Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2020 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Experiments involved with night of the living dead....damn.

I like how they show zombies' behaviors exactly as they are, just mindlessly eating. It's quite an intense episode if you also account for the violence and bloood as usual in this show.
Jan 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
The CG got better and the directing is strong in this episode.

Really digging this series as more episodes get released.

The fight scene is pretty great if you ask me, even tho I read ahead in the past few days.

MAPPA is doing a killer job here.

The special 1 time ed is a banger.

5/5
Jan 25, 2020 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
woah! new ending already?! it's another banger!!

this episode was super creepy with the missing kaiman head scene!! the night of the living dead was adapted very well! the background art in this particular episode was stellar!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
The fight was definitely better in the manga, and I thought the CGI looked weaker here.
The OST was absolute fucking killer though and the special ED is cool
Jan 25, 2020 11:35 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, we don't get enough zombies in anime...
Ebisu is comedy gold
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Jan 26, 2020 12:23 AM

Oct 2018
Awesome episode! Shin sure is a tough guy
Jan 26, 2020 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
Noi vs Nikaido could have been better if it was more fast paced. Other than that, pretty good series so far. They handled Shin's scenes well and I've always liked the interactions between Noi and En.
Jan 26, 2020 3:28 AM
Apr 2015
Amazing episode
Anime of the season
Jan 26, 2020 4:14 AM
May 2019
Just great and hilarious
Jan 26, 2020 5:38 AM
May 2019
The CGI is still as dreadful as ever.
The entire episode reminds me of B level Horror/Slasher movies.
Story after 3 episode is still nonsensical, writer is just making things up as he goes along.
Speaking of writing the entire thing feels like it's written by 12 year old edgelord.
We have characters being beheaded and growing their head back like it's not a big deal, characters being stabbed in the heart and walking it off like nothing happened, ghost stealing heads, zombies, undead, a lot of plot armor, magic being nothing more than a convenient plot device.
Like WTF is this a Halloween freak show or something?
Jan 26, 2020 5:48 AM
Dec 2019
Pretty great episode
Also new ending (or special?) is really good
Jan 26, 2020 5:52 AM

May 2016
Poor Ebisu, first she had her face ripped off and now she's a zombie. Really wasn't expecting Nikaido to be a sorcerer!
Jan 26, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2013
Xstasy said:
Story after 3 episode is still nonsensical, writer is just making things up as he goes along.
Speaking of writing the entire thing feels like it's written by 12 year old edgelord.
We have characters being beheaded and growing their head back like it's not a big deal, characters being stabbed in the heart and walking it off like nothing happened, ghost stealing heads, zombies, undead, a lot of plot armor, magic being nothing more than a convenient plot device.

Plotfags everyone
And yes Dorohedoro is a fun and wild ride if you don't like goofy stuff like this just drop it now
It is absolutely not edgy either and very lighthearted. Real edgy shit is garbage like Mirai Nikki you know.
Jan 26, 2020 6:33 AM
Jun 2019
Xstasy said:
Your sorta right, she drew whatever she was thinking about back then :v
Jan 26, 2020 7:17 AM
May 2016
Yet another super fun episode, I love the mix of tones with the first half and the second half. The art direction this ep was just plain fucking solid and I had fun watching the entire way through, fantastic soundtrack coming in full swing as well. The 2nd ED is also a total banger. 3 eps in and this and Eizouken are definitely my AOTS.

How is the cast this fucking unique yet so fucking lovable? By all means they seem like terrible people yet their interactions with eachother are hilarious and so full of fun, it's been ages since I've seen a show with this much color to its cast especially when seasonal shows are so full of the same boring archetypes recycled over and over again. I see people complaining but lmao what dumb complaints, is this what happens when all you watch are formulaic shows? I'm adoring how this story is going so far, I can never guess the fuck's gonna happen next and that's what I'm enjoying the most from this, 3 eps in and it's already feeling like such a fun ride.
ModernoirJan 26, 2020 7:20 AM
Jan 26, 2020 7:38 AM
Feb 2015
Xstasy said:

This take is dreadful. The author is female. Just because something is dark and strange doesn't mean it's "edgy". Some of the best things ever made were made spontaneously, this not being an exception. Yeah, characters came back to life, idk if you noticed, but this story is quite strange, seeing it as simple "plot armor" is foolish. Hate boner is strong, but it's ok, a lot of other people will enjoy this show created with a lot of passion and respect in your stead. God bless you fellow weeb, thank you for your sacrifice in watching this at least 8/10 anime ^.^
PS the CG isn't even that bad, stop being dramatic about it
Jan 26, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2018
too much slow mos in the fight
Jan 26, 2020 7:49 AM
May 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U9AJM4wwm0&feature=emb_title
2nd ED right here. Man I fucking love the song, the vibe of this series seems like it's been captured perfectly so far by the OP and EDs.
Jan 26, 2020 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
well that was nice.... doing all that... I thought she was a sorceress
Jan 26, 2020 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
So Nikaidou is a sorcerer. Well, that's interesting.

And Ebisu is a zombie now.

Jan 26, 2020 8:45 AM
Dec 2017
I am hungry/10. For those who are complaining about a story - you expected stuff to be revealed at ep.3?
Jan 26, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
I was curious to see how they were going to adapt these chapters and I was certainly not disappointed! They're doing such a great job in my opinion. The pacing is solid. The music is awesome too. Also, can't wait for more Ebisu greatness lol
Jan 26, 2020 9:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice to see some zombies, it was good
Jan 26, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was a blast! I really like the character interactions. No closer to solving the mystery. I missed the usual ED.
Jan 26, 2020 9:55 AM
Mar 2019
awesome episode ... it's been very long since I have been this hyped for an anime... the background art looks stunning ..and the anime managed to nail the creepy atmosphere perfectly ..10/10 episode
Jan 26, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2014
This was a great episode, very well paced, many different things going at once and we get to know better the group of magicians, which imo are the best characters so far. The backgrounds on this anime are very well produced and it promotes the heavy atmosphere the anime got. Weakest point still seems to be character design and the 3D animation but the latter doesn't bother me enough not to enjoy the series, i've seen much worse. 5/5 best episode so far.
Jan 26, 2020 11:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
.Mappa has done a great job with the directing, art, ost voice acting, so they really nailed the atmosphere. I think the pacing could have been done a bit better in this episode. But a minor peeve it is.

botomonogatari said:
Xstasy said:

This take is dreadful. The author is female. Just because something is dark and strange doesn't mean it's "edgy". Some of the best things ever made were made spontaneously, this not being an exception. Yeah, characters came back to life, idk if you noticed, but this story is quite strange, seeing it as simple "plot armor" is foolish. Hate boner is strong, but it's ok, a lot of other people will enjoy this show created with a lot of passion and respect in your stead. God bless you fellow weeb, thank you for your sacrifice in watching this at least 8/10 anime ^.^
PS the CG isn't even that bad, stop being dramatic about it

The term "edgelord" or "edgy" has been thrown out so much that it's become utterly meaningless in my view. When a poster throws it around it feels like they ran out of arguments. It's like the term "moe" a decade ago.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2020 11:56 AM
May 2016
Pretty fun episode, with some interesting revelations. Ebisu is too fun.
Jan 26, 2020 2:26 PM

Dec 2016
Ebisu is getting too much torture since the beginning and it's very painful to watch X(

Nikaido is a sorceress? That took me by surprise *-*

Insane episode! With lots of zombie attack XD Kill and purify them all!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 26, 2020 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
They actually hinted it previously already, notice that Nikaido is sick in bed while telling Caiman about sorcerers being weak to the rain in Hole.
Jan 26, 2020 4:00 PM
Nov 2018
this show just keeps on giving. midnight zombie hunts, ebisu turning in a zombie, love all this weird shit going on
Jan 26, 2020 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
This anime is so ridiculously funny, I love this kind of humour

Is Ebisu being bullied the running joke of this anime ? Like a trash/gore version of Aqua ? I mean, we're only at episode 3 and she already got her face ripped off, she was devored alive and died and turned into a zombie
That's hilarious
Jan 26, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2012
That new ED is so fucking good, I'm replaying it non-stop <3

Gotta say, I'm really satisfied with how well they are adapting the manga thus far too.

Down to every notch of delivery in both humor and craziness departments (it's basically just as entertaining of a ride as the manga, despite some shortcomings).

5/5
Jan 26, 2020 6:04 PM

Oct 2018
Xstasy said:

The writer is female lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2020 6:21 PM
May 2019
Xstasy said:

How is this in any way edgy? It's very lighthearted and doesn't take itself seriously most of the time. I also don't know why you expect characters to die as if they were every day humans from our world. Caiman himself doesn't know what he really is, and the other two were sorcerers.
Jan 26, 2020 6:49 PM
Jan 2020
I found the concept where everyone had to kill zombies to earn points to win prizes very interesting. The CGI is gradually getting better and I'm greatly enjoying this series so far.
Jan 26, 2020 7:02 PM

Jan 2018
At first, I thought it would be The Purge a la Dorohedoro. But it became Walking Dead.

Anyways, that fight between En and Caiman, Noi and Nikaidou was awesome. Although their 3D still has low FPS. But, it's decent.

Ebisu became comic relief. Hah

I still wonder about that mystery man, is it the sorcerer or Caiman's real human head?

I hope the momentum would stay strong.
Jan 26, 2020 8:36 PM

May 2019
Ebisu is still really funny. I liked the spontaneity of this episode, and the dark humour surrounding the prizes for killing the most undead; it really encapsulates Dorohedoro's tone.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly I’ve seen a good amount of people trashing the CG on this episode and series as a whole but in my opinion I don’t really see the big issue with it I thought the fight scene was pretty good but to each their own. Also I hope this series begins to get more hype around it since I truly believe this is a strong contender for AOTS
Jan 27, 2020 1:08 AM

Apr 2011
Zombie Ebisu is so funny.
I'm really enjoying this show. Can't wait for the next one.
Jan 27, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
Ending in this episode "Night Surfing" is so precious! I can't stop listening to it, damn need to rewatch it again NOW
Jan 27, 2020 4:46 AM

Sep 2019
I'm surprised no one went Dead Rising and went riding a shopping cart full of weapons, and just screeching as they kill them zombos. Man, Frank would have loved this event. Getting cool shit for just killing zombos.

Zombies, a restaurant owner, a croc-man, sorcerers, and so much craziness/blood, all contained within a shithole. I won't deny, that's an excellent premise.

Before the new season aired, I was uncertain bout it, but, It's certainly a show I'll continue to watch.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 27, 2020 4:52 AM

Sep 2015
That cute ending song caught me off guard LOL
Jan 27, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2016
CG physics are still awful, nice. Nikaido's fight looked really off thanks to it. (Jeez, there were some CG shots where body proportions looked really off)

This anime's attempt at comedy is dull, it's not even funny.

That aside, 3 episodes in, nothing big was revealed yet (Which is understandable, not like an anime will reveal all it's secrets that soon). It was nice to see the main lead get on a fight with the bad guys, which ended up rather weird and leads to many questions. It seems like Imagination is the limit when it comes to Sorcery in this anime, which isn't bad, unless the imagination leads to convenient plot devices and plot armor.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 27, 2020 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
AdolZeppeli said:
CG physics are still awful, nice. Nikaido's fight looked really off thanks to it. (Jeez, there were some CG shots where body proportions looked really off)

That aside, 3 episodes in, nothing big was revealed yet (Which is understandable, not like an anime will reveal all it's secrets that soon). It was nice to see the main lead get on a fight with the bad guys, which ended up rather weird and leads to many questions. It seems like Imagination is the limit when it comes to Sorcery in this anime, which isn't bad, unless the imagination leads to convenient plot devices and plot armor.

Honestly if you think the CG is that bad you should give the manga a chance, or just drop it. The production will not suddenly became stellar and the humor is just like that for the rest of the series.
Jan 27, 2020 9:06 AM
Mar 2015
Nikaou a sorcerer who found Caimon Caimon can regrow his head neat
Jan 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2016
Ottes said:
AdolZeppeli said:

Honestly if you think the CG is that bad you should give the manga a chance, or just drop it. The production will not suddenly became stellar and the humor is just like that for the rest of the series.

ngl, I might drop this if episode 4 fails to hook me. Don't think I'll touch the manga, thanks for the suggestion tho.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 27, 2020 10:56 AM

Mar 2019
Just quit the show at this point if you don't have the patience to not have the entire story spelled out to you in 3 episodes. It absolutely won't be given to you this season. And you're going to have to use your brain to piece it together. If you find it nonsensical you're not going to have it fed to you like a baby so maybe you should move on. The manga is first and foremost a mystery. The mystery of who or what Kaiman is drives the entire story. And in the 167 chapters of the manga that isn't really clarified until 150+ chapters in. It unravels slowly because that's how mystery works. Everything makes sense if you have a brain and patience, and I feel like many early critics have neither.

And my god, can people stop using edgy as an insult? Do you realize how stupid you sound? How is being edgy an insult? Like, yeah I'd like the stuff I read or watch to be more bland. As bland as fucking possible please, none of that edgy stuff trying to stand out. Like the 1000+ generic anime/manga that are barely different from one another. If you have a criticism make an attempt to come up with something that is worthwhile instead of using edgy because that's the go to insult that every simple-minded critic/troll out there is using.
poemofdevilJan 27, 2020 10:59 AM
Jan 27, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
A new ed and this was still the 3rd episode. XD
I have the impression that the animation got a bit better.
Jan 27, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
I thought this was pretty good episode except for the action moment definitely could had been better. Still to my surprise, almost all of my main small nitpicks of the first two episode didn't felt here especially the new scene transitions didn't felt random. Also really digging the comedies here and there but I could see why some could felt it flat. The ED was weird lol.

If people yet feels something missing from the anime then please do all by means read the manga! its totally different experience and the plot do get complex wayy later (that prob we wont see those in this season) but still by that time you will hooked to the manga :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

70 by scorpioniclibra »»
Yesterday, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

99 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 26, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.