Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Akashi is a serious powerhouse.

Even as a practice match, it's a pretty tough one. A very thrilling episode tbh and even Sawamura is feeling the anxiety.
Jan 7, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
"When he played at Koshien Stadium as a first-year, he got even more attention than Narumiya."

If this doesn't underline the problem of the series, idk what does.
Jan 7, 2020 3:45 AM
Sep 2015
New ED yes!

Also, is this episode supposed to contain a lot of sexual innuendos? Because yes, I like that. Now I know that Seiho boy is huge and I can imagine my own sexual fantasy with him.

And Tetsuya's brother has no batting skill at all, the only good thing about him is his physical (which is already enough for me).
Jan 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
Seems finally Sawamura is struggling again. Next few innings are going to get a lot more difficult for him.
Jan 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
yellowheartren said:
"When he played at Koshien Stadium as a first-year, he got even more attention than Narumiya."

Not enough information about players before the series began?
Jan 7, 2020 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
G_Spark233 said:

Something like that, yeah. Claiming he got more attention than that other one, and yet that other one has been featured (practically starred) in several episodes, while this is first time we even hear about Seiya. If someone doesn't feel the irony there...
Jan 7, 2020 4:56 AM

Dec 2013
yellowheartren said:
G_Spark233 said:

Something like that, yeah. Claiming he got more attention than that other one, and yet that other one has been featured (practically starred) in several episodes, while this is first time we even hear about Seiya. If someone doesn't feel the irony there...

In the previous seasons we essentially learned nothing about players outside which looking back is a shame.
Jan 7, 2020 5:34 AM
Mar 2009
G_Spark233 said:
yellowheartren said:

In the previous seasons we essentially learned nothing about players outside which looking back is a shame.

Because its not your typical sport anime, where you (the protagonist) fight against other teams. In Diamond the main focus is the fight between two pitchers in Seido - the rest is secondary.
Jan 7, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2009
robal15 said:
Because its not your typical sport anime, where you (the protagonist) fight against other teams. In Diamond the main focus is the fight between two pitchers in Seido - the rest is secondary.

At this point, I'm not convinced Daiya has any focus left whatsoever.
Jan 7, 2020 6:23 AM

Oct 2017
Even thou this is only a practice match this was intense. Got to see Eijun go head to head with Seiya. Both pitched really well, time for the batters to score some run and take the lead.
Jan 7, 2020 7:40 AM

Jun 2012
All the third years are really showing up big time as well. Of course, Sawamura being able to close off Seiho is just more impressive.
Jan 7, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2011
Amazing episode! Was really drawn into the match.

"If you die, we all die. It's okay. I won't let you die alone."

^Wasn't expecting such heavy words to be in the preview. If Sawamura is down, the team will literally fall apart. Damn, next episode should be great.

On a side note, I'm glad that they didn't switch between the all stars game and Seido's game.
Jan 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
Seiya was big, and his thighs and butt were great alright. I mean, his pitches were great. lol Sawamura and Koushuu are working well as a battery too. I just wish Masashi would become a more reliable batter already. It doesn't matter how impressive his swing is if it's never going to hit anything. I'm afraid he is going to run out of chances of becoming a regular at this rate. Oh, and I loved when Asou-senpai blushed when Sawamura complimented that amazing throw. xD And I loved the previous ED, but I guess this new one is alright.
Jan 7, 2020 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
To be fair I'm glad they are not making Sawamura into some monster that can take on one of the top teams singlehandedly without any problems (although it would be fun af). He really seems like an actual experienced and calm pitcher now, quite a contrast to looking like an idiot all time time before.

Pacing still sucks though.

Also, "YOU ARE FUCKIN HUGE!!!!!"
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2020 4:18 PM

Apr 2016
Great game for Sawamura. Nice episode overall.
Jan 7, 2020 8:27 PM
May 2019
Seido's strong players never fail to amaze nor disappoint me. Aso's strong arm at the end there had the whole team's hopes riding on it. Awesome moment! The players back each other up all the way.
Jan 8, 2020 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
Seiya is a thicc boi with an amazing seiyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm really starting to feel some sort of way about Okumura catching for Sawamura. I think I prefer that over Miyuki.
Jan 8, 2020 1:40 AM

Oct 2019
jrShark said:
Amazing episode! Was really drawn into the match.

"If you die, we all die. It's okay. I won't let you die alone."

^Wasn't expecting such heavy words to be in the preview. If Sawamura is down, the team will literally fall apart. Damn, next episode should be great.

On a side note, I'm glad that they didn't switch between the all stars game and Seido's game.

I don't have anything to add ^^
Jan 8, 2020 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao the nice butts comments from Seiya team.
Seems like Sawamura is actually using his head lately and is more stable.
Look like he's gonna have to work on his stamina even more than he used to

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jan 11, 2020 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
I feel disappointed with how this series is sometimes. It mostly feels like pitcher duel in most games and of course, catcher matters too. The previous match ended terribly because Sawamura didn't play at all. I don't get how the other members still haven't developed better to help with defense either.

I'm also disappointed with how boring of a character Furuya is. I wanted to give him a chance but he's becoming an eyesore to see. The other supporting characters like Haruichi and Wolf Boy are much more interesting to watch.

yellowheartren said:

My issue with this anime/manga is how irrelevant most of the rivals are. They come and go and most of the time it's hard to even care about them. This Seiya is really fucking boring. They did a terrible job introducing him and handling him. Just seems like an overpowered prick.

yellowheartren said:
robal15 said:

At this point, I'm not convinced Daiya has any focus left whatsoever.
The focus right now is the next tournament to see who becomes ace, I think. That's where the climax will be.
Jan 14, 2020 7:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
yellowheartren said:

But the series began with Eijun going into Seidou as a first year. When that happened, Seiya was in his 2nd year and he suffered an injury which removed him as a pitcher for his team. I think it's unsurprising we don't know about him when he didn't pitch the whole year when the story began. Even then, it's been established within the first season that there's only really a focus on schools in Tokyo. Seihou isn't even in the same prefecture. Yes, if they go to Koushien, they will have to face teams from other prefectures, but it's always regionals first. They even separate Tokyo into two, so we see less of East Tokyo schools (Ugumori, Teitou) than of West Tokyo (Inashiro, Ichidaisan, Yakushi).

At the end of the day, the above doesn't even matter. Eijun is the protagonist of the story, he had practically no knowledge about baseball other than the basic rules. He simply loved playing the sport. He still doesn't follow anything baseball related news, aside from probably how their closest rivals are doing, or from what other people talk about. Just my two cents :)
--------

Lol when Asou thought Seihou's base coach made a dumb decision. In the manga, the title of the chapter (fan translated) was something like, "Blind turd of a base coach" XD

Also, that ED 🙏🙏🙏 OxT is always the best choice, didn't care that much for the previous two (although Kodou Escalation did grow on me).
tingyJan 14, 2020 7:11 PM
Jan 14, 2020 10:05 PM

Oct 2009
tingy said:
Eijun is the protagonist of the story, he had practically no knowledge about baseball other than the basic rules. He simply loved playing the sport. He still doesn't follow anything baseball related news, aside from probably how their closest rivals are doing, or from what other people talk about.

And therein you touched upon the point I was making. Yeah, he had no idea about baseball. Yeah, he doesn't follow every related news outlet. But at the same time he did go to one of the powerhouse schools with one of the most dedicated (at least in some cases you could even say obsessed) players. At the same time, the anime alone had 75+51+39 episodes up to this point - I'm not asking for a detailed life story of every remotely relevant player, but when there's such a cult build around that one, to never find the time or opportunity, in so much time, to as much as casually slip into a conversation the name of someone who was regarded as even more of a wonderkid, but then drag him out anyway and give him his entire 15 seconds of fame in direct spotlight... Yeah, idk.

This actually relates to a point I've made elsewhere too: the series just loses focus. Yes, you can say Eijun is the de facto protagonist, because that's been established at the start, and because sooner or later it does go back to him. But when it breaks off, and it does that quite often indeed, it meanders so much and sometimes so far that, to me at least, it feels like it's spending about as much time on everything/everyone else in total as it does on Eijun alone. We don't need "profile shots" and dramatic closeups (read: all the blank white backgrounds) of every player of every other school that walks up to bat or to the mound. We don't need long reminscing of a sidecharacter's childhood memories with another sidecharacter. We don't need internal monologues/conflicts of a sidecharacter that comes into the story a year late. We don't need detailed introductions of whatever team they face in a practice match, or even at regionals. Yet what's Daiya been doing? These exact things. Entire episodes about Furuya or Miyuki or even about the king of sh×ts. And don't get me wrong, in themselves these things aren't bad - it's the proportions I've been having trouble with. Ep41 seemed to get back on the right track in this regard, in my opinion (even if it once again featured several slideshow scenes of still images and narration).

All in all: I used to love watching Seidou as a whole. On or off the field, their plays and shenanigans have always kept me engaged, I watched the anime without multitasking. Lately though, I find myself bored and uninterested, because it wanders off so much, and so often shifts to people we've never even heard mentioned - while at the same time Seidou's own players go without screentime (heck, Yuuki's brother was a such a thing when he finally made his anime debut, and we barely even see him now). I watch it as a side activity while doing other things.
Feb 8, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2017
Sawamura grew up so well, I'm glad the he and Okumura are getting along~

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 14, 2020 4:05 AM

Feb 2013
It's a battle of pitchers so far.
Aug 21, 2020 10:24 AM

Mar 2012
yellowheartren said:

Its super late but im here for the first time. But this is silly. Its obvious why Mei was the one always talked about. Him and Inashiro are the gatekeepers of that region. You cant beat him you dont go to nationals. Why would we ever need to hear about or know about Akashi if the only time we would ever see Seiho would be Nationals?

They would never play in the normal tournaments because Seiho is from a different region. Just like we never heard of Mima, Or the Twins from Yamamori. It would serve no purpose to introduce Akashi and Seiho in the first two seasons and then never play them until now.

You seem like someone who wants to nitpick something just to be negative for no reason
Nov 5, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Damn son, Seiya got some thicc thighs and booty

Eijun shows some nice growth with making some of the calls as usually Miyuki makes them.

May 10, 2022 6:04 PM

May 2021
Aso's reaction when Sawamura praised him xD I've always like him in the beginning and I'm liking him more now. Hope he stays in regular until the end.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Dec 24, 2022 2:05 PM

Oct 2015
Aso really throws well! I wasn't worried when I saw it was him who caught the ball. I knew he could do it! It was nice seeing him blush when he finally got praised (by Eijun) tho! XD
   HuaLian <3
Jul 21, 2023 8:56 PM

Aug 2019
ZORO’S VOICE ACTOR (Kazuya Nakai)?? OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE THAT I JUST NOTICED.

I like how Eijun is making his own calls too, is really showing how much he has grown.

Please, Masahi, hit a home run. Alright, nvm, they’re getting out pretty quickly, I think that’s the reason why Eijun is sweating. He doesn’t have much time to recover. I really hope this doesn’t affect him too much. Nvm, it really is affecting him. Aso seems happy with Eijun’s compliment.

More topics from this board

» is Diamond no Ace underrated?

LevyChase - Feb 11, 2022

20 by Nox--- »»
Apr 29, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.