Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 24, 2019 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
They didn't last even a single hour out of the three days siege allotment. Hermes has masterfully deduced the deception, the Trojan Horse (Lili in Luan's appearance) which caused further misinformation, misdirection and total communication breakdown on Apollo Familia. The name of a World Item in another anime, Overlord has a befitting name for this episode... Downfall of Castle and Country, in this case a Familia and not a country.

Now they got a better and bigger place! So Apollo's going back to Olympus now?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 27, 2019 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
Bell is the real One Punch Man
Sep 28, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2016
Like when you can kill minotaurs, ogres and stuff but you can't get rid of a priestess without help. Poor Cassandra tho. I wonder if this will be the last time I see her. Fortunately, there is no Ajax in this story as far as I know.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting the entire Apollo Familia to be wipe out in one single episode. Furthermore, the way how Bell and co. beat them was quite easy and anticlimactic. Quite disappointing considering the build up this confrontation received.
Anyways, at least I'm glad there won't be more of this cartoonish villain Apollo from now on. Such a pathetic antagonist, honestly.
And on a side note, this might be just nitpicking but I'm a bit disappointed that nobody died in this called "War Game"...

Now, about some things I actually liked... I especially liked the analogy of Lili (disguised as that brat) being the Troy Horse and leaving the predictable conclusion aside, I really enjoyed how the fortress assault was executed. Ryu and Mikoto were also really cool.
Sep 30, 2019 6:49 PM

May 2012
That was awesome! Fantastic battle and ending! Looking forwards to see what will happen next though!
Oct 7, 2019 8:10 AM
Jan 2018
Well,Bell can power up as much as he can since he has skill called Realis Phrase which is mention on season 1.
Oct 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
An excellently executed victory!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 11, 2019 12:45 AM
Oct 2018
that frisbee attack could have been avoided if he’d just stab that chick instead of say “ooooh let me go”
Nov 13, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
i was cracking up on hestia and appolo scene near end 😂😂😂😂😂
Nov 27, 2019 3:46 PM
Apr 2016
Cool fight, but very predictable and boring. Of course, she did what she was supposed to.
Apr 23, 2020 5:31 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, Apollo lost everything! Great!!!
May 4, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2020
The battle was good, but it was anti-climax that it was aired in a single episode after such a build up
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
May 19, 2020 11:50 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like this arc is over. I still don't like Bell. I only like Hestia and the other girl characters.
May 30, 2020 2:14 PM
May 2020
If they just agree to that War Game in Episode 1 the wouldn't cause trouble. Yet they still try to escape the situation.
Jun 5, 2020 5:39 AM
Jun 2019
This war arc was rushed. The fight between bell and hyakinthos was much longer in the light novel
Aug 3, 2020 8:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
They are adapting 3 LN volumes this season, less than S1, and they were actually doing an okay job the first 3 episodes, despite low animation scenes, but this War Game was much longer in the LN, and it should have been at least 2 episodes long to start it and conclude the arc.

They have rushed before in the previous season, but here, there was just too much content that had to be properly adapted to have it work, and they were doing an okay job with that, till ep3, they really, only fucked up with the ending of the arc, which was a really important part, no to fuck up!

Whatever, I didn't like this arc that much in the LN, but I would really like them to get it right the next arc (which I guess they didn't, considering the rating S2 got)...
Sep 16, 2020 11:50 AM

Jun 2020
To be honest, I am a bit shocked that the Apollo Family fight was literally a single episode. I was kind of expecting it to be a drawn out thing that would at least until like halfway through the season, but whatever.

So far, I am liking season 1 more, but I still have 2/3rds of this season to go before I can make my final jurisdiction on this second season.
Have a great day!

Sep 17, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
wow the war game is just 1 episode eh lol

as expected Apollo loses all his property base on the OP

now Hestia Familia got their own logo or emblem too
Sep 29, 2020 6:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Stupid people did not listen the premonition girl advices. Now they would suffer such a great loss! Lol. Still its funny, i can't stop laughing. 5 vs 100 peoples and they still won the damn game. Such a joke, and i love with every determination they had, to made me laugh. Now eat that shit, Apollo! You never win against the MC, begone already. XD

Damn, a new home, its official, from the opening! They took the whole Apollo's damn place, and suddenly became a rich Familia. Great turned of event, only in 4 episodes. Nice, i like with these nonsensical, its suit a lot! XD

Now what else? Judging by the title from what i've seen, they would encounters the others familia, i guess? Well, let see. Because i don't quite understand the exact plot so far. So, yeah first, let them had a fun together using all of the wealthy booty they got!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 13, 2020 12:23 AM

Feb 2019
Oh hell yeah.

Apollo got his shit pushed IN dude. Love love love that. That little arrogant brat got everything taken away from him. Too bad Hestia didn't demand "Kill yourself," but I'm ok with this too. The action felt a little lackluster, since we as an audience weren't in on the planning or the really nitty-gritty of the training arc, but it was still satisfying nonetheless to see Apollo appalled.

So can Bell just pull out Argonaut whenever he wants to? Because that's kind of overpowered. He'd have the ability to overcome any great obstacle and apply it to any obstacle. I really hope not. In my opinion, it should be just a trump card, an explanation for plot armor when Bell really really needs it.

It seems like Crozzo, Lili, and Mikoto are permanently joining Hestia's familia. I'm actually really glad for this, since the show is pushing more side characters into the spotlight. Mikoto especially, since she felt like an add-on the last season.

Hestia is Best-ia.
Oct 22, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
Another well-executed episode, another reminder of what's a standard that anime should hold up to. I think that not dragging this on was the best decision, if you can tell the story in just a few notes there's rarely a good reason to do otherwise. Apollo didn't get castrated, but hey, what he got was pretty close.
Oct 25, 2020 2:01 AM

Sep 2018
The narrative has only very few defects: the first is that the presence of the traitor was too telegraphed even if well disguised, the second is that not much has been spent in the fighting as choreography and in the quality of the animations. Not bad the climax, the episode was really engaging throughout the course of the battle, too bad for not making the clash between Giacinto and Bell more epic. The OST was well calibrated on the narrated events, good quality drawings, animations and backgrounds throughout the rest of the episode. It was nice to see some very secondary characters and finally you understand why Hestia and companions move house and where that sumptuous building comes from, even if I liked more the dilapidated church where they lived before, it was so vintage, oh well! The very first moments of the episode remind me of a scene that I have seen who knows where, even if now it does not occur to me, but it will surely be a loan taken from somewhere, I feel it.

P.S. In the end, a good punch is always the best thing.
Nov 25, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
The conclusion of this arc was pretty good, everyone helped each other and Lily infiltrating the enemy castle was an interesting plot twist.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2021 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Yesssssss, win! Though it was pretty obvious, if he lost the show would've pretty much ended. Also glad they ended it in one episode, don't think it would've been worth it to spend another episode on the war game. Also from the opening I already guessed they would get his mansion, cool that Hestia did not hold back and also disbanded his familia and exiled him from the town haha.
Apr 14, 2022 2:48 AM

May 2020
Just one episode it took for Bell-sama and his crew to annihilate Apollo's army. WOW.

Was a dreadful conclusion if I say.
Jun 28, 2022 9:53 PM

Jan 2020
Bell said "Our War Game." Unfortunately I doubt it's a reference to Digimon. I'd like this series a lot better if it referenced Digimon.

Suddenly if Apollo wins Hestia is getting kicked out of the lower worlds? Did he just add a bunch of conditions when no one was looking?

There sure are a lot of annoying characters in this show. Like, does Ganesha even need to be a character?

Well that "war game" was rather anticlimactic. I certainly didn't expect it to be resolved within one episode and with a single punch. The fighting has taken a dip since season one eh? I might not end up liking this season very much then.

Hestia should probably commission a real artist to do that emblem..

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Jan 2019
The show can stumble at times, but god damn doea it always deliver on those climaxes.

Jul 20, 2022 7:59 PM
Jun 2019
I still don’t think of this as redemption. That man should have been executed

Too bad Baby Bell isn’t an advocator of gender equality. There were SO MANY DIFFERENT ways, he could have made her let go.

This is STILL NOT A REDEMPTION
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Oct 7, 2022 7:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a decent arc, but i think it needed another episode or two, at least half the season to feel satisfying, this was just a bit too short. Folks from Summer 2019 were glad they wrapped up the arc fast but I was enjoying it, it’s just a shame it ended so soon. And while I’m a bit disappointed in how the fight went, it goes to show Apollo’s 100 man army was mainly just a couple strong guys and one really strong guy, the other 90% of guys were all average joes that didn’t do anything significant and made stupid blunders, numbers don’t mean much when it’s comprised of dumbasses lol.

And the fact they don’t make use of their biggest asset, being Cassandra who could tell the future. Of course no one believing in her ties in with actual mythology but it is a bit ironic that they lost when they have the best source of info possible. I’m also glad Bell got beat up a bit before winning, and as the foreshadowing told he won when his enemy was going for the finishing blow lol.

And the OP gave it away but not like it was hard to predict anyway, Hestia familia now owns a huge mansion just for 5 people lol. It feels weird but I’m sure it’ll be normal after a few episodes. Also I don’t feel bad for Apollo but I wonder what will happen to all his children, I hope that isn’t the last we see of the waifus Daphne and Cassandra lol, I guess they’ll have to find new familias.
Oct 10, 2022 9:36 PM

Nov 2020
LETS GOOOOOOO! THEY WONNN! THAT WAS SO EPIC!

Apollo Familia got what they deserved fr fr
Oct 10, 2022 9:42 PM

Nov 2020
The result of the War Game is gonna be a huge benefit for Hestia Familia. I mean look, all of Apollo's money, his base. Can't wait for Bell and the others adventure!
Nov 14, 2022 3:36 PM
Jan 2018
I never read the light novel but I wish they did this like an arc instead than just one episode.
Jan 6, 2023 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
Bell arrives.
Boku-tachi no Wo Gemu!
Bell leaves.
Dat booty.
Syr gives Bell a pendant.
Loki. Hephaestus.
Hephaestus oppai.
Ouranos. Hermes power.
Mord betting on Hestia.
Ryu using swords. Melforce! Explosion!

Definitely a dip in quality in this episode. They really spoiled the new home in the OP and ED. Should have just did a Version 2.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 18, 2023 2:35 PM

May 2021
Did they seriously had to cram bullshit games event in this show as well. I am sick and tired of that trope already. It's cheap and lazy way to artificially create drama and it's annoying.
Feb 27, 2023 7:59 AM

Nov 2010
2:11 It's to be expected. They'll win the war game and have that huge mansion to themselves.
I find Cassandra cute.
Watching Ryu fight was such a treat! I like her outfit. She has sexy armpits!
Mar 21, 2023 7:02 AM

Feb 2022
Ultimate Card: Trojan Horse!
Apr 1, 2023 3:18 AM

Aug 2018
I'm glad to see that Apollo got what he had coming.  At the end of the he was just a prideful bully, eg trash in my book and deserving of being dropped alive into a septic tank.
May 30, 2023 12:18 PM

Oct 2019
War Game is finally over. A neat -and cheap- way to upgrade their residence too :)
Jun 13, 2023 9:01 PM
Feb 2020
I liked how the party used their strength to outmaneuver the stronger but arrogant force.
Jul 29, 2023 9:24 PM
Nov 2022
Empieza el juego de guerra, maldita sea, todos quieren a Bell.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.