Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More ramen eating between Naruto and Boruto...

And of course, more Rasengan training. I wish they picked up the pacing more but then I guess they're trying to build more into Naruto and Boruto's relationship in this timeline.
Nov 24, 2019 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like the thing sasuke dropped wasn't anything to worry about just some note not something worse like a picture

Boruto and boruto's dad finally figured out how to do the 'new' technique together, hopefully it will be powerfull enough

I wonder if Jiraiya noticed the rinnegan on Urashiki

Nov 24, 2019 3:17 AM

Jan 2016
While I enjoyed the episode, I'll have to rate this one pretty low simply because they really screwed us over with the cliffhanger from the previous episode. We waited two weeks to see the resolution to it, and it ended in a "haha jk."
Nov 24, 2019 3:36 AM

Oct 2015
This was below mediocre.

The Sasuke cliffhanger from the previous episode couldn't be more disappointing. I'm guessing it's safe to say there won't be major reveals on this arc, just a battle with Urashiki. I also doubt Sakura would get anything worthwhile from Sasuke. Speaking of Sasuke, the guy sucks as a Ninja, particularly from this episode when he struggled to come up with an answer for Jiraya.

And we also tired of Naruto's constant sappy moments about Sasuke, we're already full from them.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 24, 2019 7:37 AM

Feb 2016
Freaking anticlimactic....waste of my time
Nov 24, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2015
I didn't like the cliffhanger resolution, absolutely stupid.
Nov 24, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
I'm out of here can't take this shit anymore, the. Past 4 Episode was good but now just this Episode shows me How stupid this anime really is
SaiDxvLightNov 27, 2019 9:18 AM
Nov 24, 2019 9:29 AM
Aug 2018
Their choice for using BGM sounds more refined than previous episodes, nice work on that part.

The tension from previous ep just ended with that joking. Disappointed.

Boruto got a chance to dine with Asuma, who is Mirai’s father. I wonder why Boruto hasn’t any thought about him. Damn I missed him. I hope this arc doesn’t end without a thought about Asuma just like that.

Urashiki’s attacking while the combination jutsu is not completed and they’re exhausted. Jiraiya is pierced, why would a cautious ninja like him got a damage easily? Well, I’m still rooting for next ep.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Nov 24, 2019 11:06 AM

Jun 2016
I have never felt more cucked in my life... That cliff hanger was god tier and then it just kinda got retconned makes me kinda sad. I am still enjoying the nostalgia of seeing all of the original characters and designs interact knowing what they are going to be. I kinda teared up when I saw asuma.

Idk i wont say its bad but it for sure wasnt up to my expectation from the previous episodes ending. Then again I feel like if it had I might also have been angry cause it could also have been seen as a middle finger to the original story.
Nov 24, 2019 11:16 AM
Nov 2017
Overall the episode wasn't great. It had bad pacing and a terrible resolution to the previous episode's cliffhanger. The only thing which saved it was it's ending
Nov 24, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2018
Boruto #133 and Shippuden #133 have something in common, in both Jiraya gets hurt, and I can't stand that. Can they please just let this precious old man live (?)
Nov 24, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
The scenes with Boruto and Naruto running around to dodge the fire and lightning attacks was hilariously cartoony, like headless chickens running around.
Nov 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
It was an okay episode. 3/5 at best. The most disappointing parts of this episode were the resolutions of the cliffhangers from the previous episodes: Jiraiya taking his suspicion as a joke (but I do think Jiraiya still suspects/knows Adult Sasuke being Sasuke Uchiha but rather not interrogate him) and Young Sakura confronting Boruto with Sarada's letter (this was handled worse IMO).

So far one of my least favorite episodes of this story arc (or probably my least favorite of the arc at the moment) but not too bad. Everything else was alright.
ThunDragonRandyNov 24, 2019 12:46 PM
I am a thunder dragon! Hear me roar thunder and breathe lightning.
Nov 24, 2019 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
lol it's pretty funny hearing Jiraya during the next episode preview say he's never heard of a jutsu that allows you to predict the future when he based his whole life around a prophecy he heard from that old frog. Maybe not exactly a jutsu but similar enough.
Nov 24, 2019 4:43 PM

Dec 2017
I wonder if this story arc is happening in an alternate universe, because otherwise it would create many plot holes to the original story. Also, it would imply that this albino guy isn't much of a threat to kid Naruto compared to Akatsuki, but somehow he managed to give adult Sasuke a hard time. Okay, this is confusing lol
vegeta8639 said:
lol it's pretty funny hearing Jiraya during the next episode preview say he's never heard of a jutsu that allows you to predict the future when he based his whole life around a prophecy he heard from that old frog. Maybe not exactly a jutsu but similar enough.
Also, I would call bullshit if Jiraiya didn't see that albino guy's Rinnegan when he clearly encountered him face to face.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 24, 2019 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
2 weeks on that cliffhanger, and it gets resolved with a "lol jk"

Damn this trolling ass show XD
Nov 24, 2019 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! not even the legendary sannin Jiraiya could even land a punch against overpowered Urashiki! Rinnegan eyes are troublesome!
5/5.

Nov 24, 2019 6:17 PM

May 2014
I find it hard to believe that Jiraiya didn't think the adult performer wasn't Uchiha Sasuke. Even after saying there is no way that's true I think he still suspect him to be Sasuke. But since he has no proof of it and don't want to dig any deeper he can't say that for sure. From Jiraiya's action I think there is two things that are self-evident. Firstly, he know that Naruto and Boruto are somehow connected or even related one way or another. Secondly, he think that adult nameless performer is Sasuke though he has no proof to prove his supposition.

The plot armor with making Sarada's note wet in order to make young Sakura unsure and confused was a good one. Looks like her suspicion isn't gone completely. Poor Sasuke. He got to deal with her again. Good luck with excuses for that note. Hahahah

Anyone else who thought the OSTs and scenes were misplaced in this ep. Two of them that I had in mind were "Enter Uzumaki Naruto" and "Fooling Mode" respectively. They were used so wrong. The first one was used in an explanation scene, when this tend to be used in actions scenes. The latter one was the opposite. Usually used in comedic scenes, but here it was used in an action/epic scene. The one who deal with the music did an awful job with choosing OSTs and using them correctly. That really irritated me.

Looks like Urashiki can see in the future. That's an hard jutsu to deal with. Interesting to see how they plan to deal with it. PS! This was definitely not worth waiting 2 weeks for. Got less than what I expected. Oh well. ^^
Nov 24, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2014
alelegon said:
Boruto #133 and Shippuden #133 have something in common, in both Jiraya gets hurt, and I can't stand that. Can they please just let this precious old man live (?)

At least let him have a good **** with Tsunade before they decide to stab him again. :'(
Nov 24, 2019 6:47 PM

May 2014
Mawinw said:
Urashiki’s attacking while the combination jutsu is not completed and they’re exhausted. Jiraiya is pierced, why would a cautious ninja like him got a damage easily? Well, I’m still rooting for next ep.

Even for him seeing Urashiki teleport that easy is unexpected and surprising. Hard to defend against that attack when he have never seen this jutsu. Nagato as a young child is the closest thing he has seen to a Rinnegan. Remember this is before his great fight with Pein (Nagato)
Nov 24, 2019 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
electromagneto said:
I wonder if this story arc is happening in an alternate universe, because otherwise it would create many plot holes to the original story. Also, it would imply that this albino guy isn't much of a threat to kid Naruto compared to Akatsuki, but somehow he managed to give adult Sasuke a hard time. Okay, this is confusing lol
vegeta8639 said:
Also, I would call bullshit if Jiraiya didn't see that albino guy's Rinnegan when he clearly encountered him face to face.

lol yea he'd know exactly what the Rinnegan is. This whole arc is necessarily gonna be full of plot holes. Probably best not to take it too seriously and just enjoy the nostalgia bait.
Doesn't mean we can't laugh at some of the nonsense though. Walk towards Naruto a little slower fishing rod guy, Jiraya and Sasuke aren't quite here yet.
Nov 24, 2019 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Well pretty sure Jiraiya figured it but he is not the type to pry untill Sasuke admits it's really him. Lol Boruto finally got to eat something other than ramen, good for him.
Nov 25, 2019 12:51 AM
Jun 2017
ohh my lets see how they will beat this one...
Nov 25, 2019 5:01 AM

Dec 2018
Problem: Boruto and Naruto can't sync their chakras.
Solution: Draw a konoha symbol on Boruto's palm.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 25, 2019 5:07 AM

Feb 2012
Can't complain. Naruto was absolutely filled to the brim with worthless filler. I don't mind them taking a bit more time to chill out and enjoy the moment.

SmaugBaggins said:
and then it just kinda got retconned makes me kinda sad.

Haven't you noticed up till this point? Half the shit that happens gets immediately retconned at the end of the arc. I thought for sure that they were building up a future love interest for Konahamaru since they were making out that his life is so sad and that being a ninja is his girlfriend. Then they immediately wipe her memories at the end of the arc. Dust their hands off, like "our works done for the day, let's put that behind us."

There's nothing really of consequence. Nobody fucking asks Mitsuki about his sage mode, everyone just pats each other on the back and moves on with the story.
Zei33Nov 25, 2019 5:12 AM
Nov 25, 2019 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
hiddenhokage said:
While I enjoyed the episode, I'll have to rate this one pretty low simply because they really screwed us over with the cliffhanger from the previous episode. We waited two weeks to see the resolution to it, and it ended in a "haha jk."

Agreed, very frustrating to watch through this episode. Jiraiya is such a troll in general but this 'not gonna investigate your identities any further'-deal he made with Sasuke.... *Facepalms*
Nov 25, 2019 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
They're just making Jiraiya look weak so that Boruto could look cool and I'm not down with that. Overall the episode was quite good. More Training and More old Naruto Music that gives me chills every time. :')
Nov 25, 2019 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
Elena-chan21 said:
However, now that Sakura has seen the name Sarada won't it have any impact in the future?

Naruto and Naruto friends about 20 years into the future:
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 25, 2019 9:11 AM
Mar 2015
Jiraiya ain't got no clue that the guy been using Rinnegan, eventhough he already knows what rinnegan is, thanks to Nagato.

Best plot holes of the series so far
Nov 25, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2013
ajsdfoid i gotta agree with everyone here. cliffhanger was lame as was most plot points of the episode.
Nov 25, 2019 10:51 AM

Jun 2016
Zei33 said:

SmaugBaggins said:
and then it just kinda got retconned makes me kinda sad.

Haven't you noticed up till this point? Half the shit that happens gets immediately retconned at the end of the arc. I thought for sure that they were building up a future love interest for Konahamaru since they were making out that his life is so sad and that being a ninja is his girlfriend. Then they immediately wipe her memories at the end of the arc. Dust their hands off, like "our works done for the day, let's put that behind us."
There's nothing really of consequence. Nobody fucking asks Mitsuki about his sage mode, everyone just pats each other on the back and moves on with the story.

Nah I am aware of that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a nice plot point in this arc if it wasn't retconned. Even if the entire arc doesnt matter in the long run as a viewer it would be ammusing to look back and think "oh Jiraiya knew sauske time traveled"
Nov 25, 2019 10:58 AM

Nov 2018
When Will Sasuke's Chakra come back?
Nov 25, 2019 12:19 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't get enough of this Naruto/Boruto duo, it makes me want the whole series to go forward with this setup.
Every time Boruto or Sasuke are pushed into answering something about the future I get so carried away and just want them to spit it out, but then again, it wouldn't make much sense.
I think that Jiraya has already confirmed his assumption of Sasuke and Boruto coming from the future, in fact, he was smart enough to act as he doesn't in order to not disrupt the timeline they live in. And if Steins;Gate taught us anything, you can mess with anything but a timeline. I really want Jiraya to react to Urashiki's Rinnegan or Sasuke's for that matter.

How convenient of Urashiki's future sight to foreshadow Zoro's probably future seeing Observation Haki, seeing how both characters have the same voice actor.
Nov 25, 2019 10:03 PM

May 2019
The choreographing in the last fight scene was a little off, especially with Urashiki's introduction.

Also, it was a little weird how Boruto switched from 'your friend' to 'Sasuke' mid-sentence and Naruto didn't notice.

Although I do like the sakura plotline. Jiraiya definitely believes that that is Sasuke, or else it wouldn't have even been brought up.

The introduction of the Rinnegan was what I was hoping for. It'll be cool to see whether Jiraiya finds out about Sasuke's, too.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 26, 2019 2:39 AM

May 2018
Good episode. It was nice to see Boruto and Naruto getting along as usual as well as Pervy Sage and Sasuke. Excited to see how will the fight will turn out, I hope it will be the last fight.

Nov 26, 2019 4:42 AM
Nov 2019
I think it was smart of Jirayia to chill out on that. No one likes a know it all. Plus all that would’ve done is stress Sauske TF out. All he did was make him think he was playing. Otherwise while would you randomly be like “Oh hey you’re Sauske huh” and Jariyia supposed to be believing Sauske just abandoned the village. Remember Jariya is the man at hold his cards close to his chest. He just wanted to ease the tension as to finding out who TF Urishiki is. The ACTUAL problem. I mean he did just fight a powerful stranger. (With 2 more known strangers at that.)

I’m thinking jougen helps with that teleportation like shown in previous episodes cuz that’s all he’s doing pretty much. And I feel as though they are setting up that combination rasengan to put a major halt to Urishiki. I just can’t wait until Boruto and Naruto share 9 tails chakra and do a super shadow clone hurricane style rasengun. (Cuz I feel it comíng.)

And lastly: Sauske better dodge Sakura like he owe child support cuz she definitely gonna figure out the SECOND she gets and actual real look at him.(which she hasn't really had so far)

So far: I’m looking hella forward to see how this arc pans out.
Nov 27, 2019 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was okay.. but I am still happy to see characters like Jiraiya, little Naruto etc from the past ^^
Nov 29, 2019 6:21 AM

Oct 2016
This arc is saving this anime.
Jan 28, 2020 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
So, Jiraiya doesn't know who they are.
Oct 24, 2021 5:49 AM
May 2021
I wanna see sage mode Jiraya :)))
It surely won't happen
Jun 27, 2022 4:51 AM
Dec 2013
Well, Asuma finally made a cameo in this arc. Didn't say anything though.
Jan 1, 2023 12:59 PM
Mar 2016
Wonder if Jiraiya will comment on Urashiki having rinnegan since Nagato had them.

And how long does it take Sasuke to get his chakra back? damn lol.

Would be awesome to see Jiraiya go all out in a battle against Urashiki but I'm guessing the low budget wouldn't allow for the epic fight we would have wanted.
Feb 24, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2021
This episode went almost exactely like mast episode.. ambushed...training...talking...ambushed again. Well We did see improvement in Boruto's and Naruto's syncroniced rasengan
Aug 1, 2023 6:32 PM
May 2023
Muy buen episodio, el entrenamiento esta tomando forma y me gusta el detalle que aprendio de jiraya de concentrarse en un punto (creo que lo aprendio de el) tambien me pregunto entre otra cosas cosas....jiraya que tanto habra descubierto lo que esta pasando.....encima en este episodio ve el rinnegan asi que veremos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.