Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 7, 2019 1:02 AM
Feb 2019
Why is the moon red lol it reminded me of blood moon
Sep 7, 2019 1:06 AM

Sep 2016
I hate Niina and all of that, we all know this show has turnt to shit, but I'd like to talk about Momoko.
In a series about sexuality it's cool to have a gay character it makes sense, but they made it awful. Like she hates men out of nowhere? In this episode that guy was a total dick, I get that but he was pretty cool on the other episodes and she treated him like shit. C'mon are they really going for the "lesbians just hate guys"?
Gosh this is stupid and obnoxious.

Btw I thought the teacher and the short girl didn't do it at the end wtf are you telling me she's pregnant? This show has gotten ridicoulus.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning english.
Sep 7, 2019 1:33 AM

Nov 2013
HOLYYYY.. just when I thought everything was over and done with, they drop all these developments!!
Hongo getting spotted by Sonezaki,
Sugawara coming onto Izumi,
Izumi becoming distant to Kazusa because he had a reaction on the train,
Momo confessing..... and to top it all off,
Osone friend gets pregnant.

What an outstanding episode, my rating of Sugawara just went down a few points, and up a few points for Hongo.

p.s. Hongo's internal monologue when she didn't hit a red light was hilarious!
Sep 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Apr 2016
Sararia said:
Btw I thought the teacher and the short girl didn't do it at the end wtf are you telling me she's pregnant? This show has gotten ridicoulus.

The gyaru girl got prego not Hongou.
Sep 7, 2019 2:28 AM

Sep 2016
Swagernator said:
Sararia said:

The gyaru girl got prego not Hongou.

Ohhhh ok that makes more sense.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning english.
Sep 7, 2019 2:38 AM

Feb 2019
we all knew she was gay.
Sep 7, 2019 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
Mari Okada...wtf is this now?
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 7, 2019 3:35 AM

Jul 2016
Tons of people really hatin on this show and I honestly don't get why.

Everything is starting to come to a head, and for me, it all depends on how they handle the love square between Kazusa, Izumi, Niina and Momo. I don't think Niina is going to fall in love with Momo, honestly, but also I don't think she's gonna be successful in breaking up Kazusa and Momo.

Hongo's story arc is pretty much over now, I don't know where they could take it from here. As for Sonezaki, I don't know what they can really do about the pregnancy story, when they only have 2 episodes left, while doing the main drama at the same time. These last two episodes are gonna be dense, if nothing else.
Sep 7, 2019 3:38 AM

Oct 2017
Shit everythng just got messed up in one freaking episode damn it and looks it's gonna get more messy from here on out. I'm so worried about Sonezaki and Kazusa.
Sep 7, 2019 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
So, Juujo is dropping out because she didn't knew when to keep her legs together.
EXACTLY what I expected when she insulted Rika in 1st episode.

Sep 7, 2019 5:24 AM

Apr 2015
Unbelievable how consistently unlikeable Sonezaki is.

Sugimoto is a bit too much of a caricature. Thing is those kind of people do exist...

The from-top shot in the hotel room was very interesting aesthetically.

Maybe the Izumi-facepalm scene wouldn't have happened if the writer was a male heterosexual cos, well, it's so perfectly normal for them to feel that way...and it's clear for everyone!
Sep 7, 2019 5:24 AM
Jan 2017
Nextorl said:
also, FUCK that teacher at the end- who do you think you are to tell your students something personal about another student? what is wrong with you?!
did i miss this part or sth 'cause i don't remember this line. Can ya elaborate on who said that to who?
Sep 7, 2019 5:39 AM

Sep 2017
SHE LIKES GIRLS!! ahhhh i was never expecting to find this in this show im strangely happy. Although her emotions over her circumstances are totally normal,especially when a girl falls in love with her friend its hard to not blame ur self (personal experience here).
also....jujo got pregnant? again,TOTALLY not expected but i feel bad for her. its just teen hormones and wanting to experience why did is have to be her :(

I also want to mention that what the white haired girl (cant remember her name) did was basically sexual harassment and very manipulative wtf? gross
tookawaiiiSep 7, 2019 5:44 AM

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Sep 7, 2019 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
Sugawara really went, and offered herself as a "practice partner" like that. Izumi did the right thing, and rejected her, but then she went to that street and hoped some creep would harass her like before so she could do something she would most certainly regret later. I can't believe she put herself down like that, telling herself that she isn't attractive and all, but I guess we all have bad days.

And Sugimoto? Momoko was so right to not like him, calling her a bitch out of nowhere, and threatening her with the cram school? Really? Detestable fellow to say the least, and I hope he won't bother her anymore. She also worked up the courage and confessed her love to Sugawara after realizing how she felt. But it was a really bad moment, Sugawara didn't even know what to say, and now Momoko thinks she has ruined everything.

Then Hongou, who desperately wanted to leave her mark on Milo-sensei. I found it funny though, how her plan for the red traffic light didn't work, and how he got the cheapest room. xD But as expected, nothing happened, but I Sonezaki and Amagi might think something did. I was thinking to myself that Sonezaki was the really lucky one here, and I guess she is when it comes to love, but her new friend went and dropped out of school because she got pregnant. I hope they treat this plot point with tact, the judgment is inevitable, but I hope Sonezaki will show some support to her.
Sep 7, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2018
Just glad that Sugawara's plan fails. Sonezaki's part was okay though, nothing particular happens other than chasing Hongo and Milo-sensei, still a cute couple. On Hongo's part, glad nothing bad happens. Momo' part was uh... kinda annoying. Mostly the important part of this episode is about ruining friendships, like how Momo and Sugawara did. If Izumi really did change, I dont know what to think about this series, this is full of betrayal.

Sep 7, 2019 6:31 AM
Jan 2014
EternalAce said:
Nextorl said:
also, FUCK that teacher at the end- who do you think you are to tell your students something personal about another student? what is wrong with you?!
did i miss this part or sth 'cause i don't remember this line. Can ya elaborate on who said that to who?

the teacher at Sonezaki's class told the whole class Jujo dropped out of school due to getting pregnant. he specifically said the teachers considered not telling her reason, but then went "fuck it maybe it will help you not make the same mistake as her so here's why"

we do not know if it's even a mistake on Jujo's part, and what actually happened there.
Sep 7, 2019 6:37 AM
Aug 2018
Honestly im so pissed lmao. I already disliked niina and i now dislike her even more now. As for momoko i think she could have handled the situation so much better like calm down honey i know u r confused but chill.
Sep 7, 2019 6:43 AM

Jan 2018
Hongo's story is the most interesting onw here. even if I'm not a fan of a student-teacher realationship, their story is the best of the others.

anyways, HOW THE FUCK DID JUUJO GET PREGNANT WHAT
Sep 7, 2019 7:59 AM
Dec 2015
Autumn said:
this ep felt like 2 minutes long, nothing interesting really happened IMO

Fuyune said:

The song sounds familiar, but I can't really seem to remember the title.

Anybody knows? Thank you.

also wondering this

tell me if i'm wrong, but i think is this one "Chain Gang" by The Blue Hearts
Sep 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
Niina is a much more interesting character than a typical childhood friend though. I felt sad for her.
Sep 7, 2019 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
KlinyKlinn said:
anyways, HOW THE FUCK DID JUUJO GET PREGNANT WHAT

I mean .. like, you know when mr. bee meets ms. bee and they kinda .. you know like, uhhh.
Sep 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2016
Kurgo said:
They need to revise their sound design, the moment when

tbf, i wouldn't be surprised if they chose the sound based off what hongo would think pussy sounds like.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 7, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2016
aqexpredator said:

I understand Momoko was feeling emotional after what the guy said to her, but her call with Sugawara to tell her "I love you" came out of nowhere and just seemed like it was done for the sake of more drama.

NO, it never came out of nowhere. It has been bulit up since she regrets for having date with the a-hole. After that her mindset become something like this

That time, it's not a strong proof where the story will go into Yuri route. But I don't think the author need to make Momo said this for nothing. And the fact Sugawara is the girl she admire the most....
After that, she tried to dump the a-hole when the school festival arc and then try to comfort Sugawara. U can watch eps 9 again, Momo comfort Sugiwara and said, "You don't need to break our friendship for the sake having Izumi. U won't regret to choose for our friendship instead him". And Sugawara replied, "But u can't have sex with your friend right?". U can see how her reaction was potrayed. And the next day when Momo chat with Kazusa, she just denied the fact Sugawara were trying to steal Kazusa's new bf. U can see her expression isn't for someone who try to keep her friendship, but for someone who is jealous. There you have the yuri route flag.

aqexpredator said:
Speaking of Sugawara, she has become the most unlikable character in this show. Incredibly self-centered and pitying herself at every turn when she is aware that she is responsible for the discourse in Kazusa and Izumi's relationship after she manipulated him into touching her up. Of course he, a teenager, would get an erection, was that meant to be a sharp jab at him?

Fucking yes! First he is a virgin, second he just has his first gf, third you can see how much he regret and calling his gf for the sake of easing his regret, fourth he is a good guy, way too good to the point he afraid of hurting others's feeling. This is not just about he got boner, it's about how his feeling and commitment to Kazusa right now. The question is, which route the author bring this conflict to?
A. He forgive himself and try to have healthy love relationship with Kazusa or whatever it is going to be (please make it to this route)
B. He think he love Sugawara more than Kazusa. And yeah NTR ending. I hate when the best girl lose. The funny fact, Kazusa family name is "Onodera", the same name of the losing best girl from another series. Just please don't make it worse than Nisekoi.
C. He run away. He'll think he doesn't really love Kazusa but at the same time he don't want to hurt her more by dating her best friend. Yeah, small chance this is going to happen.
D. Who knows...

aqexpredator said:
Hongo and Milo's relationship is becoming more and more contrived and painful to watch. "Why aren't you hard? Because I'm not attractive?" No. He specifically said he wasn't into school girls much earlier on in the series and we've seen no indication of this changing.

Painful? It's funny as hell and end up to proper end of their arc. I give applause to the sensei for comforting Hongo by saying he is loser. Man, this guy just throw his pride to end the stupid (yet funny) psychological war.

aqexpredator said:
And what was with that "plot twist" at the end? It was completely unfounded and it's obviously implemented to make Sonezaki suspicious and cold to her boyfriend once again for drama- just as the only decent relationship left was developing!

tbh i think it's going to be more interesting for the last 3 eps full of conflict rather having Kazusa and Izumi develop their awkwarfd realtionship which is potentially become dissapointing anticlimax. In fact the twist of their relationship is pretty much feel real. Why? C'mon there are so many people that have their first relationship start cracking and potentially break up in the end. That could happen to Sonezaki too.
DikicchiSep 7, 2019 10:31 PM
Sep 7, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
Holy damn crap ! I knew after episode 8 that all these bright events would soon be tainted in black... episode 9 made the first step and now this week's episode broke everything positive.

It was the real drama episode, from the start to the very end (I didn't expect the pregnancy for a single second).

Sep 7, 2019 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
I though izumi will fall for niina tricks
Sep 7, 2019 11:50 AM
Apr 2014
holy shit what the fuck happened here everything is so complicated now

good things that happened in this episode
- momoko finally realizing her feelings and standing up for herself
- the teacher not feeling anything for a student (thank god, but it's still weird how he leads her on)
- rika sonezaki being cute with her bf amagi (the purest relationship in this show)

bad things
- where do i begin? firstly that train scene was so shocking, i mean i really liked niina in the beginning because she had more to offer than what was on the surface, but now while i get that she is experimenting with her feelings, i'm not sure if this is the best way to handle them, by cheering on your friend then touching her boyfriend behind her back.
- izumi should know how to seperate lust from love. idk what he thinks of niina but what she did to him was him being horny and it does not equal to him loving her all of a sudden. i mean it's basically sexual harrassment, and if the gender roles switched it would look more problematic than it already is.
- the scenes where hitoha tries to find ways to arose the teacher are really uncomfortable to me mainly bc of the teacher/student relationship but also how extra it seems to be. i mean i think that teenagers do have that kind of wild mindset when first introduced to sex and whatnot, but the advances she tries to make are just too much. he's a teacher and he's allowing her to do this to him? hmm
- (also while i'm at it let's just trash on the pedo guy that keeps influencing niina to do bad things. fuck him. their relationship is gross af.)

i'm not sure if the drama makes the series better or worse, but for now we can't judge anything till it's finished. i hope it ends well.
Sep 7, 2019 12:29 PM
Apr 2018
I watched this episode with a straight face. But deep inside i'm dying to smash the fuck out of my computer.

Reading the manga. Watching the anime. It's like getting killed twice.
Sep 7, 2019 1:15 PM
Sep 2011
Uhh. Hmm.. Hm.. Uh... I think there's too much going on. And there are only 2 episodes left.
Sep 7, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
meh i remained pretty unfazed. pregnancy, complicated love affairs, boy meets girl? ain't no youth seen what i have. better take the baguette before le lil prince boy be like char aznable initiating a colony drop on sidney. then bamm! metaphorically speaking of course. but i'm sure y'all getting my drift coz it better be no mere child's yest. i say two more episodes left. add 1+1 and you get two. ohoho! see where i'm going with that?!
Sep 7, 2019 3:17 PM

Aug 2014
Yep, best episode so far, so many important scenes one after the other. I really liked Hongo sequence, it was really well written, and it probably had the best conclusion it could. Sonezaki and Amagi following them was nice in it's own way.

Now, for the other 3 club members, I've already started to feel bad for Kasuza, at the end of the previous episode I thought Sugawara would come to her senses and avoid going any further with Izumi, but she kept trying to seduce him. And goddamit Izumi, good for him to refuse at first, but then it shows he actually regretted not getting laid with her? Well, with two episiodes left, I'm not expecting everything to fall apart because there would be no time to fix it, but lets see what happens..

I guess everyone knew Momoko would be going yuri, but I was surprised she had the courage to confess right after she acknowledged her feelings. I wasn't expecting yuri in this anime at all, so I hope it ends up going well for her and Sugawara, though the chances of her being rejected are also high.
Sep 7, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
I definitely didn't expect someone to get pregnant in this Anime, and it's not even one of the main girls. About that, don't think you can just give out information like that without the party involved agreed to it? Oh well..

Seeing Kazusa being embarrassed picking new underwear was pretty adorable, but I have a bad feeling about her relationship with Izumi as long as Sugawara is still wandering around. Really hate what Sugawara's character is becoming.
Sep 7, 2019 4:42 PM
Jun 2019
i loved this epsiode, was full of drama, great development, in hongo y momoko part, finally a pleasent conclusion of all that weird teacher student situation, and momoko finally understanding this confusion and confessed, the consequences of the fucked up childhood of sugawara is coming to surface, sonezaki is the only girl with no serious problems..... LOVING THIS ANIME BEST OF THE SEASON TO ME

ps: sorry my english i'm a spanish speaker
Sep 7, 2019 5:57 PM

Nov 2015
pls no, what's with you Okada-sensei?

this is going full NTR mode, the amount of spice is becoming too much for me
Sep 7, 2019 6:23 PM
May 2017
Really like where all these "relationship issues" are going.
Sep 7, 2019 6:26 PM
Jun 2019
Izumi and Sugawara best couple ;)
Sep 7, 2019 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
amperevenon said:
Man, i hope momo dies from AIDS. I said it before she is a lesbian but is written as an asshole man-hater.

This series went from a realistic drama to an over dramatic, laughable unrealistic show.

Is it legal to disclose a students pregnancy without their permission?

Kazusa had another drug addicts rant on sex.

>This series went from a realistic drama to an over dramatic, laughable unrealistic show.

What is for you an over dramatic drama? The show is realistic for show the contrast of sex and love in different ways, literally AraOto shows in multiple time that the bad things that happens to the main cast are negative for their lives.

The Momoko arc was in development since she knows that Kazusa is in love with Izumi, and she slowly gains a relevant plot paper. Her acts had justification when an asshole call her a bitch and force her to do things that she don't like.

The acts of Sugawara was influenced by a pedophile, and she had an internal conflict before and after the Momoko call to think what is happen with her actions.

And in the very last minute, the show, show us the consequence of living a live with excess in the sex without being preachy, the consequence is "JiJo is pregnant".

How can all of this being unrealistic with the situation of teenagers in our days, with early pregnancies and a high number of venereal diseases?

>Is it legal to disclose a students pregnancy without their permission?

Yes, at least in my country, that is show for prevent pregnancy in early ages, that happens in a lot of countries in the world.

>Kazusa had another drug addicts rant on sex.

Dude, is like you never had discovered and individual sexuality. When you discover your sexuality is totally normal have a giant quantity of libido and want to know more about the sexual world.

The hate that this series had is ridiculous, don't have any sense for a series that have 7 tridimensional characters with a character arc in only 10 episodes that show a sexual-love message without being preachy and showing their consequence.

8/10.
Sep 7, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
nazsa said:
Way too much drama in this episode. Feeling suffocated.
Momoko going lesbo was predictable imo.
Sugawara is getting to be less likable with each episode. OBVIOUSLY Izumi would have a boner, he isn't homosexual (like someone we know).
Izumi and Senpai are the only slightly likable characters at this point. Kazusa is boring, but ok.
Feels like School Days and Kuzu no Honkai had an offspring.

Like most other modern anime, it's taking a nosedive after a promising start. Sighs...

>Way too much drama in this episode. Feeling suffocated.
Momoko going lesbo was predictable imo.

Implying that Drama is bad.

>Momoko going lesbo was predictable imo.

Yes and? Doesn't matters if the message and the argument is well developed.

>Sugawara is getting to be less likable with each episode. OBVIOUSLY Izumi would have a boner, he isn't homosexual (like someone we know).

Why you show this as a bad point to prove (badly) that AraOto is bad? Literally the series show that this actions are bad, and this release the character arc of Izumi.

>Izumi and Senpai are the only slightly likable characters at this point. Kazusa is boring, but ok.

This is a subjetive opinion, not a Fact, literally 7 characters are tridimensional, if you don't like it, isn't an argument for make the series bad.

>Feels like School Days and Kuzu no Honkai had an offspring.

Implying that School Days had a character development or any argument in his plot lol, literally the only relevant thing on school days is the forced twist in the end without sense.

>Like most other modern anime, it's taking a nosedive after a promising start. Sighs...

Pretty pseudo-snob edgy opinion and without any narrative analysis.
Sep 7, 2019 6:53 PM

Feb 2014
I think we are all agree that Momo is somewhat useless character in this show. Also a bit bothersome.
Sep 7, 2019 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
aqexpredator said:
What happened to this show? From the first couple of episodes I had incredibly high hopes and now it's turned into this needlessly melodramatic piece with characters about as self-respecting as the cast in School Days.

I understand Momoko was feeling emotional after what the guy said to her, but her call with Sugawara to tell her "I love you" came out of nowhere and just seemed like it was done for the sake of more drama.

Speaking of Sugawara, she has become the most unlikable character in this show. Incredibly self-centered and pitying herself at every turn when she is aware that she is responsible for the discourse in Kazusa and Izumi's relationship after she manipulated him into touching her up. Of course he, a teenager, would get an erection, was that meant to be a sharp jab at him?

Hongo and Milo's relationship is becoming more and more contrived and painful to watch. "Why aren't you hard? Because I'm not attractive?" No. He specifically said he wasn't into school girls much earlier on in the series and we've seen no indication of this changing.

And what was with that "plot twist" at the end? It was completely unfounded and it's obviously implemented to make Sonezaki suspicious and cold to her boyfriend once again for drama- just as the only decent relationship left was developing!

The art quality has also continued to decline. It was most notable in the scene where Momoko and the guy were talking, with the facial features being very minimal.

At least there's only two episodes left. This series took a deep nosedive in my opinion, and I'm happy to see it end.

>What happened to this show? From the first couple of episodes I had incredibly high hopes and now it's turned into this needlessly melodramatic piece with characters about as self-respecting as the cast in School Days.

But the show had nothing to do with School Days lol, School Days don't had ANY character development, argument, or a world vision to show to us, is literally a flat show with a forced twist. Is like you only see the show from the surface and never analysed any relevant point that AraOto show to us.

>I understand Momoko was feeling emotional after what the guy said to her, but her call with Sugawara to tell her "I love you" came out of nowhere and just seemed like it was done for the sake of more drama.

Yes and? Implying the drama is bad, the drama was created in the old history for make a plot interesting and showing us the consequence of our acts or a different vision of the world. Since when the drama is a bad thing?}

>Speaking of Sugawara, she has become the most unlikable character in this show. Incredibly self-centered and pitying herself at every turn when she is aware that she is responsible for the discourse in Kazusa and Izumi's relationship after she manipulated him into touching her up. Of course he, a teenager, would get an erection, was that meant to be a sharp jab at him?

When the anime show to us that Niina actions are good? Literally the actions happens for make a character arc, and thats make Niina a tridimensional character, with emotions, motivations, and mistakes that release her character arc.

Yes and? The love isn't a robotic thing, you don't give up even if the person that you like tell to you that he don't like you o don't like how you are for any reason. That's precisely the argument, the tesis that the plot shows, the love and sexuality.

>And what was with that "plot twist" at the end? It was completely unfounded and it's obviously implemented to make Sonezaki suspicious and cold to her boyfriend once again for drama- just as the only decent relationship left was developing!

Unfounded by what, is like you never watched the show, the tesis and message of the show is the discovery, development and analysis of sexuality and love, since when the early pregnancy is a unrealistic thing without correlation with the show? Precisely Sonezaki isn't a mary sue, isn't a perfect character that know everything and commit mistakes because she don't know how the sexuality is, and that make her a great character, and thats make your opinion without any sense and argument.
Sep 7, 2019 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
okada overdrive i could hardly breathe with the amount of drama bombs happening

damn Sugawara you were the chosen one but ended up being the fakest one
Sep 7, 2019 7:13 PM

Jan 2018
shimada_m said:
I think we are all agree that Momo is somewhat useless character in this show. Also a bit bothersome.

no u.
She's good and the only wrong thing is that she didn't had enough time to develop until now. It's a well done representation of the fact that homosexual people often loathe themselves and don't have all things easy (Niina didn't knew what to do when Momo confessed to her, and it's highly probable that she'll reject her).
Sep 7, 2019 7:32 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, i don't even know what to say at this point... That was another incredible episode!

Holy shit, this story is NOT pulling any punches, plus that after-credits, goddamn!

I'd say Momo is Niina's key to salvation. Momoko is so pure-hearted, and Niina just got punched in the face with it, didn't know how to handle it at all!

...Ugh, more reactionary dimwits flooding this thread, expected but sad.

aqexpredator said:
more contrived and painful to watch. "Why aren't you hard? Because I'm not attractive?" No. He specifically said he wasn't into school girls much earlier on in the series and we've seen no indication of this changing.
You must not get out much.. Reality is like a cringy cliche shitty story... These things actually happen, quite often, and that's the point.

DarknessReality said:
Ok I swear if they ruin this beautiful couple that is Kazusa X Izumi Im gonna be pissed.
Same

DarknessReality said:
Well it seems everything is going to shit, we get the yuri reveal yey. To be honest I could see that relationship working out.
Niina needs it.

DarknessReality said:
I swear if they reveal that Izumi doesn't actually like Kazusa its gonna ruin it, the buildup, the previously amazing scenes, the confessions, the uniqueness of this series with it actually showing couples being together.
My guess is that Izumi is going to have to spend some time learning the difference between sex and love. He is likely to make mistakes at this rate, but he'd most likely be back with Kazusa in the end.

DarknessReality said:
Also a lot of this seems forced. I've always viewed this series as a comedy which it does brilliantly. But with this turn of events I wont even be able to enjoy it like that anymore. The Kazusa underwear thing was hilarious though. Still keeping the enjoyment of the series as always Kazusa.
I didn't get the impression of this at all. While it may be a hyperbolic clusterfuck of improbable chaos, everything thus far has followed clear logical threads, and is continuing them towards whatever the conclusion will be. The moral of the story throughout it's entire runtime so far has been about learning sexuality, getting through it, understanding the importance of love and friendship despite sex, etc. Unless it is to flip on it's head later, i see all of this massive buildup of dramatic tension will eventually climax and resolve. Though i can't say if that will be able to happen within 2 episodes. This might need a second season.

The story is crazy because it's being used to convey as many thoughts on relationship issues revolving around the discovering of individual sexuality as possible into the most confined and exciting story. It's crazy because it's attempting to cover as many bases as it can all at once; like a thesis and paper, in artistic anecdotal form.

A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
Tons of people really hatin on this show and I honestly don't get why.
Because they're dim-witted, extremely reactionary and too cynical and/or SJW-minded. Most of the people hating on it have shown they don't understand the story or it's rather clear messages.

People don't like taboos, even though in reality we can't avoid them, they come for us regardless of what we think or believe.

CeddyyBearr said:
I definitely didn't expect someone to get pregnant in this Anime, and it's not even one of the main girls. About that, don't think you can just give out information like that without the party involved agreed to it? Oh well.
Needs to be done for the purpose of the story. It's meant to be like an entertaining youth handbook on identity and relationships; a quasi-educational tool.

@Zaygatari lots of appreciated accurate statements, helps when i'm not the only one trying to explain stuff that isn't even hard to get. I honestly didn't think much about legality of sharing the pregnancy thing, i'm not sure if it's legal in japan or not, but as i said in the quote just above, it was necessary either way for the story to tell what it wants to tell with these characters, and the potential consequences of actions. If you fill the gyaru trope to it's conclusion, you are likely to get pregnant thinking you can just have sex all you want and nothing come of it, especially if you don't know howto manage your pregnancy pills and use condoms etc.
GenesisAriaSep 7, 2019 7:44 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 7, 2019 7:56 PM

Aug 2018
Zaygatari said:
amperevenon said:
Man, i hope momo dies from AIDS. I said it before she is a lesbian but is written as an asshole man-hater.

This series went from a realistic drama to an over dramatic, laughable unrealistic show.

Is it legal to disclose a students pregnancy without their permission?

Kazusa had another drug addicts rant on sex.

>This series went from a realistic drama to an over dramatic, laughable unrealistic show.

What is for you an over dramatic drama? The show is realistic for show the contrast of sex and love in different ways, literally AraOto shows in multiple time that the bad things that happens to the main cast are negative for their lives.

The Momoko arc was in development since she knows that Kazusa is in love with Izumi, and she slowly gains a relevant plot paper. Her acts had justification when an asshole call her a bitch and force her to do things that she don't like.

The acts of Sugawara was influenced by a pedophile, and she had an internal conflict before and after the Momoko call to think what is happen with her actions.

And in the very last minute, the show, show us the consequence of living a live with excess in the sex without being preachy, the consequence is "JiJo is pregnant".

How can all of this being unrealistic with the situation of teenagers in our days, with early pregnancies and a high number of venereal diseases?

>Is it legal to disclose a students pregnancy without their permission?

Yes, at least in my country, that is show for prevent pregnancy in early ages, that happens in a lot of countries in the world.

>Kazusa had another drug addicts rant on sex.

Dude, is like you never had discovered and individual sexuality. When you discover your sexuality is totally normal have a giant quantity of libido and want to know more about the sexual world.

The hate that this series had is ridiculous, don't have any sense for a series that have 7 tridimensional characters with a character arc in only 10 episodes that show a sexual-love message without being preachy and showing their consequence.

8/10.

You made a lot of assumptions about my reasons for my statements. What you should have done was ask me to elaborate not put words in my mouth.

>What is for you an over dramatic drama? The show is realistic for show the contrast of sex and love in different ways, literally AraOto shows in multiple time that the bad things that happens to the main cast are negative for their lives.

It is over dramatic and unrealistic because of the approach/execution to of situation.The show is over dramatic because too many issues are blown out of proportion. Every two seconds someone cries. This episode, hitoha broke down in tears over not giving him a boner (feeling unsexy), first episode kazusa cried after seeing izumi masturbate (shy about sex), momo cries out from being touch by a man (cuz she a bitch), sonezaki overreacts to everything which started off intentionally until you had legit scenes that were to be taken seriously like the bonfire. Dude grabs her talking bout it was the happiest day of his life. What teen talks like that? Don't use this cheap excuse bout teenage girls cry a lot. The excuse bad teen novel writers use to create garbage like the melodrama trash like Twilight. The scenes were exaggerated.

>The Momoko arc was in development since she knows that Kazusa is in love with Izumi, and she slowly gains a relevant plot paper. Her acts had justification when an asshole call her a bitch and force her to do things that she don't like.

What!? Dial it back. Momo was a bitch before this episode. Don't you remember the date where the guy paid a little more on the bill, then told her he was sorry for being insensitive about her family life, then introduced her to his friends whom she was rude to. The guy had a bit of an ego and trying too hard to be friendly but never enough to warrant the level of disgust she displayed. It is like the writers realized momo's disgust wasn't justified and decide to make the guy a douche out of the blue this episode to please themselves. Momo is a bitch that deserves super AIDS.

> Suga, blah,blah, pedo,blah,blah, Preggo city, blah,blah, realism.

I will give you that the suga story was realistic but did you forget the other stories drenched in over-emotion? You pick one instance of realism and grade the series off that. The Preggo thing isn't a prime example of realism. It is a consequence of sex but teenage pregnancy become realistic in execution. We have to see how they handle that story to deem it realistic. Dragonball has its characters die but that doesn't make the show realistic because of how they execute the theme of death (badly).

>Dude, is like you never had discovered and individual sexuality. When you discover your sexuality is totally normal have a giant quantity of libido and want to know more about the sexual world.

Never said Kazusa rant on sex was bad, it was one of the major things a got from the episode so i put it in my comment. You assume everything i say is bad, you're oversensitive which is why you like this show so much. I will admit the chicks rant on boobs was too weird. You have curiosity about about sex then you have just plain crazy melodrama sex addict which a got from that past scene.

>The hate that this series had is ridiculous, don't have any sense for a series that have 7 tridimensional characters with a character arc in only 10 episodes that show a sexual-love message without being preachy and showing their consequence.

A wise man said "a sign of a fool is when someone arbitrarily thinks a disagreement comes from a place of hate." Just because i don't like it as much as you does not mean i hate it.

The show is incredibly preachy. You picked the two instances in which it wasn't and used that to judge the writing of the entire show. Sonezaki's story is a shining example of telling rather than showing. She keeps announcing to the audience what is happening and what is to be interpreted. Same goes for Hitoha and Kazusa's stories (tho not to the same extent). Each of those three character's stories were more potent throughout the story. Their arcs were exposition filled, suga and momo story was a mere dip even in the 7 vol manga ongoing. You can't judge a show writing by its few good points of subtlety.

6 or 7/10.
amperevenonSep 7, 2019 8:00 PM
Sep 7, 2019 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
@amperevenon
I think you are missing a critical factor that is pretty much what defines fiction - it is a story BECAUSE it's unusual or unlikely etc. It's interesting because it's not 1:1 replica of reality. If it was just a recording of life events with normal probability, there wouldn't be much of a story.

As i said, the point of this is to give an anecdotal context in which to address as many subjects as possible while weaving it into an exciting spicy story.

It's highly unlikely for this much chaos to accumulate in such close proximity, but that is not the point, the point it to convey many individual ideas that can be understood in context, and be individually relatable, as well as potentially be learned from or at the very least give some comfort in knowing it's not just them.

Fiction is an art form, and art is a language for sharing thoughts and ideas in a different and more engaging context where we can think of them in different ways. It's actually a very effective method of teaching and learning, as well as conversation.
GenesisAriaSep 7, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 7, 2019 8:20 PM

Aug 2018
GenesisAria said:
@amperevenon
I think you are missing a critical factor that is pretty much what defines fiction - it is a story BECAUSE it's unusual or unlikely etc. It's interesting because it's not 1:1 replica of reality. If it was just a recording of life events with normal probability, there wouldn't be much of a story.

As i said, the point of this is to give an anecdotal context in which to address as many subjects as possible while weaving it into an exciting spicy story.

It's highly unlikely for this much chaos to accumulate in such close proximity, but that is not the point, the point it to convey many individual ideas that can be understood in context, and be individually relatable, as well as potentially be learned from or at the very least give some comfort in knowing it's not just them.

Wait? You're saying that fiction will never be real? It can only be a free imitation? Wow, so profound.

Of course i know that Elon Musk! I am grading it on how it executes scenarios not whether or not it is 1:1 with reality. Situational realism. I know the show can be purposely goofy! The show ruins execution only succeeding with the Suga and Steve jobs story line. The scenes are blown out of proportion. It is hard to relate to characters that are this over dramatic. It just comes off as laughable rather than subtle, which does the ideas it attemps to explore no favor. Subtlety, which the guy i was talking to claimed the series had.
amperevenonSep 7, 2019 8:41 PM
Sep 7, 2019 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
amperevenon said:
. . .

It is over dramatic and unrealistic because of the approach/execution to of situation.The show is over dramatic because too many issues are blown out of proportion. Every two seconds someone cries.

. . .

Never said Kazusa rant on sex was bad, it was one of the major things a got from the episode so i put it in my comment. You assume everything i say is bad, you're oversensitive which is why you like this show so much. I will admit the chicks rant on boobs was too weird. You have curiosity about about sex then you have just plain crazy melodrama sex addict which a got from that past scene.

. . .

The show is incredibly preachy.
. . .
Japanese are far more emotional than your average western dullard, and that's no exaggeration. JP are like star trek vulcans, they have to work hard on logic and emotional compensation and stuff else their extreme emotions will rampage. Study their society and problems and, oh i dunno, a certain recent tragedy, and you will see the proof.

And again, thinking "sex addict" nonsense... You underestimate the horniness of teenagers once they start getting interested... It's society that tends to oppress them, or loss of interest due to being expected to work ass off studying and not paying attention to opposite sex. This is especially problematic in a country like japan with high social oppression due to conformity, that when people deviate from the norm, it tends to be rather dramatically due to an overcompensation. When i was in middleschool we were always talking about how bad we wanted to get sex, but "not allowed".

It's not preachy, it's conclusions with examples through the opinion of the author. As with any story it's "here is what i think, have a read and see what you think."

-----
amperevenon said:
. . .
Situational realism.
. . .

Nothing in this show has been unrealistic within the given context, your claim here is baseless. The only unrealism is the density and likelihood of this scale of drama happening. Do not misunderstand, considering each individual case of drama, the proportion of them CAN and DO happen to that extent, it's just not the average level of drama. Given circumstances everything follows a very precise path of emotions which can be logically mapped out and understood. I also have the impression you are male, which also means you are likely not particularly familiar with female psychology (and probably never dated much if at all).
(It's not hard to make a normal japanese girl cry just fyi, gotta be gentle)

ps: sorry i edit a lot
GenesisAriaSep 7, 2019 8:39 PM

Sep 7, 2019 8:39 PM

Aug 2018
GenesisAria said:
amperevenon said:
. . .

It is over dramatic and unrealistic because of the approach/execution to of situation.The show is over dramatic because too many issues are blown out of proportion. Every two seconds someone cries.

. . .

. . .

The show is incredibly preachy.
. . .
Japanese are far more emotional than your average western dullard, and that's no exaggeration. JP are like star trek vulcans, they have to work hard on logic and compensation and stuff else their extreme emotions will rampage. Study their society and problems and, oh i dunno, a certain recent tragedy, and you will see the proof.

And again, thinking "sex addict" nonsense... You underestimate the horniness of teenagers once they start getting interested... It's society that tends to oppress them, or loss of interest due to being expected to work ass off studying and not paying attention to opposite sex. This is especially problematic in a country like japan with high social oppression due to conformity, that when people deviate from the norm, it tends to be rather dramatically due to an overcompensation.

It's not preachy, it's conclusions with examples through the opinion of the author. As with any story it's "here is what i think, have a read and see what you think."

Won't argue you on the japanese being different part. Always thought the japanese were human like other westerners but according to you we are slow, stupid people unlike the japanese. To be honest that is racist for you to say westerners are slow and stupid compared to the japanese. Don't have to nerd out on me with Star Trek trivia to say it.

Read my comments again. Never said it was bad for a teen to be addicted to the idea of sex, just said the boobs rant was weird and overdone. Believe IT or not i was a horny teen. What?You that i was a mark zuckerbot?

It is preachy, The characters are telling you exactly what to see and interpret, it has little subtlety and tonnes of exposition into how they feel rather than leaving the audience to arrive at their own conclusion. It is lazy, preachy writing.
Sep 7, 2019 8:46 PM

Dec 2009
amperevenon said:
Won't argue you on the japanese being different part. Always thought the japanese were human like other westerners but according to you we are slow, stupid people unlike the japanese. To be honest that is racist for you to say westerners are slow and stupid compared to the japanese. Don't have to nerd out on me with Star Trek trivia to say it.
Way over-shot extreme misunderstanding there. Japanese society is extremely oppressive, western society promotes apathy. These are cultural differences, it has NOTHING to do with race. That said we could argue about the objectivity of average intelligence based on culture too, but that was not my intention. It was just an easy example of a parallel - culturally everyone is expected to be and act and live a certain way, and whenever there is a moment's break from it it can cause an explosion of contrary behaviour... Why do you think there's so much weird shit in japan, and so many random weird people and behaviours... just look at Harajuku, that is hugely counter-cultural.

amperevenon said:
just said the boobs rant was weird and overdone.
It was a bit lengthly, but that was the choice of the author for the personality of the character to have an internalized comedic semi-cringy overdone liberation. Man people are still going on about that? How narrow can you get? It was KAZUSA's derpy overly pure character, and Mari Okada's mind that made that. It's HER story, not YOURS. Kazusa was never obsessed with boobs, she was, in a very cingy way, accepting the fact that all sizes etc are fine, when it was super bothering her (as is EXTREMELY common for girls to worry about breast size)...

amperevenon said:
It is preachy, The characters are telling you exactly what to see and interpret, it has little subtlety and tonnes of exposition into how they feel rather than leaving the audience to arrive at their own conclusion. It is lazy, preachy writing.
The characters are telling you what THEY see and interpret, and how MARI OKADA feels about these subject. You are just the reader. You completely misidentify preachy narrative, because it exists, and this is absolutely NOT it.

I find it amusing you question not only the author of this series, but you argue with another author on a forum about it who would both disagree with you, who is probably not a writer of fiction at all, nor an effective analyst. The story isn't about you, it's about the characters in it. Having characters open for interpretation is just a particular style of writing, and honestly is a lot more shallow and easy to write, because you don't have to address as much nuance and detail in said characters, as the viewers fill that in for you. Also, making proper internally consistent well constructed and developed characters is not only more difficult, but it's more realistic. Real humans don't sit around and exist for the sake of your interpretation. So yeah, pick one, quasi-realism, or made for the reader. You don't really get to have both to full potential.

ps: i put some final edits on my prior message just before you wrote your reply sorry, there's a couple more things i meant to add
GenesisAriaSep 7, 2019 9:11 PM

Sep 7, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2018
GenesisAria said:
amperevenon said:
Way over-shot extreme misunderstanding there. Japanese society is extremely oppressive, western society promotes apathy. These are cultural differences, it has NOTHING to do with race. That said we could argue about the objectivity of average intelligence too, but that was not my intention. It was just an easy example of a parallel - culturally everyone is expected to be and act and live a certain way, and whenever there is a moment's break from it it can cause an explosion of contrary behaviour... Why do you think there's so much weird shit in japan, and so many random weird people and behaviours... just look at Harajuku, that is hugely counter-cultural.

amperevenon said:
just said the boobs rant was weird and overdone.
It was a bit lengthly, but that was the choice of the author for the personality of the character to have an internalized comedic semi-cringy overdone liberation. Man people are still going on about that? How narrow can you get? It was KAZUSA's derpy overly pure character, and Mari Okada's mind that made that. It's HER story, not YOURS. Kazusa was never obsessed with boobs, she was, in a very cingy way, accepting the fact that all sizes etc are fine, when it was super bothering her (as is EXTREMELY common fir girls to worry about breast size)...

amperevenon said:
The characters are telling you what THEY see and interpret, and how MARI OKADA feels about these subject. You are just the reader. You completely misidentify preachy narrative, because it exists, and this is absolutely NOT it.

ps: i put some final edits on my prior message just before you wrote your reply sorry, there's a couple more things i meant to add

Don't give me that bs. You could have stopped at "Japanese society has cultural differences" but you said dullard. You were being racist and xenophobic. Dullard means slow and stupid. What the hell does that have to do with the your argument of Japanese culture ? You just got oversensitive and showed your true colors. Or you didn't know what dullard meant. I am going with the first deduction.

>Blah, blah, boob rant.
Dude that is just how i feel. Didn't ask for your input. It is subjective. IT WAS WEIRD FOR ME.

>Blah,blah, preachy.

They were preachy. Their expositions were obvious moralization that tells the audience what to think and deduce.

The definition:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preachy
amperevenonSep 7, 2019 9:11 PM
Sep 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2009
amperevenon said:
GenesisAria said:
Way over-shot extreme misunderstanding there. Japanese society is extremely oppressive, western society promotes apathy. These are cultural differences, it has NOTHING to do with race. That said we could argue about the objectivity of average intelligence too, but that was not my intention. It was just an easy example of a parallel - culturally everyone is expected to be and act and live a certain way, and whenever there is a moment's break from it it can cause an explosion of contrary behaviour... Why do you think there's so much weird shit in japan, and so many random weird people and behaviours... just look at Harajuku, that is hugely counter-cultural.

It was a bit lengthly, but that was the choice of the author for the personality of the character to have an internalized comedic semi-cringy overdone liberation. Man people are still going on about that? How narrow can you get? It was KAZUSA's derpy overly pure character, and Mari Okada's mind that made that. It's HER story, not YOURS. Kazusa was never obsessed with boobs, she was, in a very cingy way, accepting the fact that all sizes etc are fine, when it was super bothering her (as is EXTREMELY common fir girls to worry about breast size)...

Don't give me that bs. You could have stopped at "Japanese society has cultural differences" but you said dullard. You were being racist and xenophobic. Dullard means slow and stupid. What the hell does that have to do with the your argument of Japanese culture ? You just got oversensitive and showed your true colors. Or you didn't know what dullard meant. I am going with the first deduction.

>Blah, blah, boob rant.
Dude that is just how i feel. Didn't ask for your input. It is subjective. IT WAS WEIRD FOR ME.

>Blah,blah, preachy.

They were preachy. Their expositions were obvious moralization that tells the audience what to think and deduce.

The definition:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preachy

Dullard means simpleton, slow, uninteresting/unimaginative individual (i mean it's literally made out of dull-ard, not just coincidence). It was my play on words referring to the apathy of westerners with a more spicy word. Sue me.
There is no true colours, there is no xenophobia, i live in north america and have no asian blood. I'm not sensitive about anything, you are just making all kinds of blatantly ignorant statements without sufficient prerequisite knowledge. You are also leaping to very asinine and very false assumptions, which were not deduced at all (you ought to go back and study logic).

Breasticles: This anime is made for girls more than it is for guys, if it's weird for you that's your problem XD
(ps: male sexuality is a lot simpler than female sexuality... watch porn, fap, done, ez. ain't that simple for girls.)

Lol, i can go break out my roommate's legitimate copies of the official Oxford Dictionary if you wanna dive down the rabbit hole of logomachy. Pretty much every dictionary but Oxford is a farce, and are not the crown authority on the language..

Where are these moralizations? I see all kinds of taboo experimentation and contextualization in many ways which are heavily unbiased and clear. If you are seeing moral bias, that's your interpretive error.
For example if it were biased and morally self-righteous, the pedo man would be more gross and sure as hell wouldn't have any philosophies or any such, and Niina would have way more trauma than is realistic. Momoko would also be painted as a perfect little flower bud... Everything has been simplex lessons by examples of consequences, if A + B, therefore C. It's called a premise, supposition of subjective context to present an argument.

You are fighting an uphill battle...
GenesisAriaSep 7, 2019 9:42 PM

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

179 by Shadow_Reaper13 »»
Jan 3, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

312 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

143 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

144 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.