Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 2, 2019 5:15 AM

Oct 2017
i have no idea what is going on, can someone explain it here?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 2, 2019 5:18 AM

Dec 2018
LeofardoVC said:
I have no idea what is going on, can someone explain it here?

same I just saw it; I remember something similar happened with one punch man, but the score went up in that case
Aug 2, 2019 5:19 AM
May 2019
It's probably just a bug, but we will have to wait and see.
Aug 2, 2019 5:27 AM
Sep 2016
Oh did they catch some of the bot accounts already? Sweet
1.1.Six
Aug 2, 2019 5:37 AM
Apr 2019
Finally removing the bots that give this 8/10 show the 10 it doesn't deserve, it's in it's rightful place, I'd even put it way low, but, I guess it can pass at that grade.
Aug 2, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2016
JudoJD said:
I highly doubt there would have been that many bot accounts with 10s to have that kind of impact on the score xD
Aug 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Dec 2018
JudoJD said:

then why haven't other animes got their score lowered? (I'm not a fan of fmab)
Aug 2, 2019 5:58 AM
Aug 2018
Good, the score was fake AF
Aug 2, 2019 5:58 AM

Dec 2018
justasadguy said:
JudoJD said:

It's probably a similar case to One Punch Man, where it got its ranking boosted upto #22 from #46 of a sudden, before going back to its usual ranking place, a.k.a. just a bug/glitch. Even in that case, the score of all the other anime remained the same.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Aug 2, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
I just woke up, so I felt like doing some math to turn my brain on.

Let's find the average score of FMA:B manually.

So, that's interesting. It's almost right in the middle between the previous 9.24 and current 9.10. So, let's do this for Attack on Titan 3.5 and see what happens.

Still a bit lower than the currently displayed 9.16, but closer. It's said that an anime's average score doesn't count unless three episodes have been completed, but they'll still show up here. Let's pull out something completely random: 3-gatsu no Lion 2, with a 9.04 score.

So, it would seem the "true" score of an anime is slightly lower than the one actually displayed, but in the end FMA:B is currently glitched and should be at least 9.18. Stay in school.
Aug 2, 2019 6:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MAL scores have been updating really weirdly lately in general. Delayed updates, sudden inexplicable score jumps etc. This is most likely just a temporary thing but fuck knows what's going on atm
Aug 2, 2019 6:06 AM

May 2014
Seems like either bots or a glitch, not sure which one I'd say is more likely.
Aug 2, 2019 6:06 AM

Oct 2015
see
this wouldnt have happened if we had changed fmabs name to its jp version
hagane no reinkinjitsushi

its currently the only bugged out anime and its the only jp named show with a eng name on this site
proof

#change fmabs name to jp
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 2, 2019 6:23 AM

Dec 2016
It’s a glitch. The number of scores into the average should be around 850k (last time I looked), but currently MAL is only accounting for 792k scores. It’s been happening a lot recently with a bunch of shows (that it just randomly stops accounting for a chunk of scores for a day or two).
Aug 2, 2019 6:32 AM

Jun 2015
Still too high of a mean score for such a mediocre series
Aug 2, 2019 6:35 AM

Jun 2014
We did it ShingeKINOchads, the #1 spot belongs to ErenxHistoria!

Aug 2, 2019 6:51 AM

Jan 2017
And here I thought the king was finally dethroned...
Aug 2, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2018
345EdwardElric said:
justasadguy said:

It's probably a similar case to One Punch Man, where it got its ranking boosted upto #22 from #46 of a sudden, before going back to its usual ranking place, a.k.a. just a bug/glitch. Even in that case, the score of all the other anime remained the same.

even I remember it, I hope it's just a glitch tough
Aug 2, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2007
The actual score is 9.182.
The 1/3rd rule weighted score 9.242.

So hold you peanuts before going nuts.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 2, 2019 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
shanimebib said:

1/5 th rule
not 1/3
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 2, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2018
Anyways I don't really care about MAL mean scores. People shouldn't as well.
Aug 2, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2007
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
shanimebib said:

1/5 th rule
not 1/3

Yeah. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Also, if I wanted I could create 2000 accounts in the next 10 days (assuming I have no life) and give FMA:B 1/10s and never get caught. I have already notified the site admin about the flaw in the system but it was not resolved.

Of course I am not gonna mention how it works because the situation would just go out of hand. Let the HxH(2011) pedophiles have their way.

Part of the reason I have stopped adding anime to my database. I use anikore now. If one's gotta be a proper weeb, they have gotta do it right, you know.
Coronavirus.
Aug 2, 2019 7:46 AM

Jan 2019
After 8 years of being the Top Anime !
Your place have been taken by a damn overrated anime with a childish fans :(
I started hatin' Aot because of it's Fans !
RIP FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
You was/are/and will be always my Favorite Anime
Aug 2, 2019 7:47 AM

Oct 2015
aot fans did it already anyways dw about it
Aug 2, 2019 7:48 AM

Oct 2015
Kurapikakurta123 said:

better delete that or you're gonna get lynched by the kera squad :>
Aug 2, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2015
For every Einstein that tries to manually calculate the FMA:B score, have fun manually filtering out 158,876 ineligible scores. Oh and you'll also need to find the mean across the entire database, which can be estimated by finding a show that's just above 50 eligible scores, substituting Wr, S, V, M and solving for C. But then again it still won't be exact since weighted score in MAL only shows 2 digits after the decimal point. How fun.
Auron_Aug 2, 2019 8:04 AM
Aug 2, 2019 8:03 AM
Oct 2018
LeofardoVC said:
i have no idea what is going on, can someone explain it here?

I don't know whether it is a technical problem but fmab is finally at the position it deserves. Don't hate me but I really think it never deserved first place.
Aug 2, 2019 8:10 AM

Nov 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist__Brotherhood/stats?m=all#members
now this is ridiculous. I wonder if its multiple people or just one dude...

plz @ me
Aug 2, 2019 8:11 AM

Sep 2016
Yesterday FMAB had 1.489.572 members... today this number drop to 1,494,607 members

It's simple, or it's a bug or they pretty much desactivated bot accounts. Not a big deal tho. Never cared with this MAL rank, because the system to vote is kinda trash :)
Aug 2, 2019 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
@Armins2

1.489.572 members... today this number drop to 1,494,607 members

It's simple, or it's a bug or they pretty much desactivated bot accounts. Not a big deal tho. Never cared with this MAL rank, because the system to vote is kinda trash :)

I have no idea what you're talking about though, cuz 1,494,607 is actually greater than 1,489,572 members LMAO. It actually increased
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Aug 2, 2019 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
@Armins2

I have no idea what you're talking about though, cuz 1,494,607 is actually greater than 1,489,572 members LMAO. It actually increased

Lol i didn't pay attention, and read wrong lmao. I've read 1.484,607 must be a bug then.

But i doubt SNK will stay on that postion for too long, i have already checked the activity of both animes and the amount of accounts voting 1 to SNK and 10 to FMAB in the latest hours is pretty funny lmao, i don't really care about it which one is the first, but increasing the rank by fake accounts is pretty ridiculous too
Aug 2, 2019 8:48 AM
Jan 2018
Good. They probably got rid of some of the bot and spam accounts FMAB fanboys have made to blow it's score up to keep it high. Hopefully they'll get rid of the ones made to keep others from getting the top spot the show never deserved it's absurdly high score in the first place.
Aug 2, 2019 8:55 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Please be back, shingeki in the top 1 its just disgusting.
Aug 2, 2019 8:56 AM
Jan 2018
Animaniaig said:
Good. They probably got rid of some of the bot and spam accounts FMAB fanboys have made to blow it's score up to keep it high. Hopefully they'll get rid of the ones made to keep others from getting the top spot the show never deserved it's absurdly high score in the first place.
oh that explains it lol
Aug 2, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2018
024 said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist__Brotherhood/stats?m=all#members
now this is ridiculous. I wonder if its multiple people or just one dude...

oh yes, i love MAL lmao

that's sad

Aug 2, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
who cares about numbers in MYanimelist. grow up you manchild, getting so worked up because of some arbitrary ranking is as far as peak of idiocy as i can tell. there's not enough bot accounts to truly matter when it comes to the score of shows like fmab or death note.

there's literal millions of votes and at best there's a few thousand bots because they are constantly deleted. to believe its just there because of bots is delusion. sure i personally don't think its the pinnacle of anything, but the point is that at the end of the day what matters is what YOU think of the show.
Aug 2, 2019 9:13 AM
Apr 2019
Kurapikakurta123 said:
lol man,, u r too much over reacting.AoT also suffers from some weirdo haters and gets downvoted everyday.
Every anime has hardcore fanservice.U can't hate an anime just because of the fans. Try to enjoy whatever u like but please Don't hate something like that way...
Also regarding the score facts, I think it's an error. will be solved soon.
Aug 2, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
345EdwardElric said:
@Armins2

Omae wa ahou nano? If you added the digits in the second one, it would give you 31. Yesterday's would give you 36. So, the OP was right. Go back to school LMAO.
Coronavirus.
Aug 2, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2017
Wtf happened????????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
Mucosa said:
Wtf happened????????

Either bots were deleted or a glitch

Aug 2, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
Same thing happened to OPM where it went into the 8.90's not too long ago. While I'd definitely like to not see FMAB at the top, it's probably gonna go back to original in a few days

shanimebib said:
345EdwardElric said:
@Armins2

Omae wa ahou nano? If you added the digits in the second one, it would give you 31. Yesterday's would give you 36. So, the OP was right. Go back to school LMAO.

shit bruh no need to send them to the shadow realm with your facts and logic
Aug 2, 2019 10:04 AM
Apr 2019
So, I see it's been a few hours since I last checked this shitshow, and it's still like that, hope it stays always like that, overrated 7-8/10 show, too many bots, saw like 10 comments on this thread exposing how people are creating accs just to downvote shingeki and upvote this shit, so sad, rightfully deserves to be downvoted, the place is even too high tbh, I'd put it in the 8 score category, absolutely disgusting character devepment, weakest shit I've ever seen.
Aug 2, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2016
Finally this 7/10 got dethroned. Them bots be getting caught now

actually, more fakes are being created.

I've saw fakes from both sides, but i saw major part in FMAB.
Aug 2, 2019 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Kurapikakurta123 said:

AoT community is one of the most chill. What you talking about? And it's not overrated. It receives a lot of salt.
Aug 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Dec 2018
shanimebib said:

If adding the digits of a number determine which number is bigger, by that logic 15 should be greater than 30. Totally that's the case isn't it LMFAO?

1494607 means something greater than 14 lacs 90 thousands, while 1489672 means something greater than 14 lacs 89 thousands but still lesser than 14 lacs 90 thousands. 1494607 is the greater number by basic arithmetic.

Whatever you just said is worthy of:

~Edward Elric
Aug 2, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Kurapikakurta123 said:

AoT community is one of the most chill. What you talking about? And it's not overrated. It receives a lot of salt.

Lol i'm sorry, but as a user who is often on SNK fanbase, even the users inside the fanbasem agree the the SNK fanbase is one of the most toxic and imature... If you put reddit, twitter, tumblr, MAL, facebook, fanbases all together, it's pretty toxic...

But i agree, it's not overrated, it has it fails, but not so big ones, and also receives a lot of hate, including from idiots who don't read the manga and write articles saying the manga has nazi propaganda, when in fact it doesn't.
Aug 2, 2019 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Armins2 said:
ABDoesThings said:

Lol i'm sorry, but as a user who is often on SNK fanbase, even the users inside the fanbasem agree the the SNK fanbase is one of the most toxic and imature... If you put reddit, twitter, tumblr, MAL, facebook, fanbases all together, it's pretty toxic...

But i agree, it's not overrated, it has it fails, but not so big ones, and also receives a lot of hate, including from idiots who don't read the manga and write articles saying the manga has nazi propaganda, when in fact it doesn't.
AoT comm is pretty chill imo. It's pretty toxic when it comes to the haters tho. Then things get dirty bad.
Aug 2, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2016
Armins2 said:

"SNK fanbase is one of the most toxic and imature..." I was thinking in the same way until today but now I think FMAB fanbase is more immature than any other fanbase. It's just a bug which will be fixed in two or three days but just look at this two pages:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2/stats?m=all#members
It's really pathetic.

Yeah these fake accounts creation are pretty patetic, if they are so sure it's a bug, then wouldn't have the need of creating so many bots to high score FMAB. I will be honest, it's not only FMAB fans, i saw some bot of SNK fans, but still FMAB seems to be the majority.
Aug 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Sep 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Armins2 said:

AoT comm is pretty chill imo. It's pretty toxic when it comes to the haters tho. Then things get dirty bad.

Lol the amount of hate i've seem in characters like Eren, Armin, Mikasa and from several characters of the show, coming from it's own SNK fanbase, makes me really doubt of that. Considering also the ship wars too, it's pretty toxic. The hate comes from both inside and outside of SNK fanbase.

You're lucky of not experiencing being called of mentally ill for liking a character, or end up disliking a character from the show because the character fanbase is to damn annoying. Because this happens pretty often inside the fanbase in general. (Not to count the patetic pleasure in spoiling anime-onlies)
Armins2Aug 2, 2019 10:52 AM
Aug 2, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Armins2 said:
ABDoesThings said:

Lol the amount of hate i've seem in characters like Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Zeke, Gabi and from several character of the show, inside of the fanbase, makes me really doubt of that. considering also the ship wars too, pretty toxic. The hate comes from bot inside and outside of SNK fanbase.

You're lucky of not experiencing being called of mentally ill for liking a character, or end up disliking a character from the show because the character fanbase is to damn annoying. Because this happens pretty often inside the fanbase in general. (Not to count the patetic pleasure in spoiling anime onlies)
yep, there's alot of hate in the community lol. I havent been spoiled once tho.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Today, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.