Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OF course Fumino would have a swimsuit underneath that towel. Kinda awkward she's currently living with him. She almost seems like a housewife to Nariyuki in a way.

Interesting that we also see Fumino's mom making an cameo appearance. I think Fumino's relationship with her mom is heartwarming.

Dec 7, 2019 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
I'm glad Fumino's issue with her Dad was wrapped up quickly and her Dad is a pretty good person, he just doesn't know how to express himself.

All the Fumino x Nariyuki scenes in this episode were great and watching Fumino talk about stars does put a smile on my face.
Dec 7, 2019 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
This is by far my favourite episode of the entire series. 10/10.

It was nice that we got to see Fumino's mother, she really is a caring mother.
It was also good that Fumino and her father were able to solve their issue.

I'm officially on the Fumino train.

Dec 7, 2019 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
Frankly, what made this episode so touching has very little to do with the "shipping", "best girl" etc, it has LOTS to do with Fumino's character development and concrete reasons why her dream is not a plot device but rather something that is worth to cheer behind. Without parental support and others' understanding, she still refuse to give up her ambitions and hang through admirably.

If anything, this episode reinforces my belief that Fumino is one of the best-written characters in this series. I have a soft spot for girls who have a heart of champion.
Dec 7, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2015
One of the best episodes so far!

Fumino has always been my favorite from the start out of the 3 girls Nariyuki is tutoring, but this episode proves why she is my favorite. Her development is lovely to see and this episode displayed it great. Fumino has had it rough with no parents guiding her with what she wants, lost her mother at a young age and her dad was just not there for her.. but she never gave up on her dreams. It was lovely to see her mother and see what she was like. Pleasant surprise that she was just like how Fumino is now, someone who sucks at math, but with hard work, she made her dream reality! You can do it Fumino!!
Dec 7, 2019 10:48 AM
Jun 2017
As a #TeamFumino, this is my favorite episode of said series. Well like mother like daughter... and that video is the KEY so that her father and fumino can be in good terms again...

And the last part where her father ask Yuiga what is their relationship is great. Hahaha

Great episode... fumino for the win.
Dec 7, 2019 10:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode but I found Fumino's story a bit too childish, she's my favorite girl from the show though.
Dec 7, 2019 10:55 AM
Jan 2018
This was a really good episode and a great resolution to the Father/Daughter dynamic going on with the Furuhashi Family. It was nice seeing Fumino expressing her interest in astronomy again and its connection with her late mother - who I instantly adored just after watching those flashback and video clips of her.

My one nitpick is that Reiji (Fumino's Father) didn't show much apology for how he's acted in front of her for the past 10 years. Granted, he is a very socially awkward person as shown in the anime, so I guess it does make sense character-wise.
... I can't deny though that I was hoping for a hug or emotional moment between the two to cap off this 2 Episode story-arc.
Dec 7, 2019 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
No No I mustn't stray from the church of senpai, I mustn't stray...

I came into this week's Bokuben as I do every week, expecting to laugh, instead I'm over here crying. Such a relatable episode. I always wanted to be an astronomer growing up. My dad used to buy me a lot of astronomy books, I'd watch Nat Geo and Discovery Channel all day. Last month makes 7 years since he's been going due to prostate cancer, I miss him every day. Whenever an anime does episodes like this, VE 10, Anohana 11, etc, I just think of my dad.

I'm happy Fuminocchi and her father got their closure, sometimes parents are just as lost as the kids.
By far the best episode of the entire series so far, 10/10.
Dec 7, 2019 11:23 AM
May 2017
I shed tears the first time i read the chapter months ago. Now i did it again while watching the anime.

Fumino's arc perfectly animated. Best episode for this season.
Dec 7, 2019 11:41 AM
Feb 2016
Hands down the best episode (and best girl) in the series.
Dec 7, 2019 11:50 AM

Jan 2019
I'm impressed at how impactful this show can be when it dials back the comedy. I'm hoping Rizu and Uruka will get similar treatment later down the line.

Dec 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Fumino really got me when she entered the bathroom... That girl ;)

This episode is unfair for the other ships xD. After this, it's practically impossible for Fumino not to win.

But... best girl returns in the next episode and nothing less than dressed as a mahou shoujo <3 <3 <3

SkyLETVDec 7, 2019 2:30 PM
Dec 7, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2018
Hate this ep...........................................................
Dec 7, 2019 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Damn, phenomenal episode. Is Fumino officially best girl now? I ship them hard now.
Dec 7, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Ugh, unexpected feels. Despite very little comedy this week, I liked it.
After seeing preview I can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 7, 2019 1:04 PM
Sep 2019
(copied from another forum where I posted this )

Good episode..
1.Looks like Reiji is sizing up his new son-in-law...wink wink..
2.On the whole, a good episode. Finally , Reiji is able to somehow communicate with his daughter, and at the same time view his late wife as a human being...not as the angel he thought she was.
Thing is, when we have this 'perfection' view of people we love, it can be very disastrous to our psyche when they are gone from our lives.
3.At the same time, Reiji, despite his very silly emotional distance from his daughter, does really love her enough not to let her read a course/major at university that might be hard for her. The problem is, he had also stopped listening to his dughter to really hear her, and his daughter, after years of trying to get him to hear her, finally gave up. Also, he had this flawed opinion that talent is everything. Not exactly, working hard can help a lot as Reiji's late wife, and Fumi's mama proved...all her acheivements were by hard work.
4.Fumino's mom too had her issues...thinking that she had to please Reiji by 'looking good academically'. Sorry, but I don't think she knew how deeply her husband loved her...till she was dying so to speak.
5.I hope that Reiji talks to his daugher more. Teenage girls need to have a good relationship with their fathers. Thankfully, Fumino survived long enough without much damage.(Infact, once again...how the (censored) did Fumino survive in that house, with such an emotionally absent father. And I thought my dad was insensitive...compared to Fumino's dad...he's a breath of light..and we know he does love us haha).
6.Finally, I hope the Nariyuki//Fumino ship works out seriously. Fumino at the very least needs a guy who would give her lots of support and Nariyuki is it. (Especially as her dad didn't do too well in that department). I suspect the dad is in favour too...based on his reaction..lol.

A good episode, and I hope we weebs and otakus are picking up some serious lessons from this. Anime to me should not be just pure entertainment...if you are not getting an aesop, you better watch something else.
Dec 7, 2019 1:06 PM

Aug 2016
One of the better episodes of the second season it felt really sweet and satisfying.
Dec 7, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2017
Holy fuckin shit I can't believe I went from hating this show with a passion to loving it with a passion.

I'm crying.
Dec 7, 2019 2:00 PM

Mar 2019
So much more than generic harem garbage, bravo!
Dec 7, 2019 2:09 PM
Sep 2019
One of the best episodes by far.

I'm on team fumino now! go furuhashi!
Dec 7, 2019 2:51 PM

Mar 2019
Fumino is so great. She better win Naruyuki!
Dec 7, 2019 4:01 PM
Feb 2009
Fumino striking hard these last 2 episode ftw! but we got Mafuyu sensei next weekend nice
Dec 7, 2019 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
best arc that i've seen for this show, Fumino makes the main 2 girls look like trash in comparison right now , even as a nimble Mafuyu supporter shes too good.
Dec 7, 2019 5:24 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Such a powerful episode. Best of the series yet.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 7, 2019 6:41 PM
Jan 2017
We Never Learn delivers yet another fine episode! This is the show that keeps on giving, character development and romantic comedy included. This epsiode was largely Fumino-centric and we get to see her relationship with Nariyuki evolve. A particular criticism I've thrown at season 1 of We Never Learn is that Fumino rarely got any romantic moments with Nariyuki; to the point she seemed like a big-sister kind of character than a genuine love interest, so it's good to see season 2 give her some much-needed attention. We got 2 episodes dedicated to Fumino's character development and her relationship with the protagonist.

I was a bit bummed that Fumino didn't get a proper reconciliation with her father, but then again, this was never about Fumino's father, it was always about Fumino herself and, to a lesser extent, Nariyuki. Seriously, our boy deserves some major hero cred for walking the distance for Fumino. All in all, this was a fine episode. We Never Learn is one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 7, 2019 7:29 PM

Oct 2018
I'm sorry for the redheads, but Fumino should be the winner after this. She has the strongest reason to go against her natural talents, she's had more hardships on her life, and she's so selfless; for a long time she supported her friends (with Yuiga) and put her own feelings on second place or even denied them to avoid betraying Uruka and Rizu.
Dec 7, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2017
There were some really sweet moments in this episode. Fumino really is a sweet girl, glad she finally got through to her dad.
Dec 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2014
I want the ilicite relationship with the sensei.

But damn man, i think this is the most strong ship in the serie, Fumino smells a winner by a lot, can't feel this watching Naruyuki interact with the other girls.
DrekaelricDec 9, 2019 7:45 PM
Dec 7, 2019 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
So the Fumi-daddy-long-legs arc ended?! Yay! Gonna go straight to the next eppy! Yay!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2019 11:16 PM
Jun 2012
While I really like the teacher and older girl they have no actual chance of winning in terms of anime logic. Fumino is the best overall girl.
Dec 8, 2019 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
Drekaelric said:
I want the ilicite relationship with the sensei.

But damn man, i thing this is the most strong ship in the serie, Fumino smells a winner by a lot, can't feel this watching Naruyuki interact with the other girls.

The bliss of not having read the manga. :P
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2019 12:28 AM
Feb 2018
This does put a smile on my face
Dec 8, 2019 1:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
With every episode, I feel like Asume-senpai is being further pushed to the sidelines ;-;

Anyway, this was a solid episode for Fumino's progression! She's always been a top contender to 'stealing' Nariyuki away and this further cements it (or does it really at the end of the day?).

I could tell from a mile away that the father is actually a good person by heart but can't really act like one in front of her daughter, and sure enough he is! A much better person than that, in fact.

Fumino's mother little cameo was really nice too! Now we know where Fumino got her clumsy side from lol. God, I'd love to see the relationship between her parents though. How adorable that Fumino decided to name the star with her father's name because it signifies an important to them both, that would melt any father's heart I bet.

Meanwhile, lots more Fumino x Nariyuki delightful scenes! "My dream was to to become a good wife" xD timing girl, timing. Lol, the father with that million-dollar question in the end too. Good stuff, this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 8, 2019 3:01 AM

Nov 2019
Flaecy said:
Fumino striking hard these last 2 episode ftw! but we got Mafuyu sensei next weekend nice

Nah, Fumino will still be the focus, they all are but Fumino will have the most focus still
Dec 8, 2019 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
This episode showed us who is the best girl again.
Dec 8, 2019 5:00 AM
Oct 2017
It’s sad that I feel like the show’s gonna go back to generic harem plot after this episode - manga readers please tell me I’m wrong
Dec 8, 2019 5:03 AM

Dec 2014
Reconciling with the father..I also have a complicated relationship with my father....
Dec 8, 2019 5:31 AM

Dec 2016
This is definitely the most touching episode of the show.
If I only watched Ep9&10, I would never have guessed that this is a harem. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Dec 8, 2019 5:35 AM
May 2018
what a heartwarming episode. really proves fumino is the best girl for me :D
“If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie.”
Dec 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Feb 2014
First one to visit Nariyuki house : check
Living together under same roof : check
Eating together : check
Getting Yuiga Nariyuki's mom approval : check
Taking a bath together : check
Getting Fumino's father approval : check

THIS IS A ONE-SIDED MATCH AFTER ALL !!
Dec 8, 2019 8:13 AM

Feb 2017
survey prove that 99.99% of anime watcher change to team fumino x nariyuki after watching this episode

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 8, 2019 9:26 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode, I'm glad Fumino's situation with her father became better
Dec 8, 2019 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
With every episode, I feel like Asume-senpai is being further pushed to the sidelines ;-;

Just wish that Jump Festa 2020 announces a third season. //Senpai's arc is amazing and it hits right in the feels. It is nothing to do with the overly used dead parent(s)/parental issues that is used to make fans pity a character like in the case of Fumino. This is a cheap trick if you asked me. And while it worked in the past, it has become dull for many who has read/seen tons of similar stories. If you follow 5ch, you'd see Sensei and Senpai's arc the most loved ones and the least is Rizu's. Fumino's is still well liked, but not as much as Sensei/Senpai's.//

DevilYoungboy said:
It’s sad that I feel like the show’s gonna go back to generic harem plot after this episode - manga readers please tell me I’m wrong

This is just the start of the character arcs (the first one of the manga). There are arcs dedicated for other girls as well. It is a harem story after all. //All of them except Uruka has an arc dedicated for them. The most popular arc of the manga is Sensei arc. And the most sad arc of the manga is Senpai arc.//

evoniee said:
survey prove that 99.99% of anime watcher change to team fumino x nariyuki after watching this episode

Lol. Where are you getting these stats from? What survey?

The winner will be decided based on the progression of the story in the manga and not the anime. //And she is second in popularity, and lost a lot of grounds to her advantage over Uruka in third and either third or fourth (considering Rizu's change) in the pecking order as far as the story goes. Anyone who read the manga knows that the pecking order is Uruka > Sensei > Rizu/Fumino > Senpai.//
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2017
@shanimebib you can't even notice the basic joke / bait after an arc of a harem series. joined 2007

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 8, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
@evoniee: The fun fact is this is what Fumino fans have been sprouting in /r so, it's now impossible to not being able to differentiate between a joke and a serious one.

So, I will take this one as a joke. /feels bad getting baited/
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2018
yay Fumino's dad is no longer suffering from Kiritsugu syndrome.
Dec 8, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2008
An episode centered about Furuhashi!
4/5.
of course Team Furuhashi here!
matias067Dec 8, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was trying to make me prefer Fumino than Kirisu.

But, Fumino really is more likeable now, compared to the previous episodes.
Dec 8, 2019 3:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
With every episode, I feel like Asumi-senpai is being further pushed to the sidelines ;-;

Just wish that Jump Festa 2020 announces a third season.

Fingers crossed for that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

77 by Harameek »»
Jan 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

266 by Harameek »»
Jan 4, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

47 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

52 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 11, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.