many times I have not understood why great enemies were forgiven or allied without it really making sense ...

I would have liked the anime to be less rushed, compared to how fast the plot progresses towards the final half, it feels that the first half of the anime is very slow; Although I like anime with 22-24 chapters, I think this anime would have needed a couple more chapters (26), to explain some things a little better and generally take things slower towards the end.

I would also have liked to know more about the bloodworms, and I have not fully understood why Isaku managed to revive simply because they put their parts together, when all the experiments had failed ... but it turns out there were a lot of "zombies" that did They were immortal ... I also don't understand why the crazy character (I don't remember his name) just because he had Mangi's hand with bloodworms was already immortal. Thus, many doubts have arisen throughout the anime ...

However, at this point, it is difficult to surprise and entertain myself with an anime, and this one has very good quality, in every way, leaving aside its mistakes. I would give it an 8/10, but nowadays, in each new season, just two or three animes are worth seeing (for a long time I have been watching old or classic anime, there are real jewels with a quality tremendously superior to the anime Today), and therefore, I am going to give it a 9/10 and see if they return to make more animes of 24 chapters with mature and complex arguments, which are increasingly scarce. Regards
Oct 10, 2020 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
Well, after watching the first 14 eps, its taken me almost a whole year to watch the end of it. Various reasons but none relevant to this show. I have now witnessed it in it entirety and its most definitely in the top 5 of 2020.

Lets face it, you wont see it anyone's blogs or anime streaming services top 10 lists simply because they did not carry it and its far to visceral and impactful for them to cope with. They'll of retreated to there safe spaces long before we even got to the 2nd episode.

Amazon so far have failed to deliver many true anime content unlike netflix, but they have surprised me with a few epic shows this last 12 months.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 23, 2020 3:37 AM
Mar 2012
A mixed bag for a long time & improved near the end.
Confusing rushed pacing, occasional bad subs especially with crucial character motivation & philosophy discussion. At times the brutality & gore got way out of hand, esp with Shira but it does mark its place on the rare gore spectrum.
Action is between great choreography vs stylish stills confused as unfollowable fights.
The ost & art is consistently lovely tho, and with some of the character depth & range of weird personalities, a decent period revenge story.
Nov 25, 2020 10:09 AM
Aug 2015
I am questioning the critical thinking and ability to pay attention for many people in this thread. Edo has been named Tokyo (Manji seems to call it Edo still, while the old lady names it Tokyo), Kagehisa died in 1653, and Edo was renamed in the Meiji period in 1868, so it's been at MINIMUM 215 years since the time skip.
Jan 9, 2021 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Really loss of a word how the show managed to mesmerized me from start to end with its style and story executions maturely handled. The last arc went full Shigurui level of violence that surprised me and it transitioned well. Sometimes the story was hard to follow on some parts but given how each arc ends with very good climaxes and overall high amount of uniqueness really made the show very compelling experience for me.
Apr 15, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
the unforgiving era...this show reminded me way too often of how hard & brutal life was centuries ago for all civilizations.

As an anime-only viewer, it did felt missing more episodes. However, glad I got the chance to watch this.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 5 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Oct 30, 2019

23 by Apreggi »»
Apr 24, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 4 Discussion

Rider9530 - Oct 23, 2019

38 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JustAnotherShiro - Oct 16, 2019

80 by Apreggi »»
Apr 21, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

61 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Apr 19, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.