Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2019 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
BiDiGiN said:
Illyricus said:
It has to be the one and only, Matou Shinji.

Why do I love Shinji so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Shinji isn't just the best character in the series, he might just be the greatest character of all time. Just imaging him walking through Fuyuki, all the ladies swoon at his very scent. They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold under the the name of "Matou Orgasm." The very nature of Shinji is mystery. could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes? The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit. However, Shinji is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Shinji is not one that is easily penetrated. Shinji is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world. Shinji is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe his playful smile, his gourgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes. His eyes, like pools of sapphire, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Shinji. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Shinji is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Shinji, the entire Fate series as we know them crumbles. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Shinji so much.

I seriously hope this is a copypasta yopu found online.
Unfortunately, it is indeed a copypasta, as I'm not brilliant enough to write something as beautiful like that. It does, however, represent my feelings quite well, so it's all fine.
Aug 24, 2019 3:13 PM

Jul 2017
Sakura, Rin and Archer are my favorite from Stay Night, Astolfo and Mordred for Apocrypha, Tamamo and Nero for Extra/Extella and for Fate GO Jeanne d'Arc Alter, Cleopatra and Carmilla.

Buuut if i had to choose just one it would be Nero Claudius, I love everything about her, her tragic backstory, her pompous way of talking and boasting about herself but despite that she genuinely cares and loves her master, her adorable voice and her noble phantasm is really cool plus I love Roman history so yeah I'm biased :p
Aug 24, 2019 3:36 PM

Feb 2017
Tohsaka Rin definitely. She is my top favorite because she is a heroine that doesn't always play second fiddle to the main character, whenever Shirou is doing something, she is usually doing something important at the same time. She stays relevant throughout the whole story regardless of the route and Her relationships with other characters, especially with Shirou, are really fun to watch/read. Also, not to mention that compared to most tsunderes she isn't some bipolar bitch who slaps someone every other moment. Plus her reasons for being tsundere and her changes from tsun to dere feel real and organic and are also fun.
She also has really memorable and appealing character design and I also love how her voice actress sounds.

Then again, I love pretty much all of F/SN and Fate/Zero cast. If I could I would say Shirou, Archer, Lancer, Saber, Kirei, Gilgamesh, Iskandar, Kiritsugu, Illya, Waver are my favorites too, some more some less.

Aug 24, 2019 3:46 PM
Jun 2019
Kariya from fate zero because he is The perfect martir
Aug 24, 2019 3:57 PM

Dec 2016
The Lancer of Fate/Zero, just because he was the coolest dude among all the Fates I've watched.
Aug 24, 2019 4:06 PM

Aug 2016
There are quite a good number of characters I enjoyed in Fate, but the best one to me is

Kiritsugu: Badass, ruthless, understands what needs to be done like small sacrifices are needed to prevent bigger ones and performing without hesitation, stoic, determined, and intelligent. His backstory was also well done.

HM: Rin Tohsaka

Servant wise, Archer (F/SN) with Berserker from F/Zero being a close second (could have been first, but his motives were shit)

Can't wait for Raikou
Aug 24, 2019 6:14 PM

Apr 2016
Gilgamesh (Archer), cause he's awesome(or so it looks from the posts seen on social media, I haven't seen the series yet).
Aug 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2017
Answers other than Original Saber, Rin, Gilgamesh, Emiya Shirou or Emiya Kiritusgu are objectively wrong.

Original Saber for appearance, waifu level, and her relationship with Shirou in the Fate route of the VN.

Rin for badass tsundere waifu level, her relationship with Shirou in UBW, as well as Kana Ueda's voicework.

Gilgamesh, Shirou and Kiritsugu all have amazingly deep characterization, particularly the Emiyas whose ideals are explored in depth leading to some very high quality character development that is right up there in terms of what storytelling is capable of.

But Saber is a cutie so she's my choice. I want to cook meals for her so she has a full stomach when she does battle on my behalf, then, when the fightings over, we retire to my futon where I do stuff to her.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 24, 2019 8:59 PM

Feb 2013
Stopped caring about fate years ago, but I like Astolfo.
Aug 24, 2019 9:11 PM

Apr 2015
Elizabeth Bathory, the newt with bad singing is hilarious, plus, I think she's cute.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Aug 24, 2019 11:23 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Gilgamesh and Rin Tohsaka are my favourite characters.

I’m playing F/GO and I’m trying to get Ishtar and Gilgamesh (either Archer or Caster).
Aug 24, 2019 11:24 PM
Aug 2019
My fav character has to be Shirou Emiya from sakura route ,as it is the only rout when shirpu willingly denied his own destiny ,and decided to act on his own wish.And to fight not for a sebse of jistice but to protect somethigh he holds drea to him
Shirou_Emiya_Aug 24, 2019 11:29 PM
Aug 24, 2019 11:26 PM

May 2018
Rider(Fate/Zero) and Saber are two of my favorite.
Aug 24, 2019 11:29 PM

Nov 2018
saber because every other character is fucking stupid
besides kiritsugu
Aug 25, 2019 5:33 AM

Nov 2015
Kiritsugu
Achilles
Sigurd
Okita Alter
don't ask why
Aug 25, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a fan of Karna, honestly. Tragic hero, strong rivalry with Arjuna and is a super nice but misunderstood guy because he is so straightforward, blunt and honest to where others dislike him and might think he's cold. He's practically my spirit animal. His fighting style and abilities are epic and to my tastes as well.

He was my first five star character in FGO so I may be a little biased.
Aug 25, 2019 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
Gotta say Waver. Fate/Zero is the only iteration of Fate I actually like and I feel like he has the best character arc in it. Idk about the new show with him... I haven't watched it.

*generally does not like Fate*
Aug 25, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Even though most people call her a thot because of her past times. Even tho the probably best thing that happened was to possess rin but. Ishtar is my favourite. Then comes abigail williams then comes illyasviel von einzbern. But ishtar is my all time favourite. The reason why i love ishtar. There just no putting it but its because of them thighs and the fact she's a goddess.
Aug 25, 2019 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
Duh-why Saber of course..........!!
Life Is Short But Intense.
Aug 25, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2015

Naah, but that's more favorite girls then a character.

Favorite character woud be Ishtar, love her clumsy personality.
And ofc she looks like a better verison of Rin, YaY!

After Ishtar comes Rin and Sakura.

Sakura got the looks and this dere personality that I love.
My heart hurts each time I see Sakura in the fate movies or animes beacuse I know what hell she has been in, sad panda.

Then we got Rin, the sister that dosen't understand her own sister's hell.
Rin is a amazing tsundere, and toke a liking directly to her when I started to Watch Fate/Night 2 years ago.
What a joruney it was, and I loved the serie thanks to the 2 sister's.

Aug 25, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2016
Scathach, she is quite easily best girl. S-tier sexy Celtic waifu.

If we are only talking about characters that have been in an anime, then I'd say Gilgamesh. He is an annoying cunt at times, but his design is cool and it's pretty entertaining how he just does whatever the fuck he wants. Caster Gilgamesh is better tho

What's the difference?
Aug 25, 2019 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
So far I like Saber of Red the best. She's just a better version of the F/SN Saber.
Aug 25, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2018
Tohsaka Rin, for obvious reasons which everybody is aware of.
Aug 26, 2019 12:18 AM

Mar 2018
Mongrels! You all dare to have a thread about favorite Fate characters when you already have King of Heroes, who you all should be praising his glory?! This ignorance deserves death!

And "Yorokobe, Shounen".

. . .
Jokes aside, yeah, the above two are my favorite characters, not only as "from Fate" but also my "favorite villains of all time" if you count them as villains. They are at the top of my List+ for a reason.

Aug 26, 2019 6:48 AM

Dec 2018
Iskandar/Alexander the Great
Irisviel
Tohsaka Rin
Emiya Kiritsugu
Ilyasviel
(in that order)
Aug 26, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2019
Kiritsugu this cold and brutal efficiency of him when doing his job.
Aug 26, 2019 12:29 PM
Oct 2018
the best is golden gilgamesh and archer sighs what do u mean by ? bcz they are best! smirks hehe
Aug 26, 2019 12:35 PM
Apr 2015
Mordred. She was the best part (and just about the only good part) of "Fate Apocrypha". Combining no-nonsense tomboy swagger with enough Daddy issues to sink a ship, she absolutely dominated every scene she was in. Also, she wears a sukajan jacket, which science has proven to be the most badass thing an anime character can wear.
Aug 26, 2019 12:53 PM
May 2018
Shinji, F/SN Lancer, and F/Z Rider.

Kiritsugu is also cool.
Aug 26, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
Kiritsugu Emiya, there's a lot of reasons for me liking this badass dude over the others especially his actions in F/Z, plus he's a master tactician and gunner with time magic.
2nd would be King Arthur, not the female one, the dude from Prototype, as a big fan of King Arthur and his trusty Excalibur, I was never a fan when they gender bended him into a whinny bitch, the real King Arthur would be disappointed.
And lastly Archer (Emiya Shirou) I AM THE BONE OF MUH SWORD! UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!
-StrayAug 26, 2019 1:03 PM
Aug 26, 2019 1:02 PM

Dec 2018
Rider because he's fuckin rider bro
Aug 26, 2019 1:21 PM

Jul 2017
gilg and kirei, great villains and I disagree with saber's justice point of view though I don't hate her
Nick-Knight said:

Bold, brash, stuck up, charismatic, almighty, powerful, at times philosophical king that is also great husbando material which ironicaly has a terrible taste in women.
haha exactly. such a great villain and I get he'd want to "overcome" her or "dominate her" to show he's the best blabla but I'm pretty sure he could find some real great woman out there by just searching
Aug 26, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Haven't watchd any of it and only briefly played Fate/Extra, but Rin seems like my type of girl.

Aug 26, 2019 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
Martha because she is this nice combination of cute and sexy, has a great voice actress, and was my first SR.

Cu Alter because he's edgiest, sexiest boi. I LOVE how edgy he is, lmao, they went all out with him. And he's a total beast in the game as well.

Both lancer Artorias because of the big anime tiddies and the badassery. I can't wait for Camelot to get an anime.

As for stay/night or zero, I guess Lancer was a cool guy in SN, managing to be likable and badass despite his stupid ass costume (what is he, an olimpics competitor?). Kirei was a very interesting character, he's a pleasure to watch and especially read - the novel has quite a bit from his perspective and these are the best parts of it, IMO.
Aug 26, 2019 1:41 PM

May 2018
Shirou 'Amakusa' Kotomine from Fate/Apocrypha because he is trying to save humanity to forgive himself for not being able to save a single person, and he wishes for everyone to throw away their selfishness and create a world where everyone is saved and happy. He simply wished the happiness of all mankind, for innate goodness to be found in the heart of all humanity and the annihilation of Angra Mainyu: All the Evils of the World. WOW :D

SuperGreenTeaAug 26, 2019 1:48 PM
Aug 26, 2019 1:55 PM

May 2018
I guess Kiritsugu and Irisviel.
Also Rin, Shishigou from Apocrypha + Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo and the samurai fake-Assassin dude from Stay Night.

Why - those guys are really cool and Irisviel is best waifu.

Catalano said:
Rider (the hot girl) because she's evil

What?
No, she is only ordered to do evil things.
alshuAug 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Aug 26, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2018
Iskander, Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu, in that order.
Aug 26, 2019 2:59 PM
Apr 2018
For some reason every archer charecter
They are just so well writen

Sorry for any english mistakes it's not my mother lang
Aug 26, 2019 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
After watching the fate/zero series, the prisma illya series, and playing fate/grand order, my favorite character is Nobu. She has one of my favorite designs ever, in all of her/his forms, and is hilarious. She's such a great character to see pop in events- never fails to be entertaining.

Aug 26, 2019 9:14 PM

Oct 2010
@alshu well, doing evil things makes you evil too. I like her because she's obedient and helpful. And being forced to do evil makes her a tragic character which I'm a sucker for. And she's hot.
Aug 26, 2019 9:53 PM

Apr 2015
I have absolutely no connection to fate, but I guess it's Rin
Aug 27, 2019 5:42 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Aug 31, 2019 12:38 AM

Feb 2017
Boudica is my favorite servant, cause of her great personality, she's just a nice, down-to-earth lass who's eager to work with her master and get shit done, you see it in the way she shakes your hand with vigor after summoning her in FGO Arcade... Also she has some pretty nice tits, I cannot lie. Doesn't deserve to be a 3-star with placeholder animations.

Waver is my favorite master cause he goes through an insane character development and becomes one of the franchise's biggest chads.
young_kappaAug 31, 2019 12:45 AM
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Aug 31, 2019 10:17 AM
Mar 2019
It's really hard to pick just a single character, so I'll have to go with my top 10 from all the different series with a surface level description as to why:

Saber (OG/Blue Saber and her various incarnations): I loved her design as a badass woman in armor and her story in Fate just gets me crying everytime I get to the ending or Last Episode. She is a woman that sacrificed everything for no real reward and yet still has a pride that you can't help but appreciate I think. I have to admit that I also love how they took the "Saberface" joke to new levels in FGO. Meta self-awareness of a franchise to a whole new level I guess xD

Lancer Cú Chulainn: It's hard not to love this guy after seeing UBW and his role is expanded beyond just an adversary.

Emiya Shirou: Originally disliked him for how he was in the DEEN anime, but the ending and subsequent reading up on the VN made me appreciate him more throughout all the routes.

Tohsaka Rin: Original favorite waifu of Fate before I liked Saber more. Gotta respect her considered her story.

Berserker (Fate/Zero): Pure love for his design since full on knight armor is kind of my aesthetic. Further information just made me like him more ;)

Ryougi Shiki(Kara no Kyoukai): Mystic eyes of death perception and jacket-oh and Hagen daas. Yeah, I recommend watching Kara No Kyoukai btw.

Gilgamesh: Throughout all his iterations, there's something to love and hate about him, but FGO and CCC gave more examples to love. Great design, great voice actor, and there are moments of dread when he comes onto the screen for a fight.

Iskander: Rider is best bro.

Merlin: I've grown to love the half human mage after finding translations for Garden of Avalon and Last Episode. FGO just helped me like the trolly nature of the character with the hint of something underneath. Just an interesting character that I look forward to seeing in the Babylonia anime.

Archer: A cynical, weary old bowman who has turned into the best mom of Chaldea in FGO. The contrast with the two versions is great, but the original alone is something I think a lot of people can resonate with when it comes to applying dreams to reality like in UBW.
Sep 13, 2019 9:37 AM
Jan 2019
Fate/Zero: Kiritsugu, iskender, Saber
Fate/Stay Night: Non
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Miyu
Fate/Apocrypha: Mordred and Atalanta
Fate/Extra: Non
Fate/GO: a lot, whenever I read about a character I fall in love with it (Mostly because their historical story) lastly Nightingale (the founder of modern nursing) and Ushiwakamaru and Benkei Musashibou
and there are Mash, Scáthach too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

22 by chevalierkraken »»
4 hours ago

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
9 hours ago

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.