Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I see Senku is still living his life as a survivor now that he is free.

Seems Taiki also has found his own resolve to survive in this primitive world. I still can't help but laugh a bit at some of the character chemistry humor especially between Taiki and Yuzuriha. Never change lol. Kohaku is awesome, really hope to see more of her this season. Lol, the Einstein reference.
Stark700Aug 9, 2019 6:46 AM
Aug 9, 2019 7:58 AM
Dec 2017
So both Senku and Taiju already gof waifus.
Aug 9, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2018
YES! Episodes are getting better week after week....
We got second part of Senkuu's flashback and his theories of petrification and revival.
And Finally Kohaku :D Her VA sound amazing,cant wait for more...
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 9, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Taiju, Yuzuriha, and Senkuu went on different missions. Kohaku's character seems interesting and I hope we get to see more of her. Overall, not a bad episode I would say. We got to see more of Senkuu past after he was revived.

Aug 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
Lol Tsukasa Empire. That name is too hard to be taken seriously. So, a possibility for the petrification was probably a medical experiment that went wrong. A quite interesting theory. Taiju and Yuzuriha are going to spy on Tsukasa but that's a bit hard to believe that the latter would just accept them in his own nation without suspecting them for revenge but then again he has superhuman strength and reflexes to be concerned with them. I like Kohaku already and it's pretty interesting that the human race had already started breeding but were unable to pass their knowledge over modern technology to their descedants.
Aug 9, 2019 8:26 AM
Mar 2016
MonkeyDHunter said:
I like Kohaku already and it's pretty interesting that the human race had already started breeding but were unable to pass their knowledge over modern technology to their descedants.

If you think about it though, it doesn't mean they didn't pass it on. It's just that people who have never seen modern science can't imagine what it is or looks like because they've never experienced it themselves. And if the story gets told over a few generations, more and more of the real meaning will get lost, because the people telling the stories don't know themselves what the content of the stories actually means.
TheEnhancedExeAug 9, 2019 8:59 AM
Aug 9, 2019 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
the main girl and main love interest of Senku is here (or rather have an interest in Senku) Kohaku looks sexy hot in full color than in the manga

and i love this quote

Aug 9, 2019 8:42 AM
Feb 2015
Having to wait a week for this is killing me...
Aug 9, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Senkus revival and the build up, absolutely epic.

And oh yes, the source of fanservice(Kohaku) finally enters. I hope the anime can captivate some nice shots from the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2019 8:47 AM
Feb 2018
Well, I've already put up with the fact that first few minutes are reserved for "Previously" part. The sixth episode takes it to a completely new level. EIGHT. MINUTES. HOLLY. CRAP.
Aug 9, 2019 8:49 AM

Apr 2015
ayy revival
and confirmed albert einstein anime opening

also the new chick seems awesome
Aug 9, 2019 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Yes keep the questions pilling up lol ,too many mysteries behind the petrification and finally Kohaku appears in the anime.This upcoming arc is just so great.
Aug 9, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
Wonderful! I love this manga and this episode was really good, hope to get more people into Dr.STONE because it's great and deserves all the love!
Aug 9, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2014
TheEnhancedExe said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
I like Kohaku already and it's pretty interesting that the human race had already started breeding but were unable to pass their knowledge over modern technology to their descedants.

If you think about it though, it doesn't mean they didn't pass it on. It's just that people who have never seen modern science, can't imagine what it is or looks like because they've never experienced it themselves. And if the story gets told over a few generation, more and more of the real meaning will get lost, because the people telling the stories don't know themselves what the content of the stories actually means.

That's actually a really nice way to describe the situation.
Aug 9, 2019 8:56 AM

Feb 2019
I really wanna know how the person who starts these threads gets them up so quickly, screenshots and quotes lol.

Best girl finally arrived on the scene, it's hotting up
Aug 9, 2019 9:03 AM
Apr 2016
nobody s talking about the fact that the opening literally started mid episode lol
Aug 9, 2019 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
Franck_Nicolas said:
nobody s talking about the fact that the opening literally started mid episode lol

err thats not unusual in anime
Aug 9, 2019 9:08 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I love this show. Senkuu created his first machine by using the pulley system. Taiju and Yuzuriha are going on an undercover mission, but will Tsukasa accept them. Best girl alert in Kohaku, she so hot.
Aug 9, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
BEST GIRL KOHAKU IS HERE!
but we'll see it in the next eps

Also, just to clarify.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Well, I've already put up with the fact that first few minutes are reserved for "Previously" part. The sixth episode takes it to a completely new level. EIGHT. MINUTES. HOLLY. CRAP.

It's not 'previously' if it's contents we've never seen before

Superns18 said:
I really wanna know how the person who starts these threads gets them up so quickly, screenshots and quotes lol.

They watch the raws

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
LoveLikeBloodJan 15, 2020 1:30 AM
Aug 9, 2019 9:10 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
This show is just too epic, combining shonen hype and the scientific method in a survival environment, pretty sweet combo.
Aug 9, 2019 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Senkuu's revival build up was really nice.
That Einstein picture. XD

Kohaku finally gets introduce, looking forward to seeing more of her for more reasons than one. XD
Aug 9, 2019 9:12 AM

Jan 2017
Oh yeah, stone age Saber is finally here! From now onwards it will be getting only better and better!
Aug 9, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2019
Now we are in the Second arc of Dr. Stone and this right here folks is where the series really shine. Now this Excites me :)
Aug 9, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
ttcchen said:

Kohaku believes in science but more importantly in Senku and i know you know that being a manga reader and this episode is one proof of that too, and since this is a shonen its more likely their ship will sail in the end

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added to quote
LoveLikeBloodJan 15, 2020 1:32 AM
Aug 9, 2019 9:29 AM

Jul 2019
Kohaku finally made it. Her assaulting Tsukasa was sooo good. Thankfully, they put the construction of the pulley into the outro. Could not have waited a week for another invention.
Aug 9, 2019 9:33 AM

Feb 2018
Really good episode,Senku finally got his waifu

Aug 9, 2019 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Now i wonder how Senku and others woke up.

Ohhh so Stone Era Saber likes Senku hahahaha that's good, great ending!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 9, 2019 9:41 AM
Apr 2018
So like, I really get misty vibes from the new girl. Every time I see her in the OP I only think "wow she reminds me a lot of Misty from pokemon for some reason" Anyone else get that?
Aug 9, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2015
I accidentally voted it a 1. I wanted to press 5 but pressed 1 instead 😂. Is there a way to change it?
Aug 9, 2019 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
Smug Kohaku is best Kohaku

Best girl finally arrives

Aug 9, 2019 10:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mate, this was such a gold episode! Excellent soundtracks (and the usages), solid science and just a brilliant combination of it all. Definitely the 'make' from 'make-or-break' episode for me, right here! No wonder why this is such a hit in the Shonen category!

First up, more info and monologues from Senku's side regarding his experiment and his handling of the whole Stone Age period. Awesome way to bring back Senku too with the casual science dump but that moment of synchronization of that touching quote from the two was a really awesome addition! Great stuff! Really loved that ost which played during Senku's attempts at reviving Taiju though, and lol @ that "HUH?!!" expression. And then second half onwards, back to current events. Yuzuriha coming up with that trick of supporting the neck was really nice and Senku using that flag as a farewell to Taiju was really touching. Damn, they may actually never meet again now but it's good to see they'r on full course to doing their parts. Meanwhile, we're introduced to Kohaku who is a really intriguing character so far. But of courses she doesn't even a millimeter of a chance against Tsukasa's might. Looks like she's fallen for Senku too, how very nice! I was really looking forward to Senku's reaction but oh well that's for later I suppose. Damn, building that pulley on the spot though, Senku never disappoints.

Lol, was the opening even necessary this episode though? I actually thought the episode ended when it came on xD. Definitely hyped for more! I'm glad that I'm finally the understanding why this show has this much of a hype and advertising from CR now, because I feel like I'm nearly on board too lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 9, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
The idea of primitive people is interesting. Great ending to the episode too.

Though the progress feels pretty slow so far.
Aug 9, 2019 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
its gonna be a long wait for season 3 of the anime to see Kohakus cat meme faces in full color

Aug 9, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2010
So...does Senku now has a girlfriend?
Aug 9, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
Welp finally a pretty nice episode, The gang go their own ways. Nice to see the explanations and theories behind all the stuff being worked on
Aug 9, 2019 10:39 AM
Jul 2016
New Waifu=Kohaku :D
I'll Give this anime 10.000.000.000.000 Points. Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 9, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2018
KuroYume-96 said:

An admirer, maybe. Honestly, Senku doesn't strike me as a character that spends any time worrying about his love life, but we'll see.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 9, 2019 10:42 AM

Mar 2017
I'M SO EXCITED! This is my favourite arc and i loooooove Kohaku! She's such a badass. I can't wait for the rest of the Stone World Natives to be introduced!
Aug 9, 2019 10:47 AM

Sep 2010
axel360 said:
KuroYume-96 said:

An admirer, maybe. Honestly, Senku doesn't strike me as a character that spends any time worrying about his love life, but we'll see.

me neither, but would be a funny plot twist
Aug 9, 2019 11:07 AM
Nov 2018
Senku: "It's the foundation of science that old man Einstein derived."

It is not "the foundation of science". Science is a method. If anyone should be called its founder it should be Isaac Newton, who wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica outlining the principles of science: observation, hypothesis, experiment that can be replicated, proven theory, etc. Principia also advanced physics by leaps and bounds. He even invented new calculus to be able to do so.

Einstein did not invent the E=MC2 formula, it was invented by an Italian and another man. But as so often the one who gets credit is the one with better connections and who is favored by the media owners. It is similar to the discovery that the dinosaurs weren't lizards: The man who discovered this was ignored in favor of a professor who hated him, but who was better established and therefore got written about in Britain's science magazines.

Correspondence discovered about twenty years ago also shows that Einstein's calculations were actually done by a German student working for him. But Einstein was favored by the press, so this was hidden.
Aug 9, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2014
ugmon said:
ttcchen said:

Also, just to clarify. Kohaku isn't gonna be Senku's girl, waifu, a part of his harem, or his ship and whatnot. Senku's only 'girl' is SCIENCE-CHAN!!! No women can stand a chance against the all mighty SCIENCE-CHAN!!!

Kohaku believes in science but more importantly in Senku and i know you know that being a manga reader and this episode is one proof of that too, and since this is a shonen its more likely their ship will sail in the end
idk. In canon whenever someone showed affection towards Senku (both male and female) he showed disgust, and he only ever blushes and smiles when he's working on science. Kohaku and all the later characters all believe in science and senku and none is hinted to be in a ship with him.
instead of ships these twos are more like bros. Also don't watch Dr Stone expecting the common shounen tropes cause you'll be disappointed.
Aug 9, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
ttcchen said:
ugmon said:

idk. In canon whenever someone showed affection towards Senku (both male and female) he showed disgust, and he only ever blushes and smiles when he's working on science. Kohaku and all the later characters all believe in science and senku and none is hinted to be in a ship with him.
instead of ships these twos are more like bros. Also don't watch Dr Stone expecting the common shounen tropes cause you'll be disappointed.

im a manga reader too and i know that this is not your typical shonen but its not like Attack on Titan serious shonen though so this has more chance of following the shipping formula of common shonens

and because both Kohaku and Senku are like the main characters anyway its like a natural fit for them to be ship too especially being the opposite sex, this episode is like a massive foreshadowing in their shipping too in the end of the story anyway
LoveLikeBloodJan 15, 2020 1:33 AM
Aug 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Nov 2014
Hegar said:
Senku: "It's the foundation of science that old man Einstein derived."

It is not "the foundation of science". Science is a method. If anyone should be called its founder it should be Isaac Newton, who wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica outlining the principles of science: observation, hypothesis, experiment that can be replicated, proven theory, etc. Principia also advanced physics by leaps and bounds. He even invented new calculus to be able to do so.

Einstein did not invent the E=MC2 formula, it was invented by an Italian and another man. But as so often the one who gets credit is the one with better connections and who is favored by the media owners. It is similar to the discovery that the dinosaurs weren't lizards: The man who discovered this was ignored in favor of a professor who hated him, but who was better established and therefore got written about in Britain's science magazines.

Correspondence discovered about twenty years ago also shows that Einstein's calculations were actually done by a German student working for him. But Einstein was favored by the press, so this was hidden.
... wow i did not know that. The truth really is cruel huh. Sucks that they don't teach the truth in the textbook, not even american textbooks, let alone Japanese textbooks, so don't blame the authors for not knowing the truth.
Aug 9, 2019 11:26 AM
Feb 2009
well this episode flew by rather quickly but we finally meet Senku's waifu
Aug 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
01:10-01:16
I just love how Senku's eyes shimmered when he saw Taiju :(((

Anyways, I already ship Senku with Kohaku already haha

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
It should be interesting to see how well Senku, Taiju, and Yuzuriha's plan works, assuming it even works the way they want it to at all.

Looks like Senku has found himself a new companion, Kohaku seems pretty likable so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 9, 2019 11:32 AM

Nov 2014
ugmon said:
ttcchen said:

im a manga reader too and i know that this is not your typical shonen but its not like Attack on Titan serious shonen though so this has more chance of following the shipping formula of common shonens

and because both Kohaku and Senku are like the main characters anyway its like a natural fit for them to be ship too especially being the opposite sex, this episode is like a massive foreshadowing in their shipping too in the end of the story anyway
honestly i think you don't understand the both of them enough. Senku is practically depicted as asexual/aromantic and Kohaku is a gorilla who showed no interest in the boys whatsoever. This may be a shounen but it doesn't have a romantic undertone. There are even little to no fanservice from the girls, not even a beach, swimming chapter. You're a manga reader so you should've know how different the formula of this story is and how it is completely different from all the other shounens. You can ship them all you want but I stand my point that they won't get together. (Also i insist that the main female lead in this fic is not Kohaku, but SCIENCE-CHAN)
LoveLikeBloodJan 15, 2020 1:34 AM
Aug 9, 2019 11:44 AM
May 2019
Oh, okay. This episode was better than the previous 2 ones. We (finally) were introduced to another character, that apparently is born in this stone world or came out of petrification as a kid. Loved that petrification was more explained and that they are making real progress on the story. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Aug 9, 2019 11:44 AM
Aug 2018
I think it's getting better with each episoodee... this is exhilarating
Aug 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Sep 2012
My first thought is that I was pretty sure he wasn't dead, but I don't know if he really did die when Taiju and "revived" him.

And now there's a new female character showed up, I think it's great to have another girl in the series, and her and Senkuu is a good couple. Dumb strong girl x Genius weak boy. This is interesting
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.