Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2020 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's Hassan :o

They put in a lot of action into this episode as I had expected. Ishtar and the others had trouble dealing with Hassan in his form and he's no pushover. Gilgamesh also shows up like a total boss! I kinda like how he trusts in Fujimaru and the others to fight the good fight. Only one more episode to go.

Mar 14, 2020 8:44 AM
Oct 2019
feel little disappointed.
quality is OK
but emotional EP18 is better a lot.
Gudao run is awesome but not enough if compare quetzalcoatl NP
Mar 14, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
God this adaptation really proves how non existing ritsuka actually is. What a joke of a character. But who cares about the characters when we have animation instead right.
Mar 14, 2020 8:59 AM
Jun 2017
Swagernator said:
God this adaptation really proves how non existing ritsuka actually is. What a joke of a character. But who cares about the characters when we have animation instead right.
is the episode bad haven’t watched it yet
Mar 14, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always. I loved it.

Hassan's sequences were badass as hell, all the eye flashes (Gundam style XD) and his fight against the upgraded Lahmu were too awesome.

Damn, I felt it when Ishtar got stabbed. :(
These new upgraded Lahmu are terrifying.

All the NP spam this episode was awesome. Eresh, Merlin and Mash.
NOOOO! ERESH! T.T

ARCHER GIL!! Did Caster i.e. real Gil summon himself back as an Archer class servant?

Fujimaru's run was pretty cool and I loved the OST in the background and Hassan just decimating the Lahmu inside Nega Genesis was very satisfying.
Is there significance to the dagger that Gil gave Fujimaru?

Gil using EA was awesome, personally I kinda wish the fight was extended a little more with more sweet animation especially to give Gil more screentime.
To be honest, at the very end I felt for Tiamat when she asked Fujimaru if it was so wrong for her to be at the side of the ones she loved. :(

Finale next week, it's been fun. I hope we get more FGO adaptations, maybe Shinjuku just so I can see JAlter. xD
Mar 14, 2020 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
I see what the FGO discord is talking about now, that KH animation was pretty bad.. animation in general wasn't as good as we’re used to.. this episode. Highlights were Yuuki aoi talking and Enuma elish

seemed like they were saving a lot for the next episode or something.

I’m seeing lots of positive comments here, but the grand order sub and other communities are pretty disappointed with this ep.
Mar 14, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2015
Nice climax episode. My main critique is that Ritsuka was the centerpiece when I honestly thought Cloverworks would prioritize Gilgamesh as the cornerstone of the singularity(they even cut out his lines about how he/Uruk didn't hate Tiamat for all the destruction she caused). I've had other grievances with the show, but it was a fun adaptation overall and I don't particularly care how they'll adapt the last episode. 8/10 for the show and best airing Fate show in a long time.

Mar 14, 2020 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
Being Rin is suffering. Always got trouble with siblings no matter the univers or timeline.

that being said, lot of nice NP today, fou save the day and ...

bruh
Mar 14, 2020 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
Gilgamesh returns as Archer class and uses EA to finish off Tiamat. Gotta love the summoning sequence EA got together with the speech Gilgamesh gave while unleashing Enuma Elish
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 14, 2020 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
holy fucking shit that sakuga episode is awesome

RIP Ereshkigal until next time you are summoned again

and that Enuma Elish by Archer Gilgamesh is great

im glad Ishtar survived until the end

but other than that the story telling is not that great for the whole show
Mar 14, 2020 10:05 AM

Sep 2016
People might have all kinds of complain about Fujimaru being cardboard character, rushing of the episodes, some boop moments.
But I've been having alot of enjoyment watching the anime. Don't really remember when I was so happy watching weekly episodes before. Lot's of cool episodes and hype moments.
Mar 14, 2020 10:06 AM

Aug 2017
I have multiple feelings for the episode, it was great in some ways but the original scenes are at least curious, I probably expected something more faithful to the original
Still, I'll review later, I usually like it a lot more the second time I see it
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Mar 14, 2020 10:10 AM

Aug 2017
That said, i loved some references, like Merlin Extra Attack, the animation was pretty good too
Mar 14, 2020 10:11 AM
Apr 2016
Certainly makes sense that Gilgamesh didn't use EA up until this episode, yes. Could say he couldn't unless he was a servant, but well, no such rule was established from what I know.
Mar 14, 2020 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
Good moments in a disappointing climax.

Fujimaru isnt the problem tho.Unlike other scenes he didnt steal lines of other characters.

They should have cut the OP and give Gil his speech.
The Tiamat & Fujimaru convo was pointless without it. Even if they add it later, him casually explaining Tiamat to Mash and Fujimaru, Tiamat is still left without an answer.
Tiamat banner when?

More good stuff:

+Merlin using Excalibur.

+++King Hassan was freaking metal. Now we need animation of him chomping on his enemies.

++Amazing Enuma Elish but no theme? come on...

Mar 14, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
Hashira_1996 said:
Swagernator said:
it's got a bunch of filler to pad things out and to try to make the mc more relevant
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 14, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
twoego said:
Certainly makes sense that Gilgamesh didn't use EA up until this episode, yes. Could say he couldn't unless he was a servant, but well, no such rule was established from what I know.
There was no point in him using it since Tiamat lacked the concept of death before King Hassan gave it to her. It would do almost nothing just like Quetzalcoatl and Gorgon together could barely break a single horn.

And as he was as a ruler he had all those NPs and Ea locked up.
ssjokgMar 14, 2020 10:32 AM
Mar 14, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 2009
damn if only this anime got a better director lol the execution of the story is so boring but i still enjoyed this for the sakuga hype moments alone
Mar 14, 2020 10:24 AM
Jun 2017
Aure0lin said:
Hashira_1996 said:
it's got a bunch of filler to pad things out and to try to make the mc more relevant
Aure0lin said:
Hashira_1996 said:
is this supposed be good or bad because i’m a bit afraid
Mar 14, 2020 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
Hashira_1996 said:
Aure0lin said:
Aure0lin said:

i felt the episode stretched itself too thin by trying to give everyone a spotlight, especially the cookie cutter main character
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 14, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode.

Those Lahmu were terrifying but King Hassan was more terrifying. Was he devouring them?

Ishtar getting stabbed by those Lahmu... That was hard to watch.

I was surprised when Merlin used the Excalibur sword.

RIP Eresh. ;-;

The great king, King of Heroes, Gilgamesh is back and this time as Archer. His NP, Enuma Elish, was so badass. Loved it.

These past few episodes were just great.

Mar 14, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 2019
Swagernator said:
At least he isn't a Gary Stu like Sieg who drags down the plot for wish fulfillment power fantasy for normies and harms the characters like Jeanne and Amakusa in Apocrypha. Fujimaru is more of a plot tool. To me he's like a flashlight that you shine on servants to see their story and nature. That's how they handled him in the game and glad they did not try to overly glorify him at the expense of others. Overall, he is pretty well handled in the anime since the nature of his character is something that isn't easy to adapt properly without screwing up (Last Encore did that with HAKUNO who felt like a friggen robot).

And useless? Not exactly Just not super exciting to see. Fujimaru's role is like that of logistics vessels in Navy used for stuff like resupplying munitions. Won't look glorious like combat ships due to no firepower but their role is very important nonetheless. Without him, Chaldea couldn't get boots on the ground in the singularities since he is the ONLY MASTER. Plus Mash couldn't do much without his support since he is her master. Not to mention how he supported other servants with his command spells and tactics. Let's not forget how he survived all the singularities so far. For a mere third rate magus doing the job intended for an army of magi with possibly more training, he's doing pretty well.
Mar 14, 2020 10:35 AM

May 2016
Great episode. Why are people complaining about Fujimaru? Did they want him to not have any lines like in the game?
Mar 14, 2020 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed the episode. I kinda agree with the underwhelming statement that people have because I expected some "battle of the gods" epic scene. I put my expectations way too high after episode 18 but it was still a good episode for what they did.

Eresh T_T
King Hassan being metal af
Merlin referencing Artoria

Gil finally using Ea in all its glory

thoughts on the talk with Tiamat:
JaveraMar 14, 2020 10:42 AM
Mar 14, 2020 10:41 AM
Oct 2019
Now I got mixed feelings about this episode.

Firstly I am kinda disappointed at King Hassan's wing cutting scene. Expected something really epic (something surpassing Cardboard vs Karna in Fate/Apocrypha episode 22) but it was meh overall. At least Cloverworks handled the buildup to his appearance properly in the last episode which was what made him memorable in the game. Other animations however ranged from Okay to really good. At least Gilgamesh gets the priority here, looking like as if Ufotable animated him in certain scenes.

Now the thing I loved is how Cloverworks played to their strengths and made some memorable moments with the characters like the fall of Ereshkigal and the last part with Tiamat. Now those felt like a heartwarming and really welcome addition.

Now I wonder what Episode 21 will show other than the singularity ending.
Mar 14, 2020 10:44 AM
Oct 2019
I appreciate what they did and try so hard to put ritsuka into a proper character. Because in reality, we just put JA, 2 waver and nightingale to 1 shot Tiammat.
Now, this fgo series is done. When will we have a series feature best milkcows JA ans Musashi?
Mar 14, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2019
Reshiram_IX said:
Great episode. Why are people complaining about Fujimaru? Did they want him to not have any lines like in the game?
Some people usually don't like non powerful characters who don't go toe to toe with the big baddies. Plus there's also people who are feeling he got a bit more spotlight which should have been on other servants. The latter is quite understandable since that is what we use Fujimaru in FGO for.
Mar 14, 2020 10:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... idk, wasn't really expecting much but that still felt pretty average. Like most of the show then I guess
Mar 14, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2015
Hashira_1996 said:

A mixed thing? It added tons of new stuff which is good but some of it is unnecessary and many people who don't like Ritsuka won't enjoy this too much. I'm pretty neutral in that regard. The episode just feels like weird highlight that doesn't entirely cater to one audience

Mar 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
The series peaked with ep 18 that had the right amount of everything. A shame but that's how it is.
Mar 14, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
Such a fantastic episode!

I suffered a lot with Ishtar, literally bawled my eyes out with Eresh and Gil's Enuma Elish was amazing as well. I was kind of expecting more from the moment Gil first shows up, but well... Merlin's fighting scene was pretty badass. The CGI integration was better than in previous episodes, except some scenes with Tiamat's model imo. I also loved the final shot of Fujimaru and Mash holding their hands.

Excited as hell for the next episode!

5/5
Mar 14, 2020 11:00 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Only 1 more episode to go.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 14, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2017
For those who are wondering about Tiamat's "Nega Genisis", I checked his profile and it's really a canonical skill of hers:

"Nega-Genesis: A
A Skill of the same type as Nega-Messiah, which is possessed by the Sixth Beast.
It is a conceptual bounded field which completely overturns modern evolutionary theory and the predictions of Earth’s genesis.
Thanks to this ability, the Second Beast has acquired a strong resistance to the Noble Phantasms of Servants created by correct human history."

Only the context of the anime itself is original, but it is not something invented out of nowhere
Mar 14, 2020 11:02 AM
Aug 2019
As an anime-only this episode was good. Some parts of the animation weren't that great.
Archer Gil is here and having the killing blow with Enuma Elish.
Was merlin using Excalibur? he also referenced Artoria.
Rip Eresh. King Hassan was cool.

Mar 14, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2014
While some things could've been done better (which is basically the subtitle for this anime at this point), this episode was good and miles better compared to the last one.

Episode 18 is still the peak but let's be real, it's kinda impossible to have a multiple-episode climax with a constant peak. Something will be better and something worse.
This episode was a good piece of climax after episode 18 is what I mean.

Anyway, I'm going to rewatch it now.

Overall, I am satisfied with both this episode and the adaptation as a whole (again, could've been better, but it could've been way worse, let's be real), and I hope the final episode can be good too

Gordoxr2 said:
For those who are wondering about Tiamat's "Nega Genisis", I checked his profile and it's really a canonical skill of hers

Nega-skills are indeed real, and unique to Beasts. Each Beast has a special Nega skill related to them..
Mar 14, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
damn, Gilgamesh's attack so powerful it crashed my PC. Also that scene where Rin was pinned down by those monster whatevers looked like the start of a rape doujin :P

but idk though, I thought this episode wasn't too bad. Fuji was always kinda shit since the beginning so at least giving him his moment helped a bit. I agree it was kinda anti-climatic after the EA part though, like he just meets Tia. and is like "ok time to go now bye hahah gotta circlejerk with my harem now lmaoooo" and then end.
Mar 14, 2020 11:05 AM
Aug 2018
Great episode, tho it would be perfect if the 2-second animation of Gudao running wasn't so bad
lordkimskeremMar 14, 2020 8:15 PM
Mar 14, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2013
The ep was rly good imo, the only thing i wished happened was hassan getting a little more spotlight instead of ishtar getting beat up by those lahmu lol But its just me cause i dislike her. As far as his animations go i was pretty convinced his design would downgrade just a bit bc in general he looks insane and trying to make it like that in every shot would be impossible.

People hate Fujimaru when he does smth and they also hate him when he doesnt do anything like lol time to make up your mind. Its not like he did much anyway, its Gil who finished Tiamat after all.

I was sceptical when i heard what they wanted to do in this ep but the execution of it was done quite well. Some people need to realize that in general its impossible to translate everything from the game into the series and there will always be compromises so you gotta make your peace with that instead of complaining abt every little thing that was different. There are some elements that only work as a game and the last fight against Tiamat is exactly like that imo. Its just you spamming attack at the big bad and it doesnt translate all that well onto the screen, you would just have every servant silently attack, thats basically how it went. However, Cloverworks made quite a good attempt at adaptating it and thats my take on it. Overally they did a great job with this adaptation imo Its incredibly faithful i did not expect that after watching so many awful anime based on games lol
Mar 14, 2020 11:12 AM
Sep 2018
Poor Ereshkigal finally saw flowers in her Underworld. Fucking Gilgamesh saved them.
PaPa Hassan> Speedwagon
Mar 14, 2020 11:18 AM

Jul 2019
Eresh made me cry :c
Mar 14, 2020 11:34 AM

May 2015
Finally they show some justice for the best mom
Mar 14, 2020 11:53 AM
Mar 2020
i really want to ask this, is that a rule breaker from gilgamesh lol
Mar 14, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
I thought this episode was epic, but my only qualm is with King Hassan’s moment and the way he looked/was animated at the beginning. It kinda seemed off to me. However, overall this was a great episode. RIP Eresh though ;-;
Mar 14, 2020 12:06 PM
Jan 2018
Tbh I'm just happy to see archer Gil, my fav character and Ea my fav weapon
Only wished he said 'a stage has been now awaken EA' like in fate/zero
Mar 14, 2020 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
The past couple of episodes had better emotional payoffs, whether is it was Kingu getting backstab, Ana saving Fuj/Mash last min, Gilgamesh smiling, Quetzalcoatl giving it her all, etc...

This episode relied on the viewer attachment to Mash and Fujimaru for the last speech to work. For me, that didn't work so well. Hassan somehow been able to give massive support while in the Nega field also kinda took me away from Fujimaru achievement (even the weapon was from Gil, and he only got the hit because of the teleport).

Gilgamesh had an amazing entrance and releasing Ea (getting killin blow) was nice. However, i feel that if he would have attempt to use it before or while Nega Genesis was been deployed, it would have created more tension and the reliance on Fujimaru would have felt... like something(?) more than been, he is the only living thing around, hence: it is you or the doomed.

Either way, nice to see King Hassan in action. Eresh dying hit hard. Gil summoning himself into action was kinda funny but totally in character.
huh?
Mar 14, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2016
Rebelblade71 said:
Swagernator said:
At least he isn't a Gary Stu like Sieg who drags down the plot for wish fulfillment power fantasy for normies and harms the characters like Jeanne and Amakusa in Apocrypha. Fujimaru is more of a plot tool. To me he's like a flashlight that you shine on servants to see their story and nature. That's how they handled him in the game and glad they did not try to overly glorify him at the expense of others. Overall, he is pretty well handled in the anime since the nature of his character is something that isn't easy to adapt properly without screwing up (Last Encore did that with HAKUNO who felt like a friggen robot).

And useless? Not exactly Just not super exciting to see. Fujimaru's role is like that of logistics vessels in Navy used for stuff like resupplying munitions. Won't look glorious like combat ships due to no firepower but their role is very important nonetheless. Without him, Chaldea couldn't get boots on the ground in the singularities since he is the ONLY MASTER. Plus Mash couldn't do much without his support since he is her master. Not to mention how he supported other servants with his command spells and tactics. Let's not forget how he survived all the singularities so far. For a mere third rate magus doing the job intended for an army of magi with possibly more training, he's doing pretty well.

Imagine wasting so much space writing about a self insert mobage character, dude stop before i start to thing you actually defending him.
Mar 14, 2020 12:57 PM

Dec 2011
Next episode, I'm expecting a trailer for The Grand Temple of Time : Solomon Movie

It was a good episode, A little disappointed by Hassan who seems less detailed than the previous episode but in all, it was good.
I would like see Fujimaru "Goodbye Mother" to Tiamat. She is litterally The mom of everyone and everything.
Mar 14, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Hassan was pretty epic in his sequences!

This episode was pretty lit but I can't repeat it often enough... Kana Ueda is doing such a solid performance voicing. The moment Ishtar screamed when she got stabbed send a big shiver right down my spine!!

Merlin saying that "it's so out of character" when using a sword when fighting XD

Archer Gilgamesh?! Call me surprised, but he definitely saved the day!

RIP Ereshgikal :(

Aaahh, Enuma Elish again!! I love it when Gilgamesh chants those words before he unleashes that attack!!

Tiamat is defeated, seems she just wanted to be loved! Not going to lie.. I was expecting the climax to be next week!!
Mar 14, 2020 1:16 PM

Aug 2014
That was... disappointing
Everything was so underwhelming, and the original parts made things even worse. This was the one episode where Fujimaru should've taken a back seat, but instead he ends up being in the center of the spotlight. Seriously, they could have adapted the last few chapters word-for-word and things would've turned out just fine.
And they were doing so well too...
Mar 14, 2020 1:16 PM

Apr 2009
SliderSlime said:
i really want to ask this, is that a rule breaker from gilgamesh lol

Thought so as well at first, but it lacked its representative colouring and the shape was way off.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.