Forum Settings
Forums

what are the top 3 most dissapointing 2019 anime you watched this year?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 14, 2019 3:15 AM

Apr 2016
Psycho Pass 3

Carole and Tuesday

Kanata no Astra

Dec 14, 2019 3:48 AM

Nov 2019
One punch man season 2- Should have known it wouldn't be epic cuz of the studio change. But still a let down.

Assassin's pride- I really liked the trailer and synopsis. But turned out to be a generic magic fantasy.

Arifureta- Again I did the mistake of expecting good from an isekai. But I really liked the synopsis.

To counter these let downs we had unexpected surprises as well:

Sao alicization: War of underworld- The previous season was good but I never expected such greatness from Sao.

Snk season 3 part 2- Again similar. Never expected such greatness from snk even though the previous season was good.

Cautious hero- Finally! A good humerous isekai!
Biswa_29Dec 14, 2019 4:26 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 14, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
3. Mahou Shoujo Ops Asuka

Magical Girls as Soliders... That's awesome, problem is that the concept only thing that's interesting. The story and characters are just boring. Kinda expected better

2. Okaasan Online

Wanted a series that involved the daughter and son be isekai'd to increase their bonds together. But what do I get instead. A fetishized mother and bratty son. And a pointless other characters that ammounts to nothing. Dropped it the 2nd episode when they showed the true colors of the show

1. Arifureta

Like that wasn't obvious enough. For my favorite LN. They not only butchred the LN to fuck but they barely had any budget for anything. Kinda gave up on it when the whole 1st half of the 1st volume up to the abyss. Fuck this anime and everything it stand for and Fuck the new staff team for your incompetence.

Dec 14, 2019 5:57 AM
May 2018
1. One Punch Man S2 ( the animation was below par and as a manga reader it disappointed me.)

2. Arifureta ( I read the manga and was hyped for it. An instant disappointment; bad adaptation,untrue to the LN/manga,bad CGI. Possible 'Guilty Pleasure of the Year' ruined in 20 mins )

3. Danmachi S2 ( Just couldn't live the expectation, was a chore; a boring and annoying one )

Dishonorable mention : SAO Alicization (2nd cour) - worst seasonal anime of the year that I've completed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2019 6:30 AM

Sep 2017
Thankfully I wasn't REALLY disappointed by any anime this year since I went more or less in blind way so I didn't have any expectations
However I had a few small disappointments :

1. Blade of the Immortal
The setting was interesting and so could have been the story. But it feels so, sooo rushed. New characters popping out of nowhere, new storylines the anime assumes we already know...
It's a shame, because I can't get too much attached to the 2 main characters because of this

2. Gunjou no Magmell
At first I thought it was an anime like Made in Abyss
Oh boy I was wrong. Yep, a whole new and mysterious continent has been discovered. But...that's all.
Uninteresting characters, bad animation, bad story, this anime is a mess

3. Dororo
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this anime
But the thing is, I LOVED the first court. It's a 10/10 for me and one of my favourite 2019 anime. But then, the 2nd cour attacked.
The first 2 episodes were kinda boring and the story lacked in depth, especially compared to the previous ones. Same goes for the characters interactions. Then, the infamous episode 15. And after all, an average episode 16. The show almost redeemed itself with some good/great episodes from the 17th, but it wasn't enough. Plus, the ending, despite being emotionnal, felt kinda rushed and once again lacked in terms of characters development.
Plus the 2nd opening was a huge let down.

(dis)honorable mentions :
UchiMusume : Started as an interesting SOL and a fantasy version of Usagi Drop. Ended as an average anime with a plain boring story and meh characters (Dale is frankly forgettable and Latina was way too mature for her age to trigger that "aw she's adorable" when you see her.

No Guns Life : Once again, interesting noir setting but I just couldn't care that much about the characters. It's still a good anime though

Oresuki : Started as an anti-harem with an interesting MC. But the last episodes totally fell in the classical harem genre. It's still funny and the characters are somehow likeable, but it's still a disappointment. If the MC would have continued to be an absolute jerk and wanted to get all the girls to join his harem by manipulating everyone, yeah that would have been really fun

Hataage Kemono Michi : Some nice humour and characters (Carmilla best girl) but the story is...nowhere to be found, and the MC is completely bland, uninteresting and sometimes creepy (and not in a good way)

Fire Force : Not such a big disappointment, but it feels way too generic for me. Useless fanservice, classical edgy team of villains, sometimes an out of place childish humour. The beginning of the story was interesting, but it just ended in a generic good guys vs bad guys fight. The anime was a bit more interesting for a few episodes however (let's say the 15s-20) and I really like the animation
Dec 14, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2019
Fire Force - Looked so cool at first, but the pacing or direction or something is just... off, and the fanservice is terribly timed.

Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo - I thought I was watching a bawdy coming-of-age comedy, but it turned into a try-hard edgy drama about pint-sized assholes.

Carole & Tuesday and Mix - These are a tie for third for being just fine. I expected good things from the people involved but just got a glass of room temperature water.
Dec 14, 2019 10:53 AM
Jan 2019
1. Arifureta

2. Isekai cheat Magician

3. Assassins Pride.
Dec 14, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2016
Fairy gone
Kakegurui xx
Kimetsu no yaiba
[ to win, sometimes
you have to know
how to lose. ]

• Anilist •
• Tumblr •
• Instagram •
• Twitter •

Dec 14, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
1. OPM S2 (look how they massacred my boy)
2. Enen no Shouboutai
3. No Guns Life

(i have never been so bored in my life while watching a show)
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Dec 14, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
-shield hero
-dororo
-opm2

those 3 were quite painful to watch
Dec 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
Noukin

thought it would be Endro 2.0, instead it was a dumpster fire.

Uchi no Ko

it could have been good but it just wasn't. Crutched Latina all the way to the finish line, she was the only reason to keep watching.

Majimoji Rurumo OVA

awful forced conclusion to the series.
Dec 14, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2019
- One Punch Man s2 for obvious reasons.
- Arifureta was kinda fun to watch for me and I actually like the MC a lot, but it could have been so much better. Wasted potential.
- Fire Force. Same, wasted potential in my opinion. It's fun to watch but the direction and the pacing are very bad at times.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Dec 14, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
1) Food Wars s4. The pacing is so rushed and this one arc seems to be going on for eternal.

2) Psycho Pass 3. Even worse than s2, actually it makes s2 look good. It has become a whole mess. The new cast sucks. The only scenes I enjoyed were where the old cast appeared.

3) Fire Force. I really liked the idea of this show but then it turns out to be generic with fanservice here and there.
Dec 14, 2019 1:25 PM

Sep 2008
Index s3.
it was still airing this year so I'll count it as the biggest anime disappointment that I ever had the displeasure watching. It was downright insulting. DISGUSTING how badly they mishandled it. Nothing will ever top this disgrace.
26 episodes for a story that required 48. it was so badly compressed it was impossible to enjoy. they were just hitting key events and rushed through everything. And yet somehow the director thought it was a good idea to spend the 1st ep on some anime original filler. They admittedly downplayed specific events to make others look more important. The art and animation was garbage all throughout, and they didn't fix a single thing for the blurays.
They toned the violence down of course, rewrote Accel and Touma's fight into an impossible box match. They took everything in the book literally, making things look dumb. In the end novel readers felt the staff took a dump on the source material, and anime watchers without any knowledge about the novels were left confused as hell. ALL of this happened after SEVEN whole years of anticipation, and two whole seasons of nothing but buildup for s3. It's a crying shame how badly they butchered one of my favorite series.

shield hero.
The problem with this one is that they rewrote every key event in the manga/novel to fit the director's taste. let's go through all of them.
key event1: Naofumi defeated, they undo Raph's seal. He's so violently mad that he shuts the world out and can't hear or see a thing happening. He unlocks the shield of rage.
anime: Naofumi is so sad he's imagining Raphtalia leaving, and in his great sadness he... unlocks the shield of rage??? absolute nonsense.
key event2: Naofumi orders the queen to execute the king and the princess for everything they've done to him. The queen agrees but stops the event later.
anime: the queen without any outside influence decides all by herself to execute the princess and her husband, and naofumi stops the event. what? why?
key event3: Raphtalia hell bent on killing her old sadistic owner she overpowers him, and realizes he's weak and pathetic.
anime: Raphtalia tells her old owner she's above killing him. WHY? so he can go and torture others as he pleases?
honorable mentions: Somehow Raphtalia's deceased friend was in love with the shield hero now, instead of her, when it was her family telling tales of the righteous shield hero to her.
Firo shoved into every frame possible with more Firo. She's too genki for this show to have this much spotlight.
They shortened the time Naofumi spent with Raphtalia before Firo hatched and skipped about 1-2 eps worth of tanuki.
overall I can't see this show as an adaptation of the source material. it was fanfiction.

psycho pass s3
After the dumpster fire that was s2, I thought they learned their lesson. What they learned is that they can't write a story to save their lives without Urobuchi, so they've given up entirely and just went for the fujo bucks. They're not even doing detective work anymore, the guy can just have a flashback of the crime, then they work with assumptions without any evidence to back up their theories.
I havn't finished the series yet because it's incredibly boring, with not a single sympathetic character. The action scenes suck with the shaky camera, and there's not enough people getting dominator'd. I'm so not looking forward the cliffhanger ending and 3 years of waiting for the movie to finish this stupid, boring product.
nyugvo6Dec 14, 2019 1:53 PM
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2018
Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga - I fucked with this show so highly but the last episodes were meh. Still alright but I was disappointed.

DanMachi 2nd Season - I didn't really care much for it but I liked the first few episodes but after that it went downhill really fast. Extremely average.

Kanata no Astra - I saw a good amount of positive feedback for it but for me, as the episodes went on and on, I started to dislike it more and more. Last episode was perfect but one episode cannot fix the rest.
Dec 14, 2019 2:13 PM

Jul 2019
Arifureta
Seven Deadly Sins
Isekai Cheat Magician

Also MILFsekai
Dec 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Aug 2016
1) Mob psycho s2: Weak compared to how good the 1st season was.
2) Arabaru Kisetsu. Started good (even with that "unlocked door" crap at the beginning), but turned awful during the second half.
3) OPM S2: yeah, you know why

Honorable mention: MHA s4, since it hasnt finished, but so far its the worst arc.
MichaelJacksonDec 14, 2019 3:08 PM
:v
Dec 14, 2019 3:01 PM

Sep 2015
1. One Punch Man S2 -- didn't have that same impact like in Season 1
2. Arifureta -- The beginning was rushed af imo, they had to show more how he transformed from innocent school boy to what he is now.
3. Danmachi S2 -- It wasn't that disappointing but in the last season they just dropped a big ass bomb in the end and i feel like they never really went in on it in the second season.
Dec 14, 2019 3:17 PM
Feb 2016
Lord El-Melloi and Fire Force is my biggest disappointment. And No Guns Life

This year I didn't really watch seasonal anime, I marathoned all Monogatari series, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Sangatsu no Lion, Princess Principal
Dec 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Oct 2015
1. Danmachi s2
2. Kakegurui××
3. OPM s2
Dec 14, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2017
Easy

1. Date A Live III
2. Date A Live III
3. Date A Live III

Screw you J.C Staff for ruining my anime -__-
Dec 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Aug 2018
In all the 2019 shows ive seen im pretty satisfied to most of it except Arifureta and Isekai Cheat Magician
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
SapphyeePH said:
In all the 2019 shows ive seen im pretty satisfied to most of it except Arifureta and Isekai Cheat Magician

not sure why you would anticipate isekai cheat magician to be good
from the title itself i can already tell it wouldn't be impressive

Themousen said:
Thankfully I wasn't REALLY disappointed by any anime this year since I went more or less in blind way so I didn't have any expectations
However I had a few small disappointments :

1. Blade of the Immortal
The setting was interesting and so could have been the story. But it feels so, sooo rushed. New characters popping out of nowhere, new storylines the anime assumes we already know...
It's a shame, because I can't get too much attached to the 2 main characters because of this

2. Gunjou no Magmell
At first I thought it was an anime like Made in Abyss
Oh boy I was wrong. Yep, a whole new and mysterious continent has been discovered. But...that's all.
Uninteresting characters, bad animation, bad story, this anime is a mess

3. Dororo
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this anime
But the thing is, I LOVED the first court. It's a 10/10 for me and one of my favourite 2019 anime. But then, the 2nd cour attacked.
The first 2 episodes were kinda boring and the story lacked in depth, especially compared to the previous ones. Same goes for the characters interactions. Then, the infamous episode 15. And after all, an average episode 16. The show almost redeemed itself with some good/great episodes from the 17th, but it wasn't enough. Plus, the ending, despite being emotionnal, felt kinda rushed and once again lacked in terms of characters development.
Plus the 2nd opening was a huge let down.

(dis)honorable mentions :
UchiMusume : Started as an interesting SOL and a fantasy version of Usagi Drop. Ended as an average anime with a plain boring story and meh characters (Dale is frankly forgettable and Latina was way too mature for her age to trigger that "aw she's adorable" when you see her.

No Guns Life : Once again, interesting noir setting but I just couldn't care that much about the characters. It's still a good anime though

Oresuki : Started as an anti-harem with an interesting MC. But the last episodes totally fell in the classical harem genre. It's still funny and the characters are somehow likeable, but it's still a disappointment. If the MC would have continued to be an absolute jerk and wanted to get all the girls to join his harem by manipulating everyone, yeah that would have been really fun

Hataage Kemono Michi : Some nice humour and characters (Carmilla best girl) but the story is...nowhere to be found, and the MC is completely bland, uninteresting and sometimes creepy (and not in a good way)

Fire Force : Not such a big disappointment, but it feels way too generic for me. Useless fanservice, classical edgy team of villains, sometimes an out of place childish humour. The beginning of the story was interesting, but it just ended in a generic good guys vs bad guys fight. The anime was a bit more interesting for a few episodes however (let's say the 15s-20) and I really like the animation

for me, dororo has an interesting premise but ended up as a broken piece
thematically it is quite rich and i think it has a lot of potentials but they are wasted in the second half of the series

for no gun's life though, I have mixed feelings
but to be fair we rarely see shows with cyberpunk motifs
Dec 14, 2019 6:47 PM

Oct 2017
Well, i generally just wait to the thing to finish before start watching it to avoid being disappointed, haven't watched SG0 for example because it wasn't exactly well received and the first anime ended well, so seems unnecesary.

That being said I expected more for Mahou Asuka (just it being average) and it was easily the worst anime I have watched this year, the other disappointment would be To The Abandoned Sacred Beast because the first episode was good but after that it just went down, so unless Vinalnd turns out mediocre when I start watching it those would be the only 2 that would qualify.

Dec 15, 2019 2:30 AM
May 2017
One Punch man 2nd season, Enen no Shouboutai and Fairy Gone
Dec 15, 2019 2:40 AM
May 2014
For me it has been Fire Force and Carole & Tuesday that were kind of disappointing. I can count a lot of other shows I've seen this year that were non-airing that were more of a disappointment, but that doesn't include any of the 2019 lineup.
Dec 15, 2019 2:43 AM

Mar 2016
I don't even think I've watched 3 anime this year.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Dec 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Apr 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba - Ep 1 looked rather promising and there was a lot of hype from the manga readers. First scene of ep 2 and everything already went to shit for me. As the series went on it just kept getting worse. It improved a little in the last episodes (17+), but with improvement I mean like bad to medriocre at best.

Vinland saga - First 3 eps looked pretty promising and once again there was a lot of hype around this. Ep 4 crushed almost any hope I had in the series and ep 5 put the last nail in the coffin. From there on (6+) it improved a little I guess, but once again it's not a great improvement (from terrible to bad). Dropped at ep 10.

Arifureta - Kinda hyped for the source material but the adaptation turned out to be pretty terrible. Quickly dropped it after only 2 ep and sticked to the novel.

HM to okaasan online - I didn't really had too much hope in this to begin with, but from the title it looked like it coulda been something fun. Turned out to be more cringy then funny for the little I've watched of it tho (first 2 eps)
vhagar8Dec 15, 2019 3:31 AM
Dec 15, 2019 3:54 AM
Sep 2018
1. One Punch man S2
2. Dr Stone
3. Assassins Pride

(Bonus)
Fire force
Dec 15, 2019 4:06 AM

Aug 2019
1. Kimetsu no Yaiba - after the first episode it looked like a darker Dororo with much better art and animation. But then it turned quickly into a shonen trash with the most annoying and underdeveloped characters I've ever seen.

2. Psycho Pass S3 - season 1 is firmly in my top 10 all time and I still can't believe I already dropped the newest installment thanks to horrible writing, bad pacing and a plot which was probably going nowhere.

3. Kanata no Astra - after the first episode promised an interesting space survival story, it quickly turned into a high school space opera that just failed to deliver despite some interesting concepts. Badly written, politically correct and some plot twists were just one big WTF.
Dec 15, 2019 4:59 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
this is hard, should I mention the anime I had high expectations for but ended up far worse than I though or should I put emphasis on how much they ended up as unwatchable cancerous garbage?

for the former:

1. Tate no Yuusha (this was so bad I initially forgot I had high expectations for it)
2. Senko-san
3. UchiNoko

for the latter:

1. Isekai Cheat Magician
2. Hitoribocchi
3. Tate no Yuusha

Yuri-Crusader said:
Houkago Saikoro Club , Trying to be a cute girls show but have more males then females in it? And the males constantly trying to climb the females!! Are you fucking kidding me!!! No!! The girls belongs to me! I dont share them I only accept lesbian love!! Dropped

The problem with that show is that it's a shounen, I was weary going into it and it turns out I was right, it's very rare to get a good CGDCT like Gabriel DropOut from a shounen.
RoevhaalDec 15, 2019 5:04 AM
Dec 15, 2019 5:07 AM
Apr 2016
Disappointing does not mean bad, it means animes that have potential and then fall off. So for me, obviously Shield Hero. It has a 1 or 2 first eps with some twist, and then that's it. Nothing more than a below average isekai and stuffs, even worse and unenjoyable compared with SAO. I fell asleep in the middle of the 22nd or 23rd eps, and didnt even bother watching to the end because it is just that bad.
Dec 15, 2019 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
For an anime to be "disappointing" it needs to meet two conditions:
1. I need to have positive expectations for it.
2. Those expectations aren't met.

The ones that stood out to me as meeting these conditions are:
- Hoshiai no Sora (Enticing art style and strong slice of life elements, but then it gets needlessly dramatic and I could not see myself enjoying it).
- Choyoyu (Tremendously good as far as generic isekai goes, then suddenly ... sexual assault).
- Null Peta (Was hoping for longer episodes)
- Noukin (Falls apart after 3 episodes)
- Boogiepop (Falls apart after 3 seconds)
- Black Fox (Was hoping for a TV anime)
- Mahou Shoujo Asuka (Don't know what I was expecting, but this is clearly a disappointment).
- Fragtime (High expectations, but absolutely no cohesion).

My top 3 (or 4) of these would have to be ...
- Noukin
- Boogiepop
- Fragtime
- Hoshiai no Sora
Dec 15, 2019 5:42 AM

Sep 2018
1. Try Knights, I honestly don't know what I was even expecting but that was one hell of a disaster...
2. Ensemble Stars, I've been looking forward to this adaptation since Enstars has been a dear franchise to me for a long time, but the anime turned out to be boring as hell with a crap pacing :(
3. Fire Force, the first ep had me hyped up as hell but it was all downhill from there. Shōnen junk food was never my kind of stuff to begin with though, but I just wasn't expecting it to take that direction.
Dec 15, 2019 5:53 AM
Sep 2017
Carole and Tuesday
Stellar first few episodes but soon lost its momentum thanks to a lot of weaker plot points. Was a fun experience overall but not quite the magical experience I’d expected it to be
Demon Slayer
Manga reader that was excited for a ufotable adaptation, but sadly I didn’t find the presentation to be extremely gripping, and many of the jokes were hampered by the pacing which really ruined some of the dramatic tension.
Dororo
Started off great but was a bit too repetitive and meandered a lot beginning from the middle portion. Visuals also took a massive dip.
Dec 15, 2019 5:54 AM

Feb 2015
One Punch Man S2 for having major pacing issues and the huge downgrade in animation quality compared to season 1.
Dec 15, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2017
One Punch man season 2

Nanatsu no Taizai season 3 ( I have not end yet... but
but from what I've seen the chapters ... BAD!)
Dec 15, 2019 6:29 AM

Mar 2019
1)one punch man season 2
Opm season 2 is disappointing because character disain is bad,animation is bad first season animation is better,first 5 episode is good and funny but over episodes is boring.
2)nanatsu no taizava season,because animation is shit!character have white blood,wtf? I watched 3 episode end hold on
3)danmachi season 2 is absolute trash!shit story,lot of fanservis moment, it's horrible
Dec 15, 2019 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
1. Sarazanmai - Ikuhara, you can do better than this. Come on!

2. Granbelm - Hoped it would be some weird, artsy thing. Turned out to be dumb, annoying, and boring. All somehow at the same time.

3. Uhh... Can't really think of much. It's hard to be disappointed when this year has been a consistent trainwreck of such huge proportions.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Dec 15, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
So anime, who I expected more of.. Not the ones I didn't even expect anything from..

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san. I expected more from this show, especially as I kinda liked couple first episodes.. But then it just felt to me that they ran out of ideas, and it got boring.. Expected much more with how memes were circulating about it, but well, not the first or last time popular thing isn't necessarily enjoyable for me.. Well, it was alright at start, but that's about it..

Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai. It could have been better, I think characters were too obsessed with the same things, and weren't able to move in any other direction.. Just felt like horny comedy, but all the time about the same - too much.. Also I didn't like, how heroine was getting broken into things basically, maybe, it's comedy, or something, but I just didn't enjoy this aspect..

Domestic na Kanojo. For some reason, it felt like watching melodrama or dorama, or something.. Plot is a bit too close to live action Indian/ Mexican/ whatever dramas..
Dec 15, 2019 7:05 AM

Feb 2018
3. Rising of the Shield Hero was a little disappointing with it's pacing towards the last third of the show.

I watched Dr. Stone, Fire Force and Danmachi 2 every Friday for like 2 months. I have enjoyed what I've seen of Dr. Stone and plan to finish it, and there hasn't really been an incentive to keep watching tbh, but I honestly didn't have any expectations going into it so I'm not necessarily disappointed with it (plus I think it picks up like, 4 or 5 episodes from where I'm at now)

2. Danmachi 2- I liked the first season, and actually really liked the start of this one, but I think JC Staff could've spent more time focusing on one of their franchises and not spread themselves thin (High Score Girl 2 and Food Wars 4 out this Fall, Danmachi OVA this month and season 3 next year) because it could've benefitted from directing and animation more similar to the first season (which, although I haven't read the LN's, had a solid production).

1. Fire Force- I feel like this is a common sentiment, but I wanted it to be great because the start was engaging, mysteries interesting, kick @$$ OP and ED, and about 50 other things, but it just lost some of its flare after a while. Also seemed as if part of it was the way it adapted the manga, and part of it was the manga itself, but I have yet to read it so I'm not sure.

I didn't think any of them were 'bad', but it was more that at the start I wanted them to be great and ended up below my expectation (which of course is kind of my fault). Although Kimetsu no Yaiba and Kanata no Astra had such great ends, and Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 was so well done (along with Vinland Saga and a number of other series) that honestly they more than make up for a few disappointments.
Dec 15, 2019 7:19 AM

Mar 2018
1.) Kimetsu no Yaiba. Looked like it had potential but became a generic, poorly written anime.

2.) Fairy Gone. Good setting. Really thought it would be AOTS then they started to drop expositions with little to no explanation and the story got messy and boring.

3.) Fire Force. I thought it would be at least decent but...... (I made a review so I released my disappointment there).
Dec 15, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 2019
1.one punch s2
Kind of a boring storyline and and the quality dropped with every episode huge disappointment
2.senryuu shoujo
Such a slow development and some episode are so boring

3.arifureta
It's pretty obvious why....
What can I say, I'm just that stupid.
Dec 15, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 2019
1.one punch s2
Kind of a boring storyline and and the quality dropped with every episode huge disappointment
2.senryuu shoujo
3.arifureta
Dec 15, 2019 7:36 AM

Jan 2018
Not the biggest disappointment but could have been better list.

Shield hero - absolutely 360 back flip brain twist.

Kanata no astra - Actually hope for a bit of gantz stuff but nowhere near.

Cop craft - tsundere the animation.

Arifureta - good if they don't cut content.

Mom isekai - Upon seeing the mastermind towards end of the show I had a team rocket flashback.

Isekai cheat magician - If you have kids then this show is for them.
Nov 2019
1.one punch s2
2.senryuu shoujo
3.arifureta

Sep 2018
1. One punch Man s2
2. Nanatsu no taisai
3. No Guns Life
4. Fairy Gone
I keep moving forward
Dec 15, 2019 7:50 AM
Feb 2017
I don’t have a third one that I was hyped for that was bad, so for me it would be:

1. OPM S2
2. The Rising of the Shield Hero
Dec 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
some interesting opinions on here... but for me, it'd be new season of shokugeki (idk if i'll even finish it) and dr stone (dropped after ep 4 or 5, don't remember).
Dec 15, 2019 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
WarFirel said:
1. One punch Man s2
2. Nanatsu no taisai
3. No Guns Life
4. Fairy Gone

counting to 3 seems to be harder for some people than it should be...

for me its

1. dr stone, boring, only few good episodes
2. assassins pride, boring and bad animations
3. gunjou no magmell, I was really looking forward a good adventure anime and when this aired i was really excited until I was confronted with the film grain every episode and the dumb plot + no progress at all
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

84 by district_marvel »»
3 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

45 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - May 13

36 by ColourWheel »»
10 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - Yesterday

16 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ?

Shomix - 6 hours ago

12 by traed »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.