Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost forgot how dangerous Accelerator can be when he's pissed off. It looks like this episode had him deal with more troubles that have started by the other espers. I have some mixed thoughts on Esther though..she just doesn't appeal to me as a character this season.

The guy with the lolipop in the background has such a strange personality....
Aug 23, 2019 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Estelle trying to gain her apprenticeship with Accelerator was funny, she was trying hard.
Accelerator seems to attract annoying girls, or maybe stubborn is a better way to say it.
But with his personality you need to be stubborn to get close to him.
Aug 23, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2007
She asked him to be her Shishou, after seeing Acce's attacks have kindness.

New machines appear. Replace?

Oh so that girl who was still in the lab was the friend and main experiment. She got one of MISAKA.

Military lady, who woke up, believes what she said. Family of controlling death.

So one of MISAKA was to make a complete form of that girl.

Acce. became crazy when lab guy mentioning about the past. Death controller is somehow in another place for her goal.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 23, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Accelerator was crazy in this episode, just like the previous one. You really don't want to piss him off.

Estelle wants Accelerator to be her master. That scene was funny.

Aug 23, 2019 11:56 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Very few things can get past Estelle's eyes it seems. Still she is right in that Index's attacks were scaled back so as not to kill the girls. Her request to be Index's pupil combined with how cute reactions while doing so was quite amusing. Even when faced with such formidable enemies Estelle's determination to deal with the situation is admirable. While Index looks like he's having fun duelling those machines im quite curious to see what Estelle is enacting with her ritual.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
The first part of the episode was really funny but the second part showed how scary Accelerator can be if he becomes angry.

Esther was really nice in this episode.

Aug 23, 2019 3:19 PM
Jan 2014
I've been watching this, but... Esther is a magician, right? Weren't all magic users affiliated with Necessarius/Vatican/Russia or other big force? Also in Index magic was only used out in the open during bigger scale warfare (unless some stupid terrorist attack on Academy City was underway) but Esther keeps using hers and everyone just shrugs whether she controlls corpses, heals, casts earth armor and whatnot.
Also how the fuck does necromancy end up making robots stronger?
This series feels really detached from... idk main series? Esther also keeps having cringy monologues every couple minutes... I will keep watching but the plot is bizarre.
Aug 23, 2019 3:49 PM
Oct 2018
nekromanta7 said:
I've been watching this, but... Esther is a magician, right? Weren't all magic users affiliated with Necessarius/Vatican/Russia or other big force? Also in Index magic was only used out in the open during bigger scale warfare (unless some stupid terrorist attack on Academy City was underway) but Esther keeps using hers and everyone just shrugs whether she controlls corpses, heals, casts earth armor and whatnot.
This series feels really detached from... idk main series? Esther also keeps having cringy monologues every couple minutes... I will keep watching but the plot is bizarre.

This series relies on you knowing a bit more about the franchise, and not really much of a spoiler but there's all different kinds of espers, and even when Academy City got attacked by a literal golem everyone assumed it was just a esper ability as well.
Aug 23, 2019 4:08 PM
Oct 2018
nekromanta7 said:
To aru series concept is about magic & science superpower crossover from begining, what do you expect? From normal people perspective, magic is esper ability that not from academy city. Necromancy mixed with robot itself still nail with science vs magic concept. If you think that it detached from main series, then you still dont understand about this series concept.
Inori_HatsuneAug 23, 2019 4:21 PM
Aug 23, 2019 4:30 PM
Jan 2014
Inori_Hatsune said:
Necromancy mixed with robot itself still nail with science vs magic concept. If you think that riddiculos, then you still dont understand about this series concept.

I mean, sure i don't get it apparently. But it never was about some magitek. It either was magic or science. Espers using magic made them bleed out, and strong AIM field made magicians suffer similar fate. But robots/mecha strengthened with necromancy? I don't know, Index 3 made more sense to me. Hopefully Accelerator can save his namesake series and I change my mind.
Aug 23, 2019 4:45 PM

May 2015
I love seeing Accelerator just ape shit and laugh his ass off about hurting someone XD. More ruthless Accelerator please.

Sucks to see Misaka sister in pain hopefully she'll get saved soon.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 23, 2019 4:53 PM
Oct 2018
nekromanta7 said:
Inori_Hatsune said:
Necromancy mixed with robot itself still nail with science vs magic concept. If you think that riddiculos, then you still dont understand about this series concept.

I mean, sure i don't get it apparently. But it never was about some magitek. It either was magic or science. Espers using magic made them bleed out, and strong AIM field made magicians suffer similar fate. But robots/mecha strengthened with necromancy? I don't know, Index 3 made more sense to me. Hopefully Accelerator can save his namesake series and I change my mind.
Yea, normally esper will suffer damage when they use magic. But doesnt mean science cant use magic technique. Just look accel black wing, in magic side it similar with thelema.

As for coffin strengthning, magic didnt increase coffin strength. Necromancy just make cropse body become artficialy functional so they can use esper brain to make machine that can use esper power. You will see this application in railgun 3. Altough, in railgun 3 that brain functionaly active by science technique.
Inori_HatsuneAug 23, 2019 5:01 PM
Aug 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Apr 2013
Back in the day when Accelerator could just use his Abillity all day to "mute" everything so he wouldn't get bothered by anything like Estelle asking him to be her master.

So he did some research on Accelerator and still thinks he can make a dent with his 3 Level 5 junk mechs, foolish...
but at least he made sure to get the information how to get Accelerator going to tear the flesh from his bones, although with hishigata's personality it was a given, guess he wanted to secure that service.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 23, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2009
Ah yess, this is what we are all here for! Accelerator fanservice at it's finest. This dipshit thinks he has any idea what Accelerator thinks, funny stuff.

Accelerator isn't saving lives because he's a softie, he'd only really do that for last order; most of the rest of it is more because he's pissed off about being manipulated, avoids fatal blows because well it's more interesting not to just erase everything, but also because killing plays into the hands of the higher-ups, which he wants none of. Plus i don't think killing was his style to begin with, the clones he didn't initially consider human so he didn't really think about it. (people keep trying to shove in his face that he's a good guy and only playing badguy, cringe as fuck for him lmao, even if it's partially right)

Rambles aside, we are all here to see what Accelerator smashes next, yeet.
GenesisAriaAug 24, 2019 5:19 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 23, 2019 8:25 PM
Jul 2019
yes another solid episode,i dont know about others but im really enjoying this series.
Aug 23, 2019 9:27 PM
Jan 2016
Estelle surely was trying hard to get Accelarator as a master, it was pretty funny!

Accelarator being himslef is so awesome, he is pissed off, badass mode on!

Cant wait to see more, wonder was Estelle is planing to do!
Aug 23, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2018
So he gets himself a selfproclaimed pupil
nice

Accelerator goes crazy again.. He seems to always snap when the past is mentioned

Estelle seems to have something up her sleeve too

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 23, 2019 11:42 PM

Jan 2018
damn, hishigata hirumi is hot as fuck. I hope nobody comes to tell me this is another trap girl I already had a surprise last week with seike.
Aug 24, 2019 12:57 AM

Apr 2019
Taunting Accelerator is a bad idea, now Accelerator is pissed off. Lolipop guy sure has a death wish.
Aug 24, 2019 2:26 AM
Oct 2018
This episode is longer than source material itself. JC add ssome details that not explained in manga which is good in my opinion. They should be directing index iii like this, at least for story pacing.

What I like about this episode are JC adding some extra dialouge that origanly not from manga such as Hisigata that wonder with accel action & little bit explanation about spirit inside that metal gear. Thats makes some missing point in manga explained in this anime.

I guess in the next episode we will get filler episode about Esther & Hishigata past since their past isnt explained properly in manga.
Inori_HatsuneAug 24, 2019 2:29 AM
Aug 24, 2019 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
Esther was really cute when she begged Accelerator constantly for him to become her master. I guess she was successful in the end, although Accelerator was still annoyed at her for it. XD

Hirumi might be hot in just her underwear, but she and her lollipop loving brother will have a nice reality check soon enough. Taunting Accelerator and boasting about their 3 mechs begging able to handle level 5 esper attacks is just them asking for a savage beating and with the way Accelerator was laughing at the end, I'm sure he'll happily give those two a beating and save the Misaka clone in the process.

As for Esther, she's making her own attempt to end things her own way that's been going wrong since she came to Academy City. Either way, I look forward to the next episode where, hopefully, Accelerator goes and beats the shit out of those two smug siblings. =D
Aug 24, 2019 7:25 AM

Jun 2019
Esther really wants Accelerator as her master, it's funny.
Aug 24, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
They really did soften up Accelerator comparing to his past appearances. Not a bad thing, of course, since it shows his character development well.

Fun fight between him and the three mechas. Their CGI rendering is surprisingly good, so kudos J.C.Staff.

First half was honestly cringy lol. I'm not sold on Esther's character yet, so I hope she gets some much needed background story.
Aug 24, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
Call me a sadist, but I'm soooo looking forward to seeing Accelerator snap every bone in that dudes body.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2018
Lollipop guy is not fair in fighting but Accelarator still looks like he'll win
Aug 24, 2019 10:42 AM
Mar 2015
Listening to 2 crazy people sneer at each other is very funny
Aug 24, 2019 11:41 AM
Jan 2019
Actually, I still have many doubts about Esther's power. I don't know if it's a sorceress or an sper, or a combination of both. I need to know more about your family, the Rosenthals.
I can't wait for Accelerator to end Hishigata's scrap metal.
Aug 24, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2009
Yandere-Dragon said:
GenesisAria said:
Ah yess, this is what we are all here for! Accelerator fanservice at it's finest. This dipshit thinks he has any idea what Accelerator thinks, funny stuff.

Accelerator isn't saving lives because he's a softie, he'd only really do that for last order; most of the rest of it is more because he's pissed off about being manipulated, avoids fatal blows because well it's more interesting not to just erase everything, but also because killing plays into the hands of the higher-ups, which he wants none of. Plus i don't think killing was his style to begin with, the clones he didn't initially consider human so he didn't really think about it. (people keep trying to shove in his face that he's a god guy and only playing badguy, cringe as fuck for him lmao, even if it's partially right)

Rambles aside, we are all here to see what Accelerator smashes next, yeet.
That's actually an excellent point, he probably is just very strongly against killing. Well we'll see

I wouldn't say strongly against killing, more he doesn't want that shit haunting his memories. He's already pissed off having to remember the deaths of all the MISAKAs, thanks to being manipulated by invested interests, which was his reward for complying. Accelerator isn't a psychopath, which is why these things can bother and frustrate him; if he was, things like death would be inconsequential to him.
GenesisAriaAug 24, 2019 5:32 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 24, 2019 6:02 PM

Aug 2018
What a wonderful episode
After beating that 4 girls, here come the enemies attacking accel immediately
They dont want him to take a break lol

Can't wait to see accelerator crushing hishigata, hirumi and their "piles of junk". They dont understand that they have no chance against accelerator.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 25, 2019 1:42 AM

Oct 2008
That psycho laugh of Accelerator never fails to crack me up!

Aug 25, 2019 7:00 AM

Nov 2018
I really love the CGI mechas, it looks great.

Hishigata thinks he's smart but he's just so stupid for taunting Accelerator. Hopefully Accelerator murder his ass.

The first part was funny, I like the interaction between Accelerator and Esther.
Aug 26, 2019 5:45 AM

Oct 2017
Opps Accelerator's pissed, shit's about to happen and I can't wait to watch it.
Aug 27, 2019 12:17 AM
Oct 2018
anyone else find the side characters annoying?
Sep 1, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
an over powered protagonist...is it me or is it getting more boring.... well five episodes left I guess
Sep 1, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2019
ibraheem234 said:
an over powered protagonist...is it me or is it getting more boring.... well five episodes left I guess
Touma is boring asf. I would rather pick Accelerator as the protagonist.
Sep 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
Esther was hilarious at the beginning of the episode.

This guy is pretty cocky provoking Accelerator. Can't wait to see him get destroyed.
Sep 9, 2019 5:48 PM

Jan 2013
Esther trying to convince Accelerator to be her master ahaha
Since when Hatsune Miku is the villain of this? xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2019 5:32 PM

May 2016
Aaaah I don't like Esther too much, I miss Last Order.
Accelerator is cool as ever.
Sep 23, 2019 1:23 PM

Aug 2017
I think that I'm a tired of more robots.

Esther wants Accelerator as her master lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 21, 2021 3:52 AM

Sep 2012
Nurguburu said:
I think that I'm a tired of more robots.

Esther wants Accelerator as her master lol.

sure she want that, truth is she wants something else :D
Jul 17, 2021 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Rather boring episode somehow, the "fighting" was pretty pointless so far.
Jun 7, 2023 12:26 PM

May 2020
Accelerator really did become someone you can "reason" with, I mean the way Esther was nagging him (though for me it wasn't irritating but for Accelerator it was) about wanting to be his apprentice, he was literally kind of just listening to her without doing her any harm, which normally he shouldn't have lol.

Anyways this villain sure has made Accelerator fuming. He won't see a good end.
Jun 20, 2023 7:22 AM

Nov 2010
That's a cute way for Esther to confess her feelings for Accelerator. Those scenes with her & Accelerator were funny. As funny as whenever he's with Last Order. hehe

I forgot to mention in the previous episode how hot Hasami looks when she fights in underwear. I wish she continued fighting in it.
Hirumi is super hot!

Accelerator is in a class of his own. He could handle three level fives at once, and his power is way too versatile and OP. Unless he goes up against Touma or a Saint, he's unbeatable.

I hope they finish downloading the Sister's data. Will it power up Hirumi's necromancy to the max? I'm curious to see what will happen.
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Nov 2023
That guy looked very odd to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

49 by 1AmAtom1c »»
Apr 26, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.