Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2016 10:42 AM
May 2016
I actually really dug this episode, I was worried that the series was just going to be a duel a week.

Utena having her duel uniform underneath her dress and her making that tablecloth dress was great/hilarious. And as of right now, Utena/Kiryuu is OTP. I have a feeling that might change though...
Jun 15, 2016 7:20 PM

Apr 2016
Okay I hope this is the last episode where Anthy gets slapped, cuz that shit is getting old.

Other than that...this is one freaky show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 7:53 AM
Dec 2014
YES WE NINETIES NOW BITCH.

Ahum sorry about that. Nice to be back in my favourite anime time.

I can already tell I'm going to love this show. Utena is so cool that she can break all my bones and I'll just smile at her longingly.

Wish I had a rose bride because I have to do the dishes now :-(
Jun 17, 2016 7:57 AM
Dec 2014
bhaktivinoda said:
Enjoying this a lot now, was turned off by the animation at first, but seeing it in 720p really shows off how nice it is. It is set in such a surreal world.

Aye this BD remaster I grabbed from a torrent site is amazing. How did people originally watch this in 1997?! Ah the joys of technology.

Edit and an honourable mention to madVR
Aug 22, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2011
That tablecloth flip!
Sep 2, 2016 1:03 AM

Dec 2013
That little sister is a bitch!

Utena was pretty awesome saving Anthy
May 27, 2017 1:11 AM

Nov 2011
It seems this won't follow a strict duel per week formula, which I like.

Utena continues to be pretty cool. I wonder why Himemiya seems almost universally hated.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far overall.
Aug 7, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't trust Nanami from the first second she was on-screen. She did all that to Anthy just because she wants her brother's dick? Girl needs counseling. And now she's probably going to go after Utena...

There's also the mystery of who exactly Utena's prince is. Part of me doubts it's Touga.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
Anthy was having the time of her life during that dance lol
Jan 1, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
Nanami has an enormous brother complex i see. Anyways, this is the forth time Himemiya has been slapped in just three episodes, is this a theme? I'm gonna keep counting them hhaha, also funny how they made such a beautiful dress out of a regular piece of table cloth.

What is the president plotting? I thought he has going straight to fighting her...so, what is he planning to do?
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Mar 25, 2018 9:38 AM

Nov 2016
First I thought Anthy would start to hate Utena for convincing her to visit the party,but Utenas designer skills saved the day.Well played.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2018 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
This series is being a pleasant surprise
Nov 25, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2010
I was surprised to see that Utena is still looking for her prince, thought she wanted become one herself, but it seems like he's been on her mind this whole time. Interesting! Hope he shows up eventually.
May 6, 2019 1:43 PM

Aug 2017
I must admit that the classical music used as a soundtrack is absolutely amazing and serves as a great addition to the series. Somehow reminds me of LOGH (it uses classical music too, although Utena manages to combine it with some light rock and it's GREAT).

By the way, I think that the color of the roses that seem to represent each character may have to do something with color theory. The same should (probably) apply to the colors of their eyes and hair, although I cannot support my point of view with evidence at this point. Maybe I am just overanalyzing and trying to seek symbolism where there's none, but I hope to get some insights into their personalities based on the colors. I instantly felt something bad about Nanami, because her rose color is yellow, and it's believed to be the color of jealousy.

Also, this shadow princesses seem to be more symbolic than usual. They're still foreshadowing the events, but what's with these dogs that say "one, two" and change their number accordingly? It seems that there're two of them when the girls connect their arms, one of them representing the prince, and the other representing a princess. Dunno if it's supposed to have any deep meaning.

Also, Touga looks like a good guy...probably.
Jan 18, 2020 11:26 AM
Sep 2019
gosh do i like this anime...
started watching it first, by recommendation of a friend and second, after having finished sarazanmai but without knowing both animes were from Ikuhara's mind made out of braincells of lsd so,,,, my lesson learned with this man is that you NEED patience with his works bc the story doesn't unfolds in the first episodes and at first seems so very incomprehensible you just want to drop it, BUT when you are just avoid to give up on it gets so amazing and end up binging it all
Feb 9, 2020 6:22 AM
Sep 2015
I knew Nanami was suspicious ever since I heard the way she talked & smiled. I had heard that there's incest in this anime, so I guess they were referring to Nanami's obsession with her brother.

What type of dress can be so easily ruined by champagne? That's some sci-fi shit. Was the dress made of paper or something?

Also there's no fucking way Utena was wearing that school uniform under her dress (the dress left her shoulders uncovered) I wonder where she found the uniform & wore it so quickly.

Very weak episode.
Feb 19, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!! Still, that Nanami can be a bitch.

Good thing Utena was able to save the whole thing!!
Apr 6, 2020 7:44 PM

Sep 2014
Damn Utena has some serious smooth moves. Her style is unmatched. I see how she is so popular with the girls. Though this is one of these anime plot elements I never quite understood, I guess it fits here but random other shows also have these fangirls drooling all over some popular chick.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
Anthy's face is a magnet for slaps, wtf?

And that Nanami girl tho. So here is where the incest aspect of this show comes from, huh?

Also, that tablecloth scene was such an epic move. Utena is just too cool for this rich kids academy.
Now seriously, I indeed loved the symbolism with her rejecting the feminine role by getting rid of that super girly dress and then proceeding to protect Anthy's chastity by draping her in a pure WHITE "dress".
Mar 5, 2022 4:51 PM

Jan 2022
God, I knew that Nanami girl was gonna be a bitch the second she showed up. Something about her just looks like typical high school mean girl who always takes it too far. I'm glad Utena was there for Anthy though, I really thought it was gonna be a Carrie type deal.

Also, what's with the guys in this being creeps? At this rate I won't be shocked if Utena's prince is actually a creep too
Mar 31, 2022 7:02 PM

Feb 2021
The table cloth was kind of weird and the episode looked like a filler.
Apr 12, 2022 9:11 AM
Jun 2014
Where are the teachers lmao
May 17, 2022 4:33 AM

Feb 2014
Our poor bride keeps getting hit!!!
Aug 30, 2022 8:54 PM

May 2022
great episode, Utena easily took care of the situation on Nanami's prank for revenge and even danced with Himemiya to further bond with each other. can't believe those group of girls were bullying Himemiya earlier just because Saionji lost the rematch. they should go to Utena, not her. Utena would easily take care of those bullies.
Jan 4, 8:12 AM
Jan 2018
They took Domon Kasshu cape dress power and gave it to Utena. It wasn't as cool here but it certainly was a sight to see.

I wish I could say who is even into weird siscon and brocon stuff, but anime where that idea is a big part of the story make a lot of money. So I guess my question is "why was it necessary for THIS story."

I also appreciate Utena flat out saying she wants a guy and she just dresses how she feels like. It means when she decides she's actually into Anthy, it will hit a lot harder.

I guess a Chu Chu deserves a shout out because they put a lot of effort into a joke mascot character that only shows up for a couple seconds each episode. I wonder if that means Chu Chu will actually end up being an important character later on. Time will tell.

It's sad that so many real life girls can relate to Anthy's bullying. Actually the whole social anxiety scene was perfectly done. I wish more anime did ideas like that as well as this one did.
Mar 19, 1:10 PM
Aug 2017
Omg the scene with the dress at the end sooooo swoon worthy. But I know the Kiryuu plot about him being her prince is about to get very annoying
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

60 by MFDOOMED »»
May 15, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

67 by MFDOOMED »»
May 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 13 Discussion

44 by MFDOOMED »»
May 14, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 10, 2009

67 by MFDOOMED »»
May 12, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 26, 2009

74 by AriaofScarlet »»
May 11, 10:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.