Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah I can't be surprised that Nomaru is in a desperate situation this episode.

It's also about time Seizaki finally decided to execute his plan. For what's worth, anything can happen in this show and this episode turned out to be slightly more violent than I was anticipating.
Nov 18, 2019 5:48 AM
May 2016
Amazing episode holy shit

almost puked at the end tho lol
Nov 18, 2019 6:14 AM

Nov 2010
It turned out that Magase has the ability similar to Eucliwood Hellscythe in "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?". Quite supernatural...
Then the show has turned into "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni".

Incidentally, I found that this show is based on a novel that was written by Nozaki Mado. This name rang a bell. He was the script writer of "Kado: the right answer". It was a highly claimed show as an eccentric SF anime from a certain spectrum of audience. Actually, the show has a lot of silly aspects, but if you like Babylon, you would also like Kado.
Nov 18, 2019 6:18 AM
May 2018

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonNov 18, 2019 10:41 PM
Nov 18, 2019 6:32 AM

Mar 2019
Wow that was a harsh episode, the suicide scenes were really disturbing
That execution in the end was insane
Nov 18, 2019 6:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What the fuck man. That was... so graphic. Wasn't expecting this to suddenly become so violent o.O
Nov 18, 2019 7:04 AM

May 2015
This was such a mess. The violence for the sake of violence or, at least, it's not clear yet what Magase's true objective is and how it's tied with Itsuki. His explanation was somewhat logical and they could work with that and actually gain support from people, but they decide to kill everyone opposing them? Won't it make things more difficult? The thing with Sekuro was awful and cruel and so far totally unnecessary. It was more than enough that Kujiin died too. My impression of the show just dropped significantly. While the previous episode was a bit boring, this one I really disliked. I hope the overall morale of the story will make sense after all. Maybe it's a good thing that the way evil was shown appeared disgusting but I'm sure there'll be just as many who'd think that Magase was cool and attractive. Also, the way they incorporated food between the scenes was kinda cheap and meh.
Nov 18, 2019 7:13 AM
May 2016
This show is equal parts shocking, disturbing and thought-provoking. I went into this with rather low expectation, since nobody had talked about it, but now I'm just not surprised at all that the guy behind Seikaisuru Kado is behind this as well.
I'm extremely torn on Itsuki himself at this point, because the altruistic aspects of suicide are something I've contemplated myself as well. Most of media deem ones death to save a loved one as moral, but none seemed to consider it in such a realistic and down-to-earth way, not just someone jumping between their loved one and a big death beam. I'm still not sure if he's just manipulating, or genuine, but the ideas behind it stand on their own.
Everyone except Magase and Seizaki from the poster are dead now, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the series these too were to perish.
Nov 18, 2019 7:17 AM
Sep 2015
On the bright side that video stream could be used as evidence against her, because this is obviously murder. If Magase willing to die just to break Zen's moral (like Joker and Batman relationship) then she could succeed and Zen would kill her, but if she want to be alive too then it's very hard for her, a lot of people other than Zen would kill her on spot.
Nov 18, 2019 7:22 AM
May 2016
I have a question on Sekuro... Did she really die? Sure all her limbs were chopped off, but knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised if magase just packaged her up nicely and dropped her off somewhere, a hospital or somewhere to be found, that everyone would have to confront that she then would likely request euthanasia, a form of assisted suicide...
Nov 18, 2019 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
Bruhhhhh wow that took a more gruesome route, though I feel like it's the issue with it being 12 eps that it seemed to happen rather quickly

Another great performance, this time from Sakurai Takahiro

Honestly wasn't expecting both of the characters to actually die at all so that was definitely a surprise to be sure. Again, with the 12 eps I feel like it's gonna end up being rushed how everything ties together with Magase and Itsuki and so on so forth

Ilovebeanbag said:
Poor sekuro and pony tail. If you can shoot your leg why not shoot her first?

I'm pretty sure that was so he could break free from Ai's manipulation for only a while (kinda like every other show where the character injures themselves to get out of hypnosis). My guess is that Ai was probably already gone by the time he semi came to so he couldn't really shoot her
Short_CircutNov 18, 2019 7:31 AM
Nov 18, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
that ending got me fucked up
Nov 18, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2017
Yep, this series will mess up big time at/near the end just like any other thriller series I've watched. Sekuro's cruel death was extremely unnecessary.
Nov 18, 2019 7:38 AM
May 2018
guys what is happening it is form amazon prime video site

“Chapter 3 Bending World, #8 Hope” will be available on Dec 30 (JP Time). We know life is good. But what if that belief proves to be wrong someday? Don’t miss the animated version of Mado Nozaki’s novel, which critics describe as a poison that enters your body! This story follows Zen Seizaki from the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office as he investigates a scandal involving a drug company."

link https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0PURGMAG9R4B8E1YRZTFXN6FN7/ref=atv_br_def_r_br_c_unkc_1_19
Nov 18, 2019 7:46 AM
Apr 2015
KatsutoSaki said:
Yep, this series will mess up big time at/near the end just like any other thriller series I've watched. Sekuro's cruel death was extremely unnecessary.

Death sekuro was necessary
Now zin will have charecter devlopment
Nov 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Feb 2008
Poor Hiasa.

I am confident that it is you.
Nov 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Jan 2019
This epysode was fucked up. Magase really needs to die.
Nov 18, 2019 7:57 AM
Apr 2014
After all the shit that happened this episode, I thought that at least we've hit rock bottom right? the only way from here is up right? Then I remember that Seizaki still has people he cares about (his family). That means this show can get even more depressing. I'm not continuing this, thanks.
Nov 18, 2019 7:57 AM
Jul 2016
After seeing Fumio hang himself I knew the poster was a foreshadowing to the deaths... Sick episode.
Nov 18, 2019 8:00 AM
Jan 2019
AdroSlice said:
I have a question on Sekuro... Did she really die? Sure all her limbs were chopped off, but knowing this show I wouldn't be surprised if magase just packaged her up nicely and dropped her off somewhere, a hospital or somewhere to be found, that everyone would have to confront that she then would likely request euthanasia, a form of assisted suicide...

She chopped her with the axe 5 times, 4 limbs and 1 for her neck. She marked her neck at last. So, if she's not a superhuman, she's dead.

My favorite characters Sekuro and Kujiin are dead and I'm laughing. I'm such a horrible person.
Nov 18, 2019 8:00 AM
Jul 2016
AdroSlice said:

With the last chop she beheaded her.
Nov 18, 2019 8:19 AM
Dec 2016
This was the most neccesary episode so far. When all you see is harem shit, thats trying to pat you on head everytime, to keep you in your comfortable in your bubble.
You start craving story like this. Magase is very well written villain, because like she said she doesnt do evil just to do evil.

You mostlikely know this better than myself. She is a big reference on

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags
FancyjasperNov 20, 2019 3:32 AM
Nov 18, 2019 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
I hope they can give us a good explanation why Magase got those superhuman abilities.
Right now Babylon is a mess, and they want to 'shock' us instead of giving us a suspense and halfway decent thriller.

The suicide topic could be used for an interesting thought-provoking plot about pros and cons of suicide or about good/evil, but they go for cheap thrills instead.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Nov 18, 2019 8:28 AM
May 2016
Evii_me said:
AdroSlice said:

With the last chop she beheaded her.

Thank you and Sourav730 for the clarification. I suppose I wasn't paying full attention during this scene, for obvious reasons.
Nov 18, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
oh my god, oh my fuc*king god! what an episode!!!!!!! this is how you should break a character, goosebumps........ this thrill, this mystery, this drama..... its like a drug, until next week only thing will be on my mind is whats gonna happen next?

if they can execute the ending with some deep shocking thing or meaning it will be a masterpiece.

I am falling in love with magase ai, Am I evil person?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2019
Seizaki lacks critical thinking lol I bet he still wouldn't consider using earplugs starting from now, it's also probably just a matter of time before he gets his family killed too

@Azazin it's obviously gonna be some kind of pheromones but if the show has a supernatural tag then it could be anything, she's like Tomie without the

@Ilovebeanbag Itsuki is one lucky guy, she hot af not to mention quite a supportive wife
Haunt88Nov 18, 2019 9:56 AM
Nov 18, 2019 9:04 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Death death everywhere.

I think Ai Magase is a grim reaper disguised in woman form
Nekko_Khayal88Nov 18, 2019 9:08 AM
Nov 18, 2019 9:23 AM

Mar 2019
The way this show uses transitions is stunning. The torture scene was absolutely disturbing and really hammers home how evil Magase really is. Makes me wonder where the series is going in the second half. Also love how the smallest of details play a big role in this show.
Nov 18, 2019 9:27 AM
Nov 2014
Shit, almost everyone died. I thought it’s ok if a lot of good characters die, magase is evil enough for all of that, but when even sekuro died, especially after such a torture. I don’t even know what to expect next
Nov 18, 2019 9:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The scenes with the sausage and the ketchup just before the axe touch the limb xD
Nov 18, 2019 9:35 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Bruh, the anime's poster was a big fat spoiler all along. (Thanks for pointing that out, Reddit.)

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 18, 2019 9:40 AM

Oct 2015
Lol Seizaki makes me so mad. How dumb can an inspector get. He can he let such a situation come to be. He let basically everyone die and let those two go on their own when there was clearly something going wrong with the groups.

Stop bloody whimpering and crying he knew he was dealing with a psychopath early on and should've taken precautions after seeing all those people jump of the roof AND his kouhai was murdered by her - he knew it was Ai Magase deep down and this had to be her MO. The moment the groups started to lose contact he should've known something very bad was up and he should go himself to check, instead the doofus just sent the girl to check?

Ugh also it makes no sense to me how there's absolutely no trace of where Itsuki, Ai Magase and that girl inspector went? You're telling me right after a live broadcast there were absolutely zero eye witnesses seeing them leaving the scene? No CCTV inside a building? What about that interrogator talking down to Seizaki saying 'you youself said they committed suicide'?

Um hello how do you explain how EVERY COP (emphasis on cop) committed suicide simultaneously and Itsuki, the wife, (presumably) the kid AND another COP disappeared (likely kidnapped)? It would seem blindingly obvious to me that none of those events can be coincidences. The only SOLE survivor is claiming to you that Ai Magase is responsible so how can you talk down to him and claim it's all 'trauma'.

Is this really how incompetent police are? Why didn't bozo Seizaki make all these points clear to the interrogators? Why didn't he immediately move with full anger and urgency to find the girl and track down the people that kidnapped a police officer? In fact police officers being killed or missing should cause the whole agency to be in full swing. Why did Seizaki even go back to the police station and is not out in the field?

Also now that Magase has sent Seizaki a video stream the doofus didn't even record any of it I'm 100% sure and was too busy screaming. It directly links Ai Magase with murder and now Sekuro that police officer has died after BEING KIDNAPPED from the murder scene, clearly showing how it could not have been simple group suicide.

I've got too many questions now, a lot of things don't make any sense? Why did Magase even need to kill those police officers and why did she particularly want to use a physical method with an Ax and broadcast it to Seizaki? It presumes that she has full confidence that none of the murders will ever be traceable to her (including the steamed one). Honestly I think she's right I doubt doofus will actually be able to use it in a positive way at all. Her intentions nonetheless don't make much sense to me, was it just to make a statement to Seizaki and risk being caught? Maybe she wants to be caught.

What's all those politicians going to say now? How is it not national news? Is the general public really that stupid and immediately change their moral/ethical/political opinions immediately after one interview? That's not at all realistic. Also I was kinda miffed how none of the politicians couldn't counter Itsuki's arguments? There's so many flaws in his speech and logic.

Not once did he explain how exactly 'suicide' law is different from euthanasia (which is closer to what he's actually talking about since its about donating organs to save someone's life) - such things are already acceptable and is not the same as suicide. Doesn't explain how suicide will be treated legally nor how it would it be clearly distinguished from murder? What if someone coerced someone into suicide, the offender will get away with it because 'its now acceptable that people can kill themselves'. It's not explained WHY such a law is even needed nor does it address the root causes for suicide in the first place or any alternative solutions to lowering the suicide rate (considering Japan is an outlier not the norm, other nations have handled the situation better).

I think Itsuki will use the deaths of the police officers for the suicide law but is the public actually all going to believe him and not have any bad feelings about the fact that mysterious suicides are connected to him? Magase knows about Seizaki's family so I have a feeling the mother and son are going to die next.

Lots of plotholes and things I'm not looking forward to here because I'm sure in the next few episodes we're just going to see Seizaki being backed into a corner with no one believing him (despite evidence being on his side) and he will have to do everything alone by breaking the law himself and become a criminal to stop Magase. I doubt any of these concerns will be addressed.

Don't get me wrong I think this show is brilliant still but I'm really fking hoping Seizaki will actually man the hell up, think smarter and stop being useless. I'm also kinda pissed all the main characters are essentially dead now with nothing to show for it. So much backstory and introductions to these characters will not be coming and it feels like a waste. We'll have to wait to see what happens I guess. Really hope Magase dies in the way she does not want and suffers once justice is served, only then will I be satisfied.
Nov 18, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2015
@IndianAnimeReker
You are really overthinking it. Authors dumb down every other character to elevate one or two. Monster did it before, this one's doing it now although far more egregiously.
Nov 18, 2019 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
That was one hell of a crazy episode like damn.
I couldn't even read the subs at the last scene cuz of how shook i was

And shit, i liked kujin
Nov 18, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
The last scene made me feel:

God, Seizaki let every single one of his friends/coworkers die. I was expecting Kujin to at least survive till the end but nope. Goodbye Sekuro too. You will be missed.
Nov 18, 2019 10:10 AM
Jan 2019
IMO the show has just jumped the shark. Specifically, Magase's powers have been handled way too poorly.
As a result, instead of a somewhat realistic political thriller, we are now dealing with a rather pointless urban fairy tale.
/disappointed

There have been a great deal of anime recently that purport to get the viewer to "understand the purpose of evil". But not one of them is taking the subject matter even remotely seriously enough.
Nov 18, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
I haven't seen an anime this demented in a good bit. Damn this show's message really wants to fuck with you so hard. You got one side that is trying to normalize suicide and making valid arguments, and you have the other side where they forcefully induce suicide. Like good god, playing devil's advocate with this show is just hard on everyone.

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
Nov 18, 2019 10:16 AM
Jun 2017
well, okay then. okay then. gotta process this. o_o
Nov 18, 2019 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHAT IS WHISPERED AT THE END OF THE OPENING? SEVERAL WORDS CAN'T MAKE THEM OUT MYSELF.
Re:formed
Nov 18, 2019 10:28 AM
May 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHAT IS WHISPERED AT THE END OF THE OPENING? SEVERAL WORDS CAN'T MAKE THEM OUT MYSELF.

Fairly confident it's "Try to get the message"
Nov 18, 2019 10:29 AM

May 2016
Just completed the episode. My hands are still trembling and my heart still haven't calmed down.
Is it even possible for a human to be this evil? Is she even a human? I'm having serious doubts about this show being just a detective thriller. Add a supernatural tag coz that's what Ai Magase is, a supernatural entity.
Nov 18, 2019 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Not kuirin and Sekuro in the same episode, no God please no, I'm not strong enough. I've genuinely never wanted to jump through the TV more and do something than this episode in the history of watching entertainment. I'm fucking furious and I don't know what to do. I think his family is next.I can't even think of any other comments other than this is how a villian should be, no redeemable qualities. Still would fuck.

can't wait to pick up the LN today
Marinate1016Nov 18, 2019 10:43 AM
Nov 18, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2019
That was a rather messed up episode. I didn't expect everyone to die just like that.
Nov 18, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
CodeMonkeys said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Fairly confident it's "Try to get the message"

What's that in Japanese?
Nov 18, 2019 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
damn this is slowly climbing up to be one of my fave anime this season. since people were mentioning the poster being a spoiler, it makes me wonder how zen is going to end up

also F to sekuro, nobody deserves to die like that
Nov 18, 2019 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
YOOO THIS IS ANIME OF THE SEASON
Nov 18, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2016
Going from manipulating people to manipulating an axe.

That's almost like split personality. It's not the same kind of murderer.
Nov 18, 2019 11:37 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was fucked up :-[
Nov 18, 2019 11:41 AM
Apr 2016
As prophesied, the character dropped in ways shown on the series poster.

So apparently Magase has been doing it for a long time, "charming" people. These is a series called (don't open if you don't want to get spoiled and have not seen it as inclined by the following description)
. Basically, main villain is doing everything bad we see in the series for one sole reason - because he is insane he can't stop himself. So through intricate, genius crimes he is slowly guiding his childhood friends towards shooting him. In the end, he succeeded - his childhood friend who is also a genius who refused justification of murder, is forced to shoot the mad villain. In doing so, he both proves the mad villain right, and sets him free of his insanity.

This series could go the same route. Unhinge the hero (Seizaki Zen) to bring him down to strip himself of ideals, and murder the villain (Magase Ai). But in doing so, he would save the sane world, the society from her, something she wanted but could not do herself. Now, I hope this does not happen. This is clearly a psychology thriller. Do something borderline-psychology and stop her without giving in.
Nov 18, 2019 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Going from manipulating people to manipulating an axe.

That's almost like split personality. It's not the same kind of murderer.

Is it, she wants to mess with Zen she does everything that achieves her goal.
PornstarAhri said:
damn this is slowly climbing up to be one of my fave anime this season. since people were mentioning the poster being a spoiler, it makes me wonder how zen is going to end up

also F to sekuro, nobody deserves to die like that

I believe Zen would not perish, as such, according to the poster, he might lose his hand, though I want to believe he will do it not because Magase wants him to...
Daniel_NaumovNov 18, 2019 11:45 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2020

442 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM

» People don't recommend watching babylon! Is it too disturbing to watch?

FarshidBG - Mar 2, 2022

17 by Hikool101 »»
Jan 11, 1:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.