Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 29, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are out.

It's kinda crazy how the suicide law is becoming like an epidemic spreading. Poor Seizaki, he just can't seem to catch a break. Kinda interesting background storytelling about Wood though.
Dec 29, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2013
Sekuro died. I really dont want this happen.
ryanstrikeDec 29, 2019 8:03 AM
Dec 29, 2019 8:00 AM
Apr 2019
huh
was going to forget about this series....

long long time no see, Babylon!!
Dec 29, 2019 8:05 AM
Nov 2016
After a long wait, the show is back.I didn't expect Alex to be the president of USA and it's crazy how that suicide law is being adopted by so many different countries.I hope we'll get the next episode soon.
Dec 29, 2019 8:07 AM
Dec 2019
I think someone put what happened in this episode in a spoiler at some point, but I couldn't believe that it's actually true. This was kinda like... what? Probably one of the strangest mid season changes I've seen in recent memory.

I will keep my rating stable for now, but am kinda conflicted how this will continue.
Dec 29, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2011
Slowburner ep, but that was to be expected after the ride that was the last episode. Seems like tensions are rising in the states.

Shoutout to my boy Seizaki for sporting them crocs
Dec 29, 2019 8:26 AM

Mar 2018
I didn't really like this episode. It feels like the show will lose focus now that it's going international. First the long wait and now we get an episode about the US president.

Sekuro was my favorite character and it really sucks that she died. I'm expecting Zen's family to die at any moment now.
tokidoki921Dec 29, 2019 8:31 AM
Dec 29, 2019 8:38 AM
Apr 2018
It's not only about Japan. It's WORLDWIDE. Lowkey excited.

btw, that that last scene surprised me.
Dec 29, 2019 8:41 AM
Sep 2015
I wish in the real world people will interest in suicide topic as much as this anime. But people are very selfish about their ideology, even the same-sex marriage law, which has absolutely no disadvantage, is still illegal in most countries, even country that is already legal like Taiwan, people just vote in referendum to make it illegal again, WTF is wrong with humanity? Let alone suicide law, people will think I don't want to die, therefore everyone in the world must don't want to die too.
Dec 29, 2019 8:43 AM

Nov 2016
I seriously didn't expect that the plot would take this direction and I don't know what to think of it as of yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2019 8:45 AM

Mar 2016
The story is so haunting. I'm glad it's back.
Dec 29, 2019 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like it's finally back, that's good
Dec 29, 2019 9:00 AM
Sep 2018
It's ready, episode 8 I need more, that does not slow down a wonder of the best of this season
Dec 29, 2019 9:12 AM
Dec 2016
Someone mentioned here 3 weeks ago that the show will focus on american president. Honestly i think if last 5 episode were dedicated solely to seizaki hunting down magase. It would be far more enjoyable. im deathly afraid the show is going to be 4 episode of suicide law ideology. and episode 12 magase and seizaki.
Dec 29, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2018
only thing that surprise me is that how a beginner like Revoroot giving us such an amazing anime...... their animation is so good...

btw i have question did they time jump in episode 8??
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 29, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
I think magase is now pretending to be seizaki's wife....

“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 29, 2019 10:18 AM
Aug 2018
Well, I don't really like this episode... I will keep my score for now but I will have to drop it if it continues like this :/ I really don't want to do that tho, I really liked this anime until this point. But we still have 4 episodes to go...
I hope they will go back and focus on Seizaki and Shiniki. Its intresting how things are going in other countries, but I'm more interested in japan. And this flashback for Wood was just too long and slow...
Dec 29, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
i knew alex wuld be president! old geeza~ welcum bacc Babylon!

well that was a plot turn!

Dec 29, 2019 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
So is the president of the United States a gamer now? ;v
Dec 29, 2019 10:31 AM

Nov 2019
This is an incredible episode, I wonder why suicide isn't discussed as much in our society
Dec 29, 2019 10:43 AM
Apr 2015
Anime of the year
Amazing episode
Dec 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty long character setup for the US president. I hope it benefits future episodes because on its own this was pretty bland. Especially, after having to watch an ultra depressed Seizaki in the 1st half.
Dec 29, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
FINALLY, it's back. After 6 weeks, I feel they lost a lot of momentum and it's self inflicted. After one of the greatest episodes in history to go on hiatus like that, was odd to say the least. Especially when people had just started talking about the show. But, it is what it is, I did buy the novel in the time since the last ep.

Man, Alex being president really through me for a loop there ngl, great directing there. I also thought his wife Emma was gonna be Magase and that they were gonna explain that's how she learnt to cut people up/kill people or something lol.

Great symbolism and foreshadowing during Zen's flashbacks and dream sequences, him being on the edge of the roof for example. "Don't worry about us, choose what's right" Fairly sure she and the kid are gonna be goners by the time the story ends.

One thing I really like about the series is how there's this sense of dread and inevitability. It's like you feel hopeless in stopping this wave that's spreading throughout the world because of these preexisting legal and social constraints. To really stop these monsters you will have to break those constraints and go outside the normal limits. 4 more eps, hoping they can really stick a landing to solidify this as an all time great.

Edit: Is a new ep coming tomorrow too? Have they switched to Sundays? Or will it be Monday's again starting on the 7th?
Marinate1016Dec 29, 2019 11:12 AM
Dec 29, 2019 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
Wooo finally Babylon is back and damn is Zen messed up mentally after all that's gone down. All this buildup with his family though seems like it's building up for them to die

The 2nd half was pretty weird though ngl. Surprised at the end lol didn't expect that dude to be the actual president. Thought it was gonna be another anime with Donald Trump in it lol
Dec 29, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Motherfucker really gave his computer a thumbs up.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 29, 2019 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
It's kinda crazy how the suicide law is becoming like an epidemic spreading.
DavidPavel said:
it's crazy how that suicide law is being adopted by so many different countries.
Nah I don't think so. it's just a normal thing to happen after that election commercial for suicide in episode 6. if you guys think that's weird than a similar thing is happening with weed & marijuana in the real world. in the information era, things happen in a matter of days.
Stark700 said:
Kinda interesting background storytelling about Wood though.
DavidPavel said:
After a long wait, the show is back. I didn't expect Alex to be the president of USA
Man really loved that character introduction there, his way of thinking & him being the president also, that slap from his girlfriend (now his wife) must have boosted his confidence that's the main reason I think we are seeing him as a president. that women changed his life. overall I like where the things are going.
tokidoki921 said:
I didn't really like this episode. It feels like the show will lose focus now that it's going international. First the long wait and now we get an episode about the US president.
Hmm, I think it's just getting started. I loved the way they introduced the new character Alexander W. Wood. really like this character & how he thinks. overall I am really excited where things are going especially with this episode.
Hatsuyuki said:
Shoutout to my boy Seizaki for sporting them crocs
Yup, that came from nowhere, as crocs owner it felt good.
Nothing impressive!
Dec 29, 2019 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
KamisamaHatatan said:
So is the president of the United States a gamer now? ;v
he is a human, why not?
Nothing impressive!
Dec 29, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2015
I find it hard to care about anything in this show anymore.
Dec 29, 2019 12:25 PM
Nov 2016
Kills said:
Nah I don't think so. it's just a normal thing to happen after that election commercial for suicide in episode 6. if you guys think that's weird than a similar thing is happening with weed & marijuana in the real world.

I don't know man, marijuana it's one thing, killing yourself is another...
Dec 29, 2019 1:05 PM

Dec 2013
And one of the best shows of the seasons returns. Nice!
Dec 29, 2019 1:13 PM
Dec 2016
episode 9 is scheduled on monday 6.1 8 days from now. After that every episode each monday so were cucked bet at least 3 more delyas are going to be a thing
Dec 29, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
An issue I'm having with this series is the fact that in real life, the legalization of suicide (not including assisted suicide) is legal in many countries and states. It's making the issue seem relevant, and if it was talking about assisted suicide legalization or just a straight mystery with Magase that would probably work fine, but since the act of suicide is legal in numerous areas, the way the US and other countries are reacting is unrealistic to me (and therefore so is the show; also I'm fairly certain suicide and assisted suicide are state laws). The show wants you to think about these complex issues with complex characters, but with this episode I'm worried that the writing's focus on complex ideologies is going to get in the way of just telling the story in a way that makes sense (especially with themes). Overall, I hope the story ends in a way that ties everything together, but I guess we'll just have to see.
Dec 29, 2019 1:38 PM
Apr 2019
I'm really confused but it´s amazing anime, Seizaki=Justice!
Dec 29, 2019 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
fucking christian morality. this shit that western societies were build on don't allow even think about this topic.
Dec 29, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2011
Finally the show returns after that chilling exprience that was episode 7.Poor Seizaki.
''I was dead serious''

Dec 29, 2019 3:36 PM
Sep 2018
ryanstrike said:
go read the raw manga it's way better than the anime also sekuro survives in it
Dec 29, 2019 3:38 PM
Apr 2015
prophet_dan said:
ryanstrike said:

Manga is garbage and bad adaptation to novel
Anime is much better than manga
Dec 29, 2019 3:42 PM

Sep 2019
Wonder if this show is going to have the same issue that goblin slayer had, when your best episode is not your last ep the good show or great show you made makes people feel unpleasent with it. Hope the show can still impress the audience including myself after ep 7, i liked how they showed how Seisuki's life continued after the incident and they try to provide some back story to the president of the US, but giving back story to a character means they want us to connect with said character, so the story its likely to go with the president perspective instead of Seisuki?, if they do this would be a waste, its way more interesting watching someone who its about to have a mental breakdown because of shock unless they can pull a good surprise again with the president character but otherwise idk about that move.
Dec 29, 2019 3:49 PM
Apr 2015
saxe2 said:
Wonder if this show is going to have the same issue that goblin slayer had, when your best episode is not your last ep the good show or great show you made makes people feel unpleasent with it. Hope the show can still impress the audience including myself after ep 7, i liked how they showed how Seisuki's life continued after the incident and they try to provide some back story to the president of the US, but giving back story to a character means they want us to connect with said character, so the story its likely to go with the president perspective instead of Seisuki?, if they do this would be a waste, its way more interesting watching someone who its about to have a mental breakdown because of shock unless they can pull a good surprise again with the president character but otherwise idk about that move.

President is just support charecter
Sezaki is main charecter
I don't know why you said sezaki not apear anymore ?
Dec 29, 2019 4:11 PM

Jun 2015
Ten said:
I find it hard to care about anything in this show anymore.
you didn't give out any reasons so I am preassuming coz of the delays of this show. I advise you to watch it later.
DavidPavel said:
I don't know man, marijuana it's one thing, killing yourself is another...
I know it's hard to understand. but for me, it's more or less the same thing. the only difference is marijuana kills you slowly & the other kills you instantly. though by passing the suicide law, the people won't be looking it from a disgusting point of view. people will know that it is a choice & will do everything in their power to do what they want. I am from a 3rd world developing country in our culture it's really hard to talk about suicide. because in our culture people see it as a disgust. they don't want to talk about it, don't even care mental health is an issue. & that's what blows it up. So I grew up in this mess & I know what it feels like I used to think I'll kill myself one day or another coz at that time I didn't have much of a choice coz of bad parents & their bad guidance in life. but then my thought process did a complete a 180 turn & I accepted suicide as a choice & just like Alexander W. Wood I am trying to give my 100% to do everything in my power to see if I can make it & guide my own children (if I ever be able to make & afford one) the life I wanted, the guidance I craved for from my parents. so this is from my personal experience When you know it's a choice you'll be able to live life much easier than before. & this is the reason why I think this Suicide law should be a thing. it will mitigate us from one less thing to worry about.
TheFlyingOrange said:
An issue I'm having with this series is the fact that in real life, the legalization of suicide (not including assisted suicide) is legal in many countries and states. It's making the issue seem relevant, and if it was talking about assisted suicide legalization or just a straight mystery with Magase that would probably work fine
IDK why did you write "many countries" because only a handful of countries & states (for example Belgium, Canada and Switzerland) allow voluntary euthanasia as of 2019 in some form or other. & Different countries have different euthanasia laws. which is quite different from what is being depicted by the anime. the issue is quite relevant. In many 3rd world countries - such as Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India - support for active euthanasia is almost non-existent. it is a hot topic over the globe. & IDK why do you think it isn't the US thing coz assisted suicide remains illegal in a majority of states across the nation. (according to wiki) & it is even worse in 3rd world countries. in our culture, we can't even talk about it. it's a topic of shame.
TheFlyingOrange said:
but since the act of suicide is legal in numerous areas, the way the US and other countries are reacting is unrealistic to me.
See this is where you got it wrong, this whole show isn't talking about assisted suicide. it is talking about taking your own life in general, i.e. Euthanasia with or without the help of a physician. (btw in this show they are talking about a pill which has their own pros & cons. ╮(╯_╰)╭) it is about choice. The way the US is reacting is a pretty realistic depiction to me coz now the USA is not talking about assisted suicide it's talking about legalizing Euthanasia which is completely illegal in the USA & quickly getting legal in neighbouring countries. which is a major cause of concern for them. economically & morally. personally I think it should be Human right to end their own life. but whatever.
TheFlyingOrange said:
The show wants you to think about these complex issues with complex characters, but with this episode, I'm worried that the writing's focus on complex ideologies is going to get in the way of just telling the story in a way that makes sense (especially with themes). Overall, I hope the story ends in a way that ties everything together, but I guess we'll just have to see.
I agree, but the ideologies are the part of the story after seeing this episode somewhere in my mind I felt the same & to be completely honest with you, I never thought this anime would be any good but the last 3 episodes made me rethink my evaluation. let's hope.

& forgive me, I know all this is confusing due to my lack of better wording. also, I am not good with my English so be sure to point out any grammatical mistakes you found while reading this post. it's gonna help me improve my English.
KillsDec 29, 2019 4:37 PM
Nothing impressive!
Dec 29, 2019 4:12 PM
Apr 2016
Anyone not well-experienced enough to think this is going internationally - you are wrong. It has gone internationally. Now FBI connects Seizaki to the Alexander the Great and together they will take Magase Ai down. Do not go ballistic just yet. Watch carefully and think before raging.
[quote=Kills message=58883274]
Ten said:

& forgive me, I know all this is confusing due to my lack of better wording. also, I am not good with my English so be sure to point out any grammatical mistakes you found while reading this post. it's gonna help me improve my English.

Terribly sorry but I am not going to read this just to point our your mistakes sir.
Mori-dono said:
fucking christian morality. this shit that western societies were build on don't allow even think about this topic.

Apparently the actual reason is... that... the Christian societies are less damaged by the impending doom and the need to justify ones own existence or get out. It is not mentioned in the Bible because it was such a stupid idea, that someone would even think of quitting such a beautiful, complex realm. And most westerners do not think about it. They instead commit crimes to get back on feet instead of quitting... which does not work either. But more spiritual societies are more prone to, through complex mental and ideological roads, come up with an easy way out. Yes, westerns are quiet languid.
Daniel_NaumovDec 29, 2019 4:17 PM
Re:formed
Dec 29, 2019 4:17 PM
Sep 2018
ziad1419 said:
prophet_dan said:

that would be the case if the anime didn't become inconsistent, after an episode like ep 7 i would expect this episode to delve into his mental state for at least an episode for his epihany at the end is that the only way to stop her is to kill her also if magase can convince people to commit suicide why has no one thought to use ear plugs
Dec 29, 2019 4:21 PM
Apr 2016
prophet_dan said:
ziad1419 said:

that would be the case if the anime didn't become inconsistent, after an episode like ep 7 i would expect this episode to delve into his mental state for at least an episode for his epihany at the end is that the only way to stop her is to kill her also if magase can convince people to commit suicide why has no one thought to use ear plugs

Because this is literally your foolish assumption, that all that needs to be done is put on ear plugs. Are you even watching? There is a thinker as U.S.A. President for a change and you do not even follow his thought process? Wasted!
Re:formed
Dec 29, 2019 4:28 PM

Jun 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Terribly sorry but I am not going to read this just to point our your mistakes sir.
Hey, I'm not forcing you too. & it's not that bad. I can understand most of it, it's just that from my understanding the words aren't correct. I don't know or can't remember the correct words to use in this conversation. coz I am not a native English speaker & quite bad in memorizing stuff.
Nothing impressive!
Dec 29, 2019 4:31 PM
Sep 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
prophet_dan said:

Because this is literally your foolish assumption, that all that needs to be done is put on ear plugs. Are you even watching? There is a thinker as U.S.A. President for a change and you do not even follow his thought process? Wasted!
I don’t care for unrealistic ideologies I want a thriller that messes up the mind of someone who is pure justice, not for a 10 odd minute of an episode of him spending time with his family and not giving away too much about his mental state, also don’t blame me if he actually does use ear plugs at some point against magase also why have they ruled the dismembered girl as murdered when I’m pretty sure they didn’t find a body that with dna testing rightly said was the dumb idiot who walked right into magase forgetting who she is dealing with
Dec 29, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2019
I don't really know what to think. It was a long wait so I forgot some things and this sudden direction change.
Dec 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2017
why would you introduce the president of the US with him playing and finding a hot model chick through runescape? could you go even more unrealistic with this gamer moment?

that aside, why are we going worldwide? why not just stay in the scope of japan, exploring japan's suicide problem? why rush things like they did in this episode? why was a debate about suicde in a japanese city broadcaster live worldwide? you raise a death flag for Seizaki's family and go explore the legality and morality of suicide in western countries?

i'm starting to think this show is supposed to be viewed as something secluded from real world, because a lot of the things in the show make no sense irl
Dec 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
prophet_dan said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I don’t care for unrealistic ideologies I want a thriller that messes up the mind of someone who is pure justice, not for a 10 odd minute of an episode of him spending time with his family and not giving away too much about his mental state, also don’t blame me if he actually does use ear plugs at some point against magase also why have they ruled the dismembered girl as murdered when I’m pretty sure they didn’t find a body that with dna testing rightly said was the dumb idiot who walked right into magase forgetting who she is dealing with
I can see that happening. I am pretty sure the reason they didn't use earplugs coz they didn't know how magase does all that stuff but now that he knows about this & the involving of the US I say there is a strong possibility of this happening.
Nothing impressive!
Dec 29, 2019 4:55 PM
Apr 2015
prophet_dan said:
ziad1419 said:

Anime don't end yet
Sezaki mintal state will see more fo this side
In next episodes
Dec 29, 2019 4:57 PM
Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:
why would you introduce the president of the US with him playing and finding a hot model chick through runescape? could you go even more unrealistic with this gamer moment?

that aside, why are we going worldwide? why not just stay in the scope of japan, exploring japan's suicide problem? why rush things like they did in this episode? why was a debate about suicde in a japanese city broadcaster live worldwide? you raise a death flag for Seizaki's family and go explore the legality and morality of suicide in western countries?

i'm starting to think this show is supposed to be viewed as something secluded from real world, because a lot of the things in the show make no sense irl

How you can end Itsuki Kaika ??
Sezski is failed with him so we must see third side
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

442 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.