Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2020 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are up.

Another case and it involves a serial killer but a sniper this time. Sakaido has to not only solve the case but survive. The idea of that makes the episode itself thrilling. In the meantime, I'm finding the culprits in this series to be rather disturbing. Considering the idea that they get a thrilling to witness other people dying, that's far from normal...
Stark700Jan 12, 2020 7:52 AM
Jan 12, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Not gonna lie, when mc-kun was talking that murderer into suicide .. that was kind of a snoozefest .. other than that good episode, wonder what will be the direction this will take.
Jan 12, 2020 7:46 AM
Sep 2015
I actually wonder why our protagonist is also in the cell room like other criminals... maybe he also commit the crime in the past... maybe he involved in his family case?
Jan 12, 2020 7:53 AM

Dec 2017
kinda hard to follow the investigation process because it's so damn fucking fast. POLITICAL ALERT, 74 SOLDIERS DEAD, PYRO, PHOTOGRAPH, OK WE GOT HIM BOIS. this happened so fast that it undermines all the effort of the investigation

other than that, what was the point of that call to suicide? is he erasing unworthy humans that way?
also, the fact that he goes inside of his own id well and could lose himself in it reminds me of Inception movie and limbo
Jan 12, 2020 8:03 AM
May 2017
I think this episode is amazing. I like this anime because it makes you think by yourself a lot, although most people seem to not like that. I love the mc's voice and tone. My theory so far is that he murdered his daughters killer or became a serial killer himself after that by killing criminals. I love the lack of empathy displayed. This show is a true psychology anime, unlike garbage like Death Note. 10/10 so far.
Jan 12, 2020 8:18 AM
May 2017
This was way better than the first 2 episodes. They Used the concept well in this one. My rating has risen to 7.
Jan 12, 2020 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Did Sakaido talked that guy into suicide? Damn. Though I do feel sorry for him for what has happened to his daughter.

Another interesting episode.

Jan 12, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2017
new ep was good and interesting like the first two eps im looking foward to more episodes of this and that FUCKING OUTRO GOES HARD
Jan 12, 2020 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
This is by far the best show of this season. I hope the studio can keep it up, because I haven't been this hyped for an anime in a long time!
XXXXXXXXXIIIJan 12, 2020 9:11 AM
Jan 12, 2020 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
ok so it seems they are entering a copy of an unconscious mind then rather than directly entering the mind of a criminal

and this copy of unconscious mind is a leftover on the crime scene called cognition particles then

and Kaeru might be a tool (Kaeru is his dead daughter not literally but symbolically/metaphorically) for him to remember his self especially that he is a detective entering the copy of an unconscious mind
degJan 15, 2020 9:56 AM
Jan 12, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
phantomfandom said:
I actually wonder why our protagonist is also in the cell room like other criminals... maybe he also commit the crime in the past... maybe he involved in his family case?

The synopsis tell everything:

Sakaido is a genius detective who can track down any criminal. But when his daughter is murdered, revenge lands him on the other side of the law.

Jan 12, 2020 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
I wasn't expecting a new episode so soon since we got two episodes last week. Thank you for not taking a break!

So that's how Sakaido got people to kill themselves.

I liked the ID from ep 1 the best, and I don't think they'll be able to come up with a better one, but the ID from this episode was still quite good!

Sakaido in the world of ID is sexy, but his outfit there is really weird!
Jan 12, 2020 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
The OST and ED are fantastic. I'd watch the show just for that even if the story goes to shit. It's been interesting so far. Sakaido is turning out to be a morally grey character. We will need some variety to the episode structure eventually, though.

With Overhaul and Sakaido this season, I'm really liking the VA.
Jan 12, 2020 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
phantomfandom said:

They said he already caused another serial killer to commit suicide. His daughter and possibly his wife were killed by a serial killer. I bet he used his position as a detective to track the killer down and caused him to commit suicide.

The fact that he is held in the same facility as these serial killers is odd though.
Jan 12, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit I was expecting this one to flop but damn this ep topped the others. That talk Sakaido gave to that dude was chilling, literally talked him into suicide lmao
Jan 12, 2020 10:46 AM
May 2016
Really awesome episode, Tsuda Kenjiro's voice acting takes it to another level.
First of all, for an original, its really good the direction and the plot is really amazing.
really expecting a lot from it and i hope the level of awesomeness will continually increase.
Jan 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Damn I forgot this came out on Sundays. Compared it to a Nolan film on twitter last week and got retweeted by Funi, so it's been a fun week. When he described his daughter's death, I physically shivered. This man is broken in every sense of the word. Most likely he went vigilante and tried to kill the Challenger leading to him being imprisoned for violating protocol. People are really sleeping on this one just like Babylon, smh.
Jan 12, 2020 10:52 AM
May 2016
uninstallthegame said:
kinda hard to follow the investigation process because it's so damn fucking fast. POLITICAL ALERT, 74 SOLDIERS DEAD, PYRO, PHOTOGRAPH, OK WE GOT HIM BOIS. this happened so fast that it undermines all the effort of the investigation

other than that, what was the point of that call to suicide? is he erasing unworthy humans that way?
also, the fact that he goes inside of his own id well and could lose himself in it reminds me of Inception movie and limbo

the pyro-guy started talking first about the shallowness of humans then our boi just made some sensible talk which brought our pyro Kun to back to reality and as reality is always harsh he committed suicide.
and I don't think it undermined all the efforts, the point of diving into well is to find that small little clue just like the last episode where they calculated the room dimensions and where it is located just after seeing a reflection its similar to that.
Jan 12, 2020 11:03 AM

May 2010
have to admit i was not feeling this show before this episode.
the voice of Sakaido is actually crazy. i got real goosebumps when he talked the bomber into suicide. Hearing his voice on a good headphone is something else.
Jan 12, 2020 11:04 AM

May 2018
Wlep a pitting end for the Pyrotechnican, he simply did what Epstein did , killed themselves.
Jan 12, 2020 11:23 AM

Jun 2017
Woah talking that dude into suicide wa savage lol.
Jan 12, 2020 11:35 AM

Aug 2019
THAT ENDING HAD NO BUSINESS GOING SO FUCKING HARD
gintokisbicepJan 12, 2020 11:38 AM
Jan 12, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2016
This episode was even better than the first two, I'm impressed. That conversation right before the suicide gave me chills, great voice acting by Tsuda Kenjiro.
Jan 12, 2020 11:43 AM
Apr 2016
People who were bad-mouthing Kenjirou can now shut up - as always he is just another villain.
phantomfandom said:

It was all explained in the previous episodes. You should see them. It explains a lot. About his past and cells. About why our protagonist is where he is. Quite an explanation.

deg said:
ok so it seems they are entering a copy of an unconscious mind then rather than directly entering the mind of a criminal

and this copy of unconscious mind is a leftover on the crime scene called cognition particles then

and Kaeru might be a tool (Kaeru is his dead daughter) for him to remember his self especially that he is a detective entering the copy of an unconscious mind

Kaeru is not his daughter, his daughter is Muku. Kaeru is something else.
uninstallthegame said:

It can be said so. Notice how this episode there was no trace of John Walker. The man who called himself a Pyrotechnician was not created into a murderer. He willingly became one, although, as the episode clearly depicts, he also went mad and that talk from Sakaido threw him back into the reality - that he did not expose anything but his own insanity. Also, the Pyrotechnician talked about Sakaido's daughter, which might have triggered his defensive mechanisms, which is in fact an extremely toxic "trash-talking".
Perforator Tokuma is sitting quietly after "escaping" his serial-killer programming. I believe he will assist the good guys when they finally discover who, or what, John Walker is.
FuMomo-kun said:
I wasn't expecting a new episode so soon since we got two episodes last week. Thank you for not taking a break!

So that's how Sakaido got people to kill themselves.

I liked the ID from ep 1 the best, and I don't think they'll be able to come up with a better one, but the ID from this episode was still quite good!

Sakaido in the world of ID is sexy, but his outfit there is really weird!

Note that this kind of talk would not have landed with "sane" people. He can twist the already twisted minds of insane criminals to make them "repent" and rid the world of themselves. Whether he did so in the past and that is what landed him in the facility is yet unknown. But he is cooperating willingly, as he admitted it does not matter if he is alive - his sole raison d'etre (after losing everything) is to realize what happened to Kaeru, and reveal John Walker.
Daniel_NaumovJan 12, 2020 11:47 AM
Re:formed
Jan 12, 2020 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:

deg said:

and Kaeru might be a tool (Kaeru is his dead daughter) for him to remember his self especially that he is a detective entering the copy of an unconscious mind

Kaeru is not his daughter, his daughter is Muku. Kaeru is something else.

im talking figuratively and not literally so obviously Kaeru is not Miku in a literal sense
Jan 12, 2020 12:18 PM

Apr 2017
Hope the series does not turn to be episodical for the most part. I really want to see a linear story here, because for now everything is just fine and works but isn't really interesting because I don't feel I'm watching something original.
Jan 12, 2020 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
iggykimi said:
Hope the series does not turn to be episodical for the most part. I really want to see a linear story here, because for now everything is just fine and works but isn't really interesting because I don't feel I'm watching something original.

It is a linear story. There is always Kaeru, there will be serial killer of the John Walker brand. Ultimately they will uncover who is Kaeru and what is John Walker. But if you think they can do it by introducing 10 criminals at the SAME TIME... I urge you to think again.
This episode alone was extremely important in establishing that serial killers are not produced by the John Walker alone. Things like war, social apathy to an extent, also produce a lot of bad things.
Daniel_NaumovJan 12, 2020 12:25 PM
Jan 12, 2020 12:26 PM

Oct 2018
how the protagonist explained the real motives of the serial bomber that part was awesome...... still not in love with the anime....
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 12, 2020 12:37 PM

Oct 2018
Learning what happened to Sakkaido's daughter really makes me want him to keep finding justice where he didn't. It was extremely brutal and violent, who could do that to a little girl? I really feel for him, no parent should see their child murdered to such a state.

Sakkaido's psychological breakdown of why the Pyrotechnician did what he did was genius, it was actually entertaining because the mental make-up of criminals is all sorts of fucked up interesting and Sakkaido nailed it.

I've heard some saying the investigation was too quick, but tbh I found it alright. It was just a matter of connecting dots really quickly. The victims are unrecognizable? They're not real people then, our brain usually only reflects people we've acc seen in real life, which means the people in his unconscious were just multiple features he's seen made into a person. The culprit looks different? Plastic surgery. Kaeru was shot in the middle of her chest, meaning she had some time before she died, observed where the people are getting shot from and most likely pointed towards where she saw the sniper. The sniper changes positioning? Can't be multiple snipers due to the time in between each shot. If it's one sniper who seems to have no blindspot, either he himself is moving or the tower is moving. You can find out by the positioning of people who jumped to the ground and find out if the tower itself moves. I was able to follow it fine and I thought it was brilliant. People like Sakkaido and those investigating the id wells just work really fast because they're that clever.
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Jan 12, 2020 12:47 PM
Apr 2016
I will correct my own theory from back then - Kaeru does not travel into the minds of the serial killers with John Walker, Kaeru is Sakaido's anchor to his own "detective" persona.
Jan 12, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
im sure the reason Sakaido force influence him to do suicide is because he called his daughter meaningless too lol
Jan 12, 2020 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Short_Circut said:
Holy shit I was expecting this one to flop but damn this ep topped the others. That talk Sakaido gave to that dude was chilling, literally talked him into suicide lmao

The first two episodes were okay imo, I didn't like the well. But the new well and him talking the murderer into suicide was, like you said, very chilling and I hope they stick with this kind of vibe.
Jan 12, 2020 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
emraanash said:
how the protagonist explained the real motives of the serial bomber that part was awesome...... still not in love with the anime....

well you should be a fan of sci-fi crime mystery in order to enjoy this one since as a sci-fi mystery then expect a lot of jargons and little details that needs you to pay attention more and if youre not interested on those genre then you will find it hard to pay attention in the first place
Jan 12, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome performance by VA Tsuda Kenjirou!
this episode is the most heavy count of headshots that i've seen so far! WICKED! lolz
5/5.

Jan 12, 2020 1:47 PM
May 2019
This episode was fantastic.
The backstory of detectives daughter is heartbreaking.
The part were he talked that serial killer into committing suicide was chilling.
Jan 12, 2020 3:05 PM

Oct 2018
deg said:
emraanash said:

well you should be a fan of sci-fi crime mystery in order to enjoy this one since as a sci-fi mystery then expect a lot of jargons and little details that needs you to pay attention more and if youre not interested on those genre then you will find it hard to pay attention in the first place

I am a sci fi crime fan but this anime doesn't many mystery compare to other mystery anime... but I am gonna continue cz this episode last conversation and suicide made it really interesting
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 12, 2020 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
Xstasy said:
This episode was fantastic.
The backstory of detectives daughter is heartbreaking.
The part were he talked that serial killer into committing suicide was chilling.

I share this opinion. I was really into the last episode. I forgot the time.
Jan 12, 2020 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
that was fucking amazing
Jan 12, 2020 5:16 PM
Oct 2017
The only anime that i have discussed in 3 years besides texhnolyze and lain. Let's hope Ei doesn't bomb and give us Japanese Christopher Nolan rather than a shitstorm.

Inception vibes run high b r o t h e r s.
Jan 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Hirakawa Daisuke voicing the main villain in the episode. A job well done.

It was better than the first two episodes but I am still not sold yet.

justuday said:
Really awesome episode, Tsuda Kenjiro's voice acting takes it to another level.

Yeah. He's carrying the show and making the MC interesting.
Jan 12, 2020 5:42 PM
Jan 2017
Dust_Eyezz said:
I think this episode is amazing. I like this anime because it makes you think by yourself a lot, although most people seem to not like that. I love the mc's voice and tone. My theory so far is that he murdered his daughters killer or became a serial killer himself after that by killing criminals. I love the lack of empathy displayed. This show is a true psychology anime, unlike garbage like Death Note. 10/10 so far.

I feel like he murdered his daughters killer as well, and from what the field investigator said, he probably enjoyed it. I'd say he has a thing for killing criminals (or just to see them die).
Jan 12, 2020 5:44 PM

Mar 2019
Leo said:
Did Sakaido talked that guy into suicide? Damn. Though I do feel sorry for him for what has happened to his daughter.

Another interesting episode.

apparently Sakaido is used to this. that's why he's in jail
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 12, 2020 5:59 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Defeating a psychopath by power ? Stale.

Lead him to suicide by words ? Awesome.

The concept of this show is a new one to me. And it's pretty good. Also the ED theme is a banger. Can't wait for more of these.
Jan 12, 2020 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
Hefesto500 said:
Dust_Eyezz said:

I feel like he murdered his daughters killer as well, and from what the field investigator said, he probably enjoyed it. I'd say he has a thing for killing criminals (or just to see them die).
based on the synopsis of this anime, i think his daughter's killer is still on the loose... "Little by little, a trail of blood forms, and it all leads back to his daughter’s murderer." we are gonna learn more about what happened through this john walker investigation.

it seems that he pulled a dexter after his daughter was killed and thus, he went to jail for it but police knew he was a genius detective so he gets to help out once in a while.
Jan 12, 2020 8:19 PM

Jan 2012
edgy and overly cynical, dropped
Jan 12, 2020 8:41 PM

Nov 2011
I really want to learn more about Sakaido. His past is crazy. Did he get the murderer or just go on a rampage killing people trying to find his family's murderer?
When his Daughter showed up in his dream asking him where he was when they needed to be saved. Yikes bro.
Also I am curious who Kaeru-chan is or what she represents. I feel like it does not represent his daughter and not because he keeps saying they are two different people I just feel like the two aren't connected.

I'm hoping for a Sakaido and Hondoumachi Team up.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 12, 2020 9:03 PM
Sep 2015
KiraYoshikage said:
The synopsis tell everything:

Sakaido is a genius detective who can track down any criminal. But when his daughter is murdered, revenge lands him on the other side of the law.

HOOfan_1 said:
They said he already caused another serial killer to commit suicide. His daughter and possibly his wife were killed by a serial killer. I bet he used his position as a detective to track the killer down and caused him to commit suicide.

The fact that he is held in the same facility as these serial killers is odd though.
Daniel_Naumov said:
It was all explained in the previous episodes. You should see them. It explains a lot. About his past and cells. About why our protagonist is where he is. Quite an explanation.

Do you think is it possible for him to be the killer of his own family (may or may not intention, maybe due to psychological disease or something)
I find it strange that he is in the same area as the real serial killer and terrorists that kill dozen of people. He has to do more than just kill the murderer.
Jan 12, 2020 11:04 PM
Jul 2007
Swagernator said:
Not gonna lie, when mc-kun was talking that murderer into suicide .. that was kind of a snoozefest .. other than that good episode, wonder what will be the direction this will take.

I actually thought that was the best part.
Jan 12, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 2019
This episode was a lot better than the first two. The use of the well was pretty cool and the conversation Sakaido had with the killer was interesting. The way Sakaido was able to get into the killer's head and see his true intentions, desires, and beliefs while calling out on the false facade that the killer put up. Very cool.
Jan 13, 2020 12:11 AM
Aug 2018
You would think they would put Sakaido away from the prisoners after he already caused 5 of them to suicide.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

202 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 5:15 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

106 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 4:55 AM

» Spoilers problem

Quarter034 - Nov 8, 2023

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

128 by RobotFK »»
Feb 8, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

100 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.