Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2015 12:36 AM
Mar 2015
I dont know how to feel about this episode. My feelings are messed up. It was, somehow, sad to see Mayama being so absorbed with Rika. Blushing with happiness and going so far for her. I couldnt help but think why cant it be Yamada? Will her feelings for him just be wasted after so many years? What was the point?
Shuu-sensei... his story was heartbreaking.
I dont understand Rika at all. If she is so faithful to her husband that she even planned to follow him in death, why would she sleep with Mayama?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!
Mayama surely was disturbing at the end. Though, the scene itself was deep.
Apr 21, 2015 5:30 AM

Aug 2014
May 16, 2015 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
They finally getting sex, wow Yamada is a really a pro stalker XD
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jun 13, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2009
Mayama is a stalker...
Jun 29, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
SHIT FUCKIN A

THIS SHOW HAS FINALLY OUTDONE ITSELF

I SHIP BELL CRANEL AND HERMES
Jul 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
My mom was like "if she's moving to Spain and got an apartment then why does he think she's gonna kill herself?" and I was like "uhhh I don't know" - I guess because her husband is dead but she didn't really come across as going to kill herself after the project was done to me :/

I couldn't believe when they were in bed together D:
Sep 9, 2015 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
I mean, I want to be happy for Mayama because thing's seem to be working out in his favor now but.. he was pretty creepy in many ways this episode. I thought they were over exaggerating his obsessive personality before but now it's pretty clear how much of a stalker he is
Oct 23, 2015 7:24 AM

Jun 2015
I can't stop crying.

Apr 3, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 2014
"And then, they done sex"
– The end
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 14, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know why everyone is calling Mayama creepy...sure his actions were questionable, but he did them with good reason. It was quite clear to us viewers that Rika wanted to kill herself, and so it must have been clear to Mayama, too. Mayama was just trying to protect her from herself, and he did so perfectly.

That being said, why did no one mention the Heath Land place?! I wanna go so bad!!
Aug 24, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2013
i don't get people blaming mayama for yamada's suffering.... you guys want mayama to reciprocate yamada's feeling even if he's already in love with someone else? that's bullshit.... in season 1 mayama already in a sense told yamada that he chooses rika over her, when she said " why me?" then "it would be better for you to look for someone else", etc... it's yamada's damn fault she's suffering for not letting go of mayama, and yet Mayama(indirectly Rika aswell) recieves all the hate? lol

what's the meanign behind rika going from 1 bedroom apartment to 2 bedroom apartment?
death604Aug 24, 2016 5:09 PM
Aug 28, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2015
Sooo, this is how I think the couples will end up being:
Nomiya and Yamada
Mayama and Rika / Shuu and Rika / None of these. Rika dies as she seems to be pretty sick.
Morita and Hagu
Takemoto ends up alone or meets someone else

I know what you are thinking about the last two, but when you think it seriously, Takemoto is a really good guy, and if he is in love with Hagu he will want the best for her. Still, Morita thinks the same way, but because Hagu is in love with him and considers Takemoto almost like a brother, he will approve their relationship.
Also, this is a show about growing up and how your life changes paths without you knowing, that's why I think someone will pop up unexpectedly XD
For the same reason, I'm really clueless about whats going to happen now, but I do know that this is an amazing show <3
Jan 16, 2017 1:44 PM
Jul 2016
Cencra said:
Sooo, this is how I think the couples will end up being:
Nomiya and Yamada
Mayama and Rika / Shuu and Rika / None of these. Rika dies as she seems to be pretty sick.
Morita and Hagu
Takemoto ends up alone or meets someone else

I know what you are thinking about the last two, but when you think it seriously, Takemoto is a really good guy, and if he is in love with Hagu he will want the best for her. Still, Morita thinks the same way, but because Hagu is in love with him and considers Takemoto almost like a brother, he will approve their relationship.
Also, this is a show about growing up and how your life changes paths without you knowing, that's why I think someone will pop up unexpectedly XD
For the same reason, I'm really clueless about whats going to happen now, but I do know that this is an amazing show <3

I like Takemoto better personally, I feel like Morita doesn't take as good care of Hagu as Takemoto does. I just dont like Morita, for me he feels like he's just there for comedy purposes

Also, good episode. But honestly, I kinda hate Mayama for stringing Yamada along even though he doesn't love her. I'm liking Yamada and Nomiya so far.
Jan 17, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
That jump cut to them sleeping together was so sudden I almost didn't believe it. Could have been more build up to that, after so long it deserved a more prolonged look. After all that lead up. And then that confrontation at the end, really ramped up the emotion.
Jan 19, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2008
Rika is a dark woman... She's lucky to have someone like Stalker-kun revering her, though. Still, the episode acts as a grave reminder of the magnitude of love an loss Rika has to endure.

Ah, the melancholy...
Apr 13, 2017 4:07 AM

Feb 2013
My kokoro broke to pieces when I saw her house and tears rolled down when she talked about her dog.
This anime needs more episodes like this, there were too many focused on Takemoto, Morita and Hagu-chan.
May 5, 2017 5:13 PM

Nov 2016
Beautiful episode, I was at the brink of tears throughout it. Loved the melancholic feeling and I'm glad that Mayama x Rika is finally confirmed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2015
Wow, finallly Mayama showed some balls. Literally too.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2016
I knew it Shuu chan was suffering all alone and his third choice was just sitting there T*T

Mayama did a double good job this episode first when he pushed Rikka in the train and when he put the alarm on her bag.
Dec 31, 2018 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
i hate glasses-kun. not only did he stalk the living f-word out of that cripple but also forced himself onto her and even went as far as degenerate immoral acts of lust for the flesh. unforgivable bastard. disgusteing.
Mar 17, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2018
I feel like Mayama is getting some unjust hate directed at him because he has been the cause of plenty of Yamada's tears. I mean is he supposed to date her out of pity even if he has no romantic feelings towards her?

For most of the show, he has also been experiencing unrequited love. Is his happiness less important than Yamada's?
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 30, 2020 3:17 PM
May 2020
Okay, I understand and accept Rika and Tatami being together. He is the kind of (smart and loyal) guy to protect a suicidal woman from killing herself and get her to live life.
Oct 24, 2020 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
axel360 said:
I feel like Mayama is getting some unjust hate directed at him because he has been the cause of plenty of Yamada's tears. I mean is he supposed to date her out of pity even if he has no romantic feelings towards her?

For most of the show, he has also been experiencing unrequited love. Is his happiness less important than Yamada's?

I love this comment so much. You're absolutely right!
Nov 28, 2020 7:15 PM

Jul 2020
That was heavy. Shu planning to push Rika and Rika’s plan to kill herself. Glad that Mayama somehow changes her mind.
Dec 25, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2018
I actually prefer it more mature than seeing chaotic comedy.
Another great episode.
I hate everyone equally
Dec 25, 2020 6:46 AM

Nov 2018
axel360 said:

True , people just hate Mayama for being obsessive and overly agressive at times , while Yamada is a princess for them.
It's not like she's just selfish and obsessive with her unrealistic dream when there are people who actually want to be with her.

They are both pretty childish , but Mayama is able to make adult decisions when needed and Yamada is just deluded.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 16, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2021
*sigh* this is getting frustrating -.-
But I’m so Glad we're done with Rika's story,
Sep 1, 2021 7:13 PM

Jan 2019
I don't like how they went from Rika's dead dog to the aftermath of Mayama and Rika's fucking. What happened in between? Rika said "Let's fuck!" and Mayama accepted? Kinda rushed.

Mayama is one creepy dude, and Rika annoys me a lot with all the Harada stuff. Both are perfect for each other cause I can't stand neither of them tbh.

Although most characters from this series seems annoying to me besides Takemoto and Shuu (and some background characters ofc)
Sep 19, 2021 4:45 PM

Jul 2020
that one scene man holy fkn shit
Jan 13, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2018
ok I fully respect Mayama now. He is a true gigachad just like the newly reformed orthodox rabbi Takemoto
Feb 10, 2023 10:40 PM

May 2022
Wow. The trip to Hokkaido. Probably the most disturbing part of the original manga. I think the anime makes Mayama look a little bit better, like somehow he is trying to save Rika. But what we have here is a paranoid sociopath, an abuser of women, a stalker who has captured his prey; and a lonely, suicidal, depressed widow suffering from extreme PTSD. There is not enough anime left to fix these two. I still wonder if suicide isn't where they both end up, Mayama following Rika into the river.

I want my magic unicorns back.
OG_OtakuFeb 10, 2023 10:44 PM
Jan 24, 1:08 AM
Jul 2023
Beautifully portrayed depression, inability to move forward and living life while preparing for something else. The way Mayama understood and handled it all is superb
Jan 24, 1:09 AM
Jul 2023
Beautifully portrayed depression, inability to move forward and living life while preparing for something else. The way Mayama understood and handled it all is superb
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.