Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2008 11:03 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I was right, Rika planned to kill herself, once she finished her husband's last project. Glad Mayama removed that idea out of her head =)
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:46 AM
Mar 29, 2008 11:08 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah, that was a nice scene.
Apr 21, 2008 4:32 PM

Jun 2007
wow. mayama is scary when he cares for someone..
freaking stalker j/k
anyway, again, like all the episodes they shown & first season, an amazing episode.
and I was right too xD she was planning to kill herself, mayama stopped her& their realtionship improved.
May 13, 2008 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
it was a good episode ~ lots of drama and progress to the story. but i fear this series is losing its comedy aspect :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2008 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
it was a good episode ~ lots of drama and progress to the story. but i fear this series is losing its comedy aspect :(

Would you have preferred Mayama to accidentally spill milk on Rika during their climactic scene together and their faces turn all cute-like? This season has so far been a definite improvement over the first in character development, and somewhat mature handling of relationship angst. If we have to lessen the comedy for that to happen then so be it!

Nice episode indeed, I like how they convey the atmosphere of various situations in this show. I really want to take a long trainride to Hokkaido now.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 13, 2008 2:11 AM

Jan 2008
That was a great episode. Kudos for Mayama for stopping Rika from her planned suicide.
sugarplumfairy said:
I don't mind it losing the comedy aspect. What Cihan said, I rather the more mature way of handling the relationships than making chibi faces all the time.
Sep 14, 2008 8:17 AM

May 2008
You can't say that it's losing its comedy aspect since in the previous episode it showed multicolored Unicorns xD
Apr 3, 2009 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
Mayama so pro =.=
Apr 23, 2009 5:16 PM
May 2008
Fffff... Mayama: Loosing all possible virginity to save a life.
Hahahaha... ok, no. Sorry.

... but it really surprised me. I feel little, little sorry for Yamada...
But happy at the same time. Besides the fact that I don't want this to turn into a complete drama where Rika dies, Yamada already got sweet Nomiya~! ♥ I’m really looking forward to it. I need a lot of NomiyaxYamada development noooow.
May 13, 2009 1:50 AM

Jun 2008
wait.. was shuu trying to push rika??? they're story is so sad.. :(( anyway.. another rika x mayama story... its not like i hate it.. its just that.. i don't really want them to be together.. hehe.. i was surprised at how irritated i was that they slept together yet again!!! i dunno.. maybe its bcuz i really like ayu!!! and plus, harada seems like a cool, good guy so i didn't want rika to find someone else.. i dunno..
May 20, 2009 8:10 AM

Aug 2008
Glad we're done with Rika's story, I don't like Mayama -_- He's creepy.

And it's not the first time they sleep together...

I'd also like more NomiyaxYamada! It's really cute ^_^

Jul 3, 2009 12:32 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode so much drama and progress.

Jul 30, 2009 11:43 AM

Sep 2007
I actually hated Rika first season, but now she's kind of become one of my favorite characters. >.> Mayama made Yamada cry a lot, so he better make up for it and take good care of Rika or I'll never forgive him.
Oct 31, 2009 11:41 AM

Mar 2009
Riku w Mayama = Great story, cant wait to watch next episode.
Dec 15, 2009 7:25 AM

Apr 2009
Whoa, Shuji tried what? o.O Niice.
MayamaxRika development, I like it. I actually support NomiyaxAyu xP But I gotta say, Mayama is scary when he's in love. I wouldn't want anybody to stalk me like that xD
Beatnik said:
I really want to take a long trainride to Hokkaido now.

-nods- Not necessarily Hokkaido though (that would be a LONG journey, lol). Just like I wanted to take my bike and travel all around the country after seeing the first season.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 28, 2010 11:45 PM

Mar 2010
Liked this episode. Glad to see some development in the relationship between Rika and Mayama. I hope they get together. :3

Someone try to clear this up for me, did they have sex or they just slept together? I was wondering about that.

Also, I think that alarm thingy was cool! I was like, wtf? I wonder what those are called and are they really used for that sort of thing?
Mar 29, 2010 11:20 PM

Mar 2010
Cenedess said:
Whoa, Shuji tried what? o.O Niice.
MayamaxRika development, I like it. I actually support NomiyaxAyu xP But I gotta say, Mayama is scary when he's in love. I wouldn't want anybody to stalk me like that xD
Beatnik said:
I really want to take a long trainride to Hokkaido now.

-nods- Not necessarily Hokkaido though (that would be a LONG journey, lol). Just like I wanted to take my bike and travel all around the country after seeing the first season.

Actually I want to take a spiritual journey on my bike! xD
May 14, 2010 10:21 AM

May 2010
wooow !
May 24, 2010 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
God damn what a unbelievably well done episode. Mayama cares so much for Rika, that I honestly understand why he does the things he does.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 15, 2010 10:38 PM

Dec 2008
Jeez i knew they would hook up for sure...
Gah well at least he saved her life
Aug 29, 2010 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
Tell me who is more weak? Is it Riku or Mayama?
Broken woman and pathetic man.

I don't care even if they kill each other other something. Mayama can't make Yamada happy so he's just needless.
Oct 10, 2010 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Rewatching this for the third time and Mayama is still my hero.
He is in a situation that I would love to be in. His speech was so powerful and loving.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2010 11:48 PM

May 2010
Japan's technological is top-notch, I mean a bed in a train?!

Oh my god, Rika slept with Takumi!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 22, 2010 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Oh thank God, finally something like a major development in the relationship department. I hope Riku could find happiness with Mayama. The Ferris wheel is still turning for the rest of the characters, I'm on to the next episode!

Hmm... I think I'll add that train ride to my bucket list. :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 7, 2011 5:15 PM

Dec 2010
My God, what an amazing episode. The first fully serious episode, and what a stunning performance. Honestly, I was never too fond of either Mayama or Rika in the first series (I was completely caught up in Takemoto's adventures, and found practically everything else a distraction) but after seeing this episode, my mind has been fully blown. This show is pretty much guarenteed a spot on my Favourites list now :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 22, 2011 10:00 AM

Sep 2009
and I was like.. SHOVE HER OVER SHUU DO IT DO IT DO IT
ahhh I am so sick of Rika.. I just cant take her. I want her to go meet Harada and get it over with.
I was bawling at the screen that entire bedroom scene. Mayamaaa!!!
so frustrated!
but very sexy Mayama *wink*
Jun 25, 2011 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
LMFAO oh my god, mayama's face in this episode. i couldn't take the scene seriously thanks to his face, ahahaha.
Aug 8, 2011 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
I'm glad Mayama stands up to the challenge. Now Rika takes him seriously. He definitely made a point here >_<
Nice how he put those stalker skillz to good use :D
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Dec 25, 2011 5:13 PM

Nov 2009
Best episode in the whole Honey & Clover series. That's right, WITH season 1.

This is what I've been waiting for. Finally there are things actually happening in the series. Things are shaking up, characters are being developed and the plot is moving forward. This is how Honey & Clover should have been from the very beginning.
May 17, 2012 11:40 AM

May 2010
Good episode. Mayama's the man when saying those words including those monologues.
He developed that much since the 1st season.

LOL at his "Happiness Savings".
May 17, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
Mayama showing his boss side this episode :)
Jun 4, 2012 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
Ugh, I can't explain it, but I have an innate hatred for Mayama. I want him to suffer, like how Yamada suffered because of him. I don't particularly like or dislike Rika, but I don't want a happy ending between her and Mayama. I also don't really like Yamada/Nomiya together either.... Sigh. I have absolutely no idea what I want...
Jun 18, 2012 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
So Rika won't kill herself now and their relationship has improved. Blah blah blah. I'm glad it's over. I don't really like this couple. I want to see Ayu x Nomiya and Morita x Hagu.

And I gotta agree that Mayama is a creepy stalker. Haha!
Jul 12, 2012 7:24 PM

Jan 2012
omg this is the best storyline in the whole series. they've had the most intense scenes in the series so far - the bedroom scene from s1, and the door confrontation, and i'm kind of blown away. mayama/rika all the way.
Jul 13, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
That was so achingly beautiful. I was never a huge lover of Mayama and Rika, but this episode meant the world to me. The whole setup definitely wasn't perfect, but it was human in a sense, if you know what I mean. I absolutely loved that. I'm so happy that things have turned out this way.

I'm excited to see more Ayumi and Nomiya though. That couple is so beautiful as well, but in a different way. Same thing with Morita and Hagu.

Oh, but gotta say, Mayama is a lot sexier than I thought XD
fishergirl16Jul 13, 2012 8:07 PM
Sep 17, 2012 10:56 PM

Apr 2010
itsvero said:
Ugh, I can't explain it, but I have an innate hatred for Mayama. I want him to suffer, like how Yamada suffered because of him. I don't particularly like or dislike Rika, but I don't want a happy ending between her and Mayama. I also don't really like Yamada/Nomiya together either.... Sigh. I have absolutely no idea what I want...

here's a question: if you found out that someone you considered a really good friend was in love with you, would you return their feelings out of guilt, with no real attraction? especially in Mayama's case, where he was already in love with someone before the fact. he's also not avoiding the issue either as he's already told her outright that he won't change.

not sure if you just don't like his character as a whole, but if it has anything to do with the relationships between the four of them, then Yamada would easily be the idiot; she's hurting herself, by choice.
Nov 5, 2012 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode...that was so cute.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 18, 2012 7:46 AM

May 2012
Damn nice episode, so we finally see some proper progress with those 2 I wonder what'll happen with Yamada with everything what happened from the last episode!

Great episode and seems with a positive ending!
Nov 25, 2012 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Mayama being a stalker just creeps me out. This is what happens when you're deeply in love. Seriously? It's scary.

The scene where Shuu wants to push Rika is heartbreaking.
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Mar 23, 2013 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
The strongest episode (from beginning to end, not only some scenes, like it usually was in TV1, when only 5% of good strong scenes and 95% is rubbish) of series so far. Neither episode from TV1 isn't standing even near overall. Really this is nearly one reason why I didn't dropped this series - relations between Mayama and Riku. It's almost only one strong and serious line in whole anime (if not telling about interesting and deep characters like Morita Shinobu and Hanamoto Shuuji).
Mar 30, 2013 9:12 PM

Sep 2010
I don't like Rika and Mayama but I'm glad it's finally going to be resolved.
More Takemoto please!
May 28, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Whoa what an intense ending! Mayama was really hurt when Rika "only allowed him to do such a thing when she was either going to hurt herself or had other plans in mind". I hope Rika sees how much Mayama loves her. Mayama also lied when he said before that he wouldn't get hurt - not that I'm blaming him. Anyone would be hurt in such a situation. I'm glad he gets through to her and that he will soon be joining her.

Also, was Hanamoto sensei going to push Rika off the building? I really didn't understand that part when he was reaching out toward her on the roof. He's had a lot to deal with as well but taking care of Hagu has kept him busy. Sensei and Rika's backstory is interesting too. I wonder why she said they shouldn't be together.

Speaking of, I wonder what Hagu will do once she graduates. She has plenty of opportunities popping up but will they be her priority?
phantom19Jun 3, 2013 8:02 PM
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 15, 2013 12:11 AM

Aug 2010
I feel sorry for Hanamoto sensei, hes been through alot but he gets no love :(

Also, holy shit Mayama you stalker! That scene was pretty intense
billngAug 15, 2013 12:18 AM
Aug 30, 2013 8:20 AM

Apr 2008
Oh snap, things are moving forward for Mayama.
Good thing for Mayama.

Jan 29, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
lol mayama super stalker status, but hey he saved her life. A very well done episode. Made me cry a little when he confronted her D:

May 21, 2014 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
O.M.G.

That was one of the best EPs I've ever seen. Stuffed with great moments.
Sep 1, 2014 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
What an emotional episode, I'm glad that Mayama was able to brush off Rika's intentions of harming herself. I wish them the best but at the same time, I feel sorry for Yamada. Well at least Nomiya will be there for her.. Ah this show just keeps getting better >_<
Nov 5, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2011
Fuck Mayama. He doesn't deserve someone like Yamada. She doesn't need someone who stalks and forces themselves on crippled chicks.

All aboard the Nomiya train.
Dec 17, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2011
As much as I dislike (nay, it borders on loathing) Mayama's overbearing tendencies, I'm starting to think they're somewhat justified in Rika's case. However, it still annoys me when he tries to be that way with Yamada, who isn't anywhere near as bad off as Rika and who isn't even the one Mayama chose.

I wonder if Shuu feels responsible for Yamada's suffering, since he's the one who introduced Mayama to Rika in order to help her.
Dec 17, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2009
Jesus Christ Mayama. Talk about morbid.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Karura - Mar 23, 2008

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.