Forum Settings
Forums

what’s the youngest you could imagine being married?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2019 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe 25, but eeeh, weddings are so expensive and time-consuming, if you are looking in realistic way to it. It's supposed to be "the most beautiful day in your lifeTM", but every wedding I visited in the past was made to please the guests and not the couple. They felt so uncomfortable and the couples had been so stiff, because they worried the whole day about the organisation.

You don't have to marry or you don't have to spend thousands of euros on it and invite people you don't like or know well.
Being married per se (after the wedding) sounds romantic, but nothing changes. There are just financial advantages, also from the law, but we'll see.
removed-userSep 16, 2019 2:50 AM
Sep 16, 2019 3:34 AM

Jan 2016
24 years old and having a child around that age as well.
That's my ideal dream. I just want to see my child grow up and married- my family expanding...
Sep 16, 2019 7:20 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Weddings in Japan are extremely expensive. Throwing tens of thousands of US dollars for something like that seems like a waste to me personally. You'll need your own house as well which makes things even worse. Having kids is nearly impossible unless you have solid financial support from both families.

Still, I would love to get married if I meet the right person and can afford it financially. Come to think of it actually there might be some other problems though.

149597871Sep 16, 2019 7:25 AM
Sep 16, 2019 7:22 AM

Mar 2018
I've no plans on getting married in the future but if it comes to happen then it would probably be around the ages of 27-30.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2019 7:23 AM

Jun 2019
I see people get married at 20 and have happy marriages for their entire lives, so it's not that foreign to me. I wouldn't have minded had I been in a happy relationship at the time. Now I don't see it happening before 35 though.

Sep 16, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
I dunno man, I'm not particularly enthralled by the idea of being so committed to someone since I get tired just by being around people for a few hours. Almost got into a relationship with someone recently and it ended with me not speaking to him for months then blocking him so that's put me off trying to have another one for a good few years at least. Tbh society puts too much emphasis on marriage as a vital aspect of one's life when there are plenty of things you can also do to fill that spot, like have hobbies that you really enjoy, spend time with pets/family etc. Life shouldn't just be limited to this rigid, stale expectation of 'study hard, get a good job, get married, have kids, die', since there's so much more to it than that, yet many of us are constrained by the idea that we have to live a miserable, linear existence and get the so-called 'full experience' to be considered a valuable person.
currently: doing my best!

Sep 16, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
May consider once I cross 100, anything other than that is too soon for me.
Sep 16, 2019 11:31 AM

Jul 2019
Better never than late. All of the married couples i've known, mostly sooner than later, are no longer(if they ever were) happier than the "lonely" me. I fully agree that love is great and bla bla... i've had my share of it and it was fantastic. However, it's just not healthy. Because in the end it can never lives up to our f....d up expectations. The habit is whats left. Not that we shouldn't go for it, that's the most wonderful mistake you could ever make but getting married... for what purpose? Some sort of security or what is it i'm not getting. I guess we are just brainwashed, that's all
Sep 16, 2019 11:42 AM
Sep 2019
25 years old, i gues...I didn't ever thought of this

Sep 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Feb 2010
Lost_Viking said:
I don't see myself marrying at all unless they legalize polygamy and make catgirls real...

Nah I dont have time to get marri.....hmmm might reconsider. Can they make cephalopods girls instead?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 1:27 PM

Jul 2019
I could not handle the emotional comittment of a long term relationship or even marriage for the next years. Maybe when I get over my mental scars some day but for now I am busy being a narcissist.
Sep 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Mar 2019
Cynder360 said:
I dunno man, I'm not particularly enthralled by the idea of being so committed to someone since I get tired just by being around people for a few hours. Almost got into a relationship with someone recently and it ended with me not speaking to him for months then blocking him so that's put me off trying to have another one for a good few years at least. Tbh society puts too much emphasis on marriage as a vital aspect of one's life when there are plenty of things you can also do to fill that spot, like have hobbies that you really enjoy, spend time with pets/family etc. Life shouldn't just be limited to this rigid, stale expectation of 'study hard, get a good job, get married, have kids, die', since there's so much more to it than that, yet many of us are constrained by the idea that we have to live a miserable, linear existence and get the so-called 'full experience' to be considered a valuable person.

So love, an active sex life every day, family, and commitment is now "a miserable linear existence" in many people's eyes and they'd rather have some silly hobbies instead?

Gotta love progressive ideology, making people think the greatest thing in the world is a miserable linear existence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Ryuk9428 said:

So love, an active sex life every day, family, and commitment is now "a miserable linear existence" in many people's eyes and they'd rather have some silly hobbies instead?

Gotta love progressive ideology, making people think the greatest thing in the world is a miserable linear existence.

A lot of people are/feel forced into marriages they aren't happy in and vice versa, and I'm just saying that there are thing things other than marriage that can be just as important to some people. Though I realise calling it a 'miserable linear existence' was a bad way of putting it... maybe an 'expected norm that is looked down upon if not followed' is better.
currently: doing my best!

Sep 16, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2018
I'm probably getting married when I'm about to die
just to look into the person's face and say "all the inheritance goes to the cats"

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Sep 16, 2019 5:47 PM

Apr 2016
35 isn't young 35 is old. halfway from being dead if anything
Sep 16, 2019 5:56 PM

Feb 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
an active sex life every day
Not to go too much in-depth about all the rest you've said, you do know that most couples, specially married ones, don't have sex everyday, right? Numbers fluctuate from research from research, but it seems to be a pattern most married couples have sex, as an average on max, once a week.
Sep 16, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2018
Adorable how you think I’m going to get married

I don’t plan on it but it could happen
Sep 16, 2019 7:04 PM

Jun 2019
Will never marry or even enter a romantic relationship, so any age is too young for me.

If I had to say for the majority of society or the average person though, that would depend on culture and individual wants and circumstances, but I can't fathom how someone could ever consider it before their mid 20s at the earliest. Like 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23? It just seems so alien to me.

Even though I have no desire to ever get married or be in a relationship, getting married at that young an age is what seems more alien and off-putting and so removed from my way of navigating the world than even the marriage itself. When i see a person older than that age range (say, 25 and over) get married, I think "That's definitely not for me, but that's nice for them." But when it's a much younger person, my first thought is "I can't comprehend living in such a way." How do you "know yourself" before your brain stops developing? How are you so willing to surrender your autonomy and tie your entire existence and fate to another before you're even much of a full-fledged adult?

I guess I just don't get how anyone can really think they know what they want for the rest of their lives at like 20. I can understand and am a lot less uneasy about a 15 year-old choosing sex more than a 20 year-old choosing marriage.
WatchTillTandavaSep 16, 2019 7:14 PM
Sep 16, 2019 9:01 PM

Sep 2016
30s or mid 30s would probably be ideal.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Sep 16, 2019 9:26 PM

Sep 2019
i'm not really sure. i haven't thought about marriage, let alone really dating anyone long term. if i had to put a time on it though, i guess 27-30?

there are a lot of people who are getting married pretty early on, my ex included. he's twenty one and married right now. i guess to each their own? i just personally couldn't do it anytime soon.

when you're in love, it's nice. but...
it was when i stopped searching for a home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself.

i found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole.

Sep 16, 2019 11:08 PM

Aug 2014
12, i wish i could have got married as a teenager in the 1950s

penis lol
Sep 16, 2019 11:31 PM

Mar 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Ryuk9428 said:
an active sex life every day
Not to go too much in-depth about all the rest you've said, you do know that most couples, specially married ones, don't have sex everyday, right? Numbers fluctuate from research from research, but it seems to be a pattern most married couples have sex, as an average on max, once a week.

Once a week? That's pretty bad. The girls I have managed to get with, we'd do it four times in a row on the nights we saw each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2019 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
The youngest, eh? Probably around 30 years old. I would love to spend more time being free for myself tho. Marriage always results in a big hole in your wallet afterall.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 17, 2019 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
The youngest, eh? Probably around 30 years old. I would love to spend more time being free for myself tho. Marriage always results in a big hole in your wallet afterall.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 17, 2019 1:40 AM

Feb 2012
I wouldn't get married after early twenties, unless its strictly for finance and social credit. 30 is way too old to start a family.
Sep 17, 2019 3:37 AM

Feb 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
Kosmonaut said:

Once a week? That's pretty bad. The girls I have managed to get with, we'd do it four times in a row on the nights we saw each other.
Yeah, because at the beginning of a relationship that's quite common. There's that whole sense of novelty and what-not. But in long term relationships, the frequency of sex tends to decrease as the time together increases.
Sep 17, 2019 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
Early 30's. I'm 28 now and I've already seen what getting married almost straight out of high school/college has done to some of my classmates and it's not pretty.

Sep 17, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2016
I was actually engaged a couple years back but that ended :(
regardless I was too young for that anyway, and now I don't really see myself getting married until maybe 28 or early 30s probably the latter. Don't need to rush things.
Sep 17, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
26 maybe. If not, then older. It’ll come when it comes.
Sep 17, 2019 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
i am actually a very committed person when it comes to relationships, i love the idea of being with someone till the day we die, sounds very romantic to me.

i can see myself getting married from 24 onwards, marrying younger seems a bit silly to me, but mostly due to an home economics perspective

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Sep 17, 2019 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I almost got married at 15-16 so idk man
Sep 17, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Yeah, because at the beginning of a relationship that's quite common. There's that whole sense of novelty and what-not. But in long term relationships, the frequency of sex tends to decrease as the time together increases.

Yeah but I not only have a very high sex drive but also don't get bored of the same things very easily. I'm sure my interest will wane over time but not to once a week unless you're talking about me being in my 60s.
Sep 17, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2013
I personally would like to get married after I finish my master and working for a few years so late twenties ig

Sep 17, 2019 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
I used to think I would be cool with getting married around 25 or so but I am now 21 and haven't had a real relationship yet.
Also I have turned into quite an introvert, I only like being around certain people and that is only for a set few hours. Then I like to be alone majority of the time. Can't imagine constantly being with someone.

Another major downside of getting married to me is having kids. I don't like loud, screaming, and irritating kids. They also drain your bank account.

So I'd say at this point the youngest I could see myself being married is 28-30.
Sep 17, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2017
In the late twenties I suppose. Not before.
Sep 17, 2019 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
149597871 said:
Weddings in Japan are extremely expensive. Throwing tens of thousands of US dollars for something like that seems like a waste to me personally. You'll need your own house as well which makes things even worse. Having kids is nearly impossible unless you have solid financial support from both families.

Still, I would love to get married if I meet the right person and can afford it financially. Come to think of it actually there might be some other problems though.

dude you live in japan like permanently? can you speak fluent japanese? are you a english teacher there? you might marry your japanese student lol
Sep 17, 2019 7:38 PM

Feb 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
Kosmonaut said:

Yeah but I not only have a very high sex drive but also don't get bored of the same things very easily. I'm sure my interest will wane over time but not to once a week unless you're talking about me being in my 60s.
Props to you if you manage to keep on going for more than once a week on your 50s still lol.
Sep 17, 2019 8:14 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
heg said:
149597871 said:

dude you live in japan like permanently? can you speak fluent japanese? are you a english teacher there? you might marry your japanese student lol

No, I don't teach English. My English isn't good enough for that. Also most elite school/universities would probably prefer a native speaker for that job anyway.

My Japanese has been getting better and better recently although it's still light years away from being close to native level. I can express myself fairly easily as well as read the majority of common Kanji which can be considered fluent enough to live here. You have to be either a Japanese citizen or marry a Japanese person to be able to live here "permanently" I think.
Sep 17, 2019 8:17 PM

Jan 2009
@149597871

i see i thought you got citizenship there but knowing japan im sure its gonna be hard to get citizenship if you are not biological japanese like at least a hybrid or mixed race one
Sep 17, 2019 8:30 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
@heg

yea, it's not easy from what I've heard. I'm not sure if I even want it at this point either, you have to spend at least 5 years (maybe it was 10, 5 was in some special cases, I don't remember) living in Japan in order to be able to apply for a permanent resident visa anyway so I guess I still have some time to think. Renewing your visa every few years is much easier in comparison plus you don't have to deal with the downsides of being a permanent resident.
Sep 17, 2019 10:44 PM

Mar 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Props to you if you manage to keep on going for more than once a week on your 50s still lol.

Hey man, don't underestimate older people. The sex drive certainly goes down as you age but not as much as some people think. I was on a forum before this with a lot of older guys, many in their 50s, a decent bit in their 60s, and a few even in their 70s.

One guy who was 68 years old, claimed to be having sex 3-4 times a week and joked that it wasn't enough and his headaches were probably from not enough sex. Another guy was 64 and said something about how he could go 3 or 4 rounds of sex in a night and somebody else told him he was full of shit lol.

Another guy who was 73 though made a thread saying he managed to jerk off 3 times in one day and he couldn't believe he still had that in him at his age lol.

Another guy, I think was in his late 40s or early 50s, said something along the lines of "I thought I'd get tired as I got older but it turns out you never get tired of sleeping with beautiful young women."
Sep 20, 2019 12:34 AM

May 2012
Ryuk9428 said:

Being in a new-ish relationship is completely different than being married to the same person for the past 10 years or so. There's nothing weird or unusual about being able to bang four times a day when you've just gotten together with someone. But say you're still doing that after 10 years, now that'd be something.
Sep 20, 2019 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
i could be married at 12 years old, it it meant somebody actually desired and cared for me. unfortunately, it is likely i will remain a virgin, or i will only have sex in isolated instances, until i die.

i cant blame anybody. im a subhuman, i would be exterminated in hitlers reich. if women ruled the world, i would be in the first group to be marched towards the extermination camps, simply for being an undesirable male.
Sep 20, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2019
vikty said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Being in a new-ish relationship is completely different than being married to the same person for the past 10 years or so. There's nothing weird or unusual about being able to bang four times a day when you've just gotten together with someone. But say you're still doing that after 10 years, now that'd be something.

Probably not at that frequency for ten years. That would be seriously impressive even for me. Maybe once a day by ten years in lol.
Sep 20, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2012
Ryuk9428 said:

Probably not at that frequency for ten years. That would be seriously impressive even for me. Maybe once a day by ten years in lol.

Oh boi you'll be in for a surprise if you end up married for years......

Aw well, at least you're optimistic
Sep 20, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2019
vikty said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Oh boi you'll be in for a surprise if you end up married for years......

Aw well, at least you're optimistic

Okay fine...

Six times a week, exactly.
Sep 27, 2019 10:00 AM

May 2018
i have decided that i would have to be dating someone for a solid few years before marrying them. like 5-7 years, heck, i dont even know if i want to get married. if i do get married it'll be about at 28-33?? when i see people getting married in their early 20s i always find it like super shocking, but i guess its not my life and i shouldn't be so judgemental.
SeijatachiiiiSep 27, 2019 10:06 AM
Sep 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
I can't get married, I tend to get sick with my partner pretty fast.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 6 hours ago

19 by deg »»
1 minute ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

22 by tsukareru »»
6 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
35 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
36 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

315 by Lightskynight »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.