Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
Hunter x Hunter (2011). Being a fan of the original version (1999), which was unconcluded, I obviously wanted to like the continuation. But after seeing the direction the show took after the end of Greed Island arc, I had to withdraw of the party. Couldn't buy it. So much that I like believing the show ended with the conclusion of said arc.
Jan 18, 2020 8:59 PM

Jun 2012
Jojo. There is a LOT about it that I like. Especially the powers of the villains, they are really creative and interesting.

But what I can't get past is the glacial pacing. The fights are narrated slideshows that move at a snails pace. I get that manga with those complex concepts might need narrating to help the reader understand what is going on. But an animated show should actually show that stuff instead of constantly freezing time to explain everything going on.

I gave it a fair shot, hoping it would improve. I watched the first 2 seasons, so about 20 something episodes. But that slowness just kills it for me.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 18, 2020 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Parasyte. Tried over and over and over again because the concept intrigued me but the godawful music made it hurt to listen to, it certainly wasn't very easy on the eyes either with its off-model designs... And it just didn't take full advantage of the horror elements, it was really just battle shounen in disguise.

Also Angels of Death, it looked interesting but the conspicuous ugly CGI hurt to look at and I couldn't get past one episode. I am considering checking out the game though.
removed-userJan 19, 2020 2:24 AM
Jan 18, 2020 11:25 PM

Dec 2019
Cowboy Bebop honestly. Fucking crucify me.

The episodic format just made it feel boring. Maybe I shouldn't have binged it. Also I have no class so Jazz isn't my thing. And I wasn't rly that fond of the tone shift at the end.
Jan 18, 2020 11:39 PM
Jan 2017
dc22 said:
KarimEdward said:

I liked it when I was a kid. Isn't it more like Bakugan, Beyblade or Inazuma Eleven?

Hm I don't think so, it's not made to sell toys.

Nah, I mean, it's a kid show. That's what I thought.
Jan 18, 2020 11:59 PM

Apr 2017
Symphogear. It keeps changing and then breaking its own rules too often for me to stay interested.
PFP source: Pixiv/Twitter
Jan 18, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Haunt-bot said:
Jojo. There is a LOT about it that I like. Especially the powers of the villains, they are really creative and interesting.

But what I can't get past is the glacial pacing. The fights are narrated slideshows that move at a snails pace. I get that manga with those complex concepts might need narrating to help the reader understand what is going on. But an animated show should actually show that stuff instead of constantly freezing time to explain everything going on.

I gave it a fair shot, hoping it would improve. I watched the first 2 seasons, so about 20 something episodes. But that slowness just kills it for me.

I felt the exact same way (it felt more like a radio drama than an anime) and almost dropped the franchise but I kept watching and finally, the animation started picking up in part 3 (although the characters and plot weren't very interesting) and I actually got really invested in part 4.
Jan 19, 2020 12:16 AM

Apr 2019
Naruto I guess. Ever since Boruto was released I kind of just dumped the entire series.
Jan 19, 2020 12:29 AM
May 2019
MHA season 4 feels so bad, it is nowhere near the previous seasons.
Jan 19, 2020 12:32 AM

Feb 2019
i wanted to get into code geass but the first episode was so damn boring i couldn't keep watching, i also really hate the artstyle
Jan 19, 2020 12:59 AM
Nov 2015
Talgikiwi said:
Fairy Tail!!!!!

I'm so annoyed that I notice all the flaws. Normally I can ignore quite a bit for the sake of entertainment and good characters but I just can't with Fairy Tail.

(I'm saying this after being 70+ ep in so I gave it a fair chance)

True. For real though, it is so overrated. But of course, this is just my opinion.
Jan 19, 2020 1:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fate Zero and Violet Evergarden probably
Jan 19, 2020 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
Nice thread.

Mine would be:

- SAO
Really excited when it first begun. And now it's such a popular show and I really wish I'm part of the hype now. But I just can't bring myself to like it after the disaster in S1. But mainly because I find the main characters to be boring. I also heard how pretty much everyone fell for Kirito, which is a huge turn off.

- Tate no Yuusha
With all the hype and how popular it is, as always, I wanted to be part of it. But I couldn't stand the stupid characters and the lolis. Had to drop it at ep 8 iirc.

- Monogatari
I find Shinobu interesting and wanted to know more about her. I also find the animation and scenes pretty good and iconic. But I admit it can get pretty boring I couldn't get past S1.

- Black Clover
As a fan of battle shounen and seeing how BC has grown so popular lately, how I wish to be a part of the fandom. But damn, nothing about it seemed to hook me. Something is lacking. Pretty sure it has to do with the characters.

- Inuyasha
Too bitter about Kikyo's death (even though technically she already dead since day one, lel)

- Berserk
Firstly, I got spoiled. Secondly, can't get over the old art style. But I have a feeling it's a great story that I should pick up eventually. I love Griffith from what I've seen so far (I know, he is the big bad guy).

- LOGH
Especially after seeing the newer releases, I really want to start the series but damn, it's hard to get over the old art style.

- D-gray Man
I watched like a dozen episodes of it and stopped. I'll probably pick it up again. But no motivation so far. Idk, maybe I expect too much. None of the character are interesting enough to hook me.

- Steins;Gate
Uwahh you have no idea how I wish I can enjoy this series. I mean, I enjoyed it. It was fantastic. But damn, I just don't like Kurisu okay.

- Mob Psycho 100
Considering how lively the BL side of the fandom is, I wish I can enjoy it. But gosh, the art is such a turn off haha.

- Fate
Look how large the fandom had gotten throughout the years. I wish I'm part of it. But I couldn't even finish Fate/Zero. Something about it kind of bore me.

- Naruto
I'm sick of the main three MCs and couldn't stand them anymore, so I dropped it. Wish I could stay because how huge the fandom is, and I do have some favorite characters in it. But then they killed and ruined them for no reason. That sealed it. Never coming back to this series.

I'll add more if I remember more.

Pleasant_pancake said:
Klad said:
i tried to like One Piece after the time skip but just couldn't. The Dressosa arc got so messy and boring I had to give up on it.

Yeah, it also happened to me. The Dressrosa arc have a very interesting plot and Doflamingo is such a good villain, but this arc have way too many episodes, and in most of them doesn't happen absolutely anything. I don't know how I mannaged to end it, but now I'll be resting of One Piece for some time.

I also put it on hold during Dressrosa arc. Some episodes literally just the characters running around ffs. The pace had been awful especially since Punk Hazard.
Though the story itself is top notch as always imo. So I'll definitely come back to binge watch when I have A TON OF TIME to spare, lol.
CrimsonMidnightJan 19, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 19, 2020 5:47 AM
May 2019
Some CGDCT anime like Nichijou and Gabriel Dropout. Tormenting others for fun isn't fun to watch.
Jan 19, 2020 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
monogatari series after bake and kizu and kimetsu no yaiba
If you rated Jujutsu Kaisen a 10/10, then your opinion is not valid.

AOT>FMAB
Jun 2013
I really want to like Gundam, but I can't find the OG series to watch, so I can't even like it in the first place.
Apr 2019
probably Texhonolyze.
I couldn’t survive the first episode despite this is hailed by Elitist community.
Jan 19, 2020 5:54 AM
Jul 2019
For me it's konusuba
I watched whole 10 episode but still enable to enjoy i won't say it's bad maybe it's not for me
Jan 19, 2020 6:08 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Katanagatari - loved the characters and artstyle. Then came the last episode which ruined me for several days.
Jan 19, 2020 6:35 AM

Oct 2015
Mo Dao Zu Shi, it assumes too much that you, the viewer, are already are knowledgable with the material. Establishing the world is but an afterthought. Cannot watch it more than 5 episodes.
Jan 19, 2020 6:35 AM

Jun 2019
It would be Kingdom I liked the story but I don't like the characters specially the main character he was damn annoying.
Jan 19, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
Hitman Reborn,

I CANNOT get into it. Even after 20+ episodes. I really want to like it though, so I'll keep trying/rewatching it here and there.
woah there
Jan 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Mob Psycho- I can't get past 3rd episode. It was hella boring for me I didn't get the hype that the community always talks about.

One Punch Man- This is much worse, OPM is a lackluster for me.
Jan 19, 2020 7:22 AM

Jun 2019
Quite easy : One Piece, Naruto, Dragon ball, any Gundam just too many episodes. Bleach was fine if we skipped fillers (half of episodes), but even without fillers One Piece is more than 800 episodes, give me a break, this is 20% of the total episodes I have seen in my life... So I will probably never even try to check these shows (so far 0 episode of either).

I also dropped Ginga Eiiyuu Densetsu after 50 episodes or so; it is good, but the pacing was too slow and I got bored. Might check it again later eventually, but it has been a year already. The Chimera Ant arc of HxH almost made me drop it, especially at the end with the unbearable narrator and horrible pacing (not even speaking about the atrocious OST which did not change in 148 episodes: where did the money go?); was it really the best arc of the series? Still, I wanted to finish it to understand the hype of this website about it, and the funny comparisons with SnK S3P2.
Jan 19, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2016
ChocoPuni said:
As many others have said, Fairy Tail. I've watched a couple of episodes and so far it didn't click with me, like it was fun to see the change in the story but I feel like the anime thinks you're "on board" way too soon and just keeps going like an unstoppable train. It's a good anime for sure but might not be for me.
We'll see, I'll give it another 20 episodes.

Talgikiwi said:
Fairy Tail!!!!!

I'm so annoyed that I notice all the flaws. Normally I can ignore quite a bit for the sake of entertainment and good characters but I just can't with Fairy Tail.

(I'm saying this after being 70+ ep in so I gave it a fair chance)

Not sure if anyone pointed this out but I feel like Fairy Tail's problem is not that it's a bad anime (manga) - it's definitely not bad - but the fact that it seems like it tries too hard to be like One Piece, or at least on the same scale with One Piece...

Nah it has nothing to do with the fact that its trying to be like One piece.....it's just plain bad.
Jan 19, 2020 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
3-Gatsu no Lion - The way they drew the mouths is incredibly off-putting (I can't help but think of the characters as lion-frogs constantly grimacing in abject despair), most of the characters are boring (I liked Nikaidou and that's it), and worst of all, the plot is very, very dull. I tried so hard to keep watching, thinking maybe it got better after a few episodes, but I gave up when I realized I was genuinely shuddering in revulsion every time I saw a closeup of the MC. It takes a lot to get that reaction from me.

Gintama - I can tell it's not bad, but it's just not my kind of humor, so although I'd like to like it as much as everyone else does, I can't. I read the manga up to the part with the giant octopus (chapter 60 or so?) and realized I wasn't having fun. Watched the first epsode of the anime in hopes that it would be better animated--like, comic timing or performances or something making it funnier--but it wasn't, so...

Kekkai Sensen - I don't know what happened--either I missed a crucial line of dialogue or something, but I ended up so confused about what was going on that I found myself repeatedly drifting off and not paying attention. Which made me even more confused. @_@

MCHKenshin said:
MHA season 4 feels so bad, it is nowhere near the previous seasons.

Agreed, kind of--I'm a manga reader, and the Overhaul arc is my least favorite there too. Pretty sure it's generally considered to be the worst in the series. ...It's actually better in the anime, I think.

But after this (well, after the next mini-arc and YMMV on the one after that, both of which are good but IMO nothing special) come some of the best arcs in the series. Season 5 is going to be absolutely amazing.
Jan 19, 2020 8:04 AM
Aug 2015
Evangelion. I love the art, the music, and the premise of the story. But the characters, especially the main 3 characters, are unbearable for me.
Jan 19, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2017
Mine are:

- Tokyo Ghoul
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
- Hyouka
- Bungou Stray Dogs

They're quite boring and to be honest I didn't really care much about the characters.
"If you think you can talk your way out of this one, by all means please do." - Near
Jan 19, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
Most of those on my dropped list. I don't go often into an anime expecting or wanting it to be bad.
Jan 19, 2020 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Akagi: I only have ONE problem with this series: I don't know mahjong, and I don't know where I can learn how it's played, in a way that's short and easy.

Re: Zero: I love the concept, the potential of exploring how mad a person in Subaru's position can be driven, but the anime is just crap, for reasons everyone else has already made.

Cowboy Bepop: this is a weird one: there is nothing about this anime that bothers me, yet I can't get into it right now. Maybe it's because it's hyped so much, that subconsciously, I'm going in with impossible high expectations?

Dr. Stone: I love the idea, I loved the first couple of episodes, until I realized that the core appeal, the idea of making science, dominates the show too much. Like, there are entire episodes where nearly all of the characters' actions and dialogue revolve around science. So as a result, the characters are one-note for the most part (freaking Magma has more character development than Senku, MAGMA!) and the plot moves at the pace of a snail. If you're into seeing characters do science, you'll love this show. But for me, the appeal wore off thin.

Gintama: the idea itself is so absurd it's hilarious: Feudal Japan gets taken over by technologically advanced aliens, and now there are flying police cars in Feudal fucking Japan. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, Gintama is every bog-standard comedy anime: 10 year old inoffensive humor.
Jan 19, 2020 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
Pleasant_pancake said:
In my case is the movie Garden of Words. I love Makoto Shinkai other works, but I just didn't understand this one. The visuals are incredible, but that's the only positive thing I could gather, for me it was only a succesion of scenes without a clear meaning. It's a short movie, and I hqve watched it twice, but I almost felt asleep in both cases.

I know what you mean. My friend who is big into films loved it and I just didn't understand.
The art and music is nice tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2020 12:47 PM

Nov 2019
For me it's Mirai.
When I first saw that this movie was the anime that got nominated for "best animated film" for the Oscars, and a bunch of other nominations (i.e. Crunchyroll), I put this movie at a really high standard. However, once I got around watching it, I just couldn't stand how Kun was written, and found it more aggravating and annoying more than anything remotely nostalgic. However, I do acknowledge this film, its themes, some of its characters, and scenes are well made, leading to my mal score. However, needless to say, as "the anime film" nominated at the Oscars, I can't help but feel disappointed.
Jan 19, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2016
Black Clover - I tried so hard to like it because I kinda miss battle shounen and I'm running out of really good ones. But it's just so disappointingly average imo. Dropped the anime, but I'm on CH. 93 in the manga. I heard it gets better but I think I am being lied to...

Hoshiai no Sora - I didn't mind that it wasn't much about sports. At first it was cathartic to see themes of abuse and neglect be presented so earnestly by an anime. But it felt like these themes weren't being explored or developed. It started to feel shallow, like they were just ticking off the boxes and didn't plan on really exploring family or trauma through these characters. The show didn't have good tennis matches to fall back on either. I dropped it after the 10th episode but I don't think the final 2 would change much. This show should have been planned for 24 episodes instead.

Gundam - I liked IBO. I finished the first Gundam Seed, got halfway through 00, and nearly finished Gundam Wing. I didn't like Seed, Wing was good until characters stopped feeling like actual people, and by 00 I got tired of gundam's recurring themes, character archetypes, and everything else about the writing that I can't appreciate. But GOD the machines are cool as fuck.

Code Geass - Giving it another try right now. I'm halfway through the 1st season, and I see why people like it. The plot really carries the story, and the alternate setting could be cool. I even got used to the art style. But man, the individual characters are so uninteresting to me. It's so plot-heavy, but if I don't care about any characters, how should I care what happens next?
-Blue_Bird-Jan 19, 2020 12:57 PM
Jan 19, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2016
Maybe Mushishi? I was pretty disappointed when I found out I didn't absolutely love it. I thought it was going to blow me away. But I really don't dwell on shows when I discover I'm not that into them. I just move on.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 19, 2020 2:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Fire Force is another series that I tried to like but the story and its characters didn't click with me. I didn't buy in Shinra wanting to be a hero because it was cringe worthy. I ended up dropping the series after eight episodes because I found Fire Force to be just painfully average compared to Demon Slayer and Dr. Stone.
Jan 19, 2020 2:35 PM
Aug 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Akagi:
Dr. Stone: I love the idea, I loved the first couple of episodes, until I realized that the core appeal, the idea of making science, dominates the show too much. Like, there are entire episodes where nearly all of the characters' actions and dialogue revolve around science. So as a result, the characters are one-note for the most part (freaking Magma has more character development than Senku, MAGMA!) and the plot moves at the pace of a snail. If you're into seeing characters do science, you'll love this show. But for me, the appeal wore off thin.

I feel you so much on this one. Halfway past the first season I realized that this is not a show I would like, but instead I could tell that my kid brother would love it. It felt like what I'd imagine Bill Nye would write for an anime/manga, which is cool if I were watching this as high school kid super into science. At points it felt like the plot was taking a backseat for the high school science experiments which was just not what I was expecting going in. So I just don't think I am the intended audience because I do see the appeal for that audience.
Jan 19, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2016
Surprising number of people have said JoJo's. Honestly, I had no idea the series was so divisive.

Best answer for me would be Ergo Proxy. I've tried twice to watch this show from start to finish. The first time, I made it nine episodes before I gave up, the second time I made it twelve. I like cyberpunk. I like Re-l's character design (in fact I like all the character designs), but the visual design, the animation and the pacing are all so, so ugly and boring.

Another option; High School DxD. I always hear people saying it's an ecchi with an actual proper good plot, and I want to believe them because, believe it or not, I like it when shows are good and sexy, but every time I try to give it another shot (mainly out of horniness tbh), I immediately remember "oh yeah, I remember why I hate this fucking show" and stop watching halfway through episode 2.
Jan 19, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2019
Shicchi said:
- Berserk
Firstly, I got spoiled. Secondly, can't get over the old art style. But I have a feeling it's a great story that I should pick up eventually. I love Griffith from what I've seen so far (I know, he is the big bad guy).

- LOGH
Especially after seeing the newer releases, I really want to start the series but damn, it's hard to get over the old art style.

What exactly do you mean by "get over the old art style" for series like Berserk and LOGH? Is the art style somehow considered bad? Is there anything in particular you find bad about it or do you just mean that old = synonymous with bad automatically? This seems like it would impose a severe limit and restriction on the shows you can enjoy as every show and film ever made will be old eventually. Would you stop enjoying or seeing merit in them just because time has passed? There are things of tremendous value created in every era.

I never understood this old = bad mentality. To me, old isn't bad, new isn't good, old isn't good, new isn't bad. Things can be evaluated on the basis of their individual merit.
Jan 19, 2020 4:32 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017

Shicchi said:
Nice thread.

Mine would be:

- SAO
Really excited when it first begun. And now it's such a popular show and I really wish I'm part of the hype now. But I just can't bring myself to like it after the disaster in S1. But mainly because I find the main characters to be boring. I also heard how pretty much everyone fell for Kirito, which is a huge turn off.

- Tate no Yuusha
With all the hype and how popular it is, as always, I wanted to be part of it. But I couldn't stand the stupid characters and the lolis. Had to drop it at ep 8 iirc.

- Monogatari
I find Shinobu interesting and wanted to know more about her. I also find the animation and scenes pretty good and iconic. But I admit it can get pretty boring I couldn't get past S1.

- Black Clover
As a fan of battle shounen and seeing how BC has grown so popular lately, how I wish to be a part of the fandom. But damn, nothing about it seemed to hook me. Something is lacking. Pretty sure it has to do with the characters.

- Inuyasha
Too bitter about Kikyo's death (even though technically she already dead since day one, lel)

- Berserk

- LOGH

- D-gray Man
I watched like a dozen episodes of it and stopped. I'll probably pick it up again. But no motivation so far. Idk, maybe I expect too much. None of the character are interesting enough to hook me.

- Steins;Gate
Uwahh you have no idea how I wish I can enjoy this series. I mean, I enjoyed it. It was fantastic. But damn, I just don't like Kurisu okay.

- Mob Psycho 100
Considering how lively the BL side of the fandom is, I wish I can enjoy it. But gosh, the art is such a turn off haha.

- Fate
Look how large the fandom had gotten throughout the years. I wish I'm part of it. But I couldn't even finish Fate/Zero. Something about it kind of bore me.

- Naruto
I'm sick of the main three MCs and couldn't stand them anymore, so I dropped it. Wish I could stay because how huge the fandom is, and I do have some favorite characters in it. But then they killed and ruined them for no reason. That sealed it. Never coming back to this series.

Pleasant_pancake said:

Yeah, it also happened to me. The Dressrosa arc have a very interesting plot and Doflamingo is such a good villain, but this arc have way too many episodes, and in most of them doesn't happen absolutely anything. I don't know how I mannaged to end it, but now I'll be resting of One Piece for some time.

I also put it on hold during Dressrosa arc. Some episodes literally just the characters running around ffs. The pace had been awful especially since Punk Hazard.
Though the story itself is top notch as always imo. So I'll definitely come back to binge watch when I have A TON OF TIME to spare, lol.
But Fate Zero is not the main series (it takes place 10 years before F/SN). Go watch Fate Unlimited Blade Works (TV) and after that Heaven’s feel instead (both are adaptations of the visual novel).

As for One Piece, for now I won’t read the manga until the end is in sight.
Jan 19, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2017
FLCL. I just don't get why people think it's so great, I found it incredibly boring, it took me forever to just watch 6 chapters.
Jan 19, 2020 7:40 PM

Jul 2007
Boku no Hero Academia. I really wanted to like it because I enjoy many superpower battle shonen, but it is just so mediocre and average at best. None of the characters are interesting and are just a bunch of walking cliches, and the story has very little direction. It's not horrible but it's not great.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 19, 2020 7:54 PM

Jan 2010
WatchTillTandava said:
Shicchi said:
- Berserk

- LOGH

What exactly do you mean by "get over the old art style" for series like Berserk and LOGH? Is the art style somehow considered bad? Is there anything in particular you find bad about it or do you just mean that old = synonymous with bad automatically? This seems like it would impose a severe limit and restriction on the shows you can enjoy as every show and film ever made will be old eventually. Would you stop enjoying or seeing merit in them just because time has passed? There are things of tremendous value created in every era.

I never understood this old = bad mentality. To me, old isn't bad, new isn't good, old isn't good, new isn't bad. Things can be evaluated on the basis of their individual merit.

Pretty sure I never said the word bad, duh. I simply have strict preference in art style. I simply find older art style to be unattractive.
It's for the same reason as CGI or cutesy moe chibi style. I also don't like those. It's pretty much personal reason.
But all hope not lost yet because I can get used to art style eventually. Just like Madoka Magica. At first the character design kinda a turn off.
I'll probably pick those up again eventually.
Jan 19, 2020 7:59 PM

Jun 2019
Shicchi said:
Pretty sure I never said the word bad, duh. I simply have strict preference in art style. I simply find older art style to be unattractive.
It's for the same reason as CGI or cutesy moe chibi style. I also don't like those. It's pretty much personal reason.
But all hope not lost yet because I can get used to art style eventually. Just like Madoka Magica. At first the character design kinda a turn off.

You never said the word bad. Hence why I asked it in the form of a question: "Is the art style somehow considered bad?"
Jan 19, 2020 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
Since I'm fresh out the oven, Shingeki no Kyojin. I like the story and I keep following it just to see how much crazier it gets, but I never managed to care about any of the characters, and so all those character-focused episodes and drama just gets lost on me. Because of that, season 3 part 2 ended up being a considerable chore for me and I didn't like how it went as much as I expected after the first part.

Monogatari. Bake and Second Season were great, but all the other seasons were a big hit and miss for me. For the most part, I think the series spiralled into blatant exposition for the sake of it since the show had built its reputation upon that. I felt like the writing became lazier and lazier. Because of that I kinda gave up on it, even though the series had a pretty big impact on me.

Jojo Stardust Crusaders. I liked every other season I watched, but I couldn't stand this one. I didn't like any of the characters except for Joseph and the fights were extremely boring since Araki was still getting the hang of it I guess. I'm yet to watch the second part but frankly, I don't want to.
Jan 19, 2020 8:10 PM

Oct 2017
Klad said:
i tried to like One Piece after the time skip but just couldn't. The Dressosa arc got so messy and boring I had to give up on it.

Dressrosa was definitely a bad arc in my opinion, whole cake island on the other hand, I absolutely loved.
Jan 19, 2020 8:11 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:

Shicchi said:
Nice thread.

Mine would be:

- SAO

- Tate no Yuusha

- Monogatari

- Black Clover

- Inuyasha

- Berserk

- LOGH

- D-gray Man

- Steins;Gate

- Mob Psycho 100

- Fate

- Naruto

But Fate Zero is not the main series (it takes place 10 years before F/SN). Go watch Fate Unlimited Blade Works (TV) and after that Heaven’s feel instead (both are adaptations of the visual novel).

As for One Piece, for now I won’t read the manga until the end is in sight.

Tbh Fate series is kinda confusing. The timeline I mean.
I watched based on release date. Back then there was only F/SN (which I already finished), F/UBW movie (which I already watched too), and F/Z part 1 & 2. I think I've watched the first part only.
I went on hiatus for a couple of years and now there were so many Fate anime, lol. Guess I'll check those you mentioned first if I have time :3

I'm more worried whether I'd be still alive when One Piece finally finished, lol. I'm the type that binge stuff too, waiting for it to be finished first. Tho One Piece is the only exception for me.
Jan 19, 2020 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
WatchTillTandava said:
Shicchi said:

You never said the word bad. Hence why I asked it in the form of a question: "Is the art style somehow considered bad?"
Right.
So the answer is yes and no because it's kinda subjective. I prefer the word unattractive.
Jan 19, 2020 9:35 PM

Feb 2019
Demon Slayer. Watched the whole thing and thought only toddlers would find it enjoyable.
Jan 19, 2020 11:11 PM

Nov 2010
Code geass 2nd season and so on.. It's one hell of trainwreck and I ended up hating all the characters too as the result.

I used to love Gintama until the part where they want to save Elizabeth. There's gundam and all that in that arc. Since that I slowly not liking the story and the comedy also made me bored.
Jan 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Dec 2018
Agent_Redacted said:
Naruto I guess. Ever since Boruto was released I kind of just dumped the entire series.

Naruto and Shippuden are the greatest things to ever happen in anime, objectively speaking. Boruto is a mistake that shouldn't exist.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

26 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

22 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
9 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 33 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
22 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 5 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.