Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Grats to the Rebel Team! Well deserved victory for all the effort they put in after all this time. Even Azami knows defeat.

More importantly, it looks like the Elite 10 would have their seats replaced with new members. For this season's finale, it's a fitting one if you ask me. A bit predictable though.
Dec 27, 2019 7:55 AM

Feb 2018
Yukihira Souma and Nakiri Erina win, congrats and also welcome new elite ten member.
SyureriaDec 28, 2019 4:56 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:01 AM
Oct 2019
as a manga reader i will be only watching the final episode cause i'm curious about the original scene (dramatic scene) XD ,

re edit so it turns out nothing

they said dramatic scene original the author liked it and in the end nothing only normal scene not dramatic ?? BRUH

in the end the main villain appeared at the end It shows me clearly they will 100% will adapt the blue arc and WONT change anything in the next final season (season 5)

ithyphallic60Dec 27, 2019 9:47 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
f u r interested in reading the manga then u can start from ch 263 after this final episode
ithyphallic60Dec 27, 2019 8:09 AM
Dec 27, 2019 8:47 AM
May 2018
And the final villain is here...
Dec 27, 2019 9:02 AM
Oct 2019
Kokushibo said:
And the final villain is here...

link to the episode?
Dec 27, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2018
The glorious train wreck, the most hated final arc by both japanese and western people is next, get ready everyone next year will be a blast.
Ri22rkDec 27, 2019 11:26 AM
Dec 27, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
Souma finally became the first seat of the elite ten and Erina became the director. The new elite ten is full of guys who wanna do shokugeki all the time lol except Megumi ofc. Glad to see they are all enjoyong themselves and let's not talk about the guy who just appeared at the end scene.
MegamiRemJan 3, 2020 5:19 AM
Dec 27, 2019 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
Got the aftermatch of the Régiment de Cuisine which included Souma and Erina becoming first seat and headmaster.

Was a really wholesome episode for most parts, I wholeheartedly love the whole cast and it was nice to see their new designs.

And interesting that they worked off the introduction chapters for the new arc within the credits, I guess they wanted to intoduce Asahi as a cliffhanger at any cost. I'm just glad that we got to see "Mama Megumi" <3

Great season all around, not sure if I will be able to say the same for the last one, but if I learned anything through my years of watching anime adaptations then it is that they can sometimes change my perception of the source content for the better. So I'm just gonna hope for the best.

ExodiaX said:
The glorious train wreak, the most hated final arc by both japanese and westen people is next, get ready everyone next year wil be a blast.

Don't be that guy._.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2019 10:01 AM

May 2015
I really like it when shows do an aftermath episode, feels good.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Dec 27, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2018
@FMmatron gotta say this makes perfect final episode, they adapted in that way so people can avoid next season.
Ri22rkDec 27, 2019 10:20 AM
Dec 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
I liked the different hair styles of the characters after the time leap. I liked Nene's long hair and Ryoko's short hair.

Also Nikumi having slightly longer hair as well makes her hotter.

Good way to end the season. Glad Nene has a seat I liked her character a lot.

Now on to season 5!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 2019
I could satisfyingly die after watching this episode but the last 5 seconds left a "bad taste" in my mouth.

Guess I have to wait for another dish...

Aug 2013
Erina being the new director, well I didn't see that coming. Congrats to her and the rest of the rebels in being part of the new Elite Ten.

I like the new designs for the characters.

Mama Megumi was funny. <3

Now I have the urge to continue reading the manga.

Dec 27, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not a manga reader but I know the story goes to sh... downhill from here, so I'll do aside the last 20 second of the episode and think of this as the finale of the series.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 27, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2019
el_morris said:
I'm not a manga reader but I know the story goes to sh... downhill from here, so I'll do aside the last 20 second of the episode and think of this as the finale of the series.

Oh c'mon.. Don't lie to yourself!!
Dec 27, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
At long last, Red Naruto became Hokage.

Dec 27, 2019 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
I expected Tsukasa's change of heart to not be as easy as the one presented here, but well, maybe he needed to be defeated to escape from Azami's influence. Expending more time with Rindo will sure help him.
Congratulations to Souma for finally being the First Seat (though not exactly like he wanted). I'm really happy with the new ranking in general.

They butchered Ryouko's design by cutting her hair. She was so pretty with her long red mane. Made worse by the fact that every other hairtsyle change for the rest of the females shown in the "epilogue" (except for Hisako, maybe) was better than the previous one they had. Definitely my least favorite part of this episode :(

Honestly, the series could have perfectly end here, but I'm glad we are going to get a new season adapting the trainwreck arc, otherwise I would have been disappointed. The last few seconds were a blessing. Cannot wait for it.
IllyricusJan 19, 2020 7:20 AM
Dec 27, 2019 10:59 AM
Nov 2016
A good final episode,maybe a little predictable but as a Food Wars fan, I really enjoyed it, even if the animation was poorly done.Now let's get ready for one of the worst arcs in anime history.
Dec 27, 2019 11:04 AM
Oct 2016
the school must have an infinite budget to allow for all these trips around the world
Dec 27, 2019 11:06 AM
Nov 2016
FierceVinegar said:
the school must have an infinite budget to allow for all these trips around the world

Yeah, I also thought that.
Dec 27, 2019 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
It just amazes me how good this would have been as the finale. Even if I didn't really like the arc as a whole, this as the ending would have been perfect (then maybe add a little epilogue and we're good to go). But instead, there's one more arc after this that will be absolutely terrible. Also, did they really "adapt" the arc that precedes the final one, where Megumi and Souma encounter that mysterious chef, in the span of like 30 seconds? Lol xD well I guess that will allow them to devote the entire final season to the last arc.

Anyway, this episode served as a great finale, it was nice to see the new Elite 10 along with what everyone else is up to (like the 3rd years who have now graduated). Now to wait for what should be a comically terrible final season.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2019 11:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While Erina and Soma managed to crush Azami's ambitions on the field it was Joichiro who managed to strike the final blow in shattering his twisted aims. Which was fitting as it was the misguided belief that Azami had of his departure that caused him to take his path. Still in the end its nice that the rebel alliance managed to win an impressive victory. If anything though Erina will be the perfect director given her personality and talent. Still first seat and director huh quite the promotion that they received. Its nice that we got to see how the seniors of the E10 fared after graduation. The new elite 10 though sure had quite the interesting composition. Being a part of the E10 sure has enabled Megumi to improve substantially both as a cook and as a person. An excellent end to this arc while also laying the foundations for the next season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2019 11:23 AM

Nov 2019
10/10 episode!!!!! :)
Soma finally got first seat! I'm proud this could've been the perfect ending for the series but I heard we are getting another season and all I have to say to that is... It better be amazing!
Overall this season was pretty nice 8.5/10 <3
Dec 27, 2019 11:54 AM
Dec 2019
well,, for s5. i just dont understand japan culture maybe, the way that when someone had harrasement why the close people still silent, NTR case i mean.
and so, the last arc adding more genre for sure.
Incest,ntr,drama,super power,pshicological,detective,underground,mistery, blablablabla *hahaha spoiler man.
Dec 27, 2019 12:03 PM
Jul 2019
well, that ends the Central's arc, on to the next arc......
Dec 27, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2014
Awesome ending.
I will watch next season but I hope it'll be better than what people are saying.. lol

Dec 27, 2019 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Well well, Erina becoming the new director was something obvious happening, that I yet didn't see coming.

I love to see that the former Elite 10 graduates all followed their dreams! Rindo and Tsukasa sure make a nice couple!

I am quite satisfied with this ending, I mean I think everyone who's in the new Elite Ten deserves their spot, except one.. why is Megumi only the 10th seat? Personally I think she deserved a higher seat (I am not biased I swear)...

Why did this sudden desire of wanting to see more Mama Megumi pop into my head?!

Didn't think I would ever see the day of Erina smiling like that. Great development of her character!

Overall I really liked this season, great teamwork. Proper ending, until that mysterious guy shows up at the end, not sure I am ready for that yet.

9/10 a very biased score!
Dec 27, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2017
They adapted half of the hot spring arc in almost one minute, that's funny.

Dec 27, 2019 12:31 PM

May 2019
Sugoi desu ne they even included some animation in their slide show this week. Predictable ending of a predictable tournament arc, hopefully the next season isn't as bad as this one...
Dec 27, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a pretty nice ending. If there's one thing I'm not a fan of, it's Erina becoming the director, I think it would have been better to give the first seat to her and the second to Soma but oh well. I loved the timeskip, so many new hairstyles and it was great to have Soma and Erina's bickering until the end

Overall, despite its flaws I had fun with this season, I mean, it is SnS after all. Now, speaking of its flaws, I feel it was too repetitive and definitely the lack of animation didn't help make it less monotonous. A good adaptation would have put some extra touches to help improve the source but sadly that wasn't the case here. Then you have the bouts being too predictable (although it was great that the final bout was a 2vs2) and how ridiculous the power levels became with everyone making perfect dishes.

I'm very curious as to how the story will continue and how the author ruined it. After all, they have barely entered their second year and there are so many possibilities of how the story can continue.
Dec 27, 2019 12:34 PM
Mar 2019
Really wholesome episode.

They got me with all the Megumi scenes, shoot why doyou have to be so awesome!?

The time skip was really cool to! Loved to see those interactions.

Now, i know next season will be a trainwreck, but they already have me bought so i guess i'll see (some of) you next season!
Dec 27, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2019
It was a good episode as a person who loved all the previous seasons of Food Wars.

I still liked this season, but compared to the other seasons, this is my least liked season.

9/10, I'm being generous.

I'm aware of what the next season will be like.
Dec 27, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2018
Nice closing with the Rebels grabbing the win. Kinda predictable but it ended nicely seeing where each student is at after months have passed. I really like the part with Megumi tho, it was nice. The picture at Shino's and the armband represented a lot and Shinomiya was happy for them.
Dec 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
The worst thing that could happen is going to happen, another Season of this anime, and the splendid best character in the manga has already appeared.

This season was enjoyable and entretaining ngl, but it wasn't as great as the first nor the second seasons, there wasn't any animation, just static pictures and the battles aren't interesting anymore when you already know that in the battle the first that shows the dish is going to lose. The character develop was great but the "animation" didn't help it at all, also the superpower of Nakiri was just dumb, I get that it was for comedy??? It was just dumb. 5/10 for the characters and music.
AlvaritoterreosDec 27, 2019 1:03 PM
Dec 27, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
Welp that ends what I'm assuming is the last actual good part of Food Wars before all hell breaks loose. Tbh the first bit was ok, it was really only the last 3 eps that boosted it.

Deciding between giving it a naked Azami turns me on/10 or a Erina totally wants the dick/10, will probably go with the former since it could be the last enjoyable Food Wars

Bring on the shit
Dec 27, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, almost felt like a really nice wholesome finale.

It was great to see the entire cast with their new designs, though why did you cut your beautiful hair Ryouko? :(
Erina's bangs are a little different and longer and for whatever reason they make her look so similar yet different at the same time. It took me quite a while to nail down what exactly changed. XD

Was cool to see little montages of the new Elite 10.

So the next arc is the last one? I've heard so many horror stories about it and people above are already mentioning it but I'll try to go in with an open mind next year.
Dec 27, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
A cute guy introduction in the end? I'm looking forward to the next season but can't say I have heard much praises of it lol
Dec 27, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2015
Short_Circut said:
Welp that ends what I'm assuming is the last actual good part of Food Wars before all hell breaks loose. Tbh the first bit was ok, it was really only the last 3 eps that boosted it.

Deciding between giving it a naked Azami turns me on/10 or a Erina totally wants the dick/10, will probably go with the former since it could be the last enjoyable Food Wars

Bring on the shit
Are you kidding? Erina totally wants Hisako, and I totally ship it!
Dec 27, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2016
It got real fast at the end of the episode just so they could show that new character. Honestly ending it here is good enough, no need to go to the next season and ruin everything.
Dec 27, 2019 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
So I can safely consider this the final episode of the show right ? Dropping the show here seems like the most optimal choice.
Dec 27, 2019 2:30 PM
Jan 2016
Wonderfull episode to finish this arc honestly!

Didn't expect Erina to be the next director, really didn't see that coming!

Was really awesome how they introduced us the new elite ten, and to see what the new elite ten are doing now and also some with new styles, and also what the graduated third years are doing!

I am really satisfied for that Elite ten!

Souma and Erina relationship are funny and awesome right now!

Overall it was an awesome final for this season, and i have no words for describe this masterpiece, i love this and all characters from this show!

Solid 10/10 for me!

Seems it ended with a little cliffhanger, i am curious to see who is that person that we saw at end, and also affraid of it!
Dec 27, 2019 2:54 PM
Apr 2012
After checking it out on wikipedia it looks like they will skip 3 arcs which sounds interesting... Feels bad man.
Dec 27, 2019 2:54 PM
Nov 2019
Nice episode to finish this arc! New Elite 10 and a little time skip.
Look like what will happen next will be not fun, I heard bad thing about and for what people said here. I will give it a try, and I’m curious about who will voice this new character, I wish we can heard him but look like they didn’t cast someone yet or prefer to keep it until next season.
Dec 27, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
anime only keep hearing how bad this final arc is despite that i was like maybe they just kept going with it to tie up loose ends and it didn't turn out as good, but this final felt like it wrapped everything up nicely sure there isn't a time skip of them done their high school years but that's fine

so even with my soft spot for Soma i might check it out but i would've been fine with it ending here and maybe a OVA or something but a whole another season that is so bad everyone writes it off as not existing is saddening.

Still i look back fondly on Soma over the years those first 2 seasons were peak Soma and it still had good moments but it sure lost it steam as it went on and people are pretty brutal on JC compared to the godly manga art their overusage of stills and just not great quality ends up for not a great looking end product but it didn't bother me all that much.

8/10 for the series gonna look at the manga for the high tier art!

also Erina with Hisako would be the hypest shit ever let it be real
Dec 27, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2017
I still loved the Regimental Shokugeki arc, so i still really enjoyed this season. But while i gave a 10/10 to all the previous seasons, this one will get a 9/10 from me.

But... as a manga reader, this is as long as this show goes. Next season you will witness one of the worst seasons ever created (big statement i know, but that's just how i really feel). My 10 will drop to a 5 or 4, depending on my mood while watching the next season.
Dec 27, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad to see this part being animated. Good season finale episode.

8/10

Dec 27, 2019 5:56 PM

Jul 2017
It's a decent ending to this show, because everyone knows this is the final season, right?
Dec 27, 2019 6:16 PM
Mar 2015
So they won and took over the elite 10 and ousted central Incoming is one of the worst last arcs
Dec 27, 2019 6:33 PM

Jan 2018
Oh no, he's here!

Aside from that, this was a really good final episode. I really like seeing aftermaths, so I'm glad they showed their new life before ending the season.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

68 by aod-kun »»
Nov 2, 2023 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.