Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 14, 2019 9:52 AM
Oct 2015
Good episode, it was so heartwarming to see Asuna's and Kiritos seeing each other. And of course, here`s our harem again lol, but it is nice to see that Asuna and Alice get along and before I hated Alice (i don`t know the reason actually) but in this episode, I started to get a better feeling of her. Waiting for the next episode!!!
Dec 14, 2019 9:52 AM
May 2017
Yessss......This is why i watched SAO in the first place. Not for the story or fight, but HAREM WARS BABY!!!!
Dec 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2016
smh when will Kirito wake up and hug Asuna.

All the best people are crazy!
Dec 14, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2019
Oh no. There you go with the harem. Classic Sao. I'm so used to seeing some great, flashy fights in every Sao episode that this was kinda a let down and filler-like. 😂

Ok, now let's be serious. The first half of the episode was a heartwarming part. The second was kinda boring with all the info dump and the harem shit. Come on Sao, I'd love a love triangle over a harem any day. But I'll take it this time. Sao has impressed me a lot this season. We need to go back to plot next time.
Biswa_29Dec 14, 2019 10:20 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
Whenever I see that white sword, makes wish Eugeo was still in the series!

I hope I will get to see Alice in the real world, because next week is obviously going to be an all out war. While the twelve episode might be an epilogue of some sort, but maybe they'll squeeze it in.

I'm really how this whole series will end, especially for Alice's existence.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 14, 2019 10:12 AM

May 2018
How much time does Eugeo spent with Kirito? Is it longer than Asuna?
Dec 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2010

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterDec 16, 2019 7:05 AM
Dec 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
Gorochu said:

they spent around 2 years in Academy together so no Asuna beats him too (live everyone else)

Ah the final battle Shiny Gold-Tsundere vs White Godly-Tsundere
well that's just my opinion.....

Jun 2014
Good episode. Lots of information. So there's a mole in Rath. Too bad Asuna can't use that useful power more. So they need to win the war before Asuna can take Alice to real world. Asuna's Stacia outfit looks so pretty. <3 But her hair is too long, like when she was Titania.

Asuna and Kirito meeting was so heartwarming. Poor Kirito, it's hard seeing him like this, that he can't even hug her. I can't wait for him to wake up so they can be reunited after more than 2 years (from his POV).

Alice and Asuna fighting over Kirito was annoying. Especially since Alice knows nothing about Kirito because she knew him for ONE DAY. Ok, so she cared for 6 months about him, but she was like his mom LOL. She still knows nothing about him and has no right claiming him as hers.

The girls trading information on Kirito at the end, that was also annoying. We saw nothing about Ronie and Kirito's senpai/sensei being romantically interested in Kirito, so what is this forced harem? And from all these girls Alice has known him the least, so she should STFU and GTFO.

Only 2 more episodes! T____T And then the long wait. Hope it won't be too long.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o

Feb 2013
Gorochu said:

In the underworld Kirito grew up with Eugeo and Alice but he doesn't remember it. He only remembers the time that he goes there after getting injuried, so he was together with Eugeo for 2 years while with Alice he was one or two days before being on coma for 6 months with alice, so only her remember this part. Asuna is now 3 and half years with Kirito.
Dec 14, 2019 10:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Even when basically being in a coma he manages to get increasingly popular

Sasuga
Dec 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
Kirito's harem went from 0 to 100 really quickly

Even in a vegetable state, he gets all the girls. Good job, braindead guy.

Dec 14, 2019 10:46 AM

Feb 2014
Well the actions of last episode turned out to be a melodrama this episode. Made it seem like the war never started. Though the interactions between Asuna and others was worth it.
Also are we gonna get a flashback now or is it moving on to the next step?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 14, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2018
so basically the whole episode was girls fighting over trash?
Dec 14, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Superns18 said:
Alice Stans, we here: https://imgur.com/a/QQVh58d

It’s here. Finally. I’ve waited YEARS to see most of the scenes in this episode animated and was not disappointed at all. What an episode, seeing Alice and Asuna duke it out, the two getting jealous, everyone coming forward with their feelings about Kirito, phew. A-1 have spared no expense this season and have reached unlimited budget works level of sexiness.
Begs the question, what does it take to push it over an 8 on MAL? The number of 5 and below reviews are shocking. If you don't like SAO at this point, you never will, just give up the hating, lol.

What a week for SAO. Kirito tops top male characters of the decade list from NewType, volume 23 drops, SAO it’s top of AnimeTrending list, whew. The hate circle-jerk against SAO seems to be dying or at least getting pushback.

Alicization is exploding.

Accept that there are other opinions. Again, if some people don't like SAO, they can still watch and rate it. Objectively speaking, SAO is not a good series compared to others. By the way, criticism is not a hate.
Dec 14, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2019
Darikan said:
Superns18 said:
Alice Stans, we here: https://imgur.com/a/QQVh58d

It’s here. Finally. I’ve waited YEARS to see most of the scenes in this episode animated and was not disappointed at all. What an episode, seeing Alice and Asuna duke it out, the two getting jealous, everyone coming forward with their feelings about Kirito, phew. A-1 have spared no expense this season and have reached unlimited budget works level of sexiness.
Begs the question, what does it take to push it over an 8 on MAL? The number of 5 and below reviews are shocking. If you don't like SAO at this point, you never will, just give up the hating, lol.

What a week for SAO. Kirito tops top male characters of the decade list from NewType, volume 23 drops, SAO it’s top of AnimeTrending list, whew. The hate circle-jerk against SAO seems to be dying or at least getting pushback.

Alicization is exploding.

Accept that there are other opinions. Again, if some people don't like SAO, they can still watch and rate it. Objectively speaking, SAO is not a good series compared to others. By the way, criticism is not a hate.

What and who defines what's objectively good or not? It's only your preferences that brings you to say that. You think it's not good, it's not objective, it's your opinion. When you can give an objedtive measure of what is good or what is not good, then you can say you're objective for real.
In that case, we talk about an enterteining product, so how can we find the objectivity? Our opinion are based on our experience with a series which came from how much we can enjoy the show, everything here seems to me subjective.
Dec 14, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
YES, the one thing that was hyped for this season has finally happened. Asuna and Alice meeting each other and boy was I not disappointed. As expected Alice would go in the attack as she swore to protect Kirito. Alice's jealousy was so cute.

I am honestly surprised how honest Asuna is about coming from the real world, maybe cause now there's too much at stake as to when Kirito joined the Underworld.

So, the Underworld Harem is also a thing now, 4 girls going to be talking about Kirito. I better hope that gets animated or atleast part of it.
Dec 14, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Famegher said:
Darikan said:

What and who defines what's objectively good or not? It's only your preferences that brings you to say that. You think it's not good, it's not objective, it's your opinion. When you can give an objedtive measure of what is good or what is not good, then you can say you're objective for real.
In that case, we talk about an enterteining product, so how can we find the objectivity? Our opinion are based on our experience with a series which came from how much we can enjoy the show, everything here seems to me subjective.

An approximation for a definition would be FMA, Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Monster ect. You could use that as a guideline. That's why I wrote "Compare to others". Important point: A harem in a series just makes it worse because it leads to a Mary Sue.
Dec 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2019
Darikan said:
Famegher said:

An approximation for a definition would be FMA, Death Note, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Monster ect. You could use that as a guideline. That's why I wrote "Compare to others". Important point: A harem in a series just makes it worse because it leads to a Mary Sue.

Your important point is important for you, for me is a very stupid point.
You use the word 'approximation' that destroy any objectivity you was trying to define.
An objective thing isn't an apporximation and isn't such a personal thing like an enumeration of casual series you like.
Dec 14, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode!
I missed Asuna so much *.* I can't wait to see the next episode!
Dec 14, 2019 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
Man, that sword fight sounded like someone smacking together two metal pipes. Please Japan, please, get some good sound engineers. That aside, I love the glorious "Kirito's a vegetable but still has a harem" meme. It's so damn funny. I respect the commitment to keeping Kiriito all frozen, but this harem cat fighting, my god... it's a little too "SAO" for me and kinda cringey. Though I doubt it'd not be here even if he wasn't a veggie.

That code 871 and unlocked evil account stuff really needs some good explaining and justifications sooner or later cuz as of right now it seems too convenient. Those kinds of things would be really hard to miss for any development team. It'd especially be pretty hard to miss someone sabotaging things like that. Other than that, this is again pretty solid, all things considered.
Dec 14, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2018
Oh yes, cringe and childish "fight" for Kirito's D

Missed it so much

Aside from that it was a good episode though
-Aincrad-Dec 14, 2019 12:09 PM
Dec 14, 2019 12:31 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I kinda expected this to happen someday...a destined meeting between Asuna and Alice in-game. It was just a matter of time. Sure didn't take long for them to cross swords against each other either.

-Aincrad- said:

Missed it so much

I think this is the point where Kirito should be thankful that there is a system that allows him to create "digital clones" of himself. If I was in Kirito's situation, and if my digital clones are able to understand that the anger of Waifu is worse than Self-Destruction, I think having "digital clones" satisfy each Waifu would be a good idea at this point; with the exception of Asuna, the rest of this Episode's Waifu are "digital"

On the side note, Asuna is right, the REAL WORLD is ugly beyond description
Dec 14, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2019
Judging from som comments I was expecting more scene with Asuna and Alice but it wasn't like that.
It's an interesting episode, I'm very curious of which kind of episode we'll have next week!!
Dec 14, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 2017
Asuna is worst girl confirmed. Her only purpose is to make girls flock more over to Kirito and become jealous. Cringed when they all started trying to say how much time they spent with him, lol.

Please, take her back to the real world. This series is much better without her.
Dec 14, 2019 12:37 PM
Dec 2010
what i borring episode. waste of time. asuna have a goddess account but ... basta hirap mag explain
Dec 14, 2019 12:41 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Kirito's harem in Underworld have a gathering like in ALO.

It's OK, but one of them, Liena, came of nowhere after disappeared for 2 cours is kinda disturbing.
Dec 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
By the way, Asuna is amazing with this design. I'm really excited to see her in Underworl! I can't wait to see next episode!
Dec 14, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
Even when Kirito is a potato, he can still make a harem.
Dec 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
Good ol' waifu wars, that smug Alice wanting to one up Asuna was really great.
Dec 14, 2019 1:39 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Asuna and Kirito reunion was heartwarming, and really wonderfull!

Asuna and Alice fighting because Kirito was funny!

So they want to change information about Kirito, even Ronie and Liene joined to that pijama party, poor Asuna, everyone wants her Kirito xD

Dec 14, 2019 1:48 PM
Mar 2014
Good episode, but slower phase than I expected.
It turned from something cool, to a girls night out thing... mhmmmm...

I was looking forward to some world splitting action, and kick ass fight to continue on the previous episode.

Or at least for Kirito to wake up after seeing Asuna, but none of that happened.

Oh well... lets see what the next episode brings.
Dec 14, 2019 2:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
biswa290701 said:
Oh no. There you go with the harem. Classic Sao. I'm so used to seeing some great, flashy fights in every Sao episode that this was kinda a let down and filler-like. 😂

Ok, now let's be serious. The first half of the episode was a heartwarming part. The second was kinda boring with all the info dump and the harem shit. Come on Sao, I'd love a love triangle over a harem any day. But I'll take it this time. Sao has impressed me a lot this season. We need to go back to plot next time.

I feel the same way as you do. Classic SAO. They have good premises, killer animation but then they go and do weird unnecessary stuff that makes you facepalm. You have a perfectly good triangle with two awesome female characters and then you have to shoehorn a fecking triangle into it. I hate these little SAO "let us girls sit down and rave about Kirito" group sessions.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 14, 2019 2:25 PM
Mar 2018
This episode didn't have the "action" I would have wanted. But this one had other different things that I liked.
The meeting between Kirito and Asuna... and Kirito actually felt her. <3
And if I remember correctly they used a soundtrack from the first season, it was a great addition.
I also liked how Asuna revealed the truth of the worlds, avoiding lying to them and telling them that she was a "human" like them.
Jo_GhostDec 14, 2019 4:17 PM
Dec 14, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2017
So the true fight of SAO Alicization will start now, an all-out battle royal for the Kirito's dick and 3.6L of "crème de Kirito"

Worst episode so far, it give basically the same feeling as SAO S1. I was hoping that they will end the trashy harem parts in Alicization...
Dec 14, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2018
Woah! Alice goes really on rampage if her closeness with Kirito is taunted... I really would like to not see her flock like the others tho
Dec 14, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2017
That girl talk at the end... i hope it's not a set-up for another recap episode next week.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, given that Asuna will take Alice to the real world, would Alice have a human form or be inside a USB storage once she reaches the real world ????

Human form would require an actual body - unless they get some braindead donor and manage to shove her in, it won't happen.
It'll probably be either something like Yui, or just static USB storage at first. Then, when a suitable robot is ready, she'll become the Terminator, lol.
Dec 14, 2019 3:30 PM

Feb 2018
Give back my boyfriend xD...
Dec 14, 2019 4:13 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode, it’s very good to see Asuna in Underworld. The scene with Kirito and Asuna was wonderful.
Dec 14, 2019 4:22 PM
Jan 2017
Very good and self-explanatory ep, no fights, only monologues and explanations about the situations.

The scene of girls in front of tent is very cute, Alicization is after Aincrad arc the best season to me today.
Dec 14, 2019 4:55 PM
Nov 2016
My goodness Asuna showing up and just making that impression and them two love birds getting back together. My heart is very happy and the visuals and direction in how the explanation in what they needed to do between two worlds was wonderfully well done and of course the final three minutes was so goddamn adorable. Sweet blessing time. Even in a time of war there has to be some beauty.
Dec 14, 2019 5:12 PM

Jan 2019
oh for next episode we getting all girls talking about past edgy kirito huh? well ok then.
Dec 14, 2019 5:24 PM
Jun 2017
I am so hyped for this one a week ago since asuna (or stacia) appeared on episode 9 and i LOVE WHAT I HAVE WATCHED!!! That Alice vs Asuna fight over kirito... 😂😂😂😂😂 especially that part where they are saying their moments with kirito... 😂😂😂 its like having 2 girls who are having a crush on guy are battling it out who is better... 😂😂😂

And ronie added too in the said conversation. HAREM MODE FOR KIRITO... YEAH
Dec 14, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2010
kuroneko99 @ep3 said:
So the main story has started in this episode after the two introductory episodes. The logic that connects the virtual/game system and real world seems smooth and persuasive. Although AI weapons today would be only targeting systems using shape recognition, the Soul Translation Technology enables machines to have ego/self-images like human. STS works as a self-image incubator with accelerated time.

Although the audience understand the importance of STS like this, why Alice, only a sample of synthetic individual, is so important wasn't explained reasonably in this episode, I think. It may come from that I had been watching SAO:Alicization series as a battle entertainment avoiding to hear bothersome explanation to date.
In this episode, a certain extent of my question was solved. But it's not persuasive enough to seek Alice so badly. Although they need a highly developed autonomic software for AI weapons, it's too much for AI weapons to have (such a strong) will.
kuroneko99Dec 15, 2019 4:35 AM
Dec 14, 2019 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
Let's all be honest that ending would get an entire audience laughing hard. Heck I be laughing hard on it too. XD
Dec 14, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
Farabeuf said:
biswa290701 said:

I feel the same way as you do. Classic SAO. They have good premises, killer animation but then they go and do weird unnecessary stuff that makes you facepalm. You have a perfectly good triangle with two awesome female characters and then you have to shoehorn a fecking triangle into it. I hate these little SAO "let us girls sit down and rave about Kirito" group sessions.

There's no "freaking triangle". Alice and Asuna are the only ones relevant characters. Those 4 characters weren't there because they love him, Ronye was there because she was his kouhai and Liena because she's his senpai, along Alice who he knew there. Those were the three people along Eugeo who's dead that Kirito mostly connected in the underworld and it was to show their connection with him. That's the literal intention of the scene but amazingly, most people can't interpret this and just throw terms like harem here and there. Which I'll repeat, none of those characters outside of Asuna and Alice have romantic feelings for Kirito.

greed2 said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I kinda expected this to happen someday...a destined meeting between Asuna and Alice in-game. It was just a matter of time. Sure didn't take long for them to cross swords against each other either.

-Aincrad- said:

Missed it so much

I think this is the point where Kirito should be thankful that there is a system that allows him to create "digital clones" of himself. If I was in Kirito's situation, and if my digital clones are able to understand that the anger of Waifu is worse than Self-Destruction, I think having "digital clones" satisfy each Waifu would be a good idea at this point; with the exception of Asuna, the rest of this Episode's Waifu are "digital"

On the side note, Asuna is right, the REAL WORLD is ugly beyond description

Every Kirito would love Asuna
Dec 14, 2019 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
KhayalCorp88 said:
Kirito's harem in Underworld have a gathering like in ALO.

It's OK, but one of them, Liena, came of nowhere after disappeared for 2 cours is kinda disturbing.

She didn't came out of nowhere. She appeared episodes ago in the reunion of the war.

BlakexEkalb said:
Asuna is worst girl confirmed. Her only purpose is to make girls flock more over to Kirito and become jealous. Cringed when they all started trying to say how much time they spent with him, lol.

Please, take her back to the real world. This series is much better without her.

Asuna is one of the best characters along Alice and she's here to stay, even more when Unital Ring arc happens in the anime in a decade or more. If you can't handle a minimal banter and comedic scene to the point of dislike, it's time to watch some other things. 3 seasons of this anime and there's still people like you and others who insist on watching a thing they hate, it's certainly amazing.
Dec 14, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2019
The quarrel between Alice and Asuna would have been better if this kiss had happened

Dec 14, 2019 6:14 PM
Feb 2017
Nemesis16 said:

Asuna is one of the best characters along Alice and she's here to stay, even more when Unital Ring arc happens in the anime in a decade or more. If you can't handle a minimal banter and comedic scene to the point of dislike, it's time to watch some other things. 3 seasons of this anime and there's still people like you and others who insist on watching a thing they hate, it's certainly amazing.

I don't hate the show, I just don't like Asuna. She isn't as terrible as Kirito's harem (which are actually just complete trash), but I still don't like her as a character. Call me a hater, I have S1 and S2 a 7 and Alicization an 8.
Dec 14, 2019 6:23 PM

May 2018
But in Kirito's eye,we all know Eugeo>all his other harem.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.