Forum Settings
Forums

what is the worst anime you have seen this year so far?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 14, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2008
This year?

Something with kids turning into kappa? I forget its name but our whole club was like "WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS I DON'T EVEN".

Aug 14, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
Chiibi said:
This year?

Something with kids turning into kappa? I forget its name but our whole club was like "WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS I DON'T EVEN".

Chiibi said:
This year?

Sounds like Sarazanmai. Definitely an odd show.
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 14, 2019 11:32 AM

Nov 2008
Jus1294 said:
Chiibi said:
This year?

Chiibi said:
This year?

THAT WAS IT!! Um yeah, we turned it off after like...15 minutes. xD The focus on the butt penetration was just the nail in the coffin.

Aug 14, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2017
7 Seeds I guess? I heard that manga is amazing so I was looking forward to watch anime but what a trainwreck it was.
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Aug 14, 2019 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
Rising of the Shield Hero or Maoh-sama, Retry!

idk why I still try to watch isekai...
Aug 14, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2017
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Yakusoku no Neverland
Mob Psycho 100 II
One Punch Man 2nd Season
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2
Dr. Stone
Vinland Saga
Enen no Shouboutai

Every other anime on this list is understandable, OPM S2 was a huge letdown quality wise, Dr. Stone may not be for everyone even tho I love it and it's story is just really beginning tbh.... same goes for Vinland Saga, but I do agree Fire Force is Very overrated. But Mob Psycho, AoT and The Promised Neverland? Why?
Aug 14, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2017
i watched the ancient magus bride earlier this year and it was full of melodrama and had a really weird pacing and was overall uninteresting. beautiful animation, but terrible execution.
Aug 14, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
Worst anime I have seen this year is definitely Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, no contest. It's actually somewhat impressive how similar it is to Rakudai Kishi while at the sime managing to fuck everything up and be worse at literally EVERYTHING. It's just baffling. Atrocious, absolutely atrocious. No redeeming qualities, maybe except for Julis' design (which still is few levels below Stella's).

As for stuff specifically from 2019, probably Domestic na Kanojo. Disgusting, boring, annoying, bad. I could maybe go with Arifureta, but I only saw a single episode of that one.
Aug 14, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2018
For this year:
- Worst Short anime: Ame-iro Cocoa: Side G
- Worst anime: Shoumetsu Toshi and Date a Live 3!

Shoumetsu Toshi = MadHouse, you can do better than this, come on.
Date a Live 3 = "SHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOO", sums up my reaction for it. Just like the game of DaL because that's the only thing I hear!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 14, 2019 12:23 PM

May 2016
Yakusoku no Neverland
Vinland Saga
Girly Air Force (only because it was flat and stupid)
Demon Slayer
Aug 14, 2019 12:29 PM
Mar 2016
kaze no stigma or the K series or Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry or Nisekoi s2
specifically this year would be fire force
Aug 14, 2019 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
Didn't i already posted in this thread or it was in one similar? I don't know man, is just like all those "Will AoT dethroned Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood from his #1 spot/AoT has detroned Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood from his #1 spot" i lost count.

Well, worst animes i've ever seen Abunai Sisters, Kizuoibito, Eiken, Master of Martial Hearts, Jungle de Ikkou, Hanoka, ICE: The Last Generation, Apocalypse Zero, Angel Cop and Angel Sanctuary.

Worst popular anime Zero no Tsukaima, KonoSuba, Overlord, AnoHana, Charlotte, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, Guilty Crown, Selector Infected WIXOSS, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Akame ga Kill!, The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Boku no Hero Academia and i'd included C. The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Gatchaman Crowds if they acually counted as "popular". Also Mobile Suit Gundam 00 is a strong candidate to enter this list. It's so stupid but it takes itself so seriously...
Aug 14, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2018
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Yakusoku no Neverland
Mob Psycho 100 II
One Punch Man 2nd Season
Dr. Stone
Vinland Saga
Enen no Shouboutai

So, you basically hate good anime..

Edit: never mind, after checking your list I've realized this is a fake account to down vote popular series

So you're one of them
-Aincrad-Aug 14, 2019 1:38 PM
Aug 14, 2019 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Made in Abyss. It's from 2017 but I watched it recently. And it's bad.
Aug 14, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Bungou Stray dogs, not sure why I even finished it. Was ok but after the assassin girl came in it kept getting stupider.

Arifureta, it is so badly produced but at least I laughed.

One punch man season 2. God I cannot believe I chose to finish it when I could just keep reading the manga.

Fire force, decent animation with bland characters. I was so hyped for this and ended up dropping it. What a waste.

Dororo, first half was great, second half was mostly bad and the ending sucked.the premise was cool but it ended up not living to it.
Aug 14, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2019
anime dr stone is a terrible animation
Aug 14, 2019 3:39 PM
May 2016
-Aincrad- said:
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Yakusoku no Neverland
Mob Psycho 100 II
One Punch Man 2nd Season
Dr. Stone
Vinland Saga
Enen no Shouboutai

Edit: never mind, after checking your list I've realized this is a fake account to down vote popular series

So you're one of them

Says the sheep following the herd..
Aug 14, 2019 3:46 PM

Nov 2018
One punch man season 2 was the biggest letdown this year.
Aug 14, 2019 4:31 PM

Jul 2019
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
-Aincrad- said:

So you're one of them

Says the sheep following the herd..

which is worse.. sheep following the herd, or edgefag sheep who goes opposite direction based purely on spite for herd?
Aug 14, 2019 4:34 PM
Jun 2016
It's an old one but wolf girl and black prince...very easily stockholm syndrome the anime. The two leads have nothing in common and treat each other like shit but they somehow "fall in love." what the hell? no basis for their relationship at all.
Aug 14, 2019 4:35 PM

Jul 2019
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO is the worst thing i've ever seen, and that's saying a lot because i will watch pure trash and not care.
Aug 14, 2019 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
OPM 2 was a complete let down for sure, but I Want to Eat Your Pancreas was fucking abysmal and I just want to forget I watched it.
Aug 14, 2019 4:57 PM
Dec 2016
My friends convinced me to watch Chivalry of a Failed Knight earlier this year. In my opinion, it was awful but mainly because it's just not my type of anime.

The characters (except from Alice) really bugged me. The fights were alright, except from the last one since it was literally just Ikki wacking someone really hard with his sword. Also, I thought there was just too much fanservice. For example, there will be a serious scene and then it will cut to a scene where Stella cleans Ikki with her tits.

There were some good things about the show though. The bit in episode 3(i think) where the shopping centre gets held at gunpoint was pretty good and the animation in some scenes were good. The opening is also good (the ed is atrocious). I would have dropped it but I like seeing how the story progresses in a lot of shows.

Nothing against you if you do like it, It's just not for me.
BeandonTheGuyAug 14, 2019 5:02 PM
Aug 14, 2019 4:58 PM

Apr 2016
For now I would say:
- Tate no Yusha, I don’t like anything of this series
- Isekai Cheat Magician
- 7 Seeds
- Try Knights
- Demon Slayer, really boring, I’m continuing it only becouse is well animated
Aug 14, 2019 5:45 PM

Jun 2016
Haven't seen many. So far... One Punch Man S2
Aug 14, 2019 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
buzzingbee87 said:
It's an old one but wolf girl and black prince...very easily stockholm syndrome the anime. The two leads have nothing in common and treat each other like shit but they somehow "fall in love." what the hell? no basis for their relationship at all.

*nods*

I love shoujo. And I love romance. But that series looked pretty terrible. I didn't touch it. xD

@Naanchos would you like to explain why you found MiA "bad"? I'm curious; most of us here think it's amazing and wonderful.

Aug 14, 2019 6:02 PM

Apr 2017
Boku no Pico... idk most anime has a saving grace of some sorts and I dont feel it's fair to comment on anime I dropped before completing, but if pressed I'd say Kill la Kill. I watched the first episode a couple years ago and couldn't get into it, tried again a few weeks ago and I dropped it after 2 episodes.

Aug 14, 2019 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
@Chiibi Uninteresting characters with bland personalities, unexplored world that we end up knowing nothing about, weird uncomfortable humor, slow boring pace for more than half of the show, no character development, plot inconsistencies and weird mix between moe characters and good art in the environment (this last point is a minor one, but the contrast between the design of characters and scenario is noticeable enough for me to complain about).

Lastly, Reg is the character I dislike the most. Nobody knows his exact origin but he has long arms and he's unaffected by the "curse", so he's basically the vehicle Riko uses to go down the abyss and keep on being an irresponsible brat.
Aug 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Kaguya-sama: Love is War was the only thing from this year I dropped. I couldn't stand the characters and had zero interest in a romance between them.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2019
I've only watched a handful from this year, but of the one's I've watched either :

Fireforce
OPM (S2)
Aug 14, 2019 7:19 PM

May 2016
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Malty has to be one of the most laughable bitches in anime
Aug 14, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2019
If we're talking about trash, every single Isekai that has been released this year. Yes, I have a pure hatred for the genre.
If we're talking about biggest letdown, then I'd say Fire Force. It constantly loiters on the surface of a potentially deep narrative of the world around them, not to mention the ridiculous comedy and terrible directing. Fight scenes are animated well, but are quite lackluster.
Aug 14, 2019 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
@Naanchos

Hmm the only part I agree with is "uncomfortable humor", sure. xD I love Reg-he's adorable...but thanks for your response.

Aug 14, 2019 8:00 PM
Mar 2019
Overlord, How not to summon a demon lord, and Attack on Titan so far for me this year.
Aug 14, 2019 8:06 PM
Oct 2017
Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? was probably the worst one so far this year.
Damn,The Manga is really enjoyable,but this.....this one's just a massive letdown.
Aug 14, 2019 8:08 PM

Aug 2017
Fire force.if you search on the dictionary the word "clichè" you will find in its synonymous "Fire Force"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2019 9:13 PM

Oct 2010
Tate no Yuusha.
I didn't have to think too much, it's by far the one that annoyed me the most and the reason wasn't even the antagonists.

Kenja no Mago was also another crap...
Kim-samaAug 14, 2019 9:26 PM
Aug 14, 2019 9:41 PM
Sep 2017
Tate no Yuusha: Strong start around first four episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2019 10:39 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Worst anime I’ve seen this year:

Sweat Punch: What the actual fuck is this shit? I couldn’t stand watching the first episode, so I dropped it despite it being short.

Some other anime thst wasn’t as bad but I still disliked or didn’t care for would be Konosuba, Arifureta, and SSSS.Gridman.

In contrast to some people in this thread, I actually liked Bungou Stray dogs 3rd season and Tate no Yuusha (though not that much).
LeonhartAugustAug 14, 2019 10:45 PM
Aug 14, 2019 10:42 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:
Jus1294 said:

THAT WAS IT!! Um yeah, we turned it off after like...15 minutes. xD The focus on the butt penetration was just the nail in the coffin.

Those scenes made me super uncomfortable and disgusted but I somewhat got passed that.
Aug 15, 2019 12:58 AM
Jun 2017
Worst anime movie i have seen this year: Tenki no ko.
Aug 15, 2019 12:58 AM
Apr 2017
Dr. stone would be by far the worst if I hadn't also watched that wretched garbage that is Asura this year. And to be honest, I'm split, Asura at least was not boring and didn't pretend to be anything more than what it was. Honourable mentions to satsuriku no tenshi and tonari no kaibutsu-kun, lazy crap the both of them.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 15, 2019 2:43 AM

Jul 2019
Fairy Gone. I hoped it would get better until it was over.
Aug 15, 2019 6:00 AM

Mar 2015
I haven't watched much this year, but I don't think anything could top Utsu Musume Sayuri. That was certainly... something.
Aug 15, 2019 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
WatchTillTandava said:
Going solely based on what was the most frustrating to watch, probably the second season of Spice and Wolf.

How to take a good first season and a great promising premise and shoot it to shit in no time. I don't believe I rated a show watched this year lower.

A pretty intersting opinion because Spice and Wolf S2 is my favorite example for a second season which is exactly as awesome as the first season
Aug 15, 2019 7:01 AM

Jun 2019
I haven't seen anything particularly awful this year, but the show I liked the least was How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift, it just didn't resonate with me, so I dropped it.
Aug 15, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2013
probably just one punch man season 2, the animation was awful and that ruined lots of stuff for me

Aug 15, 2019 7:54 AM
Jun 2016
@Chiibi I completely agree- it was a waste of time. I ADORE the romance/shojo category but that was one of the worst entries I've ever seen. Even Clannad was better (at the risk of a polarizing opinion, I hated Clannad for the forced feels).
Aug 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Feb 2015

...but unfortunately, I did watch Fairy Gone this year...which is going to be pretty hard to top, especially considering I have rather selective taste (I tend to only watch anime that are being hyped or are produced by a reputable studio). Jesus Christ though, Fairy Gone was a flaming turd. As dull as OPM was this year, at least it wasn’t as bad as that heaping pile of trash.

Agree with your Fairy Gone thoughts, it was so disappointing and boring.
Aug 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
The anime hasn't even finished yet, but the anime adaption of Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou is absolutele trash. It's so incredibly awful, I don't understand how they think they remotely did a good job. It's a shame because I've heard such good things from manga readers.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - 33 minutes ago

4 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» Who are your worst protagonists of all time?

DickMagic23 - 31 minutes ago

6 by rohan121 »»
4 minutes ago

» Does episode length matter

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

11 by Lhundrup »»
7 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - May 14

66 by m_alhafidz »»
9 minutes ago

» Different scores to the anime’s seasons

Yonahim_Zz - 4 hours ago

21 by GentleDragonite »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.