Forum Settings
Forums

Name a character you think is underrated or overhated

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 28, 2019 11:44 PM
Dec 2017
I think Yukiteru Amano is overhated. Sometimes, I really don't like the things he does... But, overall, I just view him as a relatively normal boy who's suddenly thrown into a bunch of chaos. You can't expect him to act crazy like Yuno and just start killing people. (I still don't understand why he came to love Yuno though... Ugh.)
Jul 29, 2019 12:42 AM

Oct 2018
I'm gunna get hate for this but Taiga is wayyyy overrated lol. She isn't even the best girl in the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jul 29, 2019 1:03 AM

Dec 2015
Overhated: As some have already said, Sakura Haruno and Shinji Ikari. I don't think they are as wimpy as people claim them to be. Sure, they had some moments where they showed weakness but I think that's only human and realistic behaviour in their situations.

•••Everyone wants to connect with someone else•••
~Kiznaiver
Jul 29, 2019 2:55 AM

Aug 2018
PorchmonkeyD said:
This doesn’t mean post a LOTGH or Mushishi or Aria character or whatever.

If I were to pick one I’d say Obito Uchiha from Naruto as overhated
And Judeau from Berserk as underrated
Naruto characters are the most OVERRATED character of all time.
Musha Miko Tomoe is the MOST UNDERRATED CHARACTER I have seen, according to it's own anime not as compared to the characters of other animes.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 29, 2019 3:11 AM
May 2019
Overhated:
-Kirito
-Asuna
-All of main fairy tail characters
-Emilia

Underrated:
-Black Rock Shooter
- Froppy
- Albedo
- Esdeath

@HopefulNihilist
I think Sakura is one of the best characters in the series for how much she develops: she starts off as a judgmental, whiny, useless brat, to a much more mature, stronger character.

How exactly is Sakura the best character at the begining she starts off as a judgmental, whiny, useless brat as you said , but at the end she just becomes Tsunade 2.0 with no personality of her own to speak off.

Through out the show with few exceptions she was nothing short of useless.
Her love for Sasuke is one sided and makes no sense.

To quote Sakura her self(ep. 216) "Compare to him my resolve is weak I'm a shinobi Yet all I do is cry and keep relaying on Naruto I came here thinking I was past that But I haven't prepare my self for anything I can't do a thing I can't say anything All I can do is to trust them "

So no she is hated for all the right reasons. She is probably the most prominent example of a badly written, poorly handled character in all of Shōnen anime.

Jul 29, 2019 4:28 AM

Jun 2016
Overhated

Rolo lamperouge from Code geass

Suzaku from Code geass

Overrated

Rem from Re zero

L from Deathnote

Edward elric from. fullmetal

Underrated

C.C. from. code geass(Don t see much people talk and like her that much

Jul 29, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Xstasy said:
Overhated:
-Kirito
-Asuna
-All of main fairy tail characters
-Emilia

Underrated:
-Black Rock Shooter
- Froppy
- Albedo
- Esdeath

@HopefulNihilist
I think Sakura is one of the best characters in the series for how much she develops: she starts off as a judgmental, whiny, useless brat, to a much more mature, stronger character.

How exactly is Sakura the best character at the begining she starts off as a judgmental, whiny, useless brat as you said , but at the end she just becomes Tsunade 2.0 with no personality of her own to speak off.

Through out the show with few exceptions she was nothing short of useless.
Her love for Sasuke is one sided and makes no sense.

To quote Sakura her self(ep. 216) "Compare to him my resolve is weak I'm a shinobi Yet all I do is cry and keep relaying on Naruto I came here thinking I was past that But I haven't prepare my self for anything I can't do a thing I can't say anything All I can do is to trust them "

So no she is hated for all the right reasons. She is probably the most prominent example of a badly written, poorly handled character in all of Shōnen anime.

I remember in Naruto Shippuden, Sakura did fight a lot. Sure, she wasn't as strong as some of the other characters, but that doesn't mean she was useless. But yeah, I agree that her love for Sasuke was really stupid, and I'm having difficulty figuring out what exactly her personality was later on.
Jul 29, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2018
As for overhated, people tend to look down on Ikari Shinji when he's one of the best anime characters out there. He's human, relatable and damn brave if you ask me, not like you otaku fuckers that see a bee and run to the hills. Shinji dealed with depression, father issues and constant hate on himself from the other part of the crew. He was constantly pushed to fight even if he didn't want to and never received anything from it. He thought wrong of himself because he believed if he piloted the Eva, he would be happy and people would respect him, being that so untrue.

Underrated:

Tokuchi Toua, Kaiji from Kaiji Ultimate Survivor, Kino... Those characters have the bad luck of not being your average hero. Tokuchi is so fucking smart, enough to destroy Kira and Lelouch together. Plus, he has an awesome design and in the manga he acts SO great.

As for Kaiji, he is a lazy guy that goes on a trip to win money, close to being sold as a slave. In his travel, Kaiji discover what money can do to people, what true confidence is and how to survive in this greedy worl.

Kino... Can't say anything bad about it. Kino is great, its design, its way of behaving and its incredible way of thinking.
Jul 29, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2016
Shinji Ikari is hella overhated. He just acts like normal person would at start.

Hina Tachibana is underrated. Everything she does is for Natsuo unlike Rui.
Jul 29, 2019 9:13 AM
May 2018
Sakura is overhated. I get some of the points people make about her character being annoying and weak, but is it really her fault the author gave a big 'fuck you' to all his female characters and decided to give all the spotlight to the dudes?

Goku is overrated.

Jul 29, 2019 9:23 AM
Nov 2017
Miki Sayaka from Mahou Shoujo Madoka magica seems like the most underrated character I've ever seen. She's the magnum opus of the character, yet people still loves the others more.

I can't really think about overhated character, but I'll probably choose Sonia from Berserk. Because for me, she's like Casca or Guts. She's just ignorant person who don't know anything, but that's what happening with the old band of the hawk, they don't know about
Jul 29, 2019 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Underrated: Gon Freecs from HxH. One of the best characters in fiction, probably the best shonen MC I have ever seen. People are so idiotic that they misinterpret his character arc in the Chimera Ant arc as a forced "dues ex machina" change, when in fact, the "forced change" was being hinted at in prior arcs before all the events of the CA arc took place. He is a very misunderstood character.

Overhated: Makoto from School Days. Brilliant character. Remember, someone who does bad stuff is not a bad character.
Jul 29, 2019 5:51 PM

Mar 2018
i'm mostly into more obscure shows, so these characters may be nigh unrecognizable to some of you. sorry bout that!

OVERHATED:
Akari Ozora from Aikatsu. Sure, she started as a girl who idolized Ichigo to the extent of copying her, but if you just look at that, you ignore all of her growth. She is one of my favorite characters ever and her growth was very realistic imo.

UNDERRATED:
Homare Kagayaki from Hugtto Precure. Her potential was amazing, but her arc was ruined the second they gave her a crush on Harry. Can I get an F in the chat....
Jul 29, 2019 6:11 PM
Mar 2016
Whgedia said:

Overhated: Sasuke ( People saying that his hole arc didn´t makes sense, well.. that´s the point, he is a teenager that saw his parents get kill by his brother, I would expect him to become really insane.
Sasuke's behavior was understandable, but it just came off as annoying and shit was frustrating to watch(of the 300 eps I've watched)
Jul 29, 2019 6:17 PM
Mar 2016
MeisterDM said:
Overrated characters:
Bakugou - A one-dimensional bully (don’t come at me, manga readers) that the author and the fans keep d**k-riding
Okita Sougo - He’s a horrible person who should leave Hijikata alone
I don't understand why people like Bakugou so much.
I've seen them say "Bakugo haters only hate because they don't understand the true complexity of his character." He literally has no qualities, but being a hothead.

I agree with the Sougo one too. The gag stopped being funny after a few eps
Jul 29, 2019 6:58 PM
Jul 2019
Prob no one ever hated on them but even tons of love feel like underrating the grandpa's from HxH. They're the best. And while I'm at it, Hisoka, no hating poss, so well written.
Soooo what else......? Luffy, best phony ever, he is so good at playing dumb (LSHMSFOAIDMT)
Shinji, ppl talk tough but put any random kid his age in his scenario (or any non psycho for that matter) they would melt down in 15 min, hands down.
/Most characters seem to be pretty well balanced in ratings or hatings.
Oh and some overrated ish:
Brook, Asuka, Eren, Light, Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke,
that kid from Black Clover (altho thats mostly the voice actor).
But let's focus on Brook. Might as well throw Nami overboard as well, gotta find someone who is able to read a map tho, oh agony oh agony.
Jul 29, 2019 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
Underrated: Basically anyone from Black Clover. Especially Noelle. She's the best female lead I've seen in any "battle" shounen. The series itself is just underrated in general because of the crap adaptation and initial bad reception/memes from tiny testosterone anitubers.
Jul 30, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2015
IMO Kaneki's overhated, don't see why people hate him so much, yeah, he's scared at first and he's not the strongest at the start, but he quickly learns how to deal with the situation and starts to become stronger through the story.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 30, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2016
Overhated:
- Midoriya Izuku from HA
- Emma from Promised Neverland
- Sakura from Naruto

Underrated:
- Kirishima from My Hero Academia
- Metal Knight from One Punch Man (anime)
Jul 30, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2016
Subaru Natsuki from Re:Zero is over-hated due to AHEM... ThAt OnE ScEnE WiTh REm. I get it, Rem is a top tier waifu. But a lot of the rants I see about Subaru blow what happened in “that scene” way outta proportion. Rem and Subaru were still good friends after that so what’s the problem? I could see if he was an asshat to Rem, but he had always been kind to her.

As far as underrated characters go, I think Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan doesn’t get enough RESPEK on his name. He really developed as a character from being a scared kid to being the big brains behind military operations.
Jul 30, 2019 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
pplk saying berserk and not mentioning griffith, he is totally over hated.

Me, Akabane Kuroudo, and my fav chars Kyuzo and Hiko Seijuuro are underrated.

now lets talk abt chars that are over rated and under hated, that ugly retard from love snafu [the mc boy not the girls], charlotte mc and girl, emiya shiro.
Jul 30, 2019 10:08 PM

Nov 2012
KuroudoAkabane said:

Grifith has that good type of hate though, that fits a great villain.
Jul 30, 2019 10:35 PM

Jun 2015
RandomPerson4 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

Grifith has that good type of hate though, that fits a great villain.
thts wht I dont get tho, why is he avillain? he really a victim
Jul 31, 2019 1:41 AM

Jan 2018
Underrated : Kizaru (OP) Nishinoya (Haykiyuu)

Overrated : Deku (MHA) Hinata (Naruto)

Overhated : Sasuke
Jul 31, 2019 3:11 AM

Mar 2018
Underrated: Wolfgang Grimmer (Monster)
Overhated: Emma (Yakusoku no Neverland) *not really sure if she is hated

Underhated: Every fanservice characters (especially the garb- I mean the ecchi genre)
Overrated: Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin) and L (Death Note) *sorry just my opinion keep loving them.
Jul 31, 2019 3:36 AM
Apr 2017
Aybid said:
Sakura is overhated. I get some of the points people make about her character being annoying and weak, but is it really her fault the author gave a big 'fuck you' to all his female characters and decided to give all the spotlight to the dudes?

And we should care about that why, exactly? I don't care who wrote a character or if all other characters except for that one are amazingly good: a shitty character remains a shitty character. And sakura is dump-level, honestly.

Besides which, there are far more obnoxious male than female characters in Naruto. Other than sakura, I'd say one of the other miss wimps is hugely annoying (what was her name...blond haired blue eyed snot-nosed one) and that's about it. Thankfully we didn't have to spend 500 episodes witnessing her uselessness, but she barely had any character to be worth a single episode by herself anyway.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 31, 2019 11:02 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Nurguburu said:
Overhated:
*Kirito from SAO: y'all jealous of him cuz he has a gf unlike u.
*Shinji from Eva: he's one of the most human anime characters.
*Deku from BNHA
*Bakugou from BNHA

Overratad:
*Saitama: he's boring, annoying and stupid.

Underrated:
N/A

Bakugou deserves all the hate he gets. He’s not appealing in any way and I laugh when people say he wouldn’t be popular if he wasn’t “hot” when he’s already fugly as sin. If you want good male characters in battle shounen, watch HxH, D.Gray-Man, Jojo, Rurouni Kenshin, or even Gintama (which is comedy for the most part).
Jul 31, 2019 3:47 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Yukkicchi said:
Overhated:

Furukawa Nagisa & Ibuki Fuuko (Clannad) - the first I found relatable and nice, the latter was cute imo
Bakugou Katsuki (Boku no Hero Academia) - I didn't like him myself at first but really the hate this guy gets is ridiculous at this point
Sawamura Eijun (Diamond no Ace) - Sad that people drop DnA because they dislike him, they miss out on his great character development!

Underrated:

Sakamoto Tatsuma (Gintama) - he probably would've gotten more love if Sorachi included him into more arcs smh but luckily we got more of him towards the end of the series
Imai Nobume (Gintama) - a literal queen
Tendo Satori (Haikyuu) - come on how can you not love this guy and his weird expressions
Eustass Kid (One Piece) - loving him in the recent manga chapters

MeisterDM said:
Overrated characters:

Okita Sougo - He’s a horrible person who should leave Hijikata alone

I was so ready to rant and disagree but I just can't refute this claim lmao

>Dislikes Lenalee, a girl who happens to be kind, sweet, caring, and mentally strong despite the hardships she faces but likes Bakucunt Katsushit who is aggressive, egotistical, hateful, difficult to handle, ungrateful, stubborn, spoiled, disgusting, ugly, antisocial, probably mentally ill, edgy, worse than Sasuke, etc

Aug 1, 2019 2:15 AM

Mar 2012
MeisterDM said:

>Dislikes Lenalee, a girl who happens to be kind, sweet, caring, and mentally strong despite the hardships she faces but likes Bakucunt Katsushit who is aggressive, egotistical, hateful, difficult to handle, ungrateful, stubborn, spoiled, disgusting, ugly, antisocial, probably mentally ill, edgy, worse than Sasuke, etc

I do dislike her but I won't judge nor insult anyone for liking her. People have different preferences after all so just grow up.
Aug 1, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2011
2ego said:
Sakura from Naruto is very very overhated. She's weak and realistic for a Naruto character. People complain that she's weak or "worthless," however, she's not an overpowered monster like Naruto or Sasuke, that's all. Just like normal people, she cries, she gets anxious, she worries, that's how a real character is supposed to be.

I agree! She is a medical ninja so her place is in the back lines. And she isn't even that weak. People forget about her fight with Sasori for some reason. I don't hear these same people talking about Ino being useless and WOW she really is.
Aug 1, 2019 2:40 AM

Aug 2011
Gythia said:
I have a few picks, also, I find it funny that alot of people misread overHATED as overRATED

Overhated:
- Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Emma from Promised Neverland (talking about manga stuff)
- Sengoku Nadeko from Monogatari Series
- Sodachi Oikura from Monogatari Series

Underrated:
- Kirishima from My Hero Academia
- Mr. 2 from One Piece
- Kougyoku Ren from Magi

Mr. 2 was amazing and I'm really happy to see his name here.
Aug 1, 2019 2:43 AM

Aug 2011
MeisterDM said:
Nurguburu said:
Overhated:
*Deku from BNHA
*Bakugou from BNHA

Overratad:

Underrated:
N/A

Bakugou deserves all the hate he gets. He’s not appealing in any way and I laugh when people say he wouldn’t be popular if he wasn’t “hot” when he’s already fugly as sin. If you want good male characters in battle shounen, watch HxH, D.Gray-Man, Jojo, Rurouni Kenshin, or even Gintama (which is comedy for the most part).

Woah okay, Bakugou is not as bad as you're saying, so let's slow down. Have you actually seen/read My Hero Academia? Yes he is unbearable for the first season, you can have that. But as the series progresses, so does he. That is part of what makes a good character.. change.
Aug 1, 2019 2:57 AM
May 2019
I think mob from mob psycho is very underrated and suzaku from code geass is over hated
Aug 1, 2019 3:09 AM
Jul 2019
Saitama : What should I eat for today?
Me : Fame
Aug 1, 2019 3:13 AM

Apr 2017
definitely Shinji Ikari from NGE. (overhated)

Btw OP Obito Uchiha is overhated? Im pretty sure everyone loves it as a character
Aug 1, 2019 5:15 AM

Aug 2018
Incredibly underrated: Uma Musume
Aug 1, 2019 5:22 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Cygames said:

Dude wtf are we like the same person I was literally just about to post that
Aug 1, 2019 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Shaka said:
Cygames said:

Dude wtf are we like the same person I was literally just about to post that
wtf me too.............................................................................................................................................
Aug 1, 2019 5:58 AM
Apr 2017
Talgikiwi said:
2ego said:
Sakura from Naruto is very very overhated. She's weak and realistic for a Naruto character. People complain that she's weak or "worthless," however, she's not an overpowered monster like Naruto or Sasuke, that's all. Just like normal people, she cries, she gets anxious, she worries, that's how a real character is supposed to be.

I agree! She is a medical ninja so her place is in the back lines. And she isn't even that weak. People forget about her fight with Sasori for some reason. I don't hear these same people talking about Ino being useless and WOW she really is.

1. They did, you simply didn't read previous posts

2. You're compairing a MAIN character to a comedy relief. That's like looking at dragon ball and saying "hey, isn't kurinin weaker than goku", no shit sherlock he is, he's there just to be saved because he's useless. Good thing is, we don't have hundreds of episodes of witnessing Kurinin's uselessness. Does that ring a bell at all?

3. People seem to fixate on "oh they criticise sakura cos she's weak and human" like, no, read all the posts bitte, being weak is certainly annoying (Tsunade was easily on par with both Jiraya and Orochimaru, I don't remember her having to be saved every other second by either of them, as a metre of comparison) but that's just a small part of her whole atrociousness:

1) sakura doesn't grow. Do you spot any difference between sakura at the beginning of naruto and at the end of shippuuden? Cos I certainly don't. Hell, Sasuke grows more than her, and that's saying quite a bit.
2) sakura doesn't lose anything. All her family is still there, the asshat she """loves""" is still there and sure she'll lose a friend or two along the way but no one that was important to her. Compare that to what both Naruto and Sasuke go through, while you're at it.
3) sakura gets everything she wants in the end. The complete asspull at the end of shippuuden (is it spoilers? Well everyone knows what it is anyway) that gives that so pretty and obnoxiously nonsensical ending gives her the only thing she's beein whining for for the entire duration of Naruto + Shippuuden. And as mentioned above, without losing anything along the way. Princess snot-nosed good for nothing does the least to get the most. While crying 800 episodes along the way. An endearing character to be certain.
4) sakura is a cunt. There are so many examples of that it's not even fun remembering them. Want a couple? a) Sakura tells Naruto, who had his parents killed, grew up alone/hated/mistreated, without family or friends, that he *doesn't understand her pain* because miss sakura, 10 year old with family, friends and everything someone could desire for, couldn't get Sasuke to care about her. b) sakura tells naruto "I love you" to stop him obsessing over a promise SHE had made him do. I remember when I saw that I wish I could have strangled her through the screen, that's one of the scummiest things I've ever witnessed in ANY anime, hands down. There is nothing forgivable about that, it's downright disgusting. c) I'll add the fact that she hits Naruto more than the enemies do. Not only does he do her bidding, helps her, saves her etc etc but he gets beaten on as a reward. I don't find that particularly funny myself.
5) sakura's only trait is that she wants to go down on sasuke. Yes yes, put it in more idealistic ways if you want to but that's still the long and short of it. Her own existence is only about sasuke. Naruto's obsession, while annoying as well, is at least more understandable and it's not there just because of ONE thing (i.e. oh pls sasukekun fuck me nau). Not like the whole concept of friendship, rivalry and so on is original but christ, that's still more than "be my master sasuke-kun". Characters that exist just for one reason are inherently flawed and can become annoying very easily. More so when they don't have any redeeming factors about themselves.

And those are just the first reasons that popped into my head that make sakura extremely hate-able. Being weak (she is, please stop the "she's a medic ninja" nonsense, Tsunade was a medic ninja and she was still a complete badass compared to her peers) is just a minor nuisance compared to the utter shallow scum that sakura is. If Naruto was just a 12 ep show then it'd be bearable, but having to stand her for however many hundreds of eps, well, I'm surprised she's hated this little.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 1, 2019 9:48 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Talgikiwi said:
MeisterDM said:

Woah okay, Bakugou is not as bad as you're saying, so let's slow down. Have you actually seen/read My Hero Academia? Yes he is unbearable for the first season, you can have that. But as the series progresses, so does he. That is part of what makes a good character.. change.

My list is public ffs, I’ve watched all 3 seasons of Boku Aca. No, I don’t and will never like bakugou, so fuck off with the ‘hur dur character development’ bullshit. Deal with it.
Aug 1, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2011
Kurgo said:
Talgikiwi said:

1. They did, you simply didn't read previous posts

2. You're compairing a MAIN character to a comedy relief. That's like looking at dragon ball and saying "hey, isn't kurinin weaker than goku", no shit sherlock he is, he's there just to be saved because he's useless. Good thing is, we don't have hundreds of episodes of witnessing Kurinin's uselessness. Does that ring a bell at all?

3. People seem to fixate on "oh they criticise sakura cos she's weak and human" like, no, read all the posts bitte, being weak is certainly annoying (Tsunade was easily on par with both Jiraya and Orochimaru, I don't remember her having to be saved every other second by either of them, as a metre of comparison) but that's just a small part of her whole atrociousness:

1) sakura doesn't grow. Do you spot any difference between sakura at the beginning of naruto and at the end of shippuuden? Cos I certainly don't. Hell, Sasuke grows more than her, and that's saying quite a bit.
2) sakura doesn't lose anything. All her family is still there, the asshat she """loves""" is still there and sure she'll lose a friend or two along the way but no one that was important to her. Compare that to what both Naruto and Sasuke go through, while you're at it.
3) sakura gets everything she wants in the end. The complete asspull at the end of shippuuden (is it spoilers? Well everyone knows what it is anyway) that gives that so pretty and obnoxiously nonsensical ending gives her the only thing she's beein whining for for the entire duration of Naruto + Shippuuden. And as mentioned above, without losing anything along the way. Princess snot-nosed good for nothing does the least to get the most. While crying 800 episodes along the way. An endearing character to be certain.
4) sakura is a cunt. There are so many examples of that it's not even fun remembering them. Want a couple? a) Sakura tells Naruto, who had his parents killed, grew up alone/hated/mistreated, without family or friends, that he *doesn't understand her pain* because miss sakura, 10 year old with family, friends and everything someone could desire for, couldn't get Sasuke to care about her. b) sakura tells naruto "I love you" to stop him obsessing over a promise SHE had made him do. I remember when I saw that I wish I could have strangled her through the screen, that's one of the scummiest things I've ever witnessed in ANY anime, hands down. There is nothing forgivable about that, it's downright disgusting. c) I'll add the fact that she hits Naruto more than the enemies do. Not only does he do her bidding, helps her, saves her etc etc but he gets beaten on as a reward. I don't find that particularly funny myself.
5) sakura's only trait is that she wants to go down on sasuke. Yes yes, put it in more idealistic ways if you want to but that's still the long and short of it. Her own existence is only about sasuke. Naruto's obsession, while annoying as well, is at least more understandable and it's not there just because of ONE thing (i.e. oh pls sasukekun fuck me nau). Not like the whole concept of friendship, rivalry and so on is original but christ, that's still more than "be my master sasuke-kun". Characters that exist just for one reason are inherently flawed and can become annoying very easily. More so when they don't have any redeeming factors about themselves.

And those are just the first reasons that popped into my head that make sakura extremely hate-able. Being weak (she is, please stop the "she's a medic ninja" nonsense, Tsunade was a medic ninja and she was still a complete badass compared to her peers) is just a minor nuisance compared to the utter shallow scum that sakura is. If Naruto was just a 12 ep show then it'd be bearable, but having to stand her for however many hundreds of eps, well, I'm surprised she's hated this little.

Okay so considering how rude this was and how much of your argument is based off of your personal opinion, I'm not going to respond. Believe what you want. You're writing essay length insults on a fictional being. You really don't need to take it that seriously. I just believe Sakura doesn't deserve all the hate she gets. Also, if she's under-developed, that is ENTIRELY the fault of the writers, not her.. so yeah. I also stopped reading at number three because yes, spoilers matter.. and you didn't drop a spoiler thing.
Aug 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2011
MeisterDM said:
Talgikiwi said:

My list is public ffs, I’ve watched all 3 seasons of Boku Aca. No, I don’t and will never like bakugou, so fuck off with the ‘hur dur character development’ bullshit. Deal with it.

Okay everyone in this thread is being so damn toxic. You're allowed your opinion but you don't have to shit on people that disagree with you. I didn't check your list because I don't give a fuck about it. You clearly dislike Bakugou but maybe try not being an asshat about it in forums. I wasn't rude to you, so???
Aug 1, 2019 7:45 PM

Nov 2017
Michiru Hyoudou is underrated to me! Wish she had more screen time, she was a creative mothertrucker too!

Aug 1, 2019 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
Tsubaru is definitely being overhated just because he didn't choose Rem.

Like seriously, the whole series' establishment is him chasing Emilia (for all 3 arcs mind you), so I don't get why people not understand Tsubaru's mentality...

You don't have to fall in love with someone even when they're nice to you.
Aug 1, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2017
Nurguburu said:
Overhated:
*Deku from BNHA
*Bakugou from BNHA

Overratad:

Underrated:
N/A

Bakogou is actually overloved btw just because he looks sexy. (despite his shit personality)
Just go see how many freaking hentai doujin is all about him.
At least 10000+ by now.

Also which world do you live in to think Deku get overhated?
He's constantly being voted as best boy on Crunchyroll.
Ventus_SAug 1, 2019 8:48 PM
Aug 1, 2019 9:12 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Ventus_S said:
Nurguburu said:
Overhated:
*Deku from BNHA
*Bakugou from BNHA

Overratad:

Underrated:
N/A

Bakogou is actually overloved btw just because he looks sexy. (despite his shit personality)
At least 10000+ by now.

I'm a girl and I personally find bakugou fugly as sin, both in and out. Like look at this uncivilized manbeast:

If I wanted to look at hot male characters, I'd rather watch gundam 00 or d gray man for that.

these guys are far more attractive than bakugou will ever be.
Aug 1, 2019 10:05 PM

Oct 2017
MeisterDM said:
Ventus_S said:

At least 10000+ by now.

I'm a girl and I personally find bakugou fugly as sin, both in and out. Like look at this uncivilized manbeast:

If I wanted to look at hot male characters, I'd rather watch gundam 00 or d gray man for that.

these guys are far more attractive than bakugou will ever be.

Doesn't change the fact that Rule 34 generates most doujin about Bakugou among all male characters in BHA.

I don't particularly like Bakugou much in the series, but Doujin at least makes his personality like... way better, ironically..
Oct 3, 2019 6:13 PM
Sep 2017
Asuna Yuuki take the top spot for being overhated in the anime community(alongside Kirito)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2019 6:29 PM

Feb 2019
Slaine from AZ is really overhated. I honestly found him better than Inaho~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 3, 2019 7:59 PM
Mar 2015
Sakura from Naruto, people say she useless but she is the most normal person doesn't have any special power from family, i don't know why people hate sakura because she weaker than every ninja have special power from family or another sources.(sorry for my bad english)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thought on Ecchi anime?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

29 by HopiumAddict »»
57 seconds ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 10 hours ago

31 by Adnash »»
12 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

86 by SilentVinyl »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

93 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
28 minutes ago

» does anime makes you perfectionist?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by Zimmu »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.