Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that's a close call, working to get everything ready for the festival.

Pretty entertaining episode with the robot guy's "performance". If you ask me, this episode made the festival more entertaining than I thought it'd be. Even the Student Council noticed them.
Feb 23, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2018
Not a straight-up rehash of episode 4's performance, which was nice.

Laughed so hard at the HVAC club's "negotiations" with Kanamori.

The robot club president arguably stole the episode...

9/10 this week.
Set SCE to AUX
Feb 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Aug 2012
They did an amazing performance, especially the Robot Club defending Mizusaki.
Feb 23, 2020 11:37 AM
Jan 2020
Great handling of the family situation, absolutely in line with the overall tone of the show, instead of milking it for unnecessary melodrama. Possible to see where their next project might be coming from. ;)
Feb 23, 2020 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
nice episode and looks like Misuzakis parents will allow her to become an animator after all
Feb 23, 2020 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
To put it simply, this entire episode was extremely fun. In the best sense of the word.

Pacing, build-up, and resolution were spot on. Feels like they've condensed so much content into this one episode without making us feel it was rushed. 5/5, it was a pleasure to watch.

Feb 23, 2020 12:19 PM

May 2019
The first half was full of action while the second half was straight-up wholesome.

I'm glad the event was a success. And I'm glad Mizusaki's parents were different than those usual strict and stubborn anime parents. They actually recognised her talents and decided to support her. Awww..

Also, mad respect for the robot dude, he did everything he can to make this a success.

The best episode of this anime so far
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 23, 2020 12:45 PM

Feb 2019
Kanamori's negotiation in the shadows Yakuza style was the highlight of the episode. Creatives need a business oriented person who can keep them grounded and on schedule and she does just that with Tsubame and Asakusa. If they were left on their own they would never get anything done on time.

Also did it feel really short to anyone else? It's like as soon as the scene with them handing out leaflets ended we were at the end. Such a fun and beautiful series. It acts as a great loveletter to the anime industry and aspiring artists. I hope this show manages to inspire the next generation of talent to keep going. We will be recommending this show for the entire decade
Feb 23, 2020 1:03 PM

Feb 2018
I'm NGL, this show has just completely stolen my heart. It's just... perfect.

I don't even know why, but I legit almost teared up at the end when Mizusaki's parents asked if they were her friends and Asakusa said "no, we're her comrades".

I'm not familiar with the source material, but if we only get 4 more episodes of these characters (in anime form), it'll be a crime against humanity.
axel360Feb 23, 2020 1:29 PM
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Feb 23, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
Aw, deep in my heart I knew Mizusaki's parents would understand her passion for animation.
Eizouken once again making me proud of working with entertainment media.
The performance and the marketing was on point. I feel like that scene of the robot cardboard clones was a reference to a Lupin III episode.
Feb 23, 2020 2:19 PM
May 2013
I love this show to death man. It achieves so much in such little time (like Ping Pong).
Anybody notice the Evangelion nod during the screening of the short film with the slow walk? :D
Feb 23, 2020 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
This had to be the absolute best episode of the series by far. So much tension and such a satisfying conclusion -- with the finished animation AND Mizusaki's parents voicing their approval. Things couldn't have gone better. Not to mention all of the action and movements throughout the entirety of Episode 8, this was very detailed and exciting. So much to look at. So much going on. We're a little more than half way through the season/series, and I'd say this was a stunning midway climax. Unfortunately, this means Episode 9 is probably going to be slower, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the high of watching this one. Highlight of my day.
Feb 23, 2020 2:22 PM
Mar 2015
Great film Glad her parents got to watch it The running robots were hilarious
Feb 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Sep 2018
This show is so amazing! The immersion of this episode is on another level.
5/5
I keep moving forward
Feb 23, 2020 3:49 PM
May 2019
This show is gonna make me hate every other show that hits this year. What a sweet ending as well.
Feb 23, 2020 4:09 PM
Sep 2018
The reason her parents were free to see the festival was amusing, as was their reaction to it.
Her mother going up to her room in the night, lifting up her blankets, and seeing a bolster... simply lovely.
There were a variety of things which indicated that they might be more amenable to reason, to seeing what she had produced and recognizing what it really was, such that their coming on board at the end was not a shock.
I really enjoyed their comments during the viewing, they made it clear they saw how this tied in with her lifelong behaviors, and really was a logical development of them.

In short, her parents are not monsters after all. Far from it, in reality.
Once they saw the results of her efforts, they acknowledged them for what they were.

The Robot Club. The Robot Club President... not only did he save the day, he was clearly having the time of his life.

Their Ops manager. She's beyond competent. She's a force of nature. Do not stand in her way. While she sometimes gives off an air that says, "I'm only concerned about this being a financial success so that I can get my share," she wouldn't have stayed by the side of her friend all these years if that was all there was to her.
She is crucial to their long-term success; she's able to keep them on track and on schedule, and can obtain the resources and assistance they need, and even though her methods are sometimes..interesting...in quite a few instances those she pressured into assisting became true members of the team. She is capable of being gracious in victory...

The Student Council is also surprisingly competent, if in opposition to Our Heroes. They got outsmarted this time, but it took a ton of people working together to do so. They aren't really villains, after all, they just have a different worldview.
Feb 23, 2020 4:39 PM

May 2018
It's great Mizusaki's parents were able to understand he passion for animation.

The robot anime was also really cool! The robot club president was also enjoying himself out there :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 23, 2020 5:02 PM
Apr 2019
I didn't expect Mizusaki's parents involving, that was great.
Feb 23, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2017
This has now become my favorite episode thus far! There were just so many things that culminated here in a satisfactory manner. From the video they were preparing for the cultural festival being completed for the most part, to the robot club helping in promoting the anime to everyone, to seeing the anime in motion and then finally Mizusaki's parents witnessing their daughter doing the thing she's so passionate about and then them meeting her "comrades". I loved all of it!
Feb 23, 2020 11:52 PM

Dec 2015
When the parents showed up I was expecting a lot of melodrama...
I'm glad I was wrong. Great handling of the family situation!
One of the best episodes!
Feb 24, 2020 1:49 AM
Aug 2019
Haven't watched it yet but with these reactions it is probably going to be very good. Just wanted to post how the production of this show is for epi 4-7.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/02/22/keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-04-07-production-notes/

You can read the one for epi 1-3 here

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/tag/keep-your-hands-off-eizouken/

There are all in depth analysis of the people behind the show and what makes the animation so enjoyable.
Feb 24, 2020 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
This series might become one of the anime that has the traits that Gigguk was talking about when discussing the criteria of a great show. Man, week after week I get wowed all over again by the ingenuity of this.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 24, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was totally exciting and wholesome. Their short anime was great ofc but the robot club's leader's advertisement was great as well. Also nice Mizusaki's parents will allow her to persue her dream it seems.
Feb 24, 2020 2:42 AM
Jul 2016
''Īe, nakama-desu.''

5/5, this episode deserves it!
Feb 24, 2020 2:45 AM

Aug 2018
best episode yet. gonna be real sad when this ends aha

Feb 24, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2017
This show knows its unlimited greatness for the anime medium, and it continues striking episode after episode.

Now that Mizusaki is tied into a corner by her acting parents, as much as she wants to pursue her passion for creating animation, the feud starts from the school festival with their robot anime production, with full support from Asakura and Kanamori, plus the Robot Club.

I'd swear that I never get tired of Kanamori's behind-the-scenes "dealing negotiations", but most importantly keeping the Student Council hampering on their toes, this collab will prove the most critical.

The moment has come...to prove that her passion beats parents' dreams. Their production may not be Promare levels of greatness, but Yuasa's input is just as splendid, if not more so. But more than anything, this production showed Mizusaki's parents of their own daughter's overwhelming potential of a passion.

Stunning episode, definitely the best so far!
Feb 24, 2020 3:56 AM

Nov 2013
DAMNNNNN BEST EPISODE HANDS DOWN !
This episode in particular reminded me why I love watching anime....

Like Tsubame said last episode, anime is the best way to appreciate motion. To think that each motion is an intentional and conscious effort depicted by the artist really makes you appreciate the craft.

This episode was such a joy to watch...
Kanamori bartering/blackmailing the HVAC club to get better AC,
The over-the-top chase with the security and the robot club, in a effort to get Mizusaki to the auditorium,
Seeing all Mizusaki’s animation get translated into the film (chopsticks hold, the chainsaw, her grandma’s water toss etc.) ,
Asakusa scurrying her ass away when she sees the Men in Black,
And finally that character development for Mizusaki and her parents.

Well done staff....I’m thoroughly impressed!
Feb 24, 2020 4:55 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was the most fun I've had watching a show or piece of animation in, like, years. Hands-down incredible, through and through. This show is an absolute masterpiece.
Feb 24, 2020 7:16 AM
May 2016
Another episode that left me tearing up by the end. Man this show is just something else entirely I tell you. That was such a fucking great ep, the entire time I was having a blast watching the girls and their friends all pool together to get people in to watch their new anime. Their friendship feels so damn sweet with every ep and it was amazing getting to see their passion and the passion of those that worked with them get them this far, funny to think at the start it was just the three of them to start off with. The animation at the end was also fucking awesome and was an absolute treat to work, so fucking sweet to see how much they've all improved since the Girl vs Tank animation, and Mizusaki's parents showing their support for their daughter at the end was just fucking lovely. Really grown to love Mizusaki, hell, all 3 of the main trio are just great in general.

This, ep 4 and ep 7 are my tied favourite eps of the show so far. God I love this anime, it's just brimming with so much soul and love.
Feb 24, 2020 8:46 AM

Dec 2015
as someone who grew up with giant anime robots in the 80s, I just have 3 words

CHANGE

SUPEEER

WINNNNNNG
Feb 24, 2020 8:56 AM

Jun 2017
Ahhhhh, there hasn't been an episode of anime that has made me feel this good in a while. I'm still reeling from watching it, haven't felt so good about anime since I watched Sangatsu. 10/10
Feb 24, 2020 11:32 AM

Sep 2017
That was fabulous. The entire first half with the stealth mission and robot antics were so fun. The OST for this show is also so killer. Especially during the stealth scene. It was straight out of a video game.

Their robot animation was great as well. It was rough around the edges but had some great motion. The explosions and smoke expanding looked great. Live voice acting is pretty interesting.

Also I'm happy with the route they went for the parents. This is not the kind of show that wants drama around parents saying "No, you can't" for several episodes until finally coming around.
Feb 24, 2020 11:50 AM
Oct 2016
robo waifu in body suit, amazing
Feb 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
This episode right here, is a masterpiece
Feb 24, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
An amazing episode, the Robot club gave their hearts & souls to make sure the festival met a great success ! Student Council & the Anti-Riot Club VS Robot & Eizouken clubs, united to share an animation.

The animation truly captivated me, as it did with the whole crowd. This episode was an absolute breather, time flew in a blink of eye. Loved it from 00:00 to 25:00 !
Feb 24, 2020 5:23 PM

Apr 2014
In my opinion, this is so far the best episode of anime this entire season. Story wise it concluded the struggles of popular girl, and it was the high point of the robot arc. And animation wise, this was basically an episode of Sakuga. Beautiful, expressive and fluid animation that is so rare to find in anime, but for an entire episode?! That takes skill, time and dedication to the craft. Amazing job by the studio!
Feb 24, 2020 5:44 PM

Oct 2018
what is it feel like when you create something you love?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 24, 2020 6:24 PM

Aug 2017
This episode deserves a standing ovation! Bravo! Kanumari u deserve to be the leader of the Film club, the yakuza-style negotiation is epic! The robot club president did wonders in promoting the film.
Sugoi! Sugoi!

Feb 24, 2020 7:00 PM
Apr 2019
Eizouken is a really powerful series, that's it :v. I really adore this episode overall
Feb 24, 2020 9:55 PM

Oct 2017
What a great episode <333333
Feb 25, 2020 12:39 AM

Apr 2015
I just can't wait each week for next episode
this series is real fun
Feb 25, 2020 3:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Freakin' awesome episode for the week, definitely the best of the lot so far for me!

Man, this show really is like a love letter to us, avid anime fans. Week in and week out, I can't help but totally feel on board with these girls, the anime medium really is a peach and its ultimate greatness unparalleled!

First half with the robot antics and the intricate buildup was just spot-on! A big shout-out to the Soundtracks (and its consequent use too, of course) for really amplifying the scenes a dozen more times too. It's been amazing throughout but especially more so this episode, I reckon.

Mizusaki's incredible level of detail from the animation perspective of the project there was incredible. Heck, it even got the parents' approval of her undying passion so that alone is a lot to say. But it really was stunning. Hilarious how she didn't know the right way to hold chopsticks, I suppose that's an ojou-san for you lol.

Really glad they aren't planning to draw out the parent approval bit too. Oddly enough, despite this being pretty much just a couple episodes little affair, it hit harder than many, most of which would take a whole lot longer to come to a resolution. Goes to show just how exemplary this show's direction and the Studio's efforts in this meticulous project has been.

KANLen09 said:
I'd swear that I never get tired of Kanamori's behind-the-scenes "dealing negotiations", but most importantly keeping the Student Council hampering on their toes, this collab will prove the most critical.

I know right, she really knows her game xD. Blackmailing and then working in cahoots with the Robo-club to get Mizusaki-shi out of the pinch was bloody awesome to see!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 25, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
KANLen09 said:

I know right, she really knows her game xD. Blackmailing and then working in cahoots with the Robo-club to get Mizusaki-shi out of the pinch was bloody awesome to see!

There's no greater friend-cum-producer such as Kanamori, she's really the ticking time-bomb for the other clubs' blackmailing HEH!
Feb 25, 2020 7:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
KANLen09 said:
There's no greater friend-cum-producer such as Kanamori, she's really the ticking time-bomb for the other clubs' blackmailing HEH!

Lol, that's one unique way of putting it, but yeah, you're right. Can't wait to see what other moves she has waiting to unleash in her tank.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 25, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2019
The completly unnecessary tea throwing scene put a big fat smile ony my face. An extremely satisfying episode to watch after all the buildup. Plus, that wholesome ending. I actually would not mind if she was to end now - is something I would like to say. But I really, really would mind and actually do not want this show to ever end.
Feb 25, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
Midori going full Army Rangers mode with her clothing xD

Fantastic episode once again. Absolutely loved the comedy and the handling and resolution of Tsubame's family situation without adding some unnecessary drama was simply perfect.

The anime sequence was also such a joy to watch. I'm so impressed with the final product they made I can't wait to see the next project their club will have.
Feb 25, 2020 2:41 PM

Jan 2020
I like the Robot Club's President, I wonder what's his name
That close-up on his face when he was running, it's prove he's the true MVP
Also, can we appreciate Midori's and Tsubame's costumes?
HoruhoFeb 25, 2020 3:10 PM
...-su.
Feb 25, 2020 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
best episode yet was pretty fun to watch all the advertising for the club's performance was way crazier than i was expecting ,parent's were overall pretty chill with the whole thing it's like they skip the whole drama and went right to the end results of Tsubame's efforts to show what she loves to do ,bummed they talked over one of the big parts of the anime where there wasn't suppose to be any music to sell it more ,also it's starting to look far too good for a school club lol and it's only their 2nd product
Feb 25, 2020 6:07 PM
May 2017
this show is so hecking good, goddamnit
Feb 25, 2020 8:53 PM

Sep 2018
Goosebumps !!! They put so much effort in their club presentations but Mizusaki "popularity" is a big plus. Kanamori negotiating/blackmailing is so good! Hahah she's scary xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

144 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2020

98 by little_raven »»
Mar 9, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2020

92 by ibanezpunkotaku »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2020

263 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 2, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.