Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 22, 2020 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
Im so not ready for this beautiful show to be over
Mar 22, 2020 6:34 PM
Aug 2019
Looks like we got our first overrated show of the year. I thought this show was fine, solid 7/10. It's definitely not a masterpiece or even show of the season. It was too dull in between after a strong start. It did have good characters and portrayed creativity very interestingly as well. But not enough to stop it from being boring and making me disinterested for chunks of the show. Feels like Demon Slayer all over again lol
Mar 22, 2020 6:45 PM

Jan 2019
I really liked the show but something threw me off this episode. The end product was nothing like they talked about in the previous episode, or I am just being stupid and forgetting something? Also that static shot after the op where they were sitting around the computer kinda took me out of the episode for a minute. The eyes were weird and the characters stood too still for too long.

But besides all that, I really enjoyed the series it was an ok conclusion to a really good show.
9/10
Mar 22, 2020 9:21 PM
Jun 2013
12 episodes of pure bliss and beauty. I'll miss you so much, Eizouken. I'm so glad I got to know some bits of your greatest world.
Mar 22, 2020 9:44 PM
May 2015
This anime became my all time favorite. Before this, the only show that managed to make me cry was Cowboy Bebop once. Eizouken did this to me at least 3 times. All the characters felt like real human beings, not just fictional characters. All of them have their motivation, they don't just scream all the time "I want to realize my dream!" or anything, but you see their passion through their acts and sheer dedication. This anime is super sensible in how it treats their humans, their feelings and hopes.

Asakusa is amazing in her creativity, each of her films feel much more incredible and unique than most full fledged animes or movies you see in the real world. It's incredible how she managed to keep that sense of curiosity and wonder she had as a kid as she grew up, and how she taps into that to fuel each of her stories. Mizusaki seemed super linear at first, but once you see her backstory at episode 7, everything makes sense. She was always mesmerized by the moviment of things, and it's beautiful to see how she incorporated the knowledge she gained that way in helping her grandma walk, and then again in takes in her movies. She wasn't just a perfectionist because the team needed someone to hold them back during rushes towards deadlines, but because doing the best she could is her way to making the world notice she exists. And Kanamori looks just like someone who only thinks of money at first, but her actions too become understandable once you see where she came from, and how she watched her family's business get ruined because just passion and worrying about quality don't sell and don't make a business sustainable.

All of this anime was perfect for me, from the animation to the OST, story and characters. I'll miss having more of those episodes in the upcoming weeks.
Mar 22, 2020 10:06 PM
Apr 2018
Doesn't feel like an ending for me. Still, a great show. Thank you, Masaaki Yuasa and all of the staff of Eizouken.
Mar 22, 2020 10:25 PM
Aug 2019
I wish this didnt have to end... i would watch a new episode every week and never get tired of this show
Mar 23, 2020 12:01 AM
Mar 2020
Honestly i couldn't've guessed there were so many mixed reviews about this show! i loved it from the beginning to end tbh. The three girls were just so passionate and the whole show was just a ride full of imagination idk everything warmed my heart to the point i felt overwhelmed in the best way possible.

Easy 10/10 for me
Mar 23, 2020 1:09 AM

Aug 2018
Eizouken gets a 9 outta 10 from me. I wouldn't go as far to call it a "must watch", but I would absolutely consider this to be a damn good show.

Any anime fan can learn to appreciate the dedication and craft that goes behind all the little things that make up these shows we love, and breathing life to their worlds. It's really a really tough field no doubt, and a lot of those folks could sure use the recognition and proper compensation. This anime did a great job of conveying that all the while not sacrificing the core theme and good lightheartedness of the show with its colorful ensemble of characters.
Mar 23, 2020 1:49 AM

Nov 2019
8/10 anime overall
Mar 23, 2020 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
This anime was something I had no idea I needed...honestly, I loved it from the memetic opening animation on through to the final seconds of this last episode. Definitely gonna be a series that will stick with me for quite some time. A rare 10/10 for me.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 23, 2020 3:28 AM
Sep 2014
An absolute masterpiece
Mar 23, 2020 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
Nice ending to a great anime!

I still think that episode 8 was the best episode of the season, it just enveloped everything I like about anime and what I find fascinating about the anime production process.

I must say that I much preferred this anime to the likes of Shirobako for example. This was honestly entertaining from start to finish, from the excellent voice acting, to the backstories of Kanamori and Asakusa, to the Men in Black, to the student council.
The world of Shibahama was so imaginative, it made me wonder if it was a place in real life. Excellent world building.

I do wish they explained what Kanamori and the secretary were discussing, the episode when they went to do some sound hunting. It seemed the secretary was hinting at something.
As well, I wanted to see how the Shibahama shopping street was affected by the anime.

All in all, really impressive anime. I’d love for a second season!!! 8/10
Mar 23, 2020 6:31 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty good all the way to the end. In the short, when the 2 pilots crash and the story is explained felt off and i probably wouldn't get it unless i knew what was happening before hand, which we as the viewers do but the people who bought the dvd don't.
In the end, the whole thing with the bells didn't go anywhere and could have been entirely cut off and i don't understand why the two suddenly had a revelation. It would feel more organic if both had crashed in the same place and either saw something that showed their ancestry or maybe simply by meeting face to face they realized.
Aside from that, there was some great animation in there.
Mar 23, 2020 9:41 AM

Sep 2007
Eizouken's "Shibahama UFO Wars" short film kind of reminded me of another short, "Paths of Hate" by Damian Nenow (look it up on YouTube)
Mar 23, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2010
I was eating when the DVD readers and TVs exploded, which made me laugh, and now I have food stuck in bad places. Damn.
Mar 23, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2014
not gonna lie...watching only because of OP...a mediocre show
Mar 23, 2020 10:56 AM
Oct 2019
A couple of episodes were boring but a fun ride nonetheless. 8/10.

Anyone know where I can cop Mizusaki's hoodie?

Mar 23, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2018
Show is an instant classic, hope we get a s2 soon
Mar 23, 2020 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
generally I enjoyed watching
but in the last 2-3 episodes things felt a lot more complicated
8/10
Mar 23, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
Glad to see the girls managed to solve the audio issue on time... by completely changing the project's ending. Not gonna lie, I actually liked that Midori decided to go for a more open ending since I considered the first one too optimistic and kinda forced for my taste. Still, I think the execution could have been better since from the main characters' "realization" scene onward, things felt more overwhelming and confusing than anything else.
This said, I still highly enjoyed the final project and considering the episode as a whole, it was indeed a satisfying way to conclude the series.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching this show week by week. Loved how the creative process was presented by having Midori letting her imagination fly and making the girls interact with it, the cast (especially the main trio) was extremely charming and Shibahama's world-building was truly engaging.

8/10 - Wouldn't mind a second season though I think it isn't really necessary.
Mar 23, 2020 5:14 PM

Nov 2014
damn that last shot is simply beautiful. i love all the characters. the two of them surrendering in the end reminds me of the drawings of Frey surrendering to the government (Fisheye Placebo) and got me a bit emotional. 9/10. would've been a 10/10 if we had more time to read the notes they wrote for each of their designs.
Mar 23, 2020 6:52 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
CBeast25 said:
I really liked the show but something threw me off this episode.
9/10

I definitely agree that this episode felt off. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and would have rated it 10/10 except for this episode.

1 - They didn't even bother addressing the conflict with the school, which had been a major plot thread throughout the rest of the series. Completely dropping a plot thread like this in the final episode is just bad writing.

2 - I loved all the previous creative animations, but this one just was weird. I would have definitely felt robbed of my 1000 yen had I purchased this DVD. I bet the shop owners are mad too since it barely makes a nod to advertising. Plus, they made a last minute change to the end of the anime to accommodate the new music, but then that music didn't play in their final version?

All in all, Eizouken was like a great gymnastics floor routine flubbed by a small misstep at the end. It didn't ruin the anime as a whole (like Kado), but it was a letdown.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Mar 23, 2020 10:24 PM

Dec 2014
FMmatron said:
Ngl, kinda lost it's touch for a short time during the middle of the series and it wasn't quite as quirky as at the beginning, also would've wished for it to be double cour:S

Nonethless an absolutely charming series and something that I was able to appreciate even beyond simple enjoyment. It will be dearly missed.

8,5/10

Agreed with you, I can't really put a handle on what I thought was lacking during the middle of the series but it was still very charming and unique throughout it's run. Very fresh, quirk and thoroughly enjoyable.

8/10
Mar 24, 2020 1:52 AM
May 2019
7.5/10, it was funny and I really liked the art style and characters, but I didn't feel it was great or something we will remember in years to come. Also, while I loved the opening and ending songs, the soundtrack is forgettable overall.

I actually think this episode was the worst of them all, it even dropped my score from 8/10 to 7.5/10, they easily managed to solve what they made us think was going to be a major problem (the mismatched music), the Comet A part didn't add anything important to the story and the Shibahama UFO Wars was horrible in my opinion, I wouldn't have understood it if it wasn't because Asakusa explained the story a couple of times before, the short feels like a bunch of random scenes put together without sense.
Tsukiumi0Mar 24, 2020 2:07 AM
Mar 24, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
I kinda missed what exactly was the end of the animation, gotta rewatch later.
Mar 24, 2020 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
It was decent but the final animation they made was imo the wosrt one out of all the ones they made. 6/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 24, 2020 10:08 AM

Mar 2010
Honestly, their changes from dancing scene to another scenes is kinda bullshit; no way it only take them a night to make all those scenes.

That aside, one of great anime this seasons. Tbh, I really dislike Yuasa's style but this one is one of his better anime, a good balance between style and substance.
Mar 24, 2020 6:51 PM
May 2016
Meh this peaked for me when they made the robot anime, ever since then it's just been a boring repeat of the same stuff and I had zero interest in there final animation (I even fell asleep the first time watching it), I liked there fantasies better and was really hoping the animation of their fantasies would evolve into some really slick scenes. I mean I get we are supposed to be watching anime HS girls could make but at the same time this is made by real animators. And animating their crappy UFO battle seemed like a cheap gimmick to get out of making an actual really well animated show. 6/10 for me, based on how it started I was expecting more from this show, not more of the same.
Mar 24, 2020 7:10 PM

Jan 2020
I was so absorbed by the show that by the time they played the final animation I forgot for a split second that I wasn't watching an anime by two highschool students and was amazed at what they had made.

Overall an 8/10 for me, a great show.
Mar 24, 2020 10:53 PM
Aug 2017
This anime was 10/10 from start to finish. Really good but I still didn’t get the story of the anime they made last because they did some changes to it.
Mar 25, 2020 4:31 AM

Apr 2015
Many films are said to be a love letter to cinema.

If any show is a love letter to anime then now we know what it is. 8/10

But yes the last episode could have been better.
Mar 25, 2020 12:13 PM
May 2017
Lovely anime, there's a lot i'd love to discuss about it, but i find a lot of people ended up filling a bit underwhelmed by the final short-film, saying it's not as good as their other 2, and that it felt anti-climatic. I felt it was far from the case.

Every 3 of the short films in the series was used to takle different problems with the anime production, as well as develop certain aspects of the main trio's personalities and traits. Short #1 was a snippet of potetial. It wasn't much more than excercise in style and presentation. #2 showed the team having to face the dificulties of working on an stablished genre, and went into the process of location scouting, sound design and animation.

But short #3 is their first atempt at serious story-teliing. They wanted to present a complex situation, with a mythology of its own and an underlying theme. They, but Azakuza specially, wanted their story to SAY something. By the end, we are shown Azakuza's growth not only as a world-builder, or a director, but as an ARTIST. And yea, no matter how talented and hard-working they are, they are still highschoolers, so of course they're are gonna have an awkward first couple of tries. Telling stories that actually try to say something isn't easy, art doesn't work like that, and people that don't understand that cleary haven't really worked in anything creative before.

I celebrate the idea of the animators to give us a flawed, rushed and pretty amateurish ending, it doesn't demerit, it ELEVATES the ending. It's a celebration of the creative process, work and life-style. ANYONE working in a creative-oriented discipline has to have some apretiation for this anime and what it is trying to convey with its ending.
Mar 25, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2012
Really impressive anime to be honest, unique style of art and animation and the character types are so different and stand out that it really makes it interesting.

Loved the end and the general flow of this anime I must say!
Mar 25, 2020 3:57 PM
Feb 2017
9/10. The chemistry between characters, art style, and premise of the show were well great.
Mar 25, 2020 5:12 PM

Sep 2018
Sleeping Asakusa is so cuteeeee!!!! ❤️❤️
I hope they make an OVA showing the full detail of their movie, with dialogue and all.. they explain the movie but I want to understand it more.. some scenes are too fast and just a picture.. OVA/Movie please!!
A big salute to Yuasa!!
Mar 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2017
the filmwhatever they made was less coherent and totally hard to follow without context

but i think that's ok - it was a last minute crunch, and it totally should be considered an imperfect work, albeit a successful one

i would have made this notion more clear, but otherwise i don't see anything wrong with this anime. the biggest complaint I can really see is "i find it boring", a sentiment i happen not to share
Mar 26, 2020 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
Great show, but final episode is shit. Lack of animation, too stupid for this show problem with OST, shit anime short they made.
Mar 26, 2020 3:58 PM

Aug 2016
I really hope we get more shows like this with anime girls like these ones.
Mar 26, 2020 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
Very little anime that I consider masterpieces but this show came damn well close to it. I was sketchy at first with the animation but god damn man it fucking hit!

MAL needs to bring in a decimal system or something. I would love to give shows a proper score like a 9.3 or 4.5.

I gave ti a 10/10 but honestly it's like a 9.3/10

Such a great anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2020 11:30 PM

Jan 2019
Even though I found this anime to be boring in the beginning, it shaped up to be a great watch! The way it shows everyone's role in the production of anime and how their personalities came to be that way was probably the reason why I loved this show so much. I also weirdly liked the animation and the way it presented some scenes, but I really did not like the art style for the characters(I liked the design don't get me wrong) and I hated the imagination scenes(they were just boring and added on to just take up time).
Mar 27, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2016
Felt like they were out of content in this episode... I wanted to see main cast more than
their shitty anime, the show it self is way way better and the concept of the last "Short"
was lacking luster.

Fabulous show 8/10
Gonna miss it for sure.
Mar 27, 2020 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
Meh... big snooze fest for me :/

Well, i'll just give credit to the girls for being really creative and doing what they do with love and passion, that was nice to see. But man... i just got so bored most of the time, i couldn't really get into this anime like i wanted to..

6/10 from me.
Mar 27, 2020 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
The visuals are exorbitant! It was damn great!
and of course as Asakusa-shi said, this needs IMPROVEMENT!!!
5/5.
hope the live action would be great as well...

The COMIKET went fine as well but IRL they cannot do that in times of pandemic peril!
8/10.

Mar 27, 2020 7:18 PM

Feb 2020
7/10

Something about the ending didn't hit me as much as it could. Like, I was expecting a tearjerker of some sort. Some real drama.

Maybe because backstories weren't explored that much? I felt like there could've been some deeper flashbacks. Kinda felt shallow.

But overall an enjoyable anime, loved seeing the whole technical process of how anime is made :) The chemistry of the main characters was what really dragged me into the show - their passion for drawing and making anime. It was a nice breather from uni work!

Also Kanamori best girl
cryzwatchesanimeMar 27, 2020 7:25 PM
"You... are truly slothful!"

Mar 28, 2020 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
What a charming show, and what an enjoyable ride it was! Definitely one of my favorites from this season and I'm gonna miss watching it. An 8/10 from me
Mar 28, 2020 9:17 PM

Sep 2017
An amazingly strong showing from Science SARU, Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! will absolutely go on as my favorite show from this season. The three main girls meshed so well together, and to see their work blossom over time was satisfying and highly enjoyable. The animation was marvelous and my jaw was dropping what seemed like every other second. I really want another season of this show, I can't describe my enjoyment of it enough. 8/10.

Mar 29, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
Easy Breezy

Nice, charming watch
darkninj12Mar 29, 2020 12:54 PM
Mar 29, 2020 2:14 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I meant to say this a long time ago, but forgot. I want to give a shout out to Sayaka Kanamori, who I initially thought was just going to sit around and watch her other main club members work as she played the straight man or something. I assumed she was going to add nothing much to the story. Instead, she served as a realistic problem-solver and somehow came off as a reassuring figure even when things went wrong. As intimidating as she was, darn near nothing would have happened without her, and I think that says a lot about her role. Additionally, she did take the time to let her fellow club members do things their way every now and then, which I think was a really great way to manage. She allowed them to fail but only when knowing that they'd have enough time to fix it with a lot of work. She turned out to be a really cool and dependable character and I'm sorry for my previous doubts. She ended up being one of the most interesting aspects of this show for me!

It's been a fun ride with this anime and I hope others learned a little more about animation. I darn near clapped when Tsubame said she didn't want to make anime but animation. Fwoooh! :U Preach!
I feel like one of my only nitpicks would be some of the music. Not that it's bad to reuse music, but I always felt the track with the horns was a little underwhelming for one that played so much. It's fine though.
The episodes after the first were a little slow, but sticking around made them worth it. The whole show was worth it. Glad I picked this up.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 1, 2020 9:30 PM

Apr 2018
Other than that turd of an anime that the girls made at the end, I loved the series. No, but, seriously, how is any part of 'Shibahama UFO Wars' decipherable to an average watcher? Imagine buying this cd and then watching whatever that was; its visuals do a terrible job of explaining the world in the creators' minds. I guess I just feel miffed because of the lead up to it. Looking at the series as a whole, 'Shibahama UFO Wars' can be ignored, I guess, in order to appreciate the value of the rest of the incredible show.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

104 by eevee-trouble »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2020

264 by eevee-trouble »»
Yesterday, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2020

100 by poguschampus »»
Apr 6, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2020

98 by little_raven »»
Mar 9, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.