Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2019 10:57 AM
Oct 2019
What are your views on open relationships?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
They make me so angry my balls explode just thinking about them.
Oct 4, 2019 11:19 AM

Mar 2018
I find them disgusting. Relationships ought to be between two persons and not between two and a half a bloody town.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 4, 2019 11:22 AM

Jul 2016
A significant other (love+lust) and many fuck buddies (lust only) is the key to enlightenment. Then you bring back the spices you acquired to your significant other.
Oct 4, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
i can see how open relationships would fit some people better.
personally i think my ideal would be a relationship where my partner and i are romantically exclusive but sexually allowed to fool around (on our own or perhaps together). i don't care much about sexual fidelity - never had. but romantic fidelity is a big deal to me.
Oct 4, 2019 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
I personally think that they should be illegal.

Oct 4, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
Not for me, not my concern if others do it.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 4, 2019 11:31 AM

Sep 2019
@Seiya, do you think casual sex in general should be illegal?
Oct 4, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
That's a difficult question to answer, but open relationships are even worse.

Oct 4, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2016
not for me, but if both people consent it should be okay
the only rules in a relationship are the ones the people involved decide
i know a lesbian couple that's into this kinda stuff and it's pretty interesting
Oct 4, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2019
@Seiya, it's pretty much the same thing except you have a partner.
And that's not a difficult question to answer for me. I value freedom and personal choice as long as your not going about hurting other people. So, of course I'm for casual sex being legal. I'd rather the country collapse than for the government to become that intrusive in people's sex lives.
Oct 4, 2019 11:52 AM
May 2019
Hmm I have never been in a open relationship before but knowing how possessive I am I doubt I would like it all that much lol.
I do have a friend who is in a open relationship and she is quite happy.
Do whatever makes you happy😊
Oct 4, 2019 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
Not a relationship, and is just an excuse for women to be sluts since the woman always has more to gain in this situation.
Oct 4, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
If both parties are okay with it and are both adults, who am I to judge? You can love more than one person.
Oct 4, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 2016
wouldn't personally get into one, but who cares what others do - as long as both parties joined the relationship wanting an open relationship, and so it wasn't forced on them by the other
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Oct 4, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
I don't think I would personally participate in it since I have been conditioned to value such loyalty, but I can't say anything for certain.
Attempts at long term monagamous relationships often fail or result in unhappiness anyway, as humans did not evolve to be in these relationships. Though, open relationships could lead to a loss of self control over your hedonistic tendencies and desire for instant gradification, if promoted on a large scale.
It could be called a conundrum of sorts, maybe. People now are in short term monagamous relationships in an attempt at balance.
Veronin said:
Not a relationship, and is just an excuse for women to be sluts since the woman always has more to gain in this situation.

That is the the simple boomer mentality.

I can see you

Oct 4, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Peaceful_Critic said:
If both parties are okay with it and are both adults, who am I to judge?

this logic makes no sense sorry

most people are "okay" with doing things that harm their mind/body but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be judged or ashamed of it

not that i really care, if you are meant for greatness you won't partake in things that ruin yourself, but as the old saying goes "if it walks like degeneracy and quacks like degeneracy...."
Oct 4, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'd be very uncomfortable in an open relationship, if I know it's only about sex for them and more about hookups and one-night-stands. It's hard for me to deal with such people, especially on relationship-basis.
If it's something serious and the other person isn't just occasionally sex, than I might be okay with it after the first "eeh" and try to learn to get to know the other person. Maybe I'd like them too in some ways. ;)

Seiya said:

Hi, dictatorship.
Come on, that's on the level of these old grandmas, who stare out of the window all day long and get their nose into other people's business.
removed-userOct 4, 2019 1:30 PM
Oct 4, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
CowboyMode said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
If both parties are okay with it and are both adults, who am I to judge?

most people are "okay" with doing things that harm their mind/body but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be judged or ashamed of it

not that i really care, if you are meant for greatness you won't partake in things that ruin yourself, but as the old saying goes "if it walks like degeneracy and quacks like degeneracy...."
I meant if both consented to that kind of relationship. I was describing a situation in which I wouldn't care about others getting into one. It wasn't really meant as an argument, I didn't explain why I was for it.
Oct 4, 2019 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
I'd be very uncomfortable in an open relationship, if I know it's only about sex for them and more about hookups and one-night-stands. It's hard for me to deal with such people, especially on relationship-basis.
If it's something serious and the other person isn't just occasionally sex, than I might be okay with it after the first "eeh" and try to learn to get to know the other person. Maybe I'd like them too in some ways. ;)

Seiya said:

Hi, dictatorship.
Come on, that's on the level of these old grandmas, who stare out of the window all day long and get their nose into other people's business.

I just don't like the idea of other people having "free will."

Oct 4, 2019 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Peaceful_Critic said:
CowboyMode said:

I meant if both consented to that kind of relationship. I was describing a situation in which I wouldn't care about others getting into one. It wasn't really meant as an argument, I didn't explain why I was for it.

oh i guess so

im just going by you saying "who am i to judge"

you have every right to judge someone for their behaviour, especially if you have a semi-functioning brain (and i don't mean this in the reverse insult way, i think you do have one)
Oct 4, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Veronin said:

believe it or not even female cucks exist

CowboyMode said:
"if it walks like degeneracy and quacks like degeneracy...."

degeneracy really means living your best life atp lol
Oct 4, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Hi, dictatorship.

At least you will be lucky enough in your imagination I guess, that you are allowed to keep it?

Anyway, back to topic: Just don't fool around with people and lie to them, while you're cheating on them.
People, who want to do it, will do it anyway. Just in an old mannered fashion, where everything is fine on the outside and they keep a nice facade, but they will cheat on their partner anyway.
People, who will stay monogamous won't suddenly cheat, because there is a possibility today to have sex with others, while you don't have to lie.
If you can decide between the dishonest, mendacious version with the nice facade or the honest version that will upset some people, take the honest one.

Veronin said:

If I wanted to be a slut, I wouldn't need an excuse like an "open relationship". I'd just do, if it fitted my needs personslity and needs.
removed-userOct 4, 2019 1:44 PM
Oct 4, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2017
Not something I can ever imagine myself partaking in, and I don't care if other people do
Oct 4, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
CowboyMode said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

oh i guess so

im just going by you saying "who am i to judge"

you have every right to judge someone for their behaviour, especially if you have a semi-functioning brain (and i don't mean this in the reverse insult way, i think you do have one)
Ah, that part was with the context of both being consenting adults. I wasn't trying to say you should never judge someone for their behavior.Sorry, if it appeared that way.
Oct 4, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2015
Seiya said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Hi, dictatorship.

You do know that people still have free will even if you criminalize an act right? It's like saying Antarctica doesn't exist if you make it illegal for people to acknowledge its existence.

smallpox said:
i can see how open relationships would fit some people better.
personally i think my ideal would be a relationship where my partner and i are romantically exclusive but sexually allowed to fool around (on our own or perhaps together). i don't care much about sexual fidelity - never had. but romantic fidelity is a big deal to me.

I largely agree with this, although I never felt romantic attraction towards anyone. If I ever do however, I'd also want my partner and I to be romantically exclusive to each other.
Oct 4, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
smallpox said:

CowboyMode said:
"if it walks like degeneracy and quacks like degeneracy...."

i dunno depends who you are i guess, the reality is the world consists of either slave or master mindset and 99%+ will be slaves to their own impulses and lack of mental capacity, so in some weird way maybe it is the best life for some people

Peaceful_Critic said:
Ah, that part was with the context of both being consenting adults. I wasn't trying to say you should never judge someone for their behavior.Sorry, if it appeared that way.

i gotcha no need to apologize uwu

but there's lots of things consenting adults do that are degenerate and hurt their minds and hold them back in life such as watching pr0n and if they used shame as a motivating factor instead of avoiding it they could improve and have a better life

Oct 4, 2019 1:57 PM

Jun 2014
Orhunaa said:
You do know that people still have free will even if you criminalize an act right? It's like saying Antarctica doesn't exist if you make it illegal for people to acknowledge its existence.If I ever do however, I'd also want my partner and I to be romantically exclusive to each other.

A person wouldn't have free will if they were in a relationship with me.

Oct 4, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2016
NOTHING. WRONG. WITH. IT.

Also, my god, bunch of authoritarians wanting to control people's lives in this thread.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 4, 2019 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
CowboyMode said:
smallpox said:

i dunno depends who you are i guess, the reality is the world consists of either slave or master mindset and 99%+ will be slaves to their own impulses and lack of mental capacity, so in some weird way maybe it is the best life for some people

man no offence but you don't sound exactly normal yourself if that's how you really think about other people and The Society
Oct 4, 2019 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
smallpox said:
CowboyMode said:

man no offence but you don't sound exactly normal yourself if that's how you really think about other people and The Society

It's just a pretentious "found my opinion about life and you better follow my advices to become enlightened like me and not such degenerates."
Oct 4, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
smallpox said:

lol im not offended by being called not normal

like i said, there are the masses and the elite when it comes to living a fulfilling life

most people don't realize that their brain produces negative feelings for a reason. regrets, failures, disappointment, shame, etc, all of these things are your brain's way of telling you that something needs to change in order for you to feel fulfilled

we live in a world where people are engaged in pointlessness (like this post i am typing right now, but i dont spend all day doing this) to an extreme extent and it literally saps chemical resources in your brain that could be put to better use and tricks your mind into thinking good things are happening to you, then at the end of the day people feel empty and are depressed and AnXiEtY and wonder why. couldn't be the wageslaving, then going home and wasting all free time on social media and video games only to repeat the cycle could it????

but it is what it is, those who are meant for greatness will figure it out

removed-userOct 4, 2019 2:22 PM
Oct 4, 2019 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
Seiya said:
Orhunaa said:
You do know that people still have free will even if you criminalize an act right? It's like saying Antarctica doesn't exist if you make it illegal for people to acknowledge its existence.If I ever do however, I'd also want my partner and I to be romantically exclusive to each other.

A person wouldn't have free will if they were in a relationship with me.

Free will (n): The ability to act at one's own discretion.

i.e. you can't make it disappear. Unless you're planning to tie them up 24/7 or something, though I wouldn't put it past you.
Oct 4, 2019 2:42 PM
May 2016
I'm unsure. I think open relationships are superior, maybe, but I'm not sure... because I realize that I, too, am possessive, like everyone else...
Oct 4, 2019 2:53 PM

Mar 2019
Seiya said:
That's a difficult question to answer, but open relationships are even worse.
Then it's super simple to avoid your scheme: don't be a labelfag and simply say "But we're just friends who are having sex once in a while" and change nothing.

And that's exactly what everything related to "relationships" — including "open relationships" is: unadulterated labelfaggotry and that's why I can't take it seriously.

"relationship culture" is the trifle of the man who cares more about what to call something than what that thing is.

There's also the issue of "should infidelity be illegal?" — because if it's not then you can just say "We're not in an open relationship; we have strict rules against cheating; it just so happens that we constantly break these rules; but we're compassionate men of understanding and don't get angry about this... wink, wink." — it's all labelfaggotry and obsession with words, not their meaning.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Oct 4, 2019 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
If other people (not counting someone I was in a romantic/sexual relationship with) want to do it, it's none of my business...but I would never want to be in an open relationship. I wouldn't want the person I love having sex with random people. Most couples break up when that type of thing happens too, and it's because most people would feel betrayed.
Oct 4, 2019 4:16 PM

Jun 2019
I see no problem with it. If people agree with it out of their own volition it's up to them how their relationship works.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Oct 4, 2019 4:21 PM

Mar 2019
Bakchos said:
I see no problem with it. If people agree with it out of their own volition it's up to them how their relationship works.
I have more objections towards the man who makes an agreement that limits his freedom than the man that makes no such agreement.

Obviously I have very little respect for men who surrender their freedom for the prize of control of the freedom of other men. It's not even surrendering freedom for something tangible like money, food, shelter, entertainment, no — it's surrendering one's freedom for the prize of being able to take the freedom of another man, all the while claiming this is because one loves the latter.

The man who surrenders his freedoms I find hard to respect; the man who surrenders it for nothing more than to take it from others even less,

That having been said — the man so concerned with useless labelfaggotry I of course also have little respect for.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Oct 4, 2019 4:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
It's not something that sounds like it'd be good for me, but in general I've got no issues with them. Whatever makes them happy, it isn't going to affect my life any.

Boring. Seems to be the majority opinion in this thread.

HyperL said:
NOTHING. WRONG. WITH. IT.

Also, my god, bunch of authoritarians wanting to control people's lives in this thread.

Moralfags are a plague

Im westen nichts neues
ManabanOct 4, 2019 4:29 PM

Oct 4, 2019 4:28 PM

Jun 2019
Sphinxter said:
Bakchos said:
I have more objections towards the man who makes an agreement that limits his freedom than the man that makes no such agreement.

Obviously I have very little respect for men who surrender their freedom for the prize of control of the freedom of other men. It's not even surrendering freedom for something tangible like money, food, shelter, entertainment, no — it's surrendering one's freedom for the prize of being able to take the freedom of another man, all the while claiming this is because one loves the latter.

The man who surrenders his freedoms I find hard to respect; the man who surrenders it for nothing more than to take it from others even less,

That having been said — the man so concerned with useless labelfaggotry I of course also have little respect for.
I never felt romantically attracted to anyone, so I never took a man's freedom in such agreements. I'd rather go on with no relationships whatsoever. Even if I do not engage in such behaviors, the thread asks about the men that do and I entertained such possibilities for some fun.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Oct 4, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2019
Scud said:
They make me so angry my balls explode just thinking about them.

I actually cracked up at this comment.

Burnt_Cookie said:
Knowing myself, I'd prefer an open relationship over a monogamous one, and wouldn't settle for anything else. Unlike some people, I'd actually make it clear that I would want something like that at the start.

This has nothing to do with your comment but holy fuck that girl in your signature's position is hot. Can you imagine coming home and seeing your girlfriend laying in your bed in a miniskirt like that lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2019 5:28 PM

Feb 2019
I know people in long-term open relationships and I see how functional and healthy they can be. I'm not the jealous or the possessive type, which makes me think it could work out for me. I was never into one, but I'd be open (heh) to it if the possibility arose, but it's not something I'm seeking out though.
KosmonautOct 4, 2019 5:38 PM
Oct 4, 2019 5:36 PM

May 2014
They're not for me at all. If i had a partner i'd want them all to myself! >:3 Just thinking about someone i love going off with other girls makes me sad, so i'd never ever ever have an open relationship. I'd want it closed, just the two of us together.
Oct 4, 2019 6:03 PM

Aug 2017
It seems quite interesting, not sure if I'd be able to be in one though.
Oct 4, 2019 6:04 PM

Apr 2016
I guess everyone will have their own opinions and disagree on the basis of it. But I actually don't understand it at all. An open relationship is not a relationship at all imo. I just don't understand why you have to be together with someone, while seeking sex and thrill from other people. You can simply seek out all the thrill and sex without one, and with less headaches. To me it's just one of the most selfish behaviors ever. You don't NEED to be with someone, even if you have kids, if you're not getting what you want out of it.

A relationship to me is a commitment. A commitment that you are making with another person. If you're going to include a third party or several third parties, then it really loses that intimacy, it loses the factor of having something special with someone. It's kinda like "i'm just with you because I CAN'T walk away but I want to bang other people because you don't excite me anymore".

I don't really care what people do with lives, but for me it's more of a issue with finding the purpose of it. You can just be single if you want to not be tied down and seek "freedom".
Oct 4, 2019 6:14 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
There is virtually nobody who an open relationship would actually work for in the long term.
Oct 4, 2019 6:23 PM

Jan 2016
It depends on what you consider an open relationship. I have my hand in multiple women and have some form emotional connection with each one as they do with me. Them and I care for each other and if any of them ask for my help I'll help and vise versa. I go on dates with most of them and be genuinely intimate with them. Does that mean I'm in multiple open relationships? I wouldn't say so but maybe that's what you would call it

ps just in case. no, none of these women think im just with them and I dont expect them to just be with me.
Oct 4, 2019 6:31 PM

Feb 2019
if everyone involved is consenting, and they can make it work, then good for them!

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 4, 2019 6:36 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
It's the pinnacle of maturity that most people here are not ready for.

It works even better if only one of the participants is allowed to have multiple partners while the other stays loyal and supports their partner both morally and financially in their pursuit of pleasure and happiness with other people.
Oct 4, 2019 6:43 PM

Mar 2014
open relationship is okay-ish for me as long as it's not orgy. cuz i think it's a good thing to be able to emotionally connected with many people so we can understand each other better and prevent conflicts from happen.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Weirdest movie

spaceslut - Sep 18, 2022

33 by Hikinekomori »»
57 seconds ago

» Your Top 3 non-anime movies

60D - Mar 10, 2021

10 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you guys actually read the comments on the threads here

tsukareru - May 11

24 by Hikinekomori »»
8 minutes ago

» Whats's your favourite snack food?

Towaii7 - Mar 22

33 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - Today

30 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.