Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Licht's form and power level went off the charts this episode. Holy shit. But again, it sems his power also takes a toll on his humanity/personality.

Not surprised considering the amount of power he unleashed. I knew it was necessary though to combat the thraet this episode. That mask looks like a Hollow Mask from Bleach.
Mar 11, 2020 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't know why but I really enjoyed this episode, Licht monster form was creepy, fortunately Jail was still alive, I thought he was dead during the last episode, and great that Sonohara wasn't evil, she has a cute personality in reality lol
Mar 11, 2020 10:46 AM
Oct 2016
Holy hell. That was a follow up alright. So many moments where I winced thinking it was about to hit the fan again. Luckily no one died, that would've been too sad. Nearly got me with that moment Sonohara remembered that boy from what looked like a normal Japanese school, wtf was up with that are we talking parallel worlds or dystopian future or what, but if they'd killed her or anyone for real I'd have been really depressed. The explanation of multiple personalities is I'm guessing due to them being brainwashed into being these killing machines they can apparently become on a switch. That's interesting I suppose, definitely has something to do with this blonde guy from the opening I've been waiting to see Schumerman

Jail jumping back in to save Sonohara made me literally yell out loud. Thought he was dead or would die after that shot. Kinda how it looks like she might have a thing for him now, I'm down with that Jail is a cool dude. Loved how he jumped in to stop Licht and bring him back to his normal self. His reasoning about wanting to kill all the enemies to spar others from having to kill is noble I suppose but like Hina said he doesn't have to do that, it's not his burden.
Mar 11, 2020 11:00 AM
Mar 2020
This episode is so fucking dumb , during the fight , the side characters just fucking sat there screaming and crying.MC is supposed to be an absolute powerhouse but still get beaten coz 'determination' .MC was supposed to be turned insane with anger but he drags the fight on for SO LONG when he could've just killed her. Not to mention the worse than mediocre fight scenes.
Mar 11, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
That short flashback was interesting. So looks like both Licht and Sonohara is from another world. Also nice Licht is back to normal.
Mar 11, 2020 11:07 AM
Oct 2019
326931270Ab said:
This episode is so fucking dumb , during the fight , the side characters just fucking sat there screaming and crying.MC is supposed to be an absolute powerhouse but still get beaten coz 'determination' .MC was supposed to be turned insane with anger but he drags the fight on for SO LONG when he could've just killed her. Not to mention the worse than mediocre fight scenes.
im with you man i got really annoyed when jail came in out of no where saves sonohara and goes no more holding back and somehow pulls out another glove with 45k on it i mean come on and lets not talk about how licht barley even fought back he is suppose to be the fastest man alive but yet hardly moved.
Mar 11, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
@326931270Ab @ThatTrainWreck
Shounen BS ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ that 45k ballot is a bs xD even Sunohara's ballot has 16k count only, where in the hell did Jail get that ballot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) If it's possible to make ballot with that high count what's the point of making these "Ace" with another personality which seems like a double edged sword LUL
Mar 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
Hmmm so the Aces aren't asses as I first thought they were. But more their 'inner power' causes their personalities to warp and go insane. Which makes you uneasy wanting to show your 'true power' Nice detail there.
Mar 11, 2020 12:54 PM

Jun 2019
So this void space is gate to "normal world"(?).
"Ace" are made by drinking this weird general blood and it's boosting their powers and count.
But where Jail get this overpowered ballot. It's dumb cuz Licht who is Ace had less count than normal person.
Mar 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
naw, they cant expect me to be fine with them pulling sympathy card after that first impression...no matter what excuse, personality switch, or backstory they gave
and the stuff with Jail is overdone, overthought and out of nowhere bs...dude got shot right in the chest where the heart is located!

second half of this series is gonna feel LONG
Mar 11, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2018
So, Jail can actually kick Licht's butt after all.....

Oh, The Major just showed up.
Mar 11, 2020 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Im really disappointed in this adaptation but whatever.
Mar 11, 2020 1:41 PM
Jan 2018
Once I find out what's on the other side of the abyss, I'm dropping this trash ass show
Mar 11, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2013
Even when the animations are still a bit wonky and some facial expressions are off I'm glad that I powered through those first 7 episodes cause the story is honestly pretty interesting now.

Isekai protagonist Licht is back to normal and best boi Jail saved the day, now it will be interesting to see what Reinhar...Schumerman or whatever is planning
Mar 11, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
I love a good power up and this did not disappoint. I was kinda hoping the blue haired girl would somehow intervene before he killed the other ace as he was about to beast her with some kind of orb holder intervention. Although it did not happen I was still very pleased with how things turned out. Much story and lore has been seen. I require more viewing!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 11, 2020 2:45 PM
Oct 2018
We saw Sasuke when he got the curse mark. Then Sakura back hugging sasuke to try to calm him from his insane state of mind. Rip Off. Jail was fucked up this whole time now he comes back with a random unexplained power upgrade and beats litch at his presumed strongest form while being fatally wounded. Why did licht go from extreme depression to cheerful in 10 seconds? Anyone giving this show good marks is a Boruto fan.
Mar 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Dec 2016
No chryste jego mać!! Pardon my Polish but how you even can destroy a great episode with so awful preview of the next episode?! I thought such a thing was impossible but I was wrong!!!

I don't judge this episode by preview but it was so 180 tone shift that it made me angry... during ending I was thinking "ok. if rest episodes will be like this I will raise my score" but then they showed preview of ep. 11 and this reminded me why I gave it 4/10. fluf...
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 11, 2020 3:53 PM

Jun 2016
Jail: Don't mind me whilst I pull out my 45k glove...

Licht: Where did you get that?

Jail: Oh this, I won it in a raffle the other day. You know, after I faced you.

I like to think this is how he got the magic glove. What an ass pull tho

Mar 11, 2020 3:53 PM
Nov 2018
That's an amazing number of times characters threw themselves in the way to save another character from Licht. Even to the point where glasses guy threw himself in front of glasses girl, protecting her, and the next time Lich struck it was glasses girl who threw herself in front of glasses guy, protecting him. It seems the rule holds no matter who protects who.

What a delightful children's story! It's not how I remember it, but I am glad to see the children enjoyed it. It's good for them to listen to uplifting stories.
Mar 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Jan 2018
That.was.horrible. Dang and here i thought its finally going to get good. Everything about this episode is anti climatic.
Mar 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Jul 2011
I was hopping for this to get better but I was wrong. Disappointing episode, counters suddently don't mean that much, everybody crying.
Was anime really a mistake tho
Mar 11, 2020 4:39 PM
Jan 2020
No need to worry. Next week's episode appears to be a return to the usual Plunderer ecchi themes.
Mar 11, 2020 5:32 PM

Jul 2016
This show is so bad i need to review my rating system because there isnt anything lower than 1
Mar 11, 2020 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
What we have learned from this episode:
- Wooden windows are as hard as stone walls
- Jail either wears fashion glasses or can also create lenses
- It was confirmed in Yuki Aoi character's flashback, that war took place in modern day Japan
- KOROS!
- Saying "I'm not your enemy!" is a big no-no
- Jail's plot armor is unbreakable
- Megane X Megane ship has sailed
- "I know you shot me in the heart but it was Cupid's arrow"
- Characters are dumb enough not to notice Nana possesses information only Legendary Ace could have know
- Mei is still annoying
- Big Bad is a Nazi

Mar 11, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
No chryste jego mać!! Pardon my Polish but how you even can destroy a great episode with so awful preview of the next episode?! I thought such a thing was impossible but I was wrong!!!

I don't judge this episode by preview but it was so 180 tone shift that it made me angry... during ending I was thinking "ok. if rest episodes will be like this I will raise my score" but then they showed preview of ep. 11 and this reminded me why I gave it 4/10. fluf...

I agree, the story is finally getting interesting, so give me that preview of the next episode and there comes disappointment again ...
Mar 11, 2020 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is perfect for that "I'm happy and pissed" meme.
The story is getting cool, although it took 9 episodes to really start. So putting several interesting aspects within the anime, the universe where everything happens makes you want to keep watching to discover where exactly the characters are. (would it be an isekai? That scene of the girl in school uniform gave that impression)
But let's face it, the comedy in this anime is so bad, that the first episode that had no comedy was the best.
And I wanted to make a complaint, this anime is involved with child labor, because they are clearly putting children between 5 and 7 years old to do the animations. The animation for nanatsu 3 is starting to not look so bad, it's so terrible that Plunderer's animation is. It's just horrible.
And by previewing the next episode, I already know that we will have filler again, with the shitty comedy that this anime has.
Mar 11, 2020 8:04 PM
Mar 2011
I doubt 57000 is his max count though tbh. I bet it only went to that because that's all he needed to win against the other ace.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Mar 11, 2020 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
When it's not busy with cheap fanservice or low visual quality, Plunderer is actually a pretty enjoyable show. Not only do we see Licht and Jail act like badasses, we also catch glimpses of how the world used to be like before the legendary war. These episodes have set up quite a few questions about the Aces and the war, and I'm interested to see how the show explores and answers them.
Mar 11, 2020 10:10 PM

Sep 2016
SRASinister said:
I doubt 57000 is his max count though tbh. I bet it only went to that because that's all he needed to win against the other ace.

I mean, his real power is probably tied to that negative number everyone seems to ignore even though he shoves his hand in everyone's faces all the time.

So I wouldn't be surprised if next time he adds another zero or two.
bruh
Mar 11, 2020 10:16 PM

Feb 2018
My favorite battle in the first part of the manga got ruined by cheap animation and horrible music... again, I guess.

And after that, I saw a preview to the next episode - fuck, I'm out. Even Yuuki Aoi can't save this show.
1/10 will be enough (manga is 7/10 for me)
kataneerMar 11, 2020 10:19 PM
Mar 12, 2020 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
SRASinister said:

well, you're not wrong xD It's shounen series, these type of power rising is common ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ check the wikia for manga spoiler. What actually he does is increase his count 10x when in rage mode xD So, he can make Jail's 45k count into 450k (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
Mar 12, 2020 12:28 AM

Feb 2019
Another AMAZING EP. Just got off the plane so only now being able to see it but man it was awesome. So we pretty much got confirmation that Licht and Sunohara have been isekai'd to this world with presumably the other aces as weapons of war. Probably to "plunder" the resources of this world. I believe the shadow hands and the abyss have something to do with that.

We finally got the mysterious blonde guy this ep too. Looks like he's pulling all the strings behind the scenes.

Jail is so badass man, guy just oozes swagger and finesse. No idea how he was able to carry on the fight with that wound, but I enjoyed it.

My biggest question is how the hell does Nana know so much?

Honestly, this is probably the show I look forward to the most on a weekly basis along with Babylonia. I know people like to shit on it on MAL and the threads aren't that active for it, but it's really fun to me. I find the world and concepts to be extremely interesting and can't wait to see where it goes. I'll have to check out the manga over spring break.
Mar 12, 2020 3:41 AM
Jan 2020
Okay. That black hand thingy is either a portal to the normal world. Or this is the same world after 300 years and these Aces are actually genetically modified humans who drank that guys blood. Okay.
My biggest question is why is there no epic battle scene. When Licht activates his monster mode, he must have fought like crazy, but no, jail beats him to sanity.
Mar 12, 2020 3:55 AM
Nov 2017
BebopEccles said:
Once I find out what's on the other side of the abyss, I'm dropping this trash ass show

The world after nuclear war lol
Mar 12, 2020 3:57 AM
Nov 2017
I’m literally just waiting for Hina to become her sex maniac persona. I can’t wait til she mentions what her mom told her to do when she’s finds someone to love, also after seeing the preview to the next episode I hope it’s not a dream that hina was hiding Huge ass oppai this whole time lol
Mar 12, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
The battle of the Legendary Aces just went straight to another level of awesomeness...but the way that the anime does it pales in draft comparison to the manga. I mean, I get it that this was one of the most redefining moments when it came out in the manga's early stages to spur on the main story, but holy cow, it really shows.

The Red Baron that is Licht has turned all friends to foe with his power, as scary as he looks, he isn't like that. And in the end of a spite, Jail Murdoch takes him on to end this farce and knock his senses back to normal.

And finally seeing in action, Marshal Shumerman, the wizard magician himself. What secrets does he hide and how does it affect the Red Barons going forward? But before that, looks like we're gonna have A LOT of the usual ecchi that this series have next week!

To the naysayers who wanted to give this show the benefit of a doubt, try your best. I appreciate your positivism but NO, this show is just an abject failure that just makes me wanna say the old adage of "the manga is better".

Mar 12, 2020 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
The little to no bloods and art style was kinda hard to watch...... They ruined Rihito vs Jail fight thanks to the lame art style and poor direction. Even when I don't like how Jail's count works (Especially in the later chapters), at least the art style look good enough for me to forgive that in the manga.

Anime:

Manga:
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 12, 2020 4:41 AM
Mar 12, 2020 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
Now that's what i want! a clash between power level 57,000 vs 45,000!
oh my! i want Sonohara as my waifu! lolz
5/5.

Mar 12, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode with an epic transformation but that was a little cliche when Licht said that he is killing bad guys so that his friends won't have to do that.
Besides that, a great episode!
And after all the captain was of much a higher number count too, 45000, while Licht is 57000, but what a fight!

And damn, poor Sonohara..
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Man this episode was so lame, almost the complete opposite. It got tired from people jumping infront of others again and again and nobody dying. It just felt like it was just playing the dramatic scene over and over and got seriously annoying. Then a 57k was overpowered by a 12k because of course it was all fake and they had more hidden power. LAAAAAAME!!!!

If you didnt want anyone to die, just get the MC to recover his mental health and get him back on the first go.

This is just cheap writting.
"Miharu denki desu"
Mar 14, 2020 1:46 AM

May 2019
Even though this is enjoyable to watch, there was a lot of objectively bad writing, plot holes and inconsistencies here.

I don't know why I still like watching it despite this, though.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 14, 2020 8:15 AM

May 2012
So this means that Jail could have easily kicked litch when they fought 1st time because he was not fighting with his full power

I did enjoy this episode a lot, but I can't deny that it has some asspull. I prefer if Jail did not have this hidden power. I mean litch loosed his mind when he used his power but yet Jail can match his power without going insane. It does not make much sense.

I still give 5/5 because it super enjoyable. Don't care that much if it has some asspul power anyway.
Mar 14, 2020 8:14 PM
Jan 2015
quite lame episode,that sonohara killed all the villagers and they looks like they want to spare her life. Its not fair for the civilian character, its just anime anyway.
Mar 14, 2020 10:29 PM

May 2009
Piromysl said:
- Megane X Megane ship has sailed

No it didn't. Jail's love interest is Nana, Sonohara is paired with ugly motherfucker named Douan.
Piromysl said:
Characters are dumb enough not to notice Nana possesses information only Legendary Ace could have know

Other aces know she's one of them.
Mar 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Feb 2011
After the previous episode I started to read the manga instead and man, my decision was right. This missed the part when Sonohara got back his true personality and her reaction. Her flashback was great but missed the best part as well. Flashback for Rihito during his speech is also missing, I find it kinda important as it is in direct relation to his personality.

The next episode is also ecchi, meh. What will they do when they reach the part where the manga paints the cruelty of the wars in the future I wonder.
Mar 15, 2020 8:25 AM
Dec 2012
Summary of this episode's plot

Mar 16, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2018
It might be the only anime where the world is more interesting than any of the fucking characters.I seriously want to know is it an dystopian world or an isekai.The mystery regarding the world is the only redeeming feature of this show.

I have to really like Sonohara isn't it??? Because she has a justification??right??How the fuck?The characters doesn't give a damn that she killed so many townspeople and tried to kill everyone but now they are all buddy-buddy because she is somewhat of a gentle girl and was brainwashed.

Licht went berserk and he was using his absolute power but Jail pulled plot armour right out of his punctured heart and one-shot Licht.The power system is worse than Nanatsu.
Mar 17, 2020 6:50 PM

Feb 2018
Good jobs Jail xD. and also nice fighting.
Mar 18, 2020 2:01 PM
Feb 2018
I get it now Licht and the other aces are summons from our world so they have special powers and the like but the war they were summoned for is over and they are stuck in some type of limbo that are too dangerous to but left to their devices
Apr 2, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2015
Let me just take out my glove with 45k power boost and defeat the "supposed fastest man" in 2 hits,, man this anime is a joke the power scalling is a joke main with 57k cant do shit against a guy with 45k.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.